Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 05:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyurshah View Post

Regarding TASS, since you are in Mumbai, I can guide you to very good TASS at Kandivali. I have been servicing my Indigo as well as Safari there and the experience has been very very satisfying so far. Infact I got my cousin to move his vista from existing TASS to this place and even he is very happy with the service offered.

When I had gone to collect the Vista for my cousin after service, I had a chat with the service advisor. He gave a very honest and frank opinion reg the general perception of TASS servicing and the reason behind it. He mentioned that earlier on, the car quality from TA-MO was very bad and hence even new cars had lots of issues. This really caused the service center people to feel very low about their work and never got any job-satisfaction. Due to this there was lot of employee churn. Now, that the cars are coming from TA-MO with better quality, they are seeing a change in customer's perception which makes them feel good and motivates them to offer better service.

I dont know if this is true of all TASS, but somehow, I did find merit in his logic.

First of all, thanks for sharing this, and let me reiterate what you said is correct. I got a similar answer from dealers in Kanpur(Society Motors, Tata-Fiat) and Calcutta. They were forthcoming in their feedback, saying that the initial Indica was a disaster, and till the V2 was released, their workshops seemed to be overloaded and overworked forever. In fact, they said that this truly changed right around the time when the Indigo was launched, and since the release of the Vista, things are now quite similar to that at Maruti. Tall claim perhaps, but this gentleman (at Society Motors, Kanpur) used to work for Maruti.

Now, I would recommend a couple of cars, both used, and in your budget:

a. Tata Sumo Victa IDI Turbo- If you search on tbhp, there is one horror story about the Victa (bhpian VarunRoy's car), and his car indeed was a lemon. However, other than that one report, I have heard that the car is very reliable (read Condor's ownership report too). The 90hp IDI turbo engine is one of the most reliable mills out their and is still in production in the Winger (not sure if the Victa is still being produced). The Victa is very comfortable for a large family and it is easy to fit a luggage rack to it as well. The A/C works well too.

b. Mahindra Scorpio - First Gen - This is a riskier proposition as the car will be quite old, and Scorpios do have a tendency to be used roughly.
Old 24th July 2010, 13:15   #47
BHPian

Not wanting to start a new thread, My sister is planning a new car with a budget of 8 Lac +/- 50k. and has shortlisted Xylo E4 and Scorpio Lx. Which is a better buy, to be used for 85% City runs rest short Highway trips.
Old 24th July 2010, 13:25   #48
Senior - BHPian

Since its for your sister & she wont be driving, go for the Xylo. you will get a top end xylo for the price of a base scorpio. moreover, xylo offers better rear seat comfort compared to scorpio.

the best buy would be an innova but that wont come in your budget & also, i wont recommend buying a second hand innova.
Old 24th July 2010, 13:34   #49
BHPian

Thanks Raj, I also have the same idea. will go for the Xylo.
Old 14th September 2016, 16:58   #50
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,
Iam looking out for a 7/8 seater suv/muv my budget is not more than 15 lacs onroad. Kindly assist which car should i buy ?
My top of the list contender innova crysta is out of budget. Even the petrol innova is somewhat 17 big ones on road. Second option i am looking towards is xuv 500 w6 model which is 16 on road but iam scared of the issues and niggles faced by xuv owners, are there any other option which i can consider ?
I need a powerful engine and great handling along with reliability, i currently own dzire zdi, my monthly running is less so even petrol will suffice.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
P.S : my heart also says pre owned fortuner.
Old 14th September 2016, 17:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: A 7/8 Seater Vehicle

Why not the BR-V if you don't intend carrying 7 adults on the highway?

XUV is good, but the last row isn't spacious. The Innova is good, but petrol versions are going to have terrible resale value.

Pre owned fortuner isn't exactly worth as it has a very bumpy ride, not the thing you want in a people mover. It's fine otherwise.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:05   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

You can consider XUV if you would be using the third row only occasionally. For long drives, XUV has two issues -
1) It is not an 8 seater, at best a 7 seater. However, third row is not that spacious.
2)With all 7 seats occupied you do not have much luggage space.

Reliablity issues are sorted out since past couple of years atleast.

Innova will be out of the price range mentioned.
Old 15th September 2016, 15:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
You can consider XUV if you would be using the third row only occasionally. For long drives, XUV has two issues -
1) It is not an 8 seater, at best a 7 seater. However, third row is not that spacious.
2)With all 7 seats occupied you do not have much luggage space.
Yes, you are correct there's absolutely no boot space with the last row seat up, will have to fix a sporty carrier for long road trips that we do once or twice a year. Any views regarding the w6 variant ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Why not the BR-V if you don't intend carrying 7 adults on the highway?

XUV is good, but the last row isn't spacious. The Innova is good, but petrol versions are going to have terrible resale value.
I will check out the BR-V this weekend, the last row will be used occasionally so must not be an issue in XUV , petrol innova i intend to keep it for aleast 5-6 years, looking at the marginal difference between petrol and diesel prices, we never know what would be the outcome in coming years although its still way to outside my budget.

Last edited by Slush_Traveller : 15th September 2016 at 15:13.
Old 15th September 2016, 15:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush_Traveller View Post
Hello Bhpians,
Iam looking out for a 7/8 seater suv/muv my budget is not more than 15 lacs onroad. Kindly assist which car should i buy ?
My top of the list contender innova crysta is out of budget. Even the petrol innova is somewhat 17 big ones on road. Second option i am looking towards is xuv 500 w6 model which is 16 on road but iam scared of the issues and niggles faced by xuv owners, are there any other option which i can consider ?
I need a powerful engine and great handling along with reliability, i currently own dzire zdi, my monthly running is less so even petrol will suffice.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
P.S : my heart also says pre owned fortuner.

Hexa would be a good option if you can wait for one or two months. It is more powerful and bit more spacious compared to XUV500 and expected to undercut XUV.
Old 18th September 2016, 21:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hexa would be a good option if you can wait for one or two months. It is more powerful and bit more spacious compared to XUV500 and expected to undercut XUV.
Hi, Yes i am waiting for the Hexa as i am in no hurry to buy a new car, also checked out the BR-V today, looks very similar to mobilio, very compact and under powered when compared to XUV and the new innova so it didn't excite me much. Also heard about an Skoda 7 seater suv soon to be launched based on mqb platform but i am pretty sure it will be between 20 to 25 lacs bracket. So eyes on Hexa now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks