Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 03:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

FS: He is looking for a second car that will do around 1000kms/month tops.

Out of the choices mentioned, I am very tempted to suggest the Accord V6.
If you cannot find a good V6, look around for a Civic A/T.

I would recommend a corolla, but it isn't as good as the Civic to drive.

Check out the following thread as well:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html
Old 12th August 2010, 04:29   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

How about getting a brand-new VW Vento. It will be in your budget and will be brand new so you won't face much reliability or quality issues.
In the second hand market, you could get a used Civic or better a CR-V in your budget. If you are looking diesel-wards, then the Endeavour or Octavia makes good sense.
Old 12th August 2010, 10:08   #18

@lamborghini: I totally agree with you, even my first preference is Accord V6 (anyday)

But as said by, "@flyingSpur" in that range I'm not sure if i'll be able to get a 2007 V6, and i don't want a older model than that of V6 (because '07 V6 model is much better than its predecessors, in things like: gearbox, acceleration, etc)
Old 12th August 2010, 10:55   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

BTW with 100 km a day, you should be looking at diesels. A mad fast Optra, maybe. Or a Verna.
But hes keeping the santro as his daily car. Unless your suggesting he upgrades his daily car?
Old 12th August 2010, 14:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

@ Lambo / akshay : My bad. Overlooked that part.

@ pug4u : Civic all the way. BUT I'm going to suggest something slightly different. What if this car could be your fun-to-drive car as well as your everyday car. Why not? Get a Verna, you could find a hardly-used one in your price range with the disc brakes all round, OR plonk in for a new one with just a little stretch. I think this is the best thing to do. Combining driving pleasure with everyday utility, and it should be economical too. Think about this one, bro.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:20   #21
BHPian

Go for VW vento. You will get below 8L OTR. Check this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-lakhs-11.html
Old 12th August 2010, 14:46   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ Lambo / akshay : My bad. Overlooked that part.

@ pug4u : Civic all the way. BUT I'm going to suggest something slightly different. What if this car could be your fun-to-drive car as well as your everyday car. Why not? Get a Verna, you could find a hardly-used one in your price range with the disc brakes all round, OR plonk in for a new one with just a little stretch. I think this is the best thing to do. Combining driving pleasure with everyday utility, and it should be economical too. Think about this one, bro.
Good idea, but he should keep around half a lac spare to get a coilover set and some chassis stiffening.
Old 12th August 2010, 16:07   #23

@ Akshay / Flyingspur: I know what you guys are talking about & trust me if I don't get a good/clean pre-owned civic/accord V6 in that range I might end up with a verna AT or ANHC AT or scorpio VLX ( as i like SUV's too)

Not a Big fan of VW (Don't get ) but would await GTO's review & initial ownership report (I know as per pricing it has been placed very nicely by VW guys), But i personally like to go for tried and tested cars

But tell me this, whats the good price range for V6 '07 model, carwale is showing 10.5 lacs (I feel its a bit too high (I can stretch my budget till 8 - 8.5) but I don't want '06 model (for V6) as there is a difference, rather then as suggested I'll end up with '07 or '08 civic AT
Old 12th August 2010, 18:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Simple choices

I think you can choose any one of the following according to your preference:

1) Used HONDA CIVIC - 08 (Maybe).
2) New VW VENTO 1.6MPI (6.99 What??- 1 lakh for Honeymoon)
3) VW VENTO 1.6 TDI- TL (7.99+50k for Delhi reg) - Upgrade this to your daily car and have super fun.

Actually is you want this to be your daily commute then you can try fitting a CNG in CIVIC too. Only that wil kill the CIVIC strength- Driving pleasure.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

@ pug4u : I wouldn't spend that much on an '07 V6. Frankly, I think the Civic is the way to go. When you have to sell it too, you will find takers for it and readily.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you consider the Fiesta 1.6S? It falls in your budget, is the best drivers car under 10L and also has the exclusivity factor.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:34   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ pug4u : I wouldn't spend that much on an '07 V6. Frankly, I think the Civic is the way to go. When you have to sell it too, you will find takers for it and readily.
But that is the going rate for 07 V6's, as long as the kms arent too high and the car is in good condition. Buddy I doubt youll get a good 07 V6 for under 9l.

I think look out for the civic like flyingspur suggested. You should get a great condition 08 Civic.
Old 13th August 2010, 07:35   #28
BHPian

<p>hi pug4u. I've been looking in the used car market(delhi) and you'll be glad to know that there are plenty of civics available within your budget that are low mileage as well. </p>
<p>do check autoterrace honda,you might like the idea of a one year warranty. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I would also include the cedia. A great reliable car and with your budget,you can easily get one. </p>
<p>happy searching.</p>

Last edited by sukrit7 : 13th August 2010 at 07:36.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:36   #29

Thanks Everyone, following is what I have decided to do as per my preference & your all suggestions

First Choice: Civic AT ('07 or '08 model)
Second choice: Accord V6 (07' model) will try and look for a clean one & might stretch
the budget by 1 lac if required
Third Choice: Will see for Cedia, CRV

In New car segment:

Awaiting the Vento's review (GTO's & Initial ownership)
Last but not the least if nothing materializes from used (in next 1 month) then either would opt for (Vento AT or Fiesta S or Verna)
-----------------------------------------------

Guys Will share the details of cars I come cross in the coming days, and would seek your advice
Old 13th August 2010, 18:20   #30
BHPian

Civic - Key check points

Thanks team for the extensive inputs.

i am also in a similar situation contemplating a Civic or a Cedia used, can someone also please share some key problem areas or areas that might need more attention while looking for a used car.

Your thoughts and inputs are much appreciated.

Thanks

Motoringlover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks