Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-147.html)

I need some advice.

Having booked the red Polo 1.2 HTP Highline "Refresh 2013" edition (see above), I've been told by the dealer to not expect to take delivery of the vehicle before Jan 15th! Yikes! This, despite being told at the time of booking that the car will be delivered by Dec 20th. They claim that they will not get stock before that.

Instead, the sales person wanted me to go for a 2012 Highline model in black. He even tried persuading me to settle for a Comfortline or a Diesel even though I had told him the reasons for my original decision. I refused all the options.

Finally, he claimed that if I go for the newly launched Polo SR edition, he will deliver the car in 1 week flat! I don't mind going for it as it's based on the Refresh edition, but the drawbacks are that it will add ~30K to the on-road-price, and there are no freebies being offered on the model, which means I will lose the insurance waiver and reduced interest on the loan that I was offered at booking.

I'm beginning to think that it's some sort of sales scam to make me go for the newly launched SR model or their old stock of 2012 cars.

What do you guys think? Stick to my guns for the Refresh model and possibly wait till Jan? Book the new SR model even if it costs me quite a bit more? Lastly, there's another option: cancel the booking and go for either the Skoda Fabia or the i20 Asta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider77 (Post 2973425)
I need some advice.

Having booked the red Polo 1.2 HTP Highline "Refresh 2013" edition (see above), I've been told by the dealer to not expect to take delivery of the vehicle before Jan 15th! Yikes! This, despite being told at the time of booking that the car will be delivered by Dec 20th. They claim that they will not get stock before that.

What do you guys think? Stick to my guns for the Refresh model and possibly wait till Jan? Book the new SR model even if it costs me quite a bit more? Lastly, there's another option: cancel the booking and go for either the Skoda Fabia or the i20 Asta?

Main question is Can you Wait? If you can then why not stick to the newer model of the Polo than get an old one. If you love the refreshed version then wait for it buddy.

If you feel that the dealer is taking you for a ride then why not try another VW dealer for the car and see what they say. If both are saying the same then take your decision on waiting. If you need the car fast then look for other options like an i20 Asta.

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC77 (Post 2964184)
Need help on options for reversing camera , under chasis coating and teflon coating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC77 (Post 2964419)
Thanks !!
I am getting the below along with the car
Floor Mats Rubber, Dicky Mat, Wheel Caps, MGA Security system, Music System, Car Care Kit, Mud Flaps, AC filter, punture kit, Idol and perfume.

Also on exchange for my 2007 Alto - 70K kms, I am getting 162500 (incl. 5000 as exchange bonus).

Is there something additional I can ask for. Also needed help on some reversing camera options.

Right away say NO to Teflon coating.

Loyalty Bonus? It is also given when you getting the same brand of comapny. I got an loyalty bonus of 10000 when changing from WagonR to Ritz. I too got a Music System (Sony Xplod HU and two front speakers), floor and Boot mats (rubber and cloth type), Autocop security system.

Ask the dealer to put in better tires. Upgrade from 165 sections to 185 as you get in the ZXi/ZDi models.

Anurag.

Had another talk with the dealer today and he was honest enough to admit that they simply weren't placing any more orders for cars from the factory as it's the year end and they seem to have their hands full selling the diesel version as well as the Vento's.

So, now I've come to a cross-road where the Polo is increasingly looking less viable.

However, in a strange twist, the wifey threw a googly at me today saying that we should give the Skoda Rapid a good look! It's a different segment car altogether and does throw a spanner in our budget works, but now that it's on the radar, I'm going to give it a good long hard look. A test drive has been scheduled this weekend, and the dealer has assured me that there are some good deals on the car.

Hi all,

Finally I have given in to the 7-year itch, and gone ahead with my purchase of a Honda City S-MT, and paid the booking amount of Rs. 50,000 to Whitefield Honda. Details of the purchase are as below:

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : S-MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 1-Dec-2012
Color : Carnelian Red
Expected Delivery Date : 15-Dec-2012
Dealer & City : Whitefield Honda, Shivajinagar, Bangalore
Freebies : Insurance, Reverse Parking Sensors, Rubber mats, Steering Cover
Others : Total discount Rs 62,135 (Including Insurance). I have also shared the exact pricing details here.

Now to wait, and followup with SBI for disbursement. clap:

Cheers,
R_S

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 2976764)

Right away say NO to Teflon coating.

Loyalty Bonus? It is also given when you getting the same brand of comapny. I got an loyalty bonus of 10000 when changing from WagonR to Ritz. I too got a Music System (Sony Xplod HU and two front speakers), floor and Boot mats (rubber and cloth type), Autocop security system.

Ask the dealer to put in better tires. Upgrade from 165 sections to 185 as you get in the ZXi/ZDi models.

Anurag.

Thanks Anurag,

Wanted to check how is Exterior Paint sealant and under body protection from 3M. Also which 3M car care is good , the one at Indira Nagar or HSR.

On Loyalty Bonus - they are giving 5000 which is same across all dealers for Dzire, Music system, boot mats, security system come along with the car.On the Tyre in one of the threads I read that 165 sections are better than 185 especially for Dzire

On reversing camera , needed inputs on Xenos system

Hi Guys,

Posting this on behalf of a friend.

Car booked: Honda Jazz (mid/top whichever is available)
Dealer: Ring Road Honda
Booking amount: Rs 10,000
Delivery time: 1-3 months
Color: Grey/ Red whichever is available

The problem is that the dealer has not given any commitment with regards to model/ color/ delivery time. Its more like- whenever we have any model in any colour any time soon, we will call you. What should he do in this case?

Is there any other dealer who is better wrt Jazz.

Thanks,
Tapish

Tapish, this is why I didn't go for the Jazz (even for a Test Drive) when I was looking for a cary to buy. The indifferent attitude of the salesperson at the Jazz showroom (Hosur road) was astonishing. They didn't bother to explain the features, or attempt to even "sell" the car to me. It was clear that they weren't really trying to pitch the Jazz to customers, and so I wasn't very confident of going for one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider77 (Post 2983495)
Tapish, this is why I didn't go for the Jazz (even for a Test Drive) when I was looking for a cary to buy. The indifferent attitude of the salesperson at the Jazz showroom (Hosur road) was astonishing. They didn't bother to explain the features, or attempt to even "sell" the car to me. It was clear that they weren't really trying to pitch the Jazz to customers, and so I wasn't very confident of going for one.

The dealer's attitude on Jazz tends to make one to believe the rumor that Jazz could be withdrawn once the AMAZE is released!

Cheers!

Make : Maruti-Suzuki
Model : Ritz (new 2012 facelift)
Variant : VXI ABS (customer-specific model)
Fuel : Liquid Gold
Booking Date : 10/12/2012 (order placed through dealer's e-mail)
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 25/12/2012 (hopefully, as that's my birthday)
Freebies : Mudflaps, floor mats, Ritz seat covers (fabric), Car perfume.
Accessories Planned: Pioneer HU, JBL comps/coaxs, Xenos/Autocop Central Locking.
Price : 5,13,000 ex-showroom. (Getting RT + Insurance done from outside)
Discounts : 20,000 Consumer Offer, 18,000 Exchange Bonus, 5,000 Maruti Genuine Accessories offer (can be reimbursed as cash), 3,000 Corporate Discount. Also 50% off body paint-job for door handles, ORVMs & mud flaps.
Exchange : 35,000 for our (average-ly maintained) Maruti-Suzuki Esteem LX 1998 from Maruti Tru-Value.
Total Discounts + Exchange : 81,000/-
Booking Amount : 10,000/-.
Final Price (to be paid to dealer) : 4,32,000/-.
Expected OTR (including discounts/exchange) : ~4,80,000/-.
Dealer : Sky Automobiles.

After almost a year of booking my Honda City (booked on 29/12/2011, delivered on 02/03/2012), we are getting our second car.

Details soon in my ownership thread.

Quote:

Dont let the lethargic attitude of the dealer sales person make you decide against the Jazz. After all you are going to live with the car for the next 5-6 years and not that sales person. If you like the car, try and visit another Honda dealership or drop in another day and try to speak to some one else in the same dealership.

Quote:

I took the test ride a week back, the sales person was not enthusiastic but not indifferent also. Jazz is a lovely car and it pains to see the way it is treated. The time spent till I started the engine brought so many concerns and apprehensions, but when the beauty started to roll it put all those at bay stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 2986346)
Dont let the lethargic attitude of the dealer sales person make you decide against the Jazz. After all you are going to live with the car for the next 5-6 years and not that sales person. If you like the car, try and visit another Honda dealership or drop in another day and try to speak to some one else in the same dealership.

That's one half of the story. The other half is they had a 3 month waiting period, and had *no* offers running for the Jazz. IAC, I had my heart set on the Polo so it didn't take much to dissuade me. ;)

It's a different matter that the Polo didn't work out either. :P

Guys, i need some urgent advice on my purchase of the new Ritz.

I have recently booked a Ritz VDI, probably with red interiors as unfortunately Grey Interior Cars are not available In Stock. But today i read some articles stating that Government is planning to ban diesel vehicles. After reading this, now i am in a fix whether to go ahead with Ritz VDI or change it to a Ritz Vxi. Difference between Ritz VDI and Vxi is around 1.3 L and my average running would be around 1000 Kms/month.
I have heard Ritz Petrol Mileage is also on the lower side around 12 - 14 kmpl in City.
Banning all the Diesel Cars will be completely unrealistic in my opinion.
But, if something like this gets approved, then i am also concerned about the resale value of this car, 5 - 7 years down the line.

Kindly advice urgently as i will be going for the loan formalities tomorrow.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi3284 (Post 2993452)
But today i read some articles stating that Government is planning to ban diesel vehicles. After reading this, now i am in a fix whether to go ahead with Ritz VDI or change it to a Ritz Vxi.
But, if something like this gets approved, then i am also concerned about the resale value of this car, 5 - 7 years down the line.

Kindly advice urgently as i will be going for the loan formalities tomorrow.
Thanks.

Dont worry. Such things wont happen. May be in DELHI, but not in PUNE.

Go ahead with your loan formalities. Cheers !!

Quote:

But today i read some articles stating that Government is planning to ban diesel vehicles.

Where on earth did you read this? There is no way this is going to happen.

Quote:

my average running would be around 1000 Kms/month.

I don't see the point of buying a diesel car with this sort of running.

Quote:

I have heard Ritz Petrol Mileage is also on the lower side around 12 - 14 kmpl in City.

That is not low. That is about what a Ritz gives in the city cycle. If you find it low, then it is best you stick with a diesel.

Quote:

It is unrealistic and it is not going to happen so just stick to your original plan