Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-154.html)

Booked my Ritz VDI - New Breeze Blue Color today at Mandovi Motors, Cox Town.

Ex Showroom - 577841
Registration - 89,798
Insurance - 21,527
Incidental Charges - 6,500
Registration Charges - 700
Accessories Kit - 2672
Total - INR 6,99,038/-

Discounts:
Consumer Offer - INR 25,000/-
Exchange Bonus - INR 25,000/-

Final Price after discounts - INR 6,49,038/-
Freebies - NIL. Still Negotiating
Booking Amount Paid today - INR 5,000/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 3090498)
Incidental Charges - 6,500
Registration Charges - 700

I think you should negotiate the Incidental and the registration charges too. You are not supposed to pay for it. Play the hard game and negotiate harder to get them waived off.

Are you buying the Insurance through the dealer or by yourself?

Booked Chevrolet Sail UVA Petrol.

Model: LS ABS
Color: Sand Drift Grey
Booking Date: 28th March
Dealer: Venus Chevrolet, Bhubaneswar
Delivery Date: We have asked for 2nd May as I would be at home on that day. The car is in transit.
Reason: Exchanged Dad's 9 year old Wagon-R (40k on Odometer). Exchange price quoted as 110000/-. Will be exchanged on the day of delivery.
Free bees: Mat, Mud flaps, Exhaust finisher, Seat cover, Rear parking sensor system.
Discount: 4k cash discount. Though Dad has already retired from Govt. service 6 year back, dealer still gave 4k corporate discount:Cheering:. Hence, it seems the corporate discount is purely on dealer and anyone can get this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3090636)
I think you should negotiate the Incidental and the registration charges too. You are not supposed to pay for it. Play the hard game and negotiate harder to get them waived off.

Are you buying the Insurance through the dealer or by yourself?

In fact all the Maruti dealers charge INR 6,500/- as incidental charges in Bangalore. It works like a cartel among them.

On the registration charges, INR 700/- is unique to Mandovi only. I will try and negotiate it.

On Insurance, I am buying from the dealer only. Reason - In case of any unfortunate accident, it will be easier to get the repair job done from the dealer if the insurance is from them. :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 3090917)
In fact all the Maruti dealers charge INR 6,500/- as incidental charges in Bangalore. It works like a cartel among them.

On the registration charges, INR 700/- is unique to Mandovi only. I will try and negotiate it.

On Insurance, I am buying from the dealer only. Reason - In case of any unfortunate accident, it will be easier to get the repair job done from the dealer if the insurance is from them. :deadhorse

Not only maruti dealers, everyone is charging the same. When I bought my car, the Nissan dealer told me, this amount would be against the fuel cost for the car to take it to RTO for inspection, the charge for the driver who takes the car and for any greasing required at RTO to get the registration done instantly and the number plate and number plate writing charge.

Anyway, they were open for me to get the registration done by myself, but only after full payment and proper handover of the car to me.

I decided to get it done by them.

Quote:

Ritz VDI

Congrats on your purchase/booking.
is this VDi +ABS ?

Quote:

You dont have to worry about that. You can contact the same insurance company directly, online or otherwise and still get the same treatment at the dealers end. You will easily save 5-7k on the insurance quote given by the dealer.

@Bangalore Tbhpians: Incase anyone is exchanging Swift/ Ritz Alloys to rims, I am willing to buy the stock alloys at the exchange price offered by your dealer. Please PM me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anup7649 (Post 3091136)
Congrats on your purchase/booking.
is this VDi +ABS ?

Its a VDI only. No ABS. In fact I started off looking for a Wagon R VXI, did not like it after a long test drive.

Considered the Ritz Petrol and finally made a booking of Ritz VDI. This is the max I could stretch. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR (Post 3090498)
Booked my Ritz VDI - New Breeze Blue Color today at Mandovi Motors, Cox Town.

Congratulations and welcome to the club! :) What is the expected delivery date?

MAKE:Honda
MODEL: Amaze
VARIANT:1.5 VX MT
FUEL: Diesel
BOOKING DATE: 11th April 2013
DELIVERY DATE: 3-4 Months
COLOUR: Candy White
BOOKING AMOUNT : Rs.21,000/-

Make and Model - Mahindra XUV 5OO
Variant - W8
Booking Date - 11th April 2013
Delivery Within 3 weeks
Colour - Opulent Purple
Booking Amount - INR 40,000.

Did the booking at TVS, Kottayam (Kerala). Now looking at SBI for car loan! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by aajohn (Post 3092154)
Make and Model - Mahindra XUV 5OO
Variant - W8
Booking Date - 11th April 2013
Delivery Within 3 weeks
Colour - Opulent Purple
Booking Amount - INR 40,000.

Did the booking at TVS, Kottayam (Kerala). Now looking at SBI for car loan! :D

Congrats John.
I am getting my Satin White W8 this Saturday. Counting hours to lay hands on the beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 3092292)

Congrats John.
I am getting my Satin White W8 this Saturday. Counting hours to lay hands on the beast.

Congrats Bnzjon.
As per me, it's a VFM Vehicle on current Indian Automobile Lineup with all Bells & Whistles everyone looking for.
I say, it's more than what a Normal Joe is expecting in a car.
I am in a dilemma between XUV 5OO AWD & Tata Strome 4x4.
There's no hurry. So plan to wait till Tata will rollout upgraded Strome with some additional Gizmos to compete with XUV 5OO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks_karthik (Post 3092302)

Congrats Bnzjon.
As per me, it's a VFM Vehicle on current Indian Automobile Lineup with all Bells & Whistles everyone looking for.
I say, it's more than what a Normal Joe is expecting in a car.
I am in a dilemma between XUV 5OO AWD & Tata Strome 4x4.
There's no hurry. So plan to wait till Tata will rollout upgraded Strome with some additional Gizmos to compete with XUV 5OO.

Thanks Karthik.
You are right, it's a VFM car despite the current ex showroom of Rs. 13,87,900 (launch price was Rs. 11.35 lacs).

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 3092105)
MAKE:Honda
MODEL: Amaze

Congratulations! Will this make you first BHPian to book Amaze?:thumbs up