Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 14:53   #16
BHPian

The i20 CRDi was be a great acquisition. Do compare it with the Figo Diesel before you make a final choice. I personally don't like the Ritz DDiS, primarily due to cosmetic reasons.
Keep in mind the A.S.S of MS & Hyundai are incomparable to the others.

Out of all the options, the new 6-speed tranny on the i20 definitely ups the ante. The level of tech, the interior space & comfort is the best this side of 10L.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:39   #17
BHPian

My view point :

Resale is something that I would consider only if I am very frequently changing cars, else I would calculate to what extent I have used the car to its value.

I would suggest Punto as it has proved itself in all aspects(ask those people to take a walk who discourage this car by the A.S.S, as things have changed a lot now), else the Figo.
Old 19th April 2010, 16:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Resale - after 5 years! why worry now?
may be at that time the car scenario will change.?

Figo is the recently introduced model hence it will have life for few years.
You already have a fiesta in your family so no need to worry about service matters.

Suggest Figo will be ideal for you!
Old 19th April 2010, 16:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
Keep in mind the A.S.S of MS & Hyundai are incomparable to the others.
My personal experience with Tata Fiat service support is very bad, i have owned a Indica V2 earlier for 150k kms and now i drive a Punto. On the other hand my experience with Maruti(for my VDi) and Hyundai has been very good.

But in some cases its equally dependent on the local service center. My experience with Hyundai and Tata has been for around lakhs of kilometers of ownership of a vehicle from each company.

Quote:
The level of tech, the interior space & comfort is the best this side of 10L(i20).
What level of technology are you taking about? Please elaborate

This is not the most comfortable or the most spacious car this side of 10lakhs(not even amongst hatchbacks), The Figo, Vista and maybe Ritz beats it for space and the ride is not even close to the segment best.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:08   #20
mkh
Senior - BHPian

then only cars that will have resale value are Swift, i20 and Indica Vista
Figo is a recent entry, cannot say what will its possible resale be, but traditionally fords have had v poor resale
Work by elimination, that way its easier. Eliminate those which are poor resale and low on sales charts. No car will fit all the requirements, decide which are more imp than others and then eliminate
Swift or Dezire suit your requirements on all factors you mentioned
If not, looks like i20 diesel
Old 19th April 2010, 20:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post

@akshay_b Is this true in india also? I checked the car magazine again and the exact sentence was that the car was not optimised for the latest crash tests. They didn't have that comment about any of the other cars which were tested. They had practically tested everything else(Petrol) in this comparo.
I'm not sure about the Indian standards but a word class car manufacturer like ford wouldn't do such a silly thing to put up figo on sale without putting it through safety tests.

And get the i20 with your eyes shut, Smooth and refined engine which feels like you're driving a petrol engine, Awesome A.S.S, Great looks, loads of space too. Swift is outdated now, Desire looks like a DIY boot job gone terribly wrong

P.S- Please opt for ABS and airbags even if they cost a lil' extra. Indian roads aren't safe even if you have a tank with 20 Airbags.

Last edited by akshay_b : 19th April 2010 at 20:42.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:51   #22
BHPian

Just a personal opinion, but I don't see the need of high acceleration in a country like India. And especially 4-5 seconds for a city car shouldn't make much difference. But again, it's your car, and you call the shots...
Old 20th April 2010, 15:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
My view point :

Resale is something that I would consider only if I am very frequently changing cars, else I would calculate to what extent I have used the car to its value.

I would suggest Punto as it has proved itself in all aspects(ask those people to take a walk who discourage this car by the A.S.S, as things have changed a lot now), else the Figo.
Yes, if you are not gonna be selling the car anytime soon, then dont bother much on resale value. We never can estimate the scenario then.

AFA Figo is concerned, I personally do not like Fords. Esp on Figo, I get that old Padmini Taxi feeling because of 60% opening rear windows

In comparison to Figo, I would vote for i20 (Just my opinion)
Old 20th April 2010, 18:38   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyurshah View Post
AFA Figo is concerned, I personally do not like Fords. Esp on Figo, I get that old Padmini Taxi feeling because of 60% opening rear windows
Even Punto and a lot of European cars have rear window glass that does not go all they way down. Strange reason to avoid a nice car.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Even Punto and a lot of European cars have rear window glass that does not go all they way down. Strange reason to avoid a nice car.
Sir, I agree that the reason might be strange. But that's what "I" expect from the car and the feel I get.

Compared to Punto, the window opening on Figo is anyways smaller. To reduce it even further, doesn't appeal to me.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
1. Blindly believing an auto magazine because they are famous is not right

2. Unless you intend to race the car whther the car takes 15 seconds or 20 seconds to reach 0-100 does not matter. I belive the avg speed in Chennai city is just 15-25 KMPH, so it really does not matter.

3. When it comes to Diesel cars, Tata seems to be the best (IMO).
You may also consider FIAT Linea, it might require you to stretch your
budget. Linea Diesel is a great car, now most of the initial issues are
also sorted out.

4. When it comes to A.S.S. and re-sale value Maruti is the king

5. I would suggest you to believe your analysis and data and not other opinion.
+1 to this. Except for #4. This point always depends on your personal contacts. Seriously.

From your req I could only see 2 cars fitting your budget. TATA & Dezire. Logan diesel is also good, but then resale or style is something you will miss.

my 2 paisa.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
+1 to this. Except for #4. This point always depends on your personal contacts. Seriously.
Despite the humongous amount of writings about the legendary inefficiency of TASS, I always manage to get very good service done. All it took was to get a good relation with the service manager. He himself ensures my car goes to right hands and is taken care of well.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:59   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, I agree that the reason might be strange. But that's what "I" expect from the car and the feel I get.

Compared to Punto, the window opening on Figo is anyways smaller. To reduce it even further, doesn't appeal to me.
Please Also note that Figo has much larger glass area(Copy paste from Fiesta) compared to Swift and Punto. I find it strange that you rate the feel of the rear window glass going down fully over more important aspects like driveability, Suspension and Steering.
Old 21st April 2010, 20:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Despite the humongous amount of writings about the legendary inefficiency of TASS, I always manage to get very good service done.
Agree to this. Of course there are bad cases, but those are there in all dealers across the board. As far resale value goes, deciding that king today is going to remain the king tomorrow is a mistake. I owned Fiat Uno for eleven years and yet it fetched me one lakh. This for a manufacturer which people are wary to touch even with a barge pole.
Old 21st April 2010, 20:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

From your requirements a figo diesel would be a good choice.

If Ford Figo First Drive - Reviews - Zigwheels is to be believed, that car has been crash tested. Maybe Mustang.101 can provide more info on this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks