Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-157.html)

Finally took the plunge and booked since could no longer wait further for Skoda Octavia. Will buy it later this year.

As of now replacing my 5 year old ( 106000 kms Old verna ) with the NEW FLUIDIC VERNA CRDi SX - Phanto Black.

Delivery - 10 - 12 days.

Don't have any idea about OTR BUT is between 10.6 - 11 lacs depending on what I opt for including 3rd year warranty.

Will update exact price later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 3110011)
Finally took the plunge and booked since could no longer wait further for Skoda Octavia. Will buy it later this year.

As of now replacing my 5 year old ( 106000 kms Old verna ) with the NEW FLUIDIC VERNA CRDi SX - Phanto Black.

Delivery - 10 - 12 days.

Don't have any idea about OTR BUT is between 10.6 - 11 lacs depending on what I opt for including 3rd year warranty.

Will update exact price later.

Hhm. Interesting if you were looking at OCTAVIA, VENTO was the automatic choice if you didnt want to wait. Interesting choice nonetheless. Congratulations !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3110194)

Hhm. Interesting if you were looking at OCTAVIA, VENTO was the automatic choice if you didnt want to wait. Interesting choice nonetheless. Congratulations !!

I already have a verna and extremely satisfied in fact was not selling it and planned to keep it. However a change in financial scenario made me think I could replace my daily runner which is a verna with the new verna which is loaded to the brim.

The octavia will be the second car which I will buy once it is launched.

Not ruling out the octavia.

Vento is nice But somehow if I compare this segment the verna is a no brainer. Vento and rapid are sale duds and look/ feature wise verna leaves them far behind.

I was going for the Elantra But in this segment the Octavia should be the one. I just could not bring myself to spend 15 lacs on a premium sedan from hyundai.

The jetta is fantastic and will be my choice if the octavia is not priced lower than it. Also the equipment list will be worth debating. I am sure octavia will come feature loadd if compared variant to variant with the jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 3110239)
The jetta is fantastic and will be my choice if the octavia is not priced lower than it. Also the equipment list will be worth debating. I am sure octavia will come feature loadd if compared variant to variant with the jetta.

The new Octavia will replace the Laura, it is to be seen how they price both together if they plan to keep both which IMO is bad decision. But if they discontinue Laura then the new Octavia will be priced at par with Jetta although with more features. Alternatively the Jetta also may undergo makeover once the new Octavia is launched. Either way you will not go wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAyK (Post 3080864)
Booked Model : Wagon R...

Variant :
Vxi - ABS / Airbags (while the dealer said they could have a stock Wagon R delivered within 10 days... the ABS /airbags option was not popular so we would have to wait. In fact dealers tried discouraging us to pursue the ABS option... "You don't really need it", they said. Hmmm). :)

Fuel :
Petrol (tough choice, hope we don't regret it).

Booking Date :
3 March (evening booking, after several calls and meetings with the dealers).

Color :
Breeze Blue...

Expected Delivery Date :
Unclear. First they said one month, then they said 1.5 months, now they say two months. After calling them few days ago, they said end of April ("100%" ) So that's little under two months.

Dealer & City : Mandovi, Bangalore

subject of this post: Delivery Delay

Help! It's been almost 2 months since I booked the new Wagon R with ABS/Airbags. But when I called the dealers few weeks ago, my contact said the car was unavailable. And I was asked to buy the Wagon R without ABS. I was shocked... and a bit angry. After a fuss, threatening to cancel my booking, a few days later the Manager of the dealership called me saying that the ABS car was in fact available, but he could not give me a date when exactly it would be. I couldn't make sense of what he was saying, but told him I needed a delivery date.

Just today I called him again, and he said that Maruti has still not given him the delivery/dispatch date. It could be anytime between May end or early June.

I find this really disappointing but I'm confused about what I should do. I really want to stick with Maruti... plus, the Wagon R suits our family needs (and particularly wife's driving needs). But now I feel stuck with this order.

What should I do at this point? Please help, someone.

(I hope this is an appropriate post for this thread).

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAyK (Post 3110438)

I find this really disappointing but I'm confused about what I should do. I really want to stick with Maruti... plus, the Wagon R suits our family needs (and particularly wife's driving needs). But now I feel stuck with this order.

Email the Regional Manger Sales and things should start moving.
you will typically find the email at the corner of those maruti suzuki news paper ads

Booked Toyota Etios Liva G (petrol) yesterday (May 3, 2013). OTR 5.55 lakhs with registration, insurance and one-time road tax for 5 years (15 year road tax is optional in West Bengal).
Dealer: Topsel Toyota, West Bengal
Freebies: Rs. 5000 of accessories or whatever that is operational on the date of delivery.
Expected delivery: End of the month.
Overall dealership experience was good but the zeal to sell the insurance was overbearing and inappropriate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontosa (Post 3102635)
Hello Friends, Booked Vento TDI HL.
Reflex Silver
Getting free accessories: Floor Mats, VW orignal transparent Bumper protection (a 11 piece kit), Mud flaps, Latest MapmyIndia navigation system, Reverse camera, trunk spoiler. And 2 years extended warranty.

The car is almost ready. Wanted black but took to silver as couldnt wait any longer. Also toyed for Polo TSI for a while, but thought space is required with 2 toddlers at home and thinking neck to neck TDI has better torque curve and same power to the new TSI, stuck with my orignal choice of vento. Now getting couple of documentation ready ASAP. Cant wait !

P.S: Refer to my accident thread in which I came alive http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...y-vw-polo.html. Had a thoroughly great experience with VW Polo TDI during its 20 months with me and no other car was convincing me in the budget for various reasons. Thanks for reading!

Hi F!

whats VW orignal transparent Bumper protection (a 11 piece kit)?

some more details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtonMeter (Post 3115645)

Hi F!

whats VW orignal transparent Bumper protection (a 11 piece kit)?

some more details?

Its a 11 piece sticker to protect the back and front bumper then under door handles and on side mirrors. . Its transparent so till you closely observe you dont see it. unlike the black or metallic ones seen in the market

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Ritz
Variant : VDI
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 6-05-2013
Color : Silky Silver with grey & red interiors
Expected Delivery Date : 12-05-2013
City : Noida
Discounts: 18000 cash discount + 3000 corporate discount
Additional Discount: Rs. 2700 Gold coin discount (min 1gm gold in scratch card offer)
Freebies : Mats, Mudflaps
Others : Maruti Accessories combo pack
Cost : 6.41 L On Road Price

I changed the booking from a Ritz LDI to VDI after going through the features and difference in the OTR. I thought VDI is more VFM :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac (Post 3116265)
I changed the booking from a Ritz LDI to VDI after going through the features and difference in the OTR. I thought VDI is more VFM :D

Since you have booked a diesel, i am assuming that your usage will be high and on highways too.

The Ritz has a VDi variant with optional ABS. I suggest you go for the ABS option as it is a safety feature which IMHO is definitely required, considering our highways today allow for higher speeds. If you do the math over 5 yrs of ownership (an example) the extra moolah spent on the ABS option will not be very high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 3116401)
Since you have booked a diesel, i am assuming that your usage will be high and on highways too.

The Ritz has a VDi variant with optional ABS. I suggest you go for the ABS option as it is a safety feature which IMHO is definitely required, considering our highways today allow for higher speeds. If you do the math over 5 yrs of ownership (an example) the extra moolah spent on the ABS option will not be very high.

I wanted to go for the ABS variant. But the car has a waiting period of over 1.5 months. Moreover, the SE wasn't sure himself as to when he can deliver me the car. I will be travelling over 80 kms a day including highways and city roads, hence chose the diesel option. Problem is, I can't wait for that long :Frustrati Extra money wasn't an issue since I am making full payment for this car anyways.

@NAyk - There is absolutely no need to change your requirements, since you are in Bangalore you have multiple Maruthi Dealers (Kalyani, Bimal, Garuda, Sagar etc), why don't you try with these dealers. I'm pretty sure you will be able to get a better response. I suggest you also cancel the booking with Mandovi for dragging this along.

All the best

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAyK (Post 3110438)

Help! It's been almost 2 months since I booked the new Wagon R with ABS/Airbags. But when I called the dealers few weeks ago, my contact said the car was unavailable. And I was asked to buy the Wagon R without ABS. I was shocked... and a bit angry. After a fuss, threatening to cancel my booking, a few days later the Manager of the dealership called me saying that the ABS car was in fact available, but he could not give me a date when exactly it would be. I couldn't make sense of what he was saying, but told him I needed a delivery date.

Just today I called him again, and he said that Maruti has still not given him the delivery/dispatch date. It could be anytime between May end or early June.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontosa (Post 3115743)

Its a 11 piece sticker to protect the back and front bumper then under door handles and on side mirrors. . Its transparent so till you closely observe you dont see it. unlike the black or metallic ones seen in the market

Please post a pic if u can, do I get this at VW? Or 3M? Cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishygk (Post 3116566)
@NAyk - There is absolutely no need to change your requirements, since you are in Bangalore you have multiple Maruthi Dealers (Kalyani, Bimal, Garuda, Sagar etc), why don't you try with these dealers. I'm pretty sure you will be able to get a better response. I suggest you also cancel the booking with Mandovi for dragging this along.

All the best

Thanks Vishygk, but my fear is that they too may delay again. So since I've already waiting 2.5 months, perhaps it will come within 2-3 weeks, but if I book with others, then they could say 1 month (earliest) and then take 1.5-2 months. Basically without guarantees, it's tough to trust any of them at them moment. :(