Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 00:38   #1876
BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmads View Post
Thank You... I took delivery on 22nd. I got a reverse parking sensor free. The CPCOO amount quoted by them was less by mistake; so they had to give me the discounted rate itself. You can negotiate for IND number plates, boot mat etc to be included (I did'nt get these). Try taking insurance directly - that will be a lot cheaper than the dealer's option I understand.

If you are going for the LT model there is nothing much you would have to add-on..

Wish you good luck.

Regards,
Thanks mate!

Booked mine on Saturday from Kropex. Excellent service. Same price, same goodies.

Did some research yesterday on the insurance. Friends, I ended up getting a quote on the same ex-showroom price which was a neat 13 K lesser than the dealer quote. I guess the dealers dont pass on any discount and most of the new car buyers end up paying what the dealer prints on his cost sheet. Next time you buy a new car, do a market survey before purchasing the insurance. The saved money might be worth an upgraded ICE

Will take delivery next week. Shall definitely post an ownership review once I get my beauty.

As per the format followed in this thread the booking details are:

Make : Chevrolet
Model : Optra Magnum
Variant : LT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 25/02/12
Color : Sanddrift grey
Expected Delivery Date : 05/03/12
Dealer & City : Kropex Chevrolet, Bangalore
Freebies : Sun Film, Teflon coating
Others : None. Except the offer to consider the NCB of my previous insurance. This was a nice gesture from the dealer.
OTR : 10.76 lakhs.

Last edited by ganeshram : 27th February 2012 at 00:41. Reason: Typos
Old 29th February 2012, 01:17   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshram View Post
Thanks mate!

Booked mine on Saturday from Kropex. Excellent service. Same price, same goodies.
Sorry to contradict myself! Had an extremely nasty experience and ended up cancelling my booking. The guys in Kropex were eager to increase their booking nos for this month. So pushed me to the max possible extent to pay the down payment. They even told me that SBI approved my loan in a day without even doing any verification. Am pissed off. This is my fourth car purchase. And unfortunately for them I know how car loan process works, especially in state banks.

Guys, an eye opener for me! New buyers beware! The dealers think they can take you for a ride buy giving some stupid fundas!
Old 29th February 2012, 09:13   #1878
BHPian

It's sad to see, dealers resort to such extent just to meet there monthly numbers and deadlines. Ultimately the customer service and loyalty is taking a beat. So what will be your next plan and which vehicle are you finalizing on.
Old 29th February 2012, 10:47   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian

Name:  ForumRunner_20120229_103458.png
Views: 2550
Size:  362.7 KB

Coming soon.Have done a PDI at showroom.Except for dust on outside,everything else is clean.Electricals are working fine.Just one query,the odo shows45kms in normal mode and 45.9kms in both tripmeters!Payment is delayed due to the godforsaken strike yesterday.I had booked on Feb 8th,car is Feb 2012 manufactured and despatched from Manesar on 22nd Feb although i was given a mid March delivery date.Details later.
Old 2nd March 2012, 23:16   #1880

Buying fluidic Verna

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Please avoid using abbreviations like ANHC and ANHV. Such abbreviations are not permitted on the forum. Thanks

After several months of research I decided to buy the All new fluidic verna. I am going to take the delivery of the vehicle tomorrow (4th March). I am buying the VTVT SX(0) option - Phantom Black colour.

I owned an SX4 ZXI petrol for 4 years now which I sold off yesterday. Equally a very good car and I loved it when I looked at it 4 years back and still do love it, though it started to become a bit dated. I have had not a single problem with that car in all the 4 years and has always been very loyal to me.

In late 2011, when I saw the XUV500 in the showroom it tempted me to go for a change from SX4. I visited the showroom a few times and really wanted to go for the XUV. Very soon realised that the booking was closed within the first 7 days and hence started to look around for other cars in the market.

When I looked at Hyundai (fluidic) Verna the first time in a show room on a sleepy sunday I just entered the back seat first and felt that the rear window was too high, it simply put me off. The SX4 I had gave me a feel of sitting in sofa! I dropped the idea of Hyundai (fluidic) Verna simply based on the rear passenger view from within the car.

After few reviews online, I realised that Hyundai (fluidic) Verna afterall was not a bad car. So went again to the showroom after a few weeks and started to realise how good a car this was. It looked posh atleast when compared to SX4.

I wanted to try XUV again. The bookings had reopened around 25th Jan and decided to take a test drive of XUV. The test drive ended up quite disappointing as the clutch was too heavy and after a drive of 3-4 KMs in heavy traffic, my left leg started shivering. The Sales person said that the Test drive vehicle had a clutch problem - However it certainly put me off particularly having not driven a diesel before. Verna was in my mind, looking at the ease and comfort in which I could drive. Having looked at the Verna, the XUV interiors looked very plasticky. I have to however say that the 2nd row had massive leg room in the XUV.

Went back and took a couple of test drives on the Hyundai (fluidic) Verna and once for almost 35 KMs in a test drive and fell in love with this car. Since my daily commute is only 12 KMs it made sense to go for the petrol option, and the diesel option wasnt even considered given the 6 months lead time.

I look forward to taking the delivery of Hyundai (fluidic) Verna tomorrow. Will keep you posted with photos.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2012 at 13:25. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:47   #1881
BHPian

Make : Ford
Model :
Figo 1.4 DuraTorq
Variant :
Titanium
Fuel :
Diesel
Booking Date : 03/03/12
Color :
Panther Black
Expected Delivery Date :
12/3/12
Dealer & City :
Talera Ford, Pune
Freebies :
Corporate Discount 3500 ,Sun Film, Waxoyl Underbody Treatment, Waxoyl Paint Protection, Mud Flaps , Floor Mats
OTR :
Old 4th March 2012, 20:55   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Make : Ford
Model : Figo 1.4 TDCi
Variant : EXI
Booking Date : 29/02/2012 (booking anniversary once in 4 year )
Color : Diamond White
Expected Delivery : 10-15 days
Dealer & City : Cauvery Ford, Mangalore
Freebies : Corporate offer 3rd year / 1,20,000 warranty,Sun Film, Mud Flaps , Floor Mats
OTR : 6.10L
Old 10th March 2012, 21:14   #1883
BHPian

Make: Fiat
Model: Punto 90 HP 2012
Variant: Emotion
Booking Date: Last week of Feb.
Registration date: 2nd march 2012
Fuel: Diesel
Expected date of delivery: 3rd March 2012.
Dealer: Concorde motors, Bangalore. Dairy Cirlce.
Freebies: Corporate offer, Mud flaps, Floor mats,
ORP:8.20L
No perfume and God's Idol.
divx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 06:02   #1884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
5 months after booking the car - NO - I didnt take delivery. This post is not for that! Cancelled it instead, and joined the dark side of the force. Maruti, you've lost a loyal customer!

And what happened next?

Make : FIAT
Model : Grande Punto
Variant : 90 HP Emotion Pack

Color : Bossa Nova White.
Expected Delivery Date : 15 days.
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Guindy, Chennai.
Freebies : Free Insurance, Corporate discount, Mudflap, Floormat, Sillguard (?), Car Cover - All OE assured. I wanted to put sunfilm etc on my own.

Finally... :-)
The transformation is complete! The dark side of the force has a new Sith lord.

Freebies: Changed to free Insurance, Corporate discount, Mudflap (OE), Floormat (OE) & Sun Film (A small goof-up at the dealership, but that could be forgiven in an otherwise fantastic dealership experience).

Delivery Date: Promised in 15 days, delivered in 20 days. Very satisfied with that too. (Remember, I had cancelled a 5 month old booking for the Swift!)

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20120310_173037_800.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by divx View Post
Expected date of delivery: 3rd March 2012.
Already taken delivery while writing that post? Congrats!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 08:50   #1885
BHPian

Well i was in the market for some time looking at used cars and new cars. Finally after test driving most of the cars out there i have booked a Vista Quadrajet
Make : TATA
Model : Vista Quadrajet
Variant : LS
Booking Date : 08/03/12
Color : Porcelain White
Expected Delivery Date : 13/03/12
Dealer & City : Prerna Motors, Bangalore
Freebies : Sun Film, Mud Flaps, Door Mats,Boot Mat, Perfume & Idol
Others : 10k, discount on the ex showroom price.Also i am getting my NCB transferred from my previous car with Bajaj Allianz to the new once and getting a 35% No claim Bonus.
OTR : 5.83 lakhs.
Old 12th March 2012, 14:19   #1886
BHPian

was on the look out for a hatchback,but it is always that you make a decision & a newer variant is launched.called the hyundai dealership & got to know i20 fluidic is launching by the 15th of april,made the payment for booking amount.just hope the car is much better to the current shape
Old 12th March 2012, 18:55   #1887
BHPian

Booked Nano Lx 2012 for my wife.
Make: Tata
Model: Nano Lx 2012
Color: Silver
Booking Date: 10/03/2012.
Fuel: Petrol
Expected date of delivery: 16th March 2012.
Dealer: KHT motors, Bangalore. WhiteField.
Freebies: Mud flaps, Floor mats,perfume and God's Idol.
ORP:2.48L
Amount I paid - 2.48L-28.5k
(Cash Discount(10K) + Exchange bonus for my bike (10k)+ Bike value(8.5k))
Old 12th March 2012, 20:38   #1888
BHPian

Booked Hyundai i10.
Make: Hyundai
Model: Magna 1.2
Color: Crystal White
Booking Date: 10/03/2012.
Fuel: Petrol
Expected date of delivery: 16th March 2012.
Dealer: Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum.
Freebies: Mud flaps, Floor mats, Rev Parking sensors, Sun Film.
ORP:4.72L
Amount I paid - 4.41L ( Insurance(12K), Cash Discount(14K), Corp Discount(5K) )
Old 12th March 2012, 21:00   #1889
BHPian

Booked a Rallye Red Honda Jazz X MT in Bangalore. Was getting waiting period estimates of about 8-10 months from all except Magnum Honda! Let's see if they deliver in the 6 months promised!

Now, a long wait starts to get ready for the delivery, and go over the kind of accessories to get, and what treatments to get, and what not to get! Let's hope I don't lose patience and get something else before this!!
Old 15th March 2012, 17:19   #1890
BHPian

Booked a White Elephant
Make: Tata
Model: Safari EX 2.2 VVTi Dicor
Color: White
Booking Date: 12.03.2012
Fuel: Diesel
Expected date of delivery: 24th March 2012.
Dealer: Concorde Motors, Koramangala
Freebies: Mud flaps, Floor mats,perfume and God's Idol,Sun Film,Reverse Parking Sensor.
ORP:1175363
Laon Amt: 100 % on X showroom price from Axis Bank Ltd @ 11.3% fixed for 5 yrs.
Amount I paid - 177480
(Cash Discount(20K) +Corporate Disc (5k))

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks