Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 00:55   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i have actually, lol. the 325i is also much more loaded in terms of features than the c200k. yes, i think the fe would probably be 1-1.5kmpl lower in the 325i maybe more depending on how its driven. youve said ull settle for 5kmpl if its sporty. otherwise look at 320d, though the resale value of the 325i is worse so youll probably get a newer example of the 325i. the advantage of diesel is that you can rip it without having to worry about fuel.
True. I do tend to rip my cars. Im always pushing it as far as it goes. I will floor the pedal if the road is empty and I do it all the time. Hence, I do want a diesel but the 320d 2008 is not less than 23L and the c220cdi is not less than 25.5L. And the newest shape 325i ? No way under 20L man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
If you're planning to get a luxury German, i'd suggest a diesel. But IMHO, pre-worshipped cars are risky cars. I think you should get a new car like the Laura 1.8TSI or the Chevy Cruze (i read you have a thing for badges but heck! who cares about badges when you've got sunroof, start/stop button and that muscular design). Though you might NOT be pleased with Chevy's interiors. The new Laura is a pretty hot favorite and a very nice car.
Since, you've already got a C in the family, i wouldn't really suggest picking it up again. Get a 3 if you're very keen on the entry-level luxury Germans. In the 3, the 320d Highline would be my pick!
Keep us posted with your decision.
Cheers!

PS: How are you getting a 2007 C in the new design? I thought only 2008+ cars are in the new design, unless i am wrong here. And if it's not the latest design, then you shouldn't be thinking about it.

OT: You say you're 21 but your profile says you're 25!
Yes your right on both fronts. The new C came in 2008. Im currently getting a 2008 C200K with 32k kms for a little more than 20L. Owned by a company for its boss it is in good condition.
I do not need a sunroof and would never use it. The cruze is definately out of the options list.
I wouldnt mind settling for a new Laura if my dad insists but I wouldnt hav that happiness you get once you drive a Merc or a BMW. Its the badge. And the brand. Theres something about it
Old 29th March 2010, 01:24   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
And the newest shape 325i ? No way under 20L man.
i dont think there were any engine tweaks in the newer shape. and anyway most 'normal' people wont even make out the difference. even the old shape was fully loaded, so if you do get a good condition one pick it up.
Old 29th March 2010, 02:28   #18
BHPian

I will never suggest you to buy a second hand car.
I will give you two suggestions :

1. Honda Civic : Just buy Civic and do mods as you want. Add FFE , K&N filters, Alloys ,etc.

2. Chevy Cruze : as @prateekm suggested get only A/T
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:09   #19
BHPian

hey guys, there is a 2002 E46 330i for sale that i went to see. The details are- monaco blue, 50k kms, 2nd owner, automatic, NO moonroof, interior leather in bad condition(needs to be replaced immediately), a lot of scratches and dents(whole car needs to be repainted), silencer silver cover missing and front suspension makes noise which also needs to be replaced. the guy is asking 10 for it but i should be able to get if for 8.5-9. It will take another 90k-1L for basic work. That leaves me with plenty of cash for modding. I do need to be able to use the car for another 3 years so are these old cars reliable enough? I wouldnt mind it being a little expensive to upkeep since im getting it at half my budget. Do you think its worth the buy?
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:19   #20
Awaiting Email Confirmation

IMO, old cars offer no certainty. No matter how many parts you replace/fix, there are always plenty of parts left to go kaput leaving you stranded. If it was my choice, i wouldn't buy such an old car, especially since i have no time to devote heavily to my car.
Old 3rd April 2010, 17:52   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hey guys, there is a 2002 E46 330i for sale that i went to see. The details are- monaco blue, 50k kms, 2nd owner, automatic, NO moonroof, interior leather in bad condition(needs to be replaced immediately), a lot of scratches and dents(whole car needs to be repainted), silencer silver cover missing and front suspension makes noise which also needs to be replaced. the guy is asking 10 for it but i should be able to get if for 8.5-9. It will take another 90k-1L for basic work. That leaves me with plenty of cash for modding. I do need to be able to use the car for another 3 years so are these old cars reliable enough? I wouldnt mind it being a little expensive to upkeep since im getting it at half my budget. Do you think its worth the buy?
the condition is not good and it shows how the car has been treated. there are probably more parts just waiting to fail. i would avoid this car.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Was checking the clasifieds section few days back & came across a Supra (Rs.16lakh). The ad was posted by bhpian LandSpeed.
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
is it the same car located at dadar.parsee owned.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:00   #24
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

For 20L, you can get a Toyota MRS/MR2/Supra/Sera depending upon the condition of the cars. Most of these cars can be had at less than half of your budget. Also you can look for used SLK200(the old gen) and Audi TT(not sure if it would be under 20L, even the old gen). How about a bright yellow or white Ducati 848 or 1198 instead of a car(since you already have a few cars in your garage)?
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Why do you not look at a New Accord 2.4 ? It's quite a nice drivers car ! And at under 20 Lacs it should be good, brand new !!

Then we have the new Passat which just reduced the price by 5 lacs making it a shade under 20 lacs !

Why do you want a used beemer or Merc ? The mantainance these cars demand sometimes is just not worth it.

And then we have the laura which is a very sporty car to drive.
Old 4th April 2010, 11:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
is it the same car located at dadar.parsee owned.
Yes. Do you have more information(history) about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
For 20L, you can get a Toyota MRS/MR2/Supra/Sera depending upon the condition of the cars. Most of these cars can be had at less than half of your budget. Also you can look for used SLK200(the old gen) and Audi TT(not sure if it would be under 20L, even the old gen). How about a bright yellow or white Ducati 848 or 1198 instead of a car(since you already have a few cars in your garage)?
Around which year SLK ? There is a prev gen black audi TT for sale for 14L but its in chennai and will hav to go there to check it out. so not too keen
Have never owned or driven a 2 wheeler. So havent developed an interest for it. Family wont allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Why do you not look at a New Accord 2.4 ? It's quite a nice drivers car ! And at under 20 Lacs it should be good, brand new !!

Then we have the new Passat which just reduced the price by 5 lacs making it a shade under 20 lacs !

Why do you want a used beemer or Merc ? The mantainance these cars demand sometimes is just not worth it.

And then we have the laura which is a very sporty car to drive.
Already have a 2.4 Accord which my mom uses (driven by the driver). The thing is Im looking for a fun car that I can sell off or give to a cousin or something after 3 years or so since I will be going abroad for further studies. Im going next week to check out the Laura.

Last edited by YSooSeriouss : 4th April 2010 at 11:49.
Old 10th April 2010, 10:26   #27
BHPian

320i in delhi for 18l (rest you can negotiate)

drive it to mumbai

Used 2007 BMW 3-Series 320i Sedan for sale in New Delhi - Profile Id : S92362 - CarWale.com
Old 12th April 2010, 22:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
I will never suggest you to buy a second hand car.
I will give you two suggestions :

1. Honda Civic : Just buy Civic and do mods as you want. Add FFE , K&N filters, Alloys ,etc.

2. Chevy Cruze : as @prateekm suggested get only A/T
+1 for Civic. Sometime back Honda had a limited sports edition on Civic going. Don't know if that is still on, but its a great car and with some mods would be a perfect sports you are looking for!!
Old 13th April 2010, 15:33   #29
BHPian

Guys, spoke to my dad about the cars that I am getting for under 20 and hes of the opinion of getting a brand new C200K which I can use for like 2years after which when I go abroad he will use after selling of his present C class.
My dad has always liked Merc as a brand but I am gonna try pushing for an A4 2.0 petrol and will take him to the showroom to check it out. The A4s better looking than the C IMO dunno about the ride etc. So now not getting a used car for sure.
Either its the A4 2.0 or 1.8 Petrol OR a C200K
What do you suggest in terms of long term(gonna keep the car for >4 years) ride and maintenance and overall?
Old 15th April 2010, 21:39   #30
BHPian

merc in my opinion has always been for older people.. youre young dude - buy a beemer or an audi - theyre much more fun

Most Viewed