Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-158.html)

Just took delivery of our ritz vdi today. I received the T-bhp stickers yesterday, just in time.
Thanks a ton to team-bhp for all the support and knowledge base :)

Make : Toyota
Model : Corolla Altis
Variant : 1.8 GL Manual
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 5/5/2013
Color : Silver Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 30/5/2013
Dealer & City : Topsel Toyota, Kolkata
Freebies : Rs. 20,000 Cash Discount or take it on accessories
Others :

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3092696)
(Ex-Showroom cost was 10,14,017/- and the stated on-road price was 11.63L inclusive all above. So you can call it a net discount of 1.12L)

Is this a 2012 car? How did you extract a discount of 1.12L? I am very interested in the deal. Details please.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAyK (Post 3110438)
subject of this post: Delivery Delay

Help! It's been almost 2 months since I booked the new Wagon R with ABS/Airbags.

Don't worry NAyK. ABS is a great drain on your patience as far as Maruti is concerned. I booked my Ritz Vxi ABS in December. :D No car yet. Yours shouldn't be that late as your model doesn't have to compete with the demand for diesel. Like vishygk said, try other dealers. They might have one in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3120857)
Is this a 2012 car? How did you extract a discount of 1.12L? I am very interested in the deal. Details please.:thumbs up

Nope. Its a Apr 2013 manufactured vehicle. Insurance was basically being given free by the company. There was some exchange bonus thrown in though I didn't get the car exchanged through them as they were giving less price. They just wanted the copy of the previous car's RC to give that to me. Also some other discounts and some plane jane arm twisting to get the maximum discount. I think the dealer gave away some 20k from his pocket to reach that figure, rest all were offers from the company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3120913)
Nope. Its a Apr 2013 manufactured vehicle. Insurance was basically being given free by the company. There was some exchange bonus thrown in though I didn't get the car exchanged through them as they were giving less price. They just wanted the copy of the previous car's RC to give that to me.

That is a really sweet deal. I was under the impression that the Vento TDI HL was more near the 12L mark these days if not more. Kind of in the market for a new car and it looks like it might boil down between the Swift ZDI and the Vento TDI HL, if I am unable to convince my dad to spend 20 big ones for the Jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowRider (Post 3120893)
Don't worry NAyK. ABS is a great drain on your patience as far as Maruti is concerned. I booked my Ritz Vxi ABS in December. :D No car yet. Yours shouldn't be that late as your model doesn't have to compete with the demand for diesel. Like vishygk said, try other dealers. They might have one in stock.

You've been waiting since December!!! :) Wow, that's a lot of patience. Thank you for that lesson. I almost booked a Ritz VXI ABS in January myself, but because the pedals were too high and uncomfortable for my wife, I changed to a Wagon R. It would have been very frustrating to still be waiting for the car.

I was suggested to talk to a senior Maruti executive to expedite my case, have you been able to do that for yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAyK (Post 3121462)
You've been waiting since December!!! :) Wow, that's a lot of patience. Thank you for that lesson. I almost booked a Ritz VXI ABS in January myself, but because the pedals were too high and uncomfortable for my wife, I changed to a Wagon R. It would have been very frustrating to still be waiting for the car.

I was suggested to talk to a senior Maruti executive to expedite my case, have you been able to do that for yourself?

We told the dealer that we're walking if they're keeping us in a limbo any longer. Maybe they really can't help and MSIL is to blame. But preliminary enquiries indicate some other dealers in the city might have the car in stock. To be honest, I'm not sure I trust the word of other dealers either. They say all sorts of things to get a booking. But something will be done soon about this. Talking to an MSIL contact is a very good idea. The reason I didn't do this before was that back then, it seemed like the normal sort of waiting period for an ABS car. But after 5 months, I have a reason to be unhappy with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowRider (Post 3121506)
Talking to an MSIL contact is a very good idea.

Hey SlowRider.

Just to report to you, and to the rest of the group who have expressed concern on my talk with the Maruti Exec.

Just few days ago, I talked to a manager at Maruti. I don't really know who he is in the Maruti scheme of things, but he is certainly a Maruti guy and not a dealer guy. I got this number from the Showroom manager who I think got frustrated with my calls. My showroom (dealer) manager told me to call this Maruti person. At first I was skeptical, because I thought it was the dealers' responsibility to talk to Maruti, why should I? Still, I did (last Friday).

So when I called on Friday, he was not surprised and expressed the typical... care for the customer shpeel that is commonly expected. However, he did tell me that ABS orders need to be flagged especially by dealers. ANd if they don't do it, it stays hidden and not addressed quickly. He then said that he will personally flag the order, and get back to me.

Obviously he didn't call back, but then I called on Monday (yesterday) and he said that he had already flagged the order and the car should be delivered in 18-20 days.

Now obviously it's sad that the process is like this, and basically the dealers will blame Maruti and Maruti will blame the dealers (for not highlighting orders), but still I did get some feedback. I don't know if the results will be fruitful, but at least, there's at least some more hope here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAyK (Post 3121596)
he did tell me that ABS orders need to be flagged especially by dealers. ANd if they don't do it, it stays hidden and not addressed quickly. He then said that he will personally flag the order, and get back to me.

This is an eye-opener indeed. I'm gonna call the Maruti contact now.

Expecting my W8 XUV next week. Details below:

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV 5OO
Variant : W8 FWD
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 10/05/2013
Color : Satin White
Expected Delivery Date : 22/05/2013
Dealer & City : Sireesh Auto, Bangalore
Freebies : Nice Talks so far
Extended Warranty : Need to check
Accessories: 30k
Corp Discount: 8K
Total Cost : 17.6L

Another XUV on its way (after drooling for ages)

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV 5OO
Variant : W8 FWD
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 14/05/2013
Color : Tuscan Red
Expected Delivery Date : 19/05/2013 (ready stock in every color except blue and AWD)
Dealer & City : Sri Durga Auto, Moti Nagar, Delhi
Freebies : Usual - mats, perfume, idol
Extended Warranty : was promised as a freebie arriving with purple club membership
Accessories: ~10k (TBD)
Corp Discount: 8K
Total Cost : 16L

My dealer just called me a few hours ago telling me that one car (Maruti Wagon R with ABS/Airbags) has been dispatched. However, it's in a different colour (silver) from the one I booked (I had booked blue). They asked me whether I was interested or would I prefer to wait. I said, I was definitely interested... since I didn't mind the silver at all... and so changed my colour preference and have been told that I would get the car (hopefully, God willing) within 10 days.

Now my question is when should I pay the dealer? I have the money ready and I would make a full payment by multiple cheques. They are asking me to pay tomorrow or day after tomorrow. What is normal in these circumstances? Personally I don't mind paying especially to give time for the cheques to clear, but is there a danger in paying early?

Would appreciate any advice. (I hope this post is appropriate for this thread, because it continues my booking saga).

Hi Guys ,
After a decade plus ride with my dad's ZEN Lx , We are moving to Honda Family.
Booked our new Honda Brio EXMT :)

Make : Honda
Model : Brio
Variant : EXMT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date :15th may 2013
Color : Energetic Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 20 days (June 15th 2013)
Dealer & City : Capital Honda ,Chennai
Freebies : Insurance and others Yet to confirm
Others : Selling off old zen for 80 k , Any takers please let me know

Might put the Factory fitted audio from S model to the EXMT to enhance interior looks

Will post pics once we get the delivery of the vehicle

OTR 4.97 L Not taking extended warranty package

-
Viki

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAyK (Post 3123183)

Now my question is when should I pay the dealer? I have the money ready and I would make a full payment by multiple cheques. They are asking me to pay tomorrow or day after tomorrow. What is normal in these circumstances? Personally I don't mind paying especially to give time for the cheques to clear, but is there a danger in paying early?

Would appreciate any advice. (I hope this post is appropriate for this thread, because it continues my booking saga).

I would recommend that you show the dealer the money (convince him you have moolah ready) now. Then you give him the money after you inspect the car in dealer stockyard and you are happy with it.