Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 11:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying used Swift VDi need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This should easily fetch a 5L+. Whats the price of a new Swift VDi non-ABS there? 4000 is still a new car and considering the premium this car enjoys even in the used car market, expect high prices. I would be surprised if the owner is ready to discount even a 50K on this.

But has this guy paid some down payment [20% usually]? If so that should be the waiver right ?

I am not at all surprised to see your price quote. Your price quote is in tune with the kind of outrageous used car prices seen at Bangalore. I say this even after taking into account the higher cost of purchase (not your fault; almost all Bangalore car owners over rate their car values for some or the other funny reasons)

A realistic price for this will be 4.5 lacs. especially at Chandigarh where the road tax is a whopping 1%
Old 21st June 2011, 13:00   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I am not at all surprised to see your price quote. Your price quote is in tune with the kind of outrageous used car prices seen at Bangalore. I say this even after taking into account the higher cost of purchase (not your fault; almost all Bangalore car owners over rate their car values for some or the other funny reasons)

A realistic price for this will be 4.5 lacs. especially at Chandigarh where the road tax is a whopping 1%
South India does have attrocious price for even petrols, which no one cant help and is plain stupid. But Diesel cars are "easily" sold for the above kinda prices. And if you think my price is outrageous, then God help you, there are worser prices in the market.

Many a times when I see those kind of prices I doubt whether common sense prevails with those owners.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
South India does have attrocious price for even petrols, which no one cant help and is plain stupid. But Diesel cars are "easily" sold for the above kinda prices. And if you think my price is outrageous, then God help you, there are worser prices in the market.

Many a times when I see those kind of prices I doubt whether common sense prevails with those owners.
I completely know what you're talking about. In fact, we both are probably saying the same thing. I think the main reason for high prices down south is not the initial high cost price (because the used cars are costly, even when you do a 'proportionate depreciation' ). I think the real reason is that in places like Delhi, a lot of people have a tendency to use a vehicle and then sell it after some time. So, in such market, there is always a plethora of cars to choose from. While in Bangy, people tend to stick to their cars much longer, thus expecting a high return for their prized possession. Maybe its just 'business class' vs 'working class' mentality. Bottom line is, prices in Bangalore
are atrocious. I tried buying a car but was scared off the stupid prices. I got my Swift from Delhi instead.

Back to the topic, I think 4.5 lacs could be a good price. Are you selling it or buying it?
Old 21st June 2011, 14:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

I just sold my 3 year old Swift at 40K to my relative for 4.2L. I got offers ranging from 3.5 to 4.55. My cousin is too close to me and decided to let go at "his" affordable price.

So i am guessing 4.5 - 4.75 is a fair price for that car.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I completely know what you're talking about. In fact, we both are probably saying the same thing. I think the main reason for high prices down south is not the initial high cost price (because the used cars are costly, even when you do a 'proportionate depreciation' ). I think the real reason is that in places like Delhi, a lot of people have a tendency to use a vehicle and then sell it after some time. So, in such market, there is always a plethora of cars to choose from. While in Bangy, people tend to stick to their cars much longer, thus expecting a high return for their prized possession. Maybe its just 'business class' vs 'working class' mentality. Bottom line is, prices in Bangalore
are atrocious. I tried buying a car but was scared off the stupid prices. I got my Swift from Delhi instead.

Back to the topic, I think 4.5 lacs could be a good price. Are you selling it or buying it?
4.5 lacs for a three month old swift vdi? I think thats way off. A new VDI costs 6.2L or something in bangalore (afaik, i may be a bit off). And theres a waiting period. I wouldnt be surprised if the asking price is 5.5 lacs!
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
4.5 lacs for a three month old swift vdi? I think thats way off. A new VDI costs 6.2L or something in bangalore (afaik, i may be a bit off). And theres a waiting period. I wouldnt be surprised if the asking price is 5.5 lacs!
That's coz your playing field is slightly unfair (Bangalore). The buyer stays in Chandigarh and AFAIK, the new VDi should be close to 5.7 there! So, I think its a fair price. We have to consider that new Swift is due in a while.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
That's coz your playing field is slightly unfair (Bangalore). The buyer stays in Chandigarh and AFAIK, the new VDi should be close to 5.7 there! So, I think its a fair price. We have to consider that new Swift is due in a while.
My mistake, i read the post after that and the poster was bangalore so assumed bangalore. If its chanidgarh then yea its at least 50k cheaper and the used car prices are anyway lower up north. But even then, the swift diesel still commands crazy resale values. Even though the new swift is due, im sure the seller could sell it off at 5 lakhs
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Bottom line is, prices in Bangalore
?
I was saying the exact same words when I moved from Delhi to Bangalore just 3 months ago. I considered selling my 2 cars in Delhi and buying just one used car here and I was shocked, in-fact shocked is an understatement.

Even if the difference between a car's on-road price in Delhi is 50k, two years later the car in Bangalore sells for about a lakh more than its Delhi counterpart.

I have been offered 2008 Altos for 2.8 lacs, 2005 Santros for 2.8 lacs, 2007 Pulsar 150 for 65k, Swift 2009 for 6 lacs and what not. Users in Bangalore expect to get back every penny that they spent on accessories and apparently they get it back too!

Nevertheless, I too brought my car from Delhi but that not easy either, 12-15k for transport, 6k for RTO agents & bribes and tax @ approx 15% of (your cars invoice value minus very little depreciation - 58k tax for my 3 year old logan petrol). Basically, whether you buy a car in Bangalore or you bring one from another state, it is going to be painful!
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:20   #24
BHPian

Car prizes in Chennai can leave you reeling. Have seen 2006 Altos with 52K on the clock and totally dirty,lousy interiors go for 2.1lacs. 2008-09 Altos done 13-21K kms are quoted at 2.8-2.9 and strangely they sell. Excuse is " what saar, almost new car, original paint( plus millions of stickers of Rajni,Kalaignar,Amma, Vijaykanth,Great Thulhu,Sai Baba,other family gods for free).
I think the high prices are because:
A. High road tax.
B. Superb detailing done at GP Road-type places.They get ripped and later on try to recuperate the cost.
C.Obscenely high interest rates from NBFCs/ Local Cheat fund-type entities/ Personal loans which went towards purchase of these cars.
D. Lack of a Karol Bagh style chor-bazzar/ Open sunday market for cars.Lack of options and lack of good cars mean anything is sold for whatever U can get.
E. Some of the sellers( esp older folks) feel affronted if u try to haggle with them.They take it as a personal insult.
F." Easy Money from US" image of the predominantly IT/ ITes crowd in the southern/ south-eastern part of Chennai atleast. This point works for both Bangalore and Chennai.
Old 16th August 2011, 16:41   #25
BHPian

Hey Team,

I am thinking sell my Swift VDI (2009 model / 17000km) and upgrade to new Verna fluidic how much i should expect from my swift? no accident (no insurance claim) car is intact.

Thx
Tushar
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey Team,

I am thinking sell my Swift VDI (2009 model / 17000km) and upgrade to new Verna fluidic how much i should expect from my swift? no accident (no insurance claim) car is intact.

Thx
Tushar
Well, considering that you are in Bangalore, you can expect around 5 lacs if you its a well kept Vdi with standard equipment only.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Well, considering that you are in Bangalore, you can expect around 5 lacs if you its a well kept Vdi with standard equipment only.

2009 SWIFT DIESEL VDI (White)
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Well.. Goodluck!
In addition to overall high resale prices in Bangalore, Swift diesel commands insanely high resale values in Bangalore. You might find someone at that price.

In Delhi a brand new Vdi used to cost 5.6lacs in 2009 & wouldn't sell for over 4.2 lacs today (regardless of condition or kit), but then this is Bangalore we are talking about
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Well.. Goodluck!
In addition to overall high resale prices in Bangalore, Swift diesel commands insanely high resale values in Bangalore. You might find someone at that price.

In Delhi a brand new Vdi used to cost 5.6lacs in 2009 & wouldn't sell for over 4.2 lacs today (regardless of condition or kit), but then this is Bangalore we are talking about
I agree mate, i am paying 80k extra for Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 SX compare to Surat (Gujarat)

Thx,
Tushar
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I agree mate, i am paying 80k extra for Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 SX compare to Surat (Gujarat)

Thx,
Tushar
Congratulations on the Verna, whats the delivery period in Hyd? You are lucky you are buying it in Hyd (atleast the road tax is not as high as Bangalore )
Your 80k difference becomes 1.3lacs if you compare Delhi and Bangalore for the same car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks