Team-BHP > What Car?

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 10:56   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I don't know, I would still just get the S or the Q7. Maybe that's what everyone does, but then maybe everyone does it for good reason.
But the thing about the S/Q7 is that they are not driver oriented cars. The Q7 can be fun to drive, but it is not a drivers car. I have driven the S500 and the last thing I'd buy is any S class to drive myself, much more comfortable being driven in it !

If the OP wants a drivers car, there are some fantastic super cars/borderline super cars in his budget ! I'd probably buy the Nissan GT-R or the Porsche 911, both in manual transmission of-course

cheers!
imp!
Old 24th August 2010, 22:20   #62
BHPian

so what s the final verdict ? we'd like to know.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:07   #63
DNS
BHPian

Hi guys, sorry, been a bit preoccupied last couple of weeks.

So ..... right 'now' there are 2 options:

1. E-class 250 CDI vs 530d, as we desperately want to replace our A4 1.8T (lower end of the budget, and a bit of a compromise on the requirements)
2. A secret (If this goes through, got surprise for u'll) pray it does.

In the case we do go for option 1, we will be looking to buy another car around the same budget in the next 6 months or so (make up for that compromise)

Will be test driving the 250 CDI & 530d not this but the following week-end, but will have the ball rolling on option 2 by Wednesday next week.

Will keep you'll posted.

Most Viewed