Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy if you had 5 lakhs to spent?
i10 40 17.32%
Beat 26 11.26%
Figo 71 30.74%
Vista 30 12.99%
Ritz 27 11.69%
Swift 37 16.02%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 22:49   #76
BHPian

Re: i10, Beat, Figo or Vista - whats your pick?

Between the Beat, Figo and I10, I would easily advise you to consider the I10. I have recently bought the I10 1.2 VTVT Magna and it is been a perfect all rounder.

In my opinion, the I10 has...

1. A very useful "mini-tall" body. This hatch is not as tall as the Ritz or the Wagon, but tall enough for easy ingress and egress. Hence, less body roll than other "tall-bodied" cars.
2. A capable 1.2 engine.
3. Great fit, finish and features.
4. Decent road stability.
5. Good pan-India sales/service network. It is heartening to find a Hyundai service point at most major towns across the country, especially if you are keen on inter-state drives.
6. Decent fuel economy. I have got 18.74 kmpl, 18.4 kmpl and 17.4 kmpl on three FE tests so far.
7. Decent cabin space.
8. Decent boot space.
9. A good AC.
10. Great driver's view of the road.

If you ask me, at this point in time, no one hatch other than the I10 scores well on all these 10 features and while other cars win on a few features, the I10 stands out because it offers a little of everything. For us, the I10 scores a perfect 10.

Moreover, we have great pride in owning the bestselling Hyundai car and the second best-selling car (after the Alto) in India.

Last edited by misquitas : 8th March 2011 at 22:51.
Old 8th March 2011, 23:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

I would any day go in for the Ritz. It is one of the most practical vehicle of all times and the K-series engine itself is worth every penny. What I personally like is the amount of space in the car. From outside, it may look oddball, but once you step inside the car, it changes your perception about the car totally.

Micra is different story altogether, it has more snob value than the Ritz!! But I voted for the Ritz because it is a more practical, and the Micra is not on the poll.
Old 8th March 2011, 23:30   #78
BHPian

Hi Sajjt,

It is kind of childhood fantasy to own a gleaming black car. Nostalgic!

Long time back when cars/car loans were not common, everyone knew our family as "the house with black car" (Karuppu car illa veedu) in Mallu lingo.

I could not buy black cars later because they were gifted/pre-owned/ used in hot dusty climate/company provided.

Anyways... can Figo owners mention the real fuel efficiency figures?

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 8th March 2011 at 23:33.
Old 9th March 2011, 21:18   #79
BHPian

Test drove the Beat & i10 today.

Beat has a very small boot & rear seat is something people would avoid. Driver thigh support is non existent (I'm 182cms tall) Apart from it i liked everything. The customary 15K discount was offered + music system. Central lock will be 4.5K. But the SE agreed to swap music system with fog lamps. Chevy Beat Diesel base model will be priced @4.12 Ex Showroom according to Mr. Shiron Terry, SE. Mileage is supposed to be 24.XX

Hyundai dealer in Palakkad does not have a 1.1 TD vehicle so had to do with 1.2 Magna which is out of my budget. The interiors are a bit more soothing than the Beat. Rear seat far better compared to beat. AC seems to chill better than the Beat. Dont know how it will be in 1.1

Had a look at Tata showroom because it was on the way. If anybody has the money & no resale value botherations, Punto 90HP is the car to buy.
Tata cars failed to impress mainly due to the "Taxi" image. Vista QJD Terra seems to be a good choice for Diesel users.

Anyway as far as my dilemma is concerned, i will buy either Beat LS or Figo LX
after my Figo TD planned for tomorrow. I now know that finally it will be a trade-off between boot space+rear seat comfort vs lower mileage.
Old 9th March 2011, 21:53   #80
BHPian

@skyline GT-R: Since it is for personal use and the version of Figo you are considering is not so great, I would suggest you consider one among i10 or Beat.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Test drove the Beat & i10 today.

Beat has a very small boot & rear seat is something people would avoid. Driver thigh support is non existent (I'm 182cms tall) Apart from it i liked everything. The customary 15K discount was offered + music system. Central lock will be 4.5K. But the SE agreed to swap music system with fog lamps. Chevy Beat Diesel base model will be priced @4.12 Ex Showroom according to Mr. Shiron Terry, SE. Mileage is supposed to be 24.XX

Hyundai dealer in Palakkad does not have a 1.1 TD vehicle so had to do with 1.2 Magna which is out of my budget. The interiors are a bit more soothing than the Beat. Rear seat far better compared to beat. AC seems to chill better than the Beat. Dont know how it will be in 1.1

Had a look at Tata showroom because it was on the way. If anybody has the money & no resale value botherations, Punto 90HP is the car to buy.
Tata cars failed to impress mainly due to the "Taxi" image. Vista QJD Terra seems to be a good choice for Diesel users.

Anyway as far as my dilemma is concerned, i will buy either Beat LS or Figo LX
after my Figo TD planned for tomorrow. I now know that finally it will be a trade-off between boot space+rear seat comfort vs lower mileage.
Any idea about the Beat Di launch date? If its near then worth to wait for it as the fuel prices are going to break all records. And 24Kmpl is really tempting with a price tag of 4.12L.

With this mileage we can expect a lot of taxi operators too which I hate to see.

A diesel car can bag more re sale value compared to petrol ones.

Last edited by sajjt : 10th March 2011 at 12:15.
Old 10th March 2011, 23:26   #82
BHPian

Test drove the Figo Petrol & Diesel today. Petrol response is pathetic with AC. Diesel torque is really good. SE claims 25 kmpl highway! Record seems to be 31 kmpl in some kind of event that they held.

My SE told that Beat Diesel will be launched after 3 months. But i think his aim was to take my thoughts off of it. If the car was available now I would gladly buy it @ 4.5 OTR approx.

My dad advised to go for a diesel car because petrol prices will hit the roof soon whereas Diesel (due to commercial usage) will still be subsidized. Dual pricing is impractical in India according to him.

Ford petrol cars are not known for their resale value as well.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:53   #83
BHPian

Test Drove the Figo 10 days ago. Did not get a very good feeling and felt the engine is trying hard.

Drove the i10 couple of hours later. With 4 people and AC it was able to to manage all kinds of gradients very easily. Very smooth drive and excellent styling on the new i10 kappa2 vtvt.

Bought the i10!!!
Old 25th March 2011, 21:48   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
Test Drove the Figo 10 days ago. Did not get a very good feeling and felt the engine is trying hard.

Drove the i10 couple of hours later. With 4 people and AC it was able to to manage all kinds of gradients very easily. Very smooth drive and excellent styling on the new i10 kappa2 vtvt.

Bought the i10!!!
Welcome to the I10 family, bandlimitedlife. Incidentally, another member, Steve_Austin (also from Bangalore) has also bought the I10 Kappa2. Hope you have many miles of pleasant and memorable moments in your car. By the way, is it a Magna, Sportz or Asta?
Old 28th March 2011, 12:13   #85
BHPian

@misquitas : Thank you!!! I got the i10 kappa2 sportz version carbon grey. Looks really nice. Drives extremely well. Wife loves it so no problems there. Picked up the car yesterday and roamed around B'lore for the first 100 on Day 1 itself.
Old 3rd April 2011, 14:39   #86
BHPian

@bandlimitedlife :Great Buy!! I do a regular bangalore - chennai on my i10.. and my personal experience too has been very satisfying.. The toughest test was once i had to do it with five people in the car, with A/c on and loads of luggage in boot. Except on the krishnagiri-hosur stretch where the car struggled a bit on the inclines it was smooth sailing all through. The rear seats also didnt feel too cramped with tall people..

While driving with lesser loads, the driving has been a pleasure and could easily clock 140+ speeds..
Old 28th May 2011, 13:07   #87
BHPian

Its the i10
Bought one for myself yesterday after going through your poll
Its 1.2 kappa2 Sportz Ice silver
Thanks for the topic
Old 1st July 2011, 10:32   #88
BHPian

I can list the personal experiences i've had with the cars in question.

i10:
Nice car, refreshed looks, peppy engine, smooth and easy to drive in the city. Not a Highway car at all as leaves ground at as low as 110 kmph. FE is brilliant. VFM is decent too. Great Hyundai After Sales Service.

Beat:
One of the best lookers in the segment and definitely the best VFM packet in the Indian market. Looks great, drive is a little sluggish, but not to the extent that you can't live with it. My Choice in the comparo, but for the thin After Sales network. I haven't had any opportunity dealing with them, so maybe I am unaware.

Vista:
Overall, it seems so tempting to buy, with a lot of interior space, decent features, FIAT engine, new shape way ahead of the older Indica. But what inhibits me from buying one is the TATA after sales service poor record. I don't know if they've improved it now, but earlier, my uncle had a SAFARI DICOR, and he used to complain a lot about the After Sales Sevice. Despite of this, yes, he loved the car.

Figo:
Figo is a good car at the price, but the diesel is the one you should be looking at, petrol is not VFM. The mileage of the petrol engine is pathetic. After Sales Service, as per my personal experience with the Ikon, was below below standard.

So from the above, the competetion lies only between the Hyundai i10 and the CHevy Beat.

Good After sales service and good resale, movement mostly in the city: i10
Good looks and features, but not much concern about resale: Beat
Old 28th September 2011, 13:19   #89
BHPian

Hunt for petrol hatch :Ford Figo EXi vs Honda Brio E vs i10 Kappa2

Hope this is the right thread to post my query.
Planning to buy a petrol hatch, Budget under 4.5L OTR Goa. That left me with options, Figo EXi, i10K2 and the newly launched Brio E version. The car is for my dad though no issues with ingress/egress etc.
My requirements:
1. Space, Figo scores highly here
2. Reasonable quality/reliability, No idea about Figo though other two appear better.
3. Good to drive, Dad likes something sturdy so Japs and Koreans score low here.
4. Good build, Figo feels like built to last while i10 feels like tin box, no offense.

Recap, Been researching for over a month now and booking the car coming weekend. TDed i10 and Figo and finalized i10 as somehow i felt Figo was quite bumpy though i had been drooling over Figo since long time (later it turned out that tires were possibly over-inflated). Tried a whole night to convince myself for i10 but that vague steering, the small car feeling and highway stability issues kept coming back. i10 scores over interiors but they are really an overkill for me. I just need something that will last without any rattles!
Now my questions for the experts here.
I plan to keep the car for 6-7yrs. Of late i have been reading about some teething issues with Figo. For eg Squeaking suspension/Brakes, Headlights etc. Considering this is a new launch(1.5yrs), what is the possibility of Ford working on these issues and sorting them out+ passing on the same to existing users.
Just to add the recently launched Brio in equation, the base model is 3.99L with all that I require, Figo at 4.05L and i10 something similar. Brio looks good until it spoils show with that glassy rear and the tiny boot. personal taste after all!
My heart still beats for Figo, so in a way looking for some solace to book Figo over other shortlists. I just wish the car does not disappoint me over period of time.

Been a long post, thanks for reading. Now suggestions please.

Thanks,
Akshay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks