Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-134.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2833832)
Congratulations to all! clap:

Could you please post the OTR price of your prized possessions?

Cheers,
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

My Punto MJD Dynamic costs 6.95L OTR

Quote:

Originally Posted by psudhindra (Post 2820882)
hey Folks - this post has been way long overdue ! been an observer on this brilliant Forum for ages .....have helped a lot more of friends, family , collegues , based on information from this forum.

Great work guys and the community which keeps it ticking.

Its been a while we have been cosidering to buy a new auto, and finally decided on the XUV 500 - W8. this one meets all our needs for in city driving and the frequent outings the family has.

the date to watch out was 8th june, when the bookings opened , and the wife (shall we call the BOSS), was at the showroom to book the beast!

The RM was a pleasant guy, a chap named Sameer , who walked through the process, mentioned the points at which the messages will be sent.

So as of now, we are waiting for an aniticipated date of delivery. have followed up with the india garage guys and i am told, they are in the equal state of helpless ness as I. :Frustrati

Wanted to check with the larger group here, in terms of experiences earlier - is this normal? ( the last time i bought a car, about 7 years back - paid cash and drove home clap:)

I just dont want to be put on the last of the list - is there a way to get on the top of the list , the right way.

Folks - a quick update; Got a call from the RM stating i could have the car sooner than the promised date. Went and met them in person and if i could committ the finance, they promised the car with in a week.

as advised on this forum, i pushed them for a committment, either a VIN number or car's serial number etc. Syed , the team lead in India garage made a few calls and finally got the car alloted to me. this is a june 2012 manufactured vehicle.

what followed later was a long pursuit of the Bankers (more of that later), but finally i got a call earlier today that the decks have been cleared and the registration of XUV should be done tommorow and delivery on Wednesday.

Cant wait for Wednesday now - will update with the delivery experience and the pics and initial review later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitpunjani (Post 2833969)
Hi People,

I am about to book Sx4 celebration model, but the only apprehension i have its color is 2 tone (white and blue). The concern is in case there are any touch ups in the long run, will the Maruti Dealer will be able to match the color?

Will sincerly appreciate your kind inputs.

BR
Amit

I request members to provide their inputs, as max by tomorrow i have to pay the booking amount either for Celebration model (2 Tone color) or White Vdi

Quote:

Originally Posted by psudhindra

Folks - a quick update; Got a call from the RM stating i could have the car sooner than the promised date. Went and met them in person and if i could committ the finance, they promised the car with in a week.

as advised on this forum, i pushed them for a committment, either a VIN number or car's serial number etc. Syed , the team lead in India garage made a few calls and finally got the car alloted to me. this is a june 2012 manufactured vehicle.

what followed later was a long pursuit of the Bankers (more of that later), but finally i got a call earlier today that the decks have been cleared and the registration of XUV should be done tommorow and delivery on Wednesday.

Cant wait for Wednesday now - will update with the delivery experience and the pics and initial review later.

Thats Great news. Congrats. Understand you booked on 8th June and delivery is round the corner. I booked mine on 11th june and still no updates from company or dealer (sterling gurgaon). I wish for a similar call now.

Anyways just tell me were you calling them up regularly and if that helped? Or they are fair in delivery process without followups also?

Congrats once again ,infact the battle half won.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitpunjani

I request members to provide their inputs, as max by tomorrow i have to pay the booking amount either for Celebration model (2 Tone color) or White Vdi

You would in my opinion should stay away from these limited additions. This twin color thing may excite now but a couple of years down the line, you may start thinking otherwise. Try and get a cash discount and buy whats coming inside in celebration offer.

Maruti as it is not very negative about warranty even if you put the accessories from outside.

All the best and go with your heart. Ur mind has already done a good job by choosing VDI (diesel you know).

Quote:

Originally Posted by liferocks (Post 2834935)
You would in my opinion should stay away from these limited additions. This twin color thing may excite now but a couple of years down the line, you may start thinking otherwise. Try and get a cash discount and buy whats coming inside in celebration offer.

Maruti as it is not very negative about warranty even if you put the accessories from outside.

All the best and go with your heart. Ur mind has already done a good job by choosing VDI (diesel you know).

Many thanks buddy for your wise advice, seriously i am just delaying the booking. Mind says VDI (white) but heart say Celebration model ( White 2 Tone color)

Quote:

Originally Posted by liferocks (Post 2834929)
Thats Great news. Congrats. Understand you booked on 8th June and delivery is round the corner. I booked mine on 11th june and still no updates from company or dealer (sterling gurgaon). I wish for a similar call now.

Anyways just tell me were you calling them up regularly and if that helped? Or they are fair in delivery process without followups also?

Congrats once again ,infact the battle half won.

thanks :),indeed half battle won. i am getting prepared for the delivery tommorow. :thumbs up

you should recieve a letter from them - try following up with them and if possible, in person - they are asking all the customers to arrange for finances - infact i saw a few letter to customers being sent out , claiming the booking will be cancelled if they dont respond with 7 days.

I cant comment about Gurgaon, but this has been my experience in Bangalore !

hope others who have booked a XUV get the cars allotted soon.

Just back from the PDI of my blue fiesta style diesel.. 9.35 L Ex-showroom with corporate pricing.
Wasan Motors Chembur did a super job procuring my car.. considering that I gave them the nod on sometime last week July10-ish. And the car was brought to their yard on July-19.

Will probably get delivery by next weekend. Can't wait clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gishu
Just back from the PDI of my blue fiesta style diesel.. 9.35 L Ex-showroom
Will probably get delivery by next weekend. Can't wait clap:

Congratulations ! It looks gorgeous in blue. My next car would be this or a diesel City.

Hello, I have made the following booking today

Make : Honda
Model : Jazz
Variant : Standard
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : July 22nd 2012
Color : Rallye Red
Expected Delivery Date : September 10th 2012
Dealer & City : Apex Honda, Sion (Mumbai)
Freebies : Anti-rust (underbody), Teflon body coat, transparent floor mats (included mud flaps)
Others : No discounts whatsoever.

Make : FORD
Model : CLASSIC
Variant : TITANIUM
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 21-0702012
Color : Chill Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 01-08-2012
Dealer & City : Cauvery Ford, Bangalore
Freebies : All basic accessories
Others : Corporate Discount, Exchange Bonus

The company fitted tyres are 175/65 R14. What would be the right upgrade as I am unhappy with the width of the tyre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra
The company fitted tyres are 175/65 R14. What would be the right upgrade as I am unhappy with the width of the tyre.

Congrats!
Upgrading tyres would void your suspension warranty. I wanted Yoko A drives 185/60/14 on my Figo, but S.A Mr.Syed in Cauvery Ford advised me not to go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra (Post 2848332)

Can you specify the reason fro your unhappiness with the tyre size? IMO you should keep the same tyre size and instead go for the Michelins over the OEM (MRF I guess).

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOctane (Post 2848423)
Congrats!
Upgrading tyres would void your suspension warranty. I wanted Yoko A drives 185/60/14 on my Figo, but S.A Mr.Syed in Cauvery Ford advised me not to go for it.

Generally thats the case with Ford, they dont honor the tyre upgrades too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighOctane (Post 2848423)
Congrats!

Yes, I have also got the same suggestion against my tyre upgrade. Can you please tell me how comfortable are you with the stock tires on highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2848557)
Can you specify the reason fro your unhappiness with the tyre size? IMO you should keep the same tyre size and instead go for the Michelins over the OEM (MRF I guess).

Thanks for the suggestion ghodlur. As my usage will be mostly on highways with rough patches, I thought broader rubber will give me better stability and confidence. Could you please let me know the advantages of Michelins over MRFs. I can only think the road noise will be lesser.

Make : FORD
Model : FIGO
Variant : TITANIUM
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 16 July 2012
Colour : White
Delivery Date : 22 July 2012
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon
Freebies : Essential Kit, Art Leather Seat Covers, Gear Lock, Reverse Parking Sensors, Extended Warranty.
Others : Ford TMP (Total Maintenance Plan – 2 Yrs/30000 KMs), Set of 2 Pillows, Additional Set of Transparent Floor Mats.