Make : Fiat Grande Punto
Model : MJD Emotion
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : Thursday, 1st October 2009
Color : Red
Expected Delivery Date : 15th October 2009
Dealer & City : Urs Cars, Mysore
Freebies : Floor mats, dicky mat, Mud flaps, Perfume, Rs 10,000 Corp Discount
Others : 2 + 2 years unlimited mileage warranty .
Old 13th October 2009, 13:34   #182
MCR
BHPian

Congrats wind_rider,
GP MJD is a very good car.

Oh boy, the Punto numbers are on the way up

Last edited by MCR : 13th October 2009 at 13:35.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:11   #183
BHPian

4wd mhawk scorp - finally

Booked white 4wd mhawk VLX scorp today with AML motors in Hyderabad.
Expected delivery in 6 weeks time. .

Wanted Rocky Beige - not available - next choice Black but my kid insisted on white - so thats what it is. I am concerned that it is going to look like Politician's car if the tints are dark....

The sales guy could not confirm with 100% certainity what interiors will I get - asked for Beige + Bridgestone tyres. Queries on since it is being made to order, "can I please get a sun roof" were met with incredulous looks and eventual negative reply from Mahindra. They had been insisting on 2wd for about a month or so - while I kept saying 4wd - so I guess they werent going to oblige much. But they did promise me Insurance reduction and a few other feebies in due course. To their credit, they kept following up with me ever since Mhawk 4wd got launched while I was test driving Toyota.

Needed a 4WD as I dont get the concept of a SUV without 4wd, so tried Safari, Scorp (2.6 CRDE), Innova and the Fortuner.

Safari - less said the better. while a lot of people do talk about its better ride quality, I felt Mhawk scorp to be much well behaved and a beast when it comes to lower gears. Bad press on this forum didnt build any confidence on the safari. Wife got upset with Safari's noise, boaty ride and she felt much in control driving the scorp.

Too many Innovas in Hyderabad - so didnt want to mix in with the same US-returned IT guy jap favouring family touring reliable-but-boring bandwagon.

Fortuner - credible option - but didnt want to spend more than double of what I would have spend abroad on it. and not exactly luxurios for that money. and does it look like 4runner or what?

So the wait starts, and have to start going over Red Liners thread on accessories, films, tyre replacements, leather upholstry, Hella, Bull bar .... but most importantly get some searches going to find out how to check 4WD system works without taking it offroad during PDI checks.

Havent seen many mhawk 4wd so far - SS Traveller did book one - I assume he would have got delivery and no nasty surprises....fingers crossed.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:41   #184
BHPian

Chevrolet Cruze

Make : Chevrolet Cruze
Model : LTZ
Booking Date : 12th October '09
Color : Olympic White
Expected Delivery Date : 22nd October 2009
Dealer & City : Jitendra Wheels, Nasik
Freebies : NIL
Others : Will add a few after market things later on.

The wait begins...
Old 14th October 2009, 23:43   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I booked my Ford Fiesta yesterday

Model : Petrol 1.6 SXI
Dealer : Lathangi Ford
Colour: Sea Grey
Expected delivery date: 27th Oct
Cost: 7.54 L OTR (I got a special supplier pricing as my wife works for an OEM of Ford)
Freebies : None (free insurance offer not valid on supplier pricing)
Hi,
when you are getting the 1.4 duratorq desel Fiesta (limited edition) for the same price of 7.55lakhs, was there any special reason to go for 1.6 petrol.. (just a curious question as i have booked limited edition)
Old 15th October 2009, 00:09   #186
BHPian

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack - Bosa Nova White

It was a tough decision in the end. I wanted a Punto MJD, almost booked Linea MJD changed to Linea Petrol Flamnico Red changed to Linea Petrol White. Finally, my car has arrived yesterday in the stockyard of dealer. I did a quick checkup today to give go ahead (basically wanted to check it is a new model, and does not have initial niggles as reported by fellow Lineans.) Things looks good on inspection. Planing to pay the remaining amount yesterday.

Pretty happy with Malik Cars so far and thanks to T-BHP for that.

I planned to write a detailed TD and buying experience but not able to find time. Very sorry for that but thanks to many friends here at T-BHP. It is because of you guys I am happy that good or bad but I am making an informed decision (special thanks to NeoTraveller).
---------------------------------------------------
Make : Fiat Linea
Model : 1.4 Petrol Emotion Pack
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : Thursday, 1st October 2009
Color : Bosa Nova White (This was the most difficult decision)
Expected Delivery Date : 18th October 2009
Dealer & City : Malik Cars, Hyderabad
Freebies : Floor mats, Mud flaps, Body Cover,
Others : Cash Discount -INR 34000(Corp+loyalty+dealer)
------------------------------------------------------
I was planning to take insurance from Bajaj Allianz (outside delear) but after reading smilenow's experience, I am having second thoughts on that. Experience and advice from other friends will be a great help. I have only two days (15th and 16th) to decide.

It's also time for taking advices on accessories from gurus here. Here is my plan:

1. First thing I want is to change the stock GT3s. Reading other threads I have Primary LC in my mind but not sure if thats the best one.
2. Sunflim (moderate price and decent quality)
3. Art Leather seat covers
4. Child seat

Last edited by kanwal : 15th October 2009 at 00:10.
Old 15th October 2009, 09:16   #187
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
I was planning to take insurance from Bajaj Allianz (outside delear) but after reading smilenow's experience, I am having second thoughts on that. Experience and advice from other friends will be a great help. I have only two days (15th and 16th) to decide.
Congratulations, kanwal, on your acquisition of Fiat Linea. My advice is you do the insurance yourself and save minimum Rs 5 k. In case of no claim bonus, your saving will be more. In my case, I enjoy 50% no claim bonus from my previous vehicle. The insurance from United India cost me Rs 8164 only for my Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack FTA delivered on 8 Oct 2008. In fact, with or without no claim bonus, the insurance policy could be got in a few hours time. You can also get it done online. All you have to do is take an invoice from your dealer which gives the details of the owner, vehicle's chassis/engine number and submit it to your insurer. The policy will be issued within a few minutes time. The insurance policy could be emailed/faxed to your dealer by your insurer.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 15th October 2009 at 09:19.

Old 15th October 2009, 09:50   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nag20in View Post
Hi,
when you are getting the 1.4 duratorq desel Fiesta (limited edition) for the same price of 7.55lakhs, was there any special reason to go for 1.6 petrol.. (just a curious question as i have booked limited edition)
A couple of reasons
- I was very particular about airbags
- Diesel doesn't make much sense for me as my running is around 500 km a month max
Old 15th October 2009, 10:34   #189
BHPian

Booked ...mHawk 4x4

Hi all,

Last 3 weeks i have been searching the forum's and was asking myself why should i and why should i not , when it came choosing for a SUV, and the war was boiled down to Bolero Storm , 2.2 VTT Dicor & mHawk 2.2 ..

The only thing which was restraining me from taking the mHawk was the absence of 4x4 , well after last week's announcement from Mahindra that they have released the 4x4 , i jumped up , ran to India Garage and asked for it.. as usual "NO" was the Answer from the Sales Guy !! and was trying to sell a 4x2 down my throat , i walked out and called Sireesh Auto , well the sales Guy was better informed , he said it was available and will cost 11.8 on Road.

So thats it was decided. Next day i was on the way to Sireesh , and then out of the blue the India Garage guy calls again and tells me 4x4 is available hmmmm, i was always in Favour of India Garage as , the Service Centre was near my Home , turned around and headed India Garage, after a little bargain and discounts the total damage looked at 11.7 . the sales guy told me it was a 45 day wait.

So to cut the story short , Last week i went ahead and Booked the 2.2 mHawk 4x4 . Now , the waiting Game Begins .

Thanks all for the inputs and helping me choose !!

Regds
Raghu.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2009 at 10:40. Reason: Use search before opening a new thread, there is a dedicated thread for the same. Thanks
Old 15th October 2009, 22:29   #190

Booked Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura

I own Indica V2 Lxi March 2002 model, which I purchased from Han Motors, Andheri, Mumbai. As the expenses on my Indica were going up day-by-day (bcoz of poor mileage, high maintenance cost), I started looking for well-built car, Which has more Resale Value & Which can easily be driven at 120+ on Highways. On the basis of feedback of car owners on various forums, I short-listed WagonR Vxi & Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura. I understand that there is vast technical difference between these two cars. But still I was confused amongst two.

I took test drive of WagonR & found very poorly built car, not like my Indica V2. Then I took Test Drive of Vista at Wasan Motors Borivali, Fortune Cars, Powai. Car's pick up was excellent. It's a fully loaded car. I did not liked its horn & AC was not upto the mark. Fortune Motors, Powai offered me Mats, Mud Flaps, Sunfilming as Freebies. On the very next day, I approached Wasan Motors, Borivali (East). The Sales executive gave me two options: (a) Mud Flaps, Mats, Sun Film, Anti-rust & Teflon (b) Mud Flaps, Mats, Sun Film and Autocop TKE 4180 for Rs.1000/-. I Wasan Motors, Chembur was closer to my place, I decided to approach the same. They decided to give me Autocop free alongwith Mud Flaps, Mats, Garware Sun Film. So I agreed for this offer and Today I booked my Indica Vista Quadrajet Aura of Marine Silver Colour. As they do not have this colour in Stockyard, Bhiwandi/ Kalyan, my car will arrive from Pune on 22nd October & will be delievered to me by 26th October.

Here are my details:

Make : Indica Vista
Model : Quadrajet Aura
Booking Date : Thursday,15th October 2009
Color : Marine Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 26th October 2009
Dealer & City : Wasan Motors, Chembur, Mumbai
Freebies : Floor mats, Mud flaps, Garware Sun Film, Autocop TKE 4180
Others : Free Insurance worth Rs.18,121/-
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 16th October 2009, 14:50   #191
BHPian

Hey kanwal,

Congrats on your new Linea. The cash discount that you got from the dealer looks a good bargain. Can you please provide a break up of it, I meant how much as Corporate discount and how much the other way.
Old 16th October 2009, 15:37   #192
BHPian

Finally without even waiting for a TD, I went ahead and booked the Cruze. I guess the amazing looks, features and tsk's in-depth review did the trick.

The Cruze won over my other choices - Laura, Jetta or Civic

Make : Chevy Cruze
Model : LTZ
Booking Date : 16th Oct, 2009
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 24th October 2009
Dealer & City : Deedi Motors, TVM
Freebies, Discount: Need I even ask....

Now, I cant wait to get hold of her........
Old 16th October 2009, 18:17   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations, kanwal, on your acquisition of Fiat Linea. My advice is you do the insurance yourself and save minimum Rs 5 k. In case of no claim bonus, your saving will be more. In my case, I enjoy 50% no claim bonus from my previous vehicle. The insurance from United India cost me Rs 8164 only for my Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack FTA delivered on 8 Oct 2008. In fact, with or without no claim bonus, the insurance policy could be got in a few hours time. You can also get it done online. All you have to do is take an invoice from your dealer which gives the details of the owner, vehicle's chassis/engine number and submit it to your insurer. The policy will be issued within a few minutes time. The insurance policy could be emailed/faxed to your dealer by your insurer.
Thanks J.Ravi!! I agree to you point. The difference was enough to take the risk and today i went ahead and took the insurance from reliance general insurance. earlier i wanted to go for Bajaj Allianz but after smilenow's episode i decided against them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX007 View Post
Hey kanwal,

Congrats on your new Linea. The cash discount that you got from the dealer looks a good bargain. Can you please provide a break up of it, I meant how much as Corporate discount and how much the other way.
Thank you so much GTX007! I don't have the exact breakdown but yes I negotiated hard with them. When I have not mentioned about my earlier car (Palio) I was offered around 23-24K discount and after I told him about the loyalty bonus, the sales manager referred some sheet and showed that I am eligible for 26K discount on account of corp (cat B) + Loyalty. Then we discussed it further to take it up to 35K. However, when I told him that I will be getting insurance from outside, he has reduced 1K from discount (not sure abt the logic). So thats all I can tell you. Hope it helps!

Last edited by kanwal : 16th October 2009 at 18:24.
Old 16th October 2009, 19:15   #194
BHPian

Thanks Kanwal, we await your review and some superb snaps of your beauty!!
Old 16th October 2009, 20:24   #195
BANNED

Booked - Manza aura ABS petrol

Folks,

After awaiting for indigo vista for almost an year when had short listed it besides Indigo CS; today booked my red monarch.

No TD. Just relied on the enthusiastic discussions here. Yeah, flames expected from one and all, but what can I do, still learning how to drive

Was thinking of base model, but thanks to Zappo, upgraded to Aura ABS for security reasons.

Final Price - 5.93 OTR + 1 k stamp duty + 3k loan processing (@10 % from Axis). No discounts (even corporate ones even after 2 hrs of negotiation. Got few freebies - teflon coating, mat and steering cover).
Sales guy did not agree to give seats cover/car cover for free since they haven't arrived yet for Manza.
Have been promised delivery in 3 weeks - sales huy has promised to get back with exact details.

Have paid 50K in cheque for booking purposes while I arrange proof papers for loan once back in office on Monday. Sales guy as well Axis rep are willing to drop to my office to collect proofs.

Background -
My choice had been simple - big gadi within 5L to carry family of 5 people from point A to point B comfortably and little maintenance cost.
Once short listed, had a barage of questions from friends & family on Tata & quality. That's when began the research for any user reviews. Hit gold in no time when I saw so many frank discussions on team-bhp. Took few weeks to conclude that the risk reward was in my favour after discounting A.S.S and poor quality in small things. Then came the threads and scoops of how the new indigo would be a leap from existing standards.
BTW, the launch date happened to be on my birthday

Am planning to take one of my car enthusiast colleague while picking up the car.

ANY inputs (including flames) are eagerly awaited.

Cheers,
Vijay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks