Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 14:14   #1
BHPian

Buying used Swift VDi need help

Guys,

I've decided to buy a used Swift Vdi from true value in Bangalore. The quoted price is Rs. 5.2 lakhs. The vehicle has done 32 K Kms, accident free and color is White (non metallic).

The owner seems to have lost the RC book and has got a duplicate RC book. The true value guys are telling me this is ok.

I'm not sure if there is value in this. The new Swift Vdi is ~ 6.25 lakhs on road. I understand that buying second hand car in Blr is tough, but is there value in this deal?

regards,
lsjey
Old 10th May 2010, 14:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

Nopes, better go in for a new LDi by paying a couple of thousands more. Thats what I would have done.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 14:26   #3
BHPian

How "old" is the car (Mfg date)? I don't see any value in buying it at such a high price.

Why do you want to get half worn out tyres and brake pads, fewer days of warranty coverage, dodgy paperwork and lower resale price (because you're the second owner) if the discount is only 1L ?

I wouldn't buy it for anything over 4.5L.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Guys,

I've decided to buy a used Swift Vdi from true value in Bangalore. The quoted price is Rs. 5.2 lakhs. The vehicle has done 32 K Kms, accident free and color is White (non metallic).

The owner seems to have lost the RC book and has got a duplicate RC book. The true value guys are telling me this is ok.

I'm not sure if there is value in this. The new Swift Vdi is ~ 6.25 lakhs on road. I understand that buying second hand car in Blr is tough, but is there value in this deal?

regards,
lsjey

Used vdi's have excellent residuals. I'd stay away if I were you. Why not consider the Petrol VXI?
Old 10th May 2010, 14:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
How "old" is the car (Mfg date)? I don't see any value in buying it at such a high price.

Why do you want to get half worn out tyres and brake pads, fewer days of warranty coverage, dodgy paperwork and lower resale price (because you're the second owner) if the discount is only 1L ?

Agree with each and every word written above. Even going by Swift Diesel's good resale value, this is too much of an asking price for a car that has done 32k.
Old 10th May 2010, 14:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Swift Vdi is 6.25 lakhs???

Here in Chennai it is only 5.8 on road. How can there be such a huge difference?
Old 10th May 2010, 15:08   #7
BHPian

The TrueValue guys should change their name to Overvalue. 5.2 is way too much for a second hand hatch, I wouldn't even consider it. There are so many better options, a Swift Ldi, Figo Diesel, even an Indica Vista, that you could consider in the price range.

5.8 vs 6.25 is too big a difference even when one considers the inflated road tax in Bangalore. I wonder what other charges that the dealers pass off as standard.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:45   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post

Exactly, it would not be any worth to pay more than 4.5L if the vehicle is in excellent condition with all the papers intact. But 5.2L is very much on the higher side. If it was me, I would go ahead with a brand new Swift LDi rather than used VDi
Old 10th May 2010, 22:36   #9
BHPian

5.2L for 32K seconds?
outrageous..
Old 10th May 2010, 22:45   #10
BHPian

Not at all worth, stay away from it. when you're ready to pay 5.2lk for a 32k done swift, why dont you wwait for a couple of months and then extend your budget to6.2 and get a first hand VDI? in that way you'll have mental peace and happiness. Just a word from my side pal.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:47   #11
Team-BHP Support

Am a swift owner and i would recommend a spanking new LDi anyday instead.
Old 11th May 2010, 07:18   #12
BHPian

Thanks for your replies guys. Will definitely not take this offer and as suggested look at new Swift Ldi instead.

The year of mfg is 2009.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 11th May 2010, 22:36   #13
BHPian

Can't resist writing about an "offer" (guess two years back) from my dad's friend.
He was owning a Maruti 800 with finance from some bank. He had paid 8 months of EMI and was moving to Mumbai. He wants to sell his car that he came up with his brilliant offer.
The offer is:
I take over the car and the remaining EMI
I pay him the 8 EMIs he already paid.

Searching for the deal? I was like "what in the world?"
Dunno which planet these guys come from...

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th June 2011 at 18:40. Reason: Removed abusive notation. Refer rule #2.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:22   #14
BHPian

Re: Buying used Swift VDi need help

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I have a similar query:

What would be a fair price for a March 2011 Swift, done 4000 kms, considering the new Swift is about to be launched? It's a Non- ABS VDi and accident free.

Thanks!
Old 10th June 2011, 17:32   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying used Swift VDi need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
What would be a fair price for a March 2011 Swift, done 4000 kms, considering the new Swift is about to be launched? It's a Non- ABS VDi and accident free.
This should easily fetch a 5L+. Whats the price of a new Swift VDi non-ABS there? 4000 is still a new car and considering the premium this car enjoys even in the used car market, expect high prices. I would be surprised if the owner is ready to discount even a 50K on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
The offer is:
I take over the car and the remaining EMI
I pay him the 8 EMIs he already paid.

But has this guy paid some down payment [20% usually]? If so that should be the waiver right ?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th June 2011 at 17:34.

Most Viewed