Team-BHP - i10, Beat, Figo or Vista - whats your pick?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   i10, Beat, Figo or Vista - whats your pick? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/81694-i10-beat-figo-vista-whats-your-pick.html)

I would love to have all you bhpians opinions as i still struggle to finalize on a car.

First of all im used to driving my parents Hyundai Getz which is a fairly good car except for the VFM and the mileage factor. So now that im planning to get one of my own with a limited budget of 4-5lakhs "at most", ive come to the conclusion that i wont have enough running or budget to make a diesel worth the purchase price. Im likely to do around 1000-1500km at most a month and in the city traffic mostly with an occassional highway long trip once a month or so. So that leaves me with a few petrol car options.

Things i'd love to have in the car in the order of its importance,
1. Decent FE
2. Decent performance (within the limitations of my budget of course :D )
3. Reliability or lets say peace of mind in terms of maintenance

So i went through team bhp a lot and ive found the following PETROL options:

1. Hyundai i10 Sportz (Test driven)- Quick and nimble. good for city driving. Decent FE. Hyundai A.S.S. Bumpy ride at the rear though.
2. Chevrolet Beat LT (Test driven)- Great looks and good FE, but i felt it was heavily underpowered. Not sure if it was because im used to driving the Getz. People who have tried out can you confirm this?
3. Indica Vista Aura Saffire (Not Test driven yet) - Very Spacious and looks great from outside and im ready to discount the Indica label on it. Not too sure of Tata's petrol cars though. Even petrol version uses the Fiat engine they said. My understanding is they are good with diesels than petrols. Has anyone TD'd this? Couldnt find much info on team-bhp on the petrol Vista as i wouldve liked to.
4. Ford Figo Zxi (Not Test driven yet) - Its raining figo's on tbhp and have been hearing great reviews so far. But im not too sure where it stands in comparison with the other mentioned cars. But i like the fact that its feature packed.

Havent included the Swift as its kind of getting a bit too dated for me personally designwise, and the Ritz because i find it a bit too elderly-ish if i may. But feel free to prove me wrong if you have a strong point. Im definitely open to suggestions, especially when it comes from tbhp.

So thats where my confusion lies today after months of searching through the dark alleys of tbhp forums. So i thought what better place than here to throw the question out to a bunch of petrolheads. Any and all of your thoughts/feelings/opinions/likes/dislikes/approvals/disapprovals are heavily appreciated and thank you so much for your valuable time. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 (Post 1890828)

1. Hyundai i10 Sportz (Test driven)- Quick and nimble. good for city driving. Decent FE. Hyundai A.S.S. Bumpy ride at the rear though.
2. Chevrolet Beat LT (Test driven)- Great looks and good FE, but i felt it was heavily underpowered. Not sure if it was because im used to driving the Getz. People who have tried out can you confirm this?
3. Indica Vista Aura Saffire (Not Test driven yet) - Very Spacious and looks great from outside and im ready to discount the Indica label on it. Not too sure of Tata's petrol cars though. Even petrol version uses the Fiat engine they said. My understanding is they are good with diesels than petrols. Has anyone TD'd this? Couldnt find much info on team-bhp on the petrol Vista as i wouldve liked to.
4. Ford Figo Zxi (Not Test driven yet) - Its raining figo's on tbhp and have been hearing great reviews so far. But im not too sure where it stands in comparison with the other mentioned cars. But i like the fact that its feature packed.

Choose between the i10 and the Beat. I would pick the Beat for it's VFM and features. Also it's a relatively fresh design. The engine is not that sluggish, you can live with it.

Yes, the Saffire is FIAT's Petrol engine. Stay away from the Figo Petrol. That whiny 1.2 is sluggish and not great when it comes to FE too.

Take a TD of the cars you are interested in, and then decide. Good luck!

@ DRIV3R - Thanks for the quick response. i10 is definitely a strong contender for me. Beat has been a bit of a put off for me after i tried driving it. Im afraid it might just be a bit too sluggish for my liking. But since you said Figo petrol is also really sluggish where do you think it stands relative to beat? better or worse?
And yes i have already booked for a test drive of the other two cars Vista and Figo. Just waiting for that patiently now. Thanks again for your comment. :)

Considering the overall package, I would still choose the Beat over the Figo. I request you to consider the Ritz P. It's got one the best engines from the Maruti stable. Great combo of power and FE. And no, the Ritz is not elderly-ish, the Wagon R, maybe.

My suggestion is i10 followed by figo. The figo is great VFM. i10 I feel is a bit more powerful than the figo.

@ DRIV3R - I agree Ritz is definitely not as elderly-ish as the Wagon R. Elderly is not the word for Wagon R. Heck I cant even find a word that describes it. :D No offence meant to any owners or potential owners of Wagon R though. I will add Ritz to the list if i can strike out any one which is already in the list cos except for the looks which happens to be very subjective i think it definitely makes a good car going by the reviews. But then if i have to keep it inside my budget i'd have to go for the Lxi variant which is kind of a stripped off version with not much to offer in terms of features.

@MX6 - Thanks MX6, ill keep that in mind when i go for the Figo TD and try to see where it stands. i know i10 is definitely better in terms of acceleration than the Beat for sure at least in the lower rpms. But i have to see where Figo fits in relative to Vista and Beat now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 (Post 1890828)
I would love to have all you bhpians opinions as i still struggle to finalize on a car.

First of all im used to driving my parents Hyundai Getz.So now that im planning to get one of my own with a limited budget of 4-5lakhs "at most".

Things i'd love to have in the car in the order of its importance,
1. Decent FE
2. Decent performance (within the limitations of my budget of course
3. Reliability or lets say peace of mind in terms of maintenance

Why not i20 Era at Rs. 4,59,905/- (Ex-Show. Hyderabad)?

Indica Vista 1.2/Figo 1.2 = Relatively sluggish
i10 sports = Bumpy ride
Beat = Catastrophic outside view for the rear passengers

@HammerHead - well good call there. :) actually i did consider that at one point. But then there were 2 things that kept pulling me away from i20. One being the on road price would go over my already overstretched budget of 5 lakhs. The other reason i was reluctant was that i was not too enthusiastic about the idea of having to settle for a base model with not too many features. That was why i stepped down really.

If Vista and Figo petrol are really sluggish like you say then i can look at striking them off the list. As for beat and the i10 im not too concerned for the rear passengers mainly because there arent going to be any rear passengers. It would be mostly used with 2 passengers on board for at least 90% of the time.

I found the i10 bumpy at the rear seats but at the front i think i could still live with it. Beat i dont like for the fact that its sluggish too.

Thanks a lot for ur comment. :)
So far everythings pointing towards i10 then.

I'd go with Figo or Beat... Where's the poll??

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1890961)
I'd go with Figo or Beat... Where's the poll??

Not a bad idea at all. The poll is up! :) Thanks clevermax!

I would suggest you to go for either i10 or Ritz.

I do not like sluggishness and jazzy looks of Beat. You should also consider resale value of all GM.

I do not like sluggishness and waffer thin bumpers of Figo. Looks are good.

i10 is a proven product, good looking, responsive, good service network, good resale. Though the rear seat is bumpy but you said that 90% times, no one will be there at rear.

Also, Ritz's looks is getting acceptance now. Absolutely gem of an engine. super quite, refined, responsive, spacious, good service network, good resale.

Swift, as you said, dated.

So either an i10 or a Ritz. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 1891017)

So either an i10 or a Ritz.

Ritz seem to have a good fan base here and it looks like a strong contender too for my requirements. Im adding that to the list and will definitely give it a TD before i make judgements.

So as of now the scorecard looks like this:

1. i10 (highest scorer)
2. Ritz
3. Figo/Beat/Vista (lowest scorer)

I have voted for the Vista, but I like the I10 too, however, everytime I sit in the Vista, the sheer sence of space overtakes everything else, it actaully much better than many sedans.

I voted for Figo purely for the VFM that it offers.

Off Topic: I am sure this thread is gonna go in a bloodshed way with lots of supports and opposers shouting at each other. Really hope that doesnt happen. Rest in peace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1891319)
I voted for Figo purely for the VFM that it offers.

If VFM is the selection criteria, then it should be the Beat! :)