Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-160.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3151422)
Booked Alto 800 for my brother.

Make : Maruti
Model : Alto
Variant : 800 LXi (there is no VXi variant on Alto800)

Seems Maruti heard you - VXi has been introduced now.

Congrats!

One question though: any specific reason for not picking up the 90HP version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3144084)
Wanted to write a post in this thread and now got an opportunity now.

Booked the following after lot of reviews on Team BHP, TDs of different cars and deals on offer

Make :Fiat
Model : Grande Punto
Variant : Emotion 1.3 MJD
Fuel : Diesel

Make :Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : VDI
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 19th June 2013
Color : Bakers Chocolate
Delivery Date : Early July.
Dealer & City: Premier World, Kolkata
Freebies : 2-5K worth of Scratch Card Gift Offer.
Cash Discount : 25K (Consumer Discount)
On Road Cost (After Discount) : 644734 /- with 4th Year extended warranty upto 80K KMs

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3144084)
Cash Discount : 90 K (incl Free ext warranty, RSA. Insurance)
On Road Cost : 7,60,000/-

Congrats!
Whats the month and Year of manufacture of your car? Is it 2012 or 2013 make?

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Polo
Variant : GT TSi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 25th June 2013
Color : White! :)
Delivery Date : Too long, 8 weeks. :(
Dealer & City: VW Mumbai South
Freebies : 0 dep Insurance at 26,500 (Instead of comprehensive at 30,500)
Cash Discount : Nil
On Road Cost (After Discount) : 931,xxx

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 (Post 3138198)
Model: Renault Duster
Variant: RXZ Opt Nav
Fuel: Diesel
Colour: White
Booking Date: 20th May 2013
Dealer: Speed Auto

mind sharing details on freebies/ offer/ discounts/ OTR?

Congratulations there! :)

Ace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mango_pal (Post 3159842)
Freebies : 0 dep Insurance at 26,500 (Instead of comprehensive at 30,500)

Congratulations on the GTI:thumbs up.

Can you elaborate what you meant by the above statement? Did you not opt for comprehensive policy or was it only TPL with zero dep?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3160060)
Congratulations on the GTI:thumbs up.

Can you elaborate what you meant by the above statement? Did you not opt for comprehensive policy or was it only TPL with zero dep?

The normal comprehensive insurance was Rs. 30,500. The dealer managed to give me zero dep insurance for 26,500.
Can zero dep insurance also be third party? Can you fill me in? I'm opting for a standard zero dep insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mango_pal (Post 3160062)
The normal comprehensive insurance was Rs. 30,500. The dealer managed to give me zero dep insurance for 26,500.
Can zero dep insurance also be third party? Can you fill me in? I'm opting for a standard zero dep insurance.

There are two types of Car Insurance - Comprehensive and TPL(Third Party Liability). Comprehensive covers TPL also. Zero dep is an add on which is sold along with the Insurance policy. If the dealer is offering only TPL with zero dep, you might want to consider going in for Comprehensive with zero dep add on.

Normally if the dealer is offering free insurance as a part of the deal, then it will be comprehensive insurance, you may need to buy zero dep additionally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3160087)
There are two types of Car Insurance - Comprehensive and TPL(Third Party Liability). Comprehensive covers TPL also. Zero dep is an add on which is sold along with the Insurance policy. If the dealer is offering only TPL with zero dep, you might want to consider going in for Comprehensive with zero dep add on.

Normally if the dealer is offering free insurance as a part of the deal, then it will be comprehensive insurance, you may need to buy zero dep additionally.

I had gotten quotes for zero dep insurance for about 25-26k from New India and Bharti AXA.
TPL was a fraction of that. So even if zero dep was added to TPL, the figure would be much lower than 26k.

I was unaware that zero dep could be added to TPL as well. Thanks for clearing that up.
I'll check with the dealer about it as well.

Quote:

It's comprehensive + zero dep. Just checked

Quote:

Sorry for going OT, But I cant figure out what TPL + Zero dep means?

TPL covers the person/vehicle I hit. And I get nothing from the insurance for my damage. So what part can the Zero Depreciation possibly cover here?

I always thought Zero Dep is only with comprehensive insurance

Model: Ford Ecosport
Variant: 1.5 Diesel Titanium +
Date Booked : June 26
Dealer: Noida Ford
Colour: Mars Red
Expected Delivery - 3-4 months

Finally my turn to write in here :D

Model- Figo, Tdci
Variant- Zxi
Date booked- 25th June
Dealer- Astro Ford, Dwarka
Color- White

And it's coming next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 3161474)
Finally my turn to write in here :D

Model- Figo, Tdci
Variant- Zxi
Date booked- 25th June
Dealer- Astro Ford, Dwarka
Color- White

And it's coming next week.

Congrats!!
Do share some pricing details as well.