Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy if you had 5 lakhs to spent?
i10 40 17.32%
Beat 26 11.26%
Figo 71 30.74%
Vista 30 12.99%
Ritz 27 11.69%
Swift 37 16.02%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 10:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Ritz mainly because of its engine. Followed by Maruti A.S.S.'s presence in all corners of the country (that does not guarantee excellent quality of service though). FE is also marginally better than i10.
Old 18th May 2010, 10:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Are you only inclined for a new car otherwise you can pick some good pre-owned ones (NHC etc) for this much.

Otherwise my advise (as an i10 1.2 Sportz owner) would be to stay away from i10! It is not VFM at all. For the same amount (or thereabouts) you can pick up Ritz or Swift and those are superior cars. My choice would be Swift Vxi.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:34   #18
BHPian

if you want to carry 4 reasonably sized adults in comfort for most part of the time pick the figo or ritz.

For performance swift. not VFM though in my opinion.

if the car is occupied for the most parts by 2 people go for the beat. you get good mileage as well and also a small car which is easy to drive around.

i10 kappa engine has good performance but it;s again not VFM for me.

TD all the cars. In city the performance difference between these cars will not be very apparent.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 View Post
As for beat and the i10 im not too concerned for the rear passengers mainly because there arent going to be any rear passengers. It would be mostly used with 2 passengers on board for at least 90% of the time.

I found the i10 bumpy at the rear seats but at the front i think i could still live with it. Beat i don't like for the fact that its sluggish too.

So far everything pointing towards i10 then.
IMO its Beat LT or rather LT (O) for ABS+AirBags if on-road price fits in your budget, I think it should.

Beat = Real VFM, and it doesn't look as bad as Ritz!!

Don't worry about resale as you are already saving 30-40K while buying a Chevy and at max can expect 30-40K less in resale compared Maruti or Hyundai in same category!!

Last edited by HammerHead : 18th May 2010 at 12:08.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:27   #20
BHPian

Have voted for the Ritz. Superb Engine with good FE, good space, good build quality (For a MAruti), reliability, great A**. However, looks is an area which many may not accept it for. Other wise it is a fantastic overall package. i10 would be a close second
Old 18th May 2010, 12:48   #21
BHPian

My biggest, biggest grouse against the FIGO is the lack of power windows in the back and some lack of top end power (for the diesel). Else, the Figo looks to be a very formidable & compelling package.

Option 2 would be an i10 1.2.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:58   #22
BHPian

Vista gives you space which is comparable to what any sedan would offer. Prices of the Petrol Vista are also quite attractive and most dealers are happy to give good discounts. However be prepared for some niggles, but most of them seemed to have been taken care of. Space on the rear bench is a treat & people will be thanking you for the comfortable ride.
& yes its a Fiat engine and its not that bad also. Take my word, you will not regret buying the car.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I have voted for the Vista, but I like the I10 too, however, everytime I sit in the Vista, the sheer sence of space overtakes everything else, it actaully much better than many sedans.
True. It is really spacious for a hatch. Ill hopefully do the TD of Vista today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I voted for Figo purely for the VFM that it offers.

Off Topic: I am sure this thread is gonna go in a bloodshed way with lots of supports and opposers shouting at each other. Really hope that doesnt happen. Rest in peace.
More than VFM i think i'd be concerned about the FE and performance of the car. Well I really hope it doesnt go the bloodshed way. I'd rather prefer a more healthy bloodshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Voted for Ritz mainly because of its engine.
Thanks amitoj for your suggestions. So im assuming you must be talking about the Ritz Lxi as i doubt Vxi would fit in my budget of 5lakhs on road, or does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Are you only inclined for a new car otherwise you can pick some good pre-owned ones (NHC etc) for this much.
Otherwise my advise (as an i10 1.2 Sportz owner) would be to stay away from i10! It is not VFM at all.
Im looking at purchasing a new car actually as of now, but when you say good pre-owned cars which ones do you do you have in your mind? The thought of going through the purchase process of a second hand kind of freaks me out a bit. Not being from hyderabad and not knowing the language and not knowing trustworthy places to look at makes it even more difficult for me. Hence my decision for a new one.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:06   #24
BHPian

No Doubt Vista is Value For money. You will get unmatched space, unmatched comfort at a very less price. TASS is improving considerable. I am getting 5 star treatment from TASS and their workmanship is also very much improved.

FYI
Old 18th May 2010, 17:15   #25
BHPian

i'd go with i10. one gem of car with superb handling and comfort!
Old 18th May 2010, 17:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

S-W-I-F-T-!-!

Hottest Hatchback on Indian Roads till date!
Old 18th May 2010, 17:41   #27
BHPian

My vote goes for the i10

I've been using the i10 kappa for the last 1.5 years now, and am absolutely pleased with its overall performance backed by excellent Hyundai service. To be honest though, there are a couple of irritants in the car as well:
  • Beige Dashboard: Reflects in sunlight (Sunglasses are a must )
  • Skinny Tires: not very confidence inspiring at high speeds, but work well in the city where you rarely touch 3 digit speeds
Old 18th May 2010, 23:47   #28
BHPian

aye 10

Well,
just 775 km done!
just 3 months of togetherness with my Vanessa
My i10 is just stock.
but, I can tell you one thing,
The little premium you pay above the "VFM" badge on all other cars,
you will encash that premium every time you have a seat in the i10 for a drive or even otherwise!

No kidding.
All worth.
You will feel very satisfied, on owning an i10. (Beige soothes!)
You will smile when you drive, Sure!

Care.

Ace.

P.S. that "aye"10-in the subject- is the influence of Pirates of Caribbean that I saw yesterday, again!

Last edited by driverace : 18th May 2010 at 23:49.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:51   #29
BHPian

So I have question for all of you who suggested my two outcasts which I kept aside in the first place. Considering petrol versions which one do you think is a better option keeping in mind all the same factors I've mentioned initially. The swift vxi or the ritz vxi?? And it would be super awesome if you could include why you picked one over the other. My understanding is that the previous swift petrol models had low mileage issues in the city. I don't know how much of that has changed with the k series engine or whether it has changed at all. Any inputs are greatly appreciated.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:03   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Have voted for the Ritz. Superb Engine with good FE, good space, good build quality (For a MAruti), reliability, great A**.
Thanks ive booked a test drive for Ritz too. Looks like for my requirements the options i came up with might not have been the best. I see a lot of fresh new suggestions. Will definitely take a look. Thanks nurni76.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
My biggest, biggest grouse against the FIGO is the lack of power windows in the back and some lack of top end power (for the diesel).
True. Thats my biggest problem with the Figo too. I just dont see the point. But then again i wont be having too many rear passengers and i know i shouldnt be too concerned, but still. WHY did they do it?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Vista gives you space which is comparable to what any sedan would offer.Take my word, you will not regret buying the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
No Doubt Vista is Value For money. You will get unmatched space, unmatched comfort at a very less price. TASS is improving considerable. I am getting 5 star treatment from TASS and their workmanship is also very much improved.
It is a very tempting option and im trying hard to ignore the indica label everytime i think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
S-W-I-F-T-!-!
Hottest Hatchback on Indian Roads till date!
Even though the design has become a bit old for my liking. But i wouldnt write it off. Its definitely a good car otherwise. Any idea about the FE figures with the new Kseries petrols?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
i'd go with i10. one gem of car with superb handling and comfort!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
I've been using the i10 kappa for the last 1.5 years now, and am absolutely pleased with its overall performance backed by excellent Hyundai service. To be honest though, there are a couple of irritants in the car as well:
  • Beige Dashboard: Reflects in sunlight (Sunglasses are a must )
  • Skinny Tires: not very confidence inspiring at high speeds, but work well in the city where you rarely touch 3 digit speeds
i10 seems to have a lot of support here, and yes with valid reasons too. Ive read from the user reviews that the beige reflection is not too much of a problem once you get used to it. I hope so. I'll wait a bit longer for the tyre upgrade though as for now my use is mostly in city limits, hence lower speeds. But thanks very much for the comments. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Well,
just 775 km done!
just 3 months of togetherness with my Vanessa
You will feel very satisfied, on owning an i10. (Beige soothes!)
You will smile when you drive, Sure!
P.S. that "aye"10-in the subject- is the influence of Pirates of Caribbean that I saw yesterday, again!
oh yeah. I see where the 'aye' comes from now. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

EDIT: Oops. Mods i apologize for the back to back posts, i just realised it a bit too late in all the excitement of replying. Sorry.

Last edited by liquidmetal99 : 19th May 2010 at 10:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks