Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-140.html)

Karthik, would it be possible for you to share the contact details of the concerned sales guy? I'm also in similar situation (working for startup). SA is telling me that there is nothing called 20k loyalty bonus and he literally challenged me to find someone who was given 8.38 lacs quote.

Please help me out buddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 2877019)
When I enquired at Prerana motors for a Punto 90HP Sports, they were giving insurance free too, apart from these freebies. I believe even Concorde must be giving that. You could visit Prerana and confirm whether they are still giving that offer. It will knock off 26k from your final price. A small correction - if we pay 3.9k you will get RSA and extended warranty free (worth 9k). Insurance is anyway free now.

Here are the details of a quote I got from Prerana 2 weeks ago for Punto 90HP Sports :

OTR price in Bangalore for Punto Sports : 9L
Insurance free : -27,000
RSA + Extended warranty free : -9000
Corporate discount : -12,000
Loyalty bonus in lieu of exchange bonus (since I don't have any exchange car), for buying a Fiat again !! : -20,000
Final deal : 8.34L + 3k for free RSA/EW = 8.38L
Corporate bonus is usually offered in 3 slabs - 4k, 8k and 12k, depending on how many employees from your organization buy Fiat cars. Obviously for large sized companies like TCS / Infy, etc, the customers will get 12k. If your org is not in their list, you will be eligible for a minimum offer of 4k in any case. You should bargain and try to get the offer up to 8k at least :D. Argue all day long, if need be.

How you can get a better deal - visit the other dealer in town, get a quote from there. Then argue with concorde that he better match the other quote or you will shift base. I know, it sounds a little childish to do this, but in the end you can save more money which can be used for additional accessories, etc.

P.S - ask them to waive off logistics charges. They have no right to charge us this. What are registration charges? Another scam here

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabhatmilan (Post 2881783)
Karthik, would it be possible for you to share the contact details of the concerned sales guy? I'm also in similar situation (working for startup). SA is telling me that there is nothing called 20k loyalty bonus and he literally challenged me to find someone who was given 8.38 lacs quote.

Please help me out buddy.

I'll PM you his phone number when I reach home. I have his visiting card at home, but I am currently at office :).

Anyway, to clarify what I said again, Fiat does NOT have any Loyalty bonus on paper. They have an Exchange Bonus of 20,000 bucks if you are exchanging your old car with them. I do not have any car to exchange, but I have bought my T-Jet from them last year, so I am haggling them to give me a 'Loyalty bonus' instead of 'exchange bonus' for sticking on to Fiat brand for a second time :uncontrol. This conversion from 'Exchange bonus' to 'Loyalty bonus' is still under negotiation, but I believe they will oblige. If you are exchanging your old car, you should easily be able to snap up the ~8.4L deal.

Which dealer are you going through? Prerana was giving free insurance, and exchange bonus, and that RSA + Extended warranty on the Punto Sport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 2881864)
I'll PM you his phone number when I reach home. I have his visiting card at home, but I am currently at office :).

Anyway, to clarify what I said again, Fiat does NOT have any Loyalty bonus on paper. They have an Exchange Bonus of 20,000 bucks if you are exchanging your old car with them. I do not have any car to exchange, but I have bought my T-Jet from them last year, so I am haggling them to give me a 'Loyalty bonus' instead of 'exchange bonus' for sticking on to Fiat brand for a second time :uncontrol. This conversion from 'Exchange bonus' to 'Loyalty bonus' is still under negotiation, but I believe they will oblige. If you are exchanging your old car, you should easily be able to snap up the ~8.4L deal.

Which dealer are you going through? Prerana was giving free insurance, and exchange bonus, and that RSA + Extended warranty on the Punto Sport.

I'm dealing with Prerana motors lalbagh showroom. Sales guy's name is Suhas.

He has offered me exchange bonus of 15k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avi550m (Post 2875121)
Have booked my first car Arctic White A-Star AT Vxi yesterday. It is expected to be delivered by next thursday. Booked from Leo Motors, Bangalore.

Congratulations!

Could you please share the OTR price along with the offers, if you got any?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2882035)
Congratulations!

Could you please share the OTR price along with the offers, if you got any?

The On-Road Price in Bangalore came to around

₹ 5,70,000 approx.
Less: Offer for Aug 2012: ₹ 30,000
Less: Corporate Discount: ₹ 5,000
Net Total ₹ 5,35,000

As freebies, we managed to get Remote Locking, Underbody Coating, 2-Speakers for the Rear (The car comes with 2 Front Speakers only by default), Car Cover, and Steering Cover.

Make : Hyundai
Model : i10-AT
Variant : Sport
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 29 August 2012
Color : Carbon grey
Expected Delivery Date : 4th September
Dealer & City : popular Hyundai, Trivandrum
Freebies : 12,000 cash discount+free insurance+10000 worth accessories including reverse sensor, central locking, seat cover, car cover, floor mats. Pushing for under body coating :D.
OTR Cost : 5.45 Lacs (registration a rip off at 42K+handling of 7500. Doing registration on my own.
Got an option to pay by CC, resultant charges will be waived off/adjusted in the accessories bill.
Now I need to make sure I don't get a test drive vehicle :D

Booked the Mahindra XUV 500 W8 FWD

Booking Date : 29th August 2012
Color : Moon dust Silver
Expected Delivery Date : None
Dealer & City : G3 Motors , Nerul
Freebies : None
OTR Cost : 15.4 Lacs
My dealer informed me that once the booking is done then M&M allots a vehicle for that booking and they will be able to give me a clearer picture of the delivery date in a day or two. Does anyone know how M&M booking procedure works?
My dealer isnt very outright about it. I intend to take insurance from outside although they initially insisted for it through them. I just make a call to the helpline to confirm if its compulsory to take insurance through the dealer and I was told clearly there is no such rule. Now my dealer has agreed to me going for outside insurance. When I wanted them to update me about the delivery date they wanted to know the accessories I am keen on and if the insurance is through them. Now this has got me thinking. How does that impact my delivery date? Why cant we just have a proper booking number and a follow up procedure to keep tab. Shouldn't there be a simple tracking process like our couriers.
I don't think its too complex to achieve.

Make : Toyota
Model : ETIOS Liva
Variant : GD SP
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 4th September 2012
Color : Symphony Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 12th September 2012
Dealer & City : DSK Toyota, Pune
Freebies : 21,000 cash discount
Accessories : 39000 (Not taking the 13k acc pack, taking custom / options configuration of Toyota rubber matts, mud guards, Garware sunfilm (all of side, rear n front), JVC headunit (Radio Antenna charged), JBL rear oval speakers (rear mdf tray charged), Auto cop security system, Art leather from Autofin, FOG lamps etc)
OTR Cost : 7.68 Lacs
Loan Amount : 7 lacs (Toyota Motor Finance - I am the first customer in Pune, they launched just yesterday, got a deal @ 11.5 % interest for 5 years :))

Booked Chevy Spark for wife

Make : Chevrolet
Model : Spark
Variant : LT

Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 31st August 2012
Color : Sanddrift Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 7th September 2012
Dealer & City : Pashankar Auto, Pune
Freebies : Dealer discount + corporate discount + mats + mudflaps + remote locking
Accessories : Illuminated Door sill plates, Chevy branded seat covers- Both @ 50% discount
OTR Cost : 4.20 Lacs
Loan Amount : Too negligible, not worth mentioning. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-rare-one (Post 2893650)
Accessories : 39000 (Not taking the 13k acc pack, taking custom / options configuration of Toyota rubber matts, mud guards, Garware sunfilm (all of side, rear n front), JVC headunit (Radio Antenna charged), JBL rear oval speakers (rear mdf tray charged), Auto cop security system, Art leather from Autofin, FOG lamps etc)
Loan Amount : 7 lacs (Toyota Motor Finance - I am the first customer in Pune, they launched just yesterday, got a deal @ 11.5 % interest for 5 years :))

update: Have changed to WHITE color (comes with black and beige interiors now) and also some discount change as this is new model. Will update once the thing is final.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-rare-one (Post 2893650)

In the month of February, Liva GD SP has on-road cost of about 6.75L without ant accessory. Has the cost really increased that much?

Booked a Linea just now :). The following are the details:

Model: Fiat Linea 2012 MJD Emotion

Colour: Minimal Grey

Dealer: URS KAR, Mysore

OTR: 11,14,000/-

Freebies: Free Insurance, reverse sensors, standard fitment charges waived off and an additional discount of 5K

Expected date of delivery: 22nd September

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER (Post 2874325)
Hi Guru's,

Just need small decision on this as my wife is very reluctant to take the delivery of the vehicle, and due to unforeseen situation she is coming to meet me in Europe and we have to delay the Delivery of the vehicle.

what i am planning to do is: Already made the full payment, and the delivery was on next Friday being a good day for her, but she is travelling on Wednesday.

so we have already spoken with the Sales manager and for us the vehicle would not be allotted, until unless we confirm them, is there any risk on this process, we are planning to take a letter from the showroom on this or just take the VIN No and chasis no and then keep the vehicle in the stock yard and once i am back, after a month then take the delivery.

Mods if this is not the right place and feel out of TBHP rules kindly delete the post.

Just got an update from the dealer, without our approval the dealer has registered the vehicle and he is now giving us cock and bull stories for registration, the reason from our side to delay the registration was to get a fancy no for wife, and now he got a very stupid no 950...:Frustrati which i or my wife doesn't want.

so what best i can do i am sure i am not going to take the delivery of the vehicle before i get a proper answer.

can some one help on this?please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by octane_100 (Post 2901961)
Booked a Linea just now :). The following are the details:

Model: Fiat Linea 2012 MJD Emotion

Colour: Minimal Grey

Dealer: URS KAR, Mysore

OTR: 11,14,000/-

Freebies: Free Insurance, reverse sensors, standard fitment charges waived off and an additional discount of 5K

Expected date of delivery: 22nd September

Man, you sure got guts! Congrats on the new buy.

P.S: I own a 2012 Punto too :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER (Post 2902095)
Just got an update from the dealer, without our approval the dealer has registered the vehicle and he is now giving us cock and bull stories for registration, the reason from our side to delay the registration was to get a fancy no for wife, and now he got a very stupid no 950...:Frustrati which i or my wife doesn't want.

so what best i can do i am sure i am not going to take the delivery of the vehicle before i get a proper answer.

can some one help on this?please:

As per what i am aware once the full payment is made the dealer, they cannot hold a car..it has to get registered. There is a certain time frame within which they can hold registration. In my case i want delivery of my new car next month but i have to make payment this month itself as the billing of the car is done in this month. I am registering it and keeping it at the dealership till i want to take delivery of it.

The safest thing that you could have done was to ask for your no and similtanously talk to the dealership to hold the delivery till the required date. The other thing you could have done was hold payment and just pay a booking amount and make payments once you were back. This would have had a car alloted freshly to you on your return. In the current situation you have two choices. Take the vehicle as it is or then reregister the vehicle to a no of your choice. If you have been charged for the current no, inform the dealership that since it was not of your choice you wont be paying for it.