Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What should I do with my garage? Please specify your factors influencing the suggesti
Purchase Used HONDA CIVIC (Sell Swift+ Matiz to finance) + Purchase New VW POLO 1.2TDI 2 11.11%
Purchase Used HONDA CIVIC (Sell Swift+ Matiz to finance) + Purchase New FIAT PUNTO VGT 1.3Multijet 5 27.78%
Purchase Used HONDA CIVIC + Retain Swift (some Re Do) + Retain Matiz 3 16.67%
Purchase New VW VENTO 1.6TDI + Retain Swift (some Re Do) + Retain Matiz 6 33.33%
Purchase New VW VENTO 1.6TDI + Purchase Used HONDA JAZZ (Sell Swift+ Matiz to finance) 4 22.22%
Any other combo (Please specify) 1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 12:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

PS: This is not intended to be a one liner!

Mods,

Can we add a poll to my section?

Quote:
If you want to go for an SUV, I would suggest Mitsubishi Outlander, a two year old, still under warranty vehicle should be yours for about 12 to 13 lac rupees (delhi).
Quote:
You may also consider the Honda CRV, a three year old should be available for 13+ lacs. Its again extremely reliable but parts once again are expensive, aftermarket support is very less but still far better than the outlander.
@Gaurav All Petrol dude! Did I mention that if its gotta be an SUV, its gotta be a diesel. I tend to not look at the mileage clocked while driving, and thus my fuel bills could run wild pretty fast.

CAPTIVA? X-TRAIL--> This should be cheap . Isn't it.Not many were sold at the first place. Of course, I am talking about the older one.
Old 19th July 2010, 18:57   #17
Team-BHP Support

Among the options you have mentioned, I would go for Used Honda Civic automatic (go for one with leather seats) + Fiat Punto MJD (90 HP perhaps?). Civic & Punto are my favorite sedan/hatchback respectively - both score well on looks & driving pleasure.

I would recommend an automatic Honda Civic (with paddle shifts) because the manual transmission car has poor driveability in heavy traffic. However, when looking for an used Civic in Bangalore, be prepared to pay a premium - don't expect New Delhi rates. Honda Auto Terrace & Classic Automotives would be the best place to look for one.

If you are going for the Punto, go for the top end Emotion Pack only - which is equipped with dual airbags & lot of kit. I drove a fellow team-bhpian's Punto 1.4 petrol too - quite decent it is. So if you are not particular about a diesel, you can check it out.

Last edited by SmartCat : 19th July 2010 at 19:01.
Old 19th July 2010, 19:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Need rationale

Quote:
However, when looking for an used Civic in Bangalore, be prepared to pay a premium - don't expect New Delhi rates.
He he! Thats why I wont be buying at Bangalore. Used car + Bangalore= Deadly combo!

Quote:
Among the options you have mentioned, I would go for Used Honda Civic automatic (go for one with leather seats) + Fiat Punto MJD (90 HP perhaps?).
Thats exactly opinions from friends are very important. Most seem to be inclined towards: Jap sedan (CIVIC) + Euro Hatch (PUNTO/POLO). Wonder why too many are not keen on Euro sedan (VENTO) + Jap Hatch (Retain Swift/Buy JAZZ). Is there a reason for your preference?
Old 20th July 2010, 12:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

Vento: Cannot comment on it without actually driving the car. I like the looks of the car though.

Swift: If you had the Zxi version, I would have asked you to retain the car - but VXi scores low on safety & equipment.

Jazz: I actually think that Jazz is pretty decent value for money, and I had considered purchasing it. But the steering feels light, and I didn't like the way it drives.

Do take a look at used Octavias too - they are very nice to drive. Comes fairly close to the Civic in driving pleasure and beats the Civic (manual transmission) in driveability. Skoda service, incredibly hard to use horn (you need to use your fist to press the horn), no ABS in some models and high mileage on the odo are some of the issues with buying an used Octavia though. Although spare parts are pricey, you will recover it via lower running costs of a diesel engine.

Last edited by SmartCat : 20th July 2010 at 12:55.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that *BUMP* up your own thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th July 2010 at 14:33.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th August 2010, 15:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

A new additon

hey guys!

To all my combos, there is the latest addition:

1) Buy spanking new VENTO 1.6 TDI.
2) Retain my Swift Vxi with full redo. Make stylo again!
3) Replace my Matiz with a Hyundai Santro Xing (03-04)- 1.5 lakh?(used).

I get 3 cars for around the same money. what say??

Quote:
Jazz: I actually think that Jazz is pretty decent value for money, and I had considered purchasing it. But the steering feels light, and I didn't like the way it drives

BTW, thats exactly what I want. This will be my wifey's car. Their logics are different than our's!

Thanks,
Abhi.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 11th August 2010 at 15:19.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

CAPTIVA instead?

Guys,

there seems to be growing reports that I may be able to fetch a 'used' Chevy CAPTIVA at 10-12 lakh.

Do you think that is is gettable at that price? If so, will it be worth spending money on 2.5 yr old vehicle? I have already stated that I have preference for SUVs.

Of course, the Swift stays and Matiz gets changed by Santro in that case.
Old 17th September 2010, 21:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

What about this combination,sorry if its a bit over the top but you get three cars and all of them are "fun" to drive.

1.Get a used Hyundai Elantra CRDi.Its a very understated car but its good.It is big,loaded with quite a few creatures comforts,superb high speed stability and good handling.You can get a decent one for i think about 5 lakhs
2.Keep the swift.
3.Replace the matiz with a Alto K10.Decent city car,very good FE,maruti backing and a pocket rocket too.

What say?

Last edited by avishar : 17th September 2010 at 21:46.
Old 25th November 2010, 13:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

New combo

Ok Guys!

It looks like the purchase has been put off for some time. Thats because, although I am convinced that Vento is a good car, it doesn't seem to have any OOMPH! factor.

I am ready to stretch my budget to 12 lakhs. Is it worthwhile to wait for the new Jetta and keep the Swift? Then we get two cars out of which one (Jetta) is true premium saloon (Primarily coz it will have more upmarket feel than any other cars in its class). Or it is better to go for the Vento right now and replace my Swift with pre-owned Jazz? Both the options cost almost the same amount of money.

Please help me decide:

1) New gen Jetta TDI+ Retain Swift--> Is it worthwhile to wait for almost a year for this combo? Basically, is the 'new' Jetta going to be so much better than the competition that it is worth waiting for?

2) New Vento TDI+ Swap Swift with pre owned Jazz--> I get two 'new' cars with everything to match the requirements but for the Oomph factor.

Please suggest!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks