Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-163.html)

Make : Tata
Model : Vista D90
Variant : Vx
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 10-August-2013
Color : Spice Red
Expected Delivery Date : 18th August
Dealer & City : Pandit Auto, Pune
Freebies : Nothing (yet)
Others : Corporate discount, dealer discount
OTR: 6.88L

Make : Ford
Model : EcoSport
Variant : Titanium
Fuel : 1.5 Diesel
Booking Date : 8th August, 2013
Color : Mars Red (More like orange than red)
Expected Delivery Date : God Knows
Dealer & City : MPL Ford, OMR, Chennai
Freebies : Not sure
Others : Trying to get it delivered much much sooner.
On-Road Prics: 10.35L

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento
Variant : TDi Highline
Booking Date : 04/Aug/2013
Color : Pepper Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 21/Aug/2013
Dealer & City : Elite VW, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Freebies : Fully loaded offer - free insurance for 3 years, road side assistance for 3 years, 1 year extended warranty (2 years normal + 1 extra)
Others : Drive assure economy (bumper to bumper warranty) by dealer. Auto finance by VW Auto finance @ 11.18% for 5 years on 9L. Exchange bonus of 20k. Exchanging a 2010 Chevrolet Spark LT for 2L.

Greetings

Make - Mitsubishi
Model - Pajero Sport
Variant - 4X4 Manual Transmission ( One variant )
Fuel - Diesel
Booking Date - 20/08/2013
Colour - Pure Black
Expected Delivery Date - 25/08/2013 (Yes it's a Sunday ) Very accommodating Dealership .
Dealer & City - Premier Motor Garage , Chandigarh
Freebies - Roadside assistance is standard , rest didn't ask for anything . Let's see
Others - Getting Dep cap insurance done , a spoiler put , probably a touchscreen indash navigation unit . I am pretty sure nothing more than that :D. The dealership is one of the best dealerships I've come across . Service is better then even toyota ( IMHO ). They're opening one in patiala soon. On road should be 27ish .

Model : Polo
Variant : GT TSi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 24th June 2013
Color : White
Delivery Date : 5-6 months
Dealer & City: VW Whitefield (Bangalore)
Freebies : Mats, mudflaps
Cash Discount : 0
On Road Cost : 9.7L
Insurance: Will decide once the car is realistically available

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvDriving (Post 3206050)
Make : Tata
Model : Vista D90
Variant : Vx
Booking Date : 10-August-2013
Color : Spice Red
Expected Delivery Date : 18th August
Dealer & City : Pandit Auto, Pune
Freebies : Nothing (yet)
Others : Corporate discount, dealer discount
OTR: 6.88L

I just got an sms from the dealer stating the VIN number. The car is manufactured in Jan 2013. I immediately called him to ask why is it a Jan model - his reply was that the D90 is not a fast selling car and hence its production is slow. Any inputs anyone ?

Mod team note: Please use Search to find the relevant thread. Thanks.

Hello Everyone,

Have been looking for a car for the family for long hauls - I regularly drive from Bangalore to Kanyakumari (my native place is just 40 kms before KK and my son is studying there as well) so have a definite 1300 kms in the bag every 30 - 45 days. Did a TD of the XUV 500 and was hooked, equally important, the wife loved it as well. Started reading about the XUV and saw a lot of sites comparing the XUV to the Duster (which none of us were very fond of). Spent a lot of time on TBHP XUV Niggles (145 pages and counting) bit still was hooked. Finally, have decided to take the plunge and am working with the dealer (Anant Cars, Bangalore) to sort out the finances - hope to book the W8-2WD on Saturday
I read many posts about insurance premiums being as low as 22K. The dealer gave me 40K for an ICICI Zero Dep with Roadside etc a similar one I was able to obtain from Royal Sundaram independently. Even when I have checked with other companies, all premiums south of 40 K are NOT Zero Dep. Was wondering if somebody could provide any light - Or what was the premium paid by an recent buyer.
Also read the article of y'day http://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahindr...v500-crossover where the new XUV would address some old niggles. Any idea which manufacturing month onwards would these be available
The only discounts that I am getting currently is on insurance and 8000/- corporate discount and some minor accessories :(. Any more tips would be most welcome - planning to book on Saturday 24/08

Also, in my previous cars, the dealer provided the sun film, but from the thread, I guess most owners have got theirs done from outside.

Have already downloaded the PDI posted by SDP (extremely comprehensive - great work - dont know how much would be practically possible though, the 2-3 times that I visited the showroom all deliveries were set for 5 PM:( )

Any pointers would be great and thanks in advance. Looking forward to becoming part of the XUV experience (without niggles hopefully :thumbs up)

Mods, my apologies for the long post as well as posting this here (as I haven't bought the vehicle, it isn't a niggle per se) if incorrect, please move this to another thread and advise

Cheers & Thanks

Couldn't wait anymore for Octavia, finally booked Jetta TDi Trendline.

Delivery in a week.

model: Dec 2012
On road cost in hyd: 16lakhs
Color: Reflex silver metalic

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvDriving (Post 3215298)
I just got an sms from the dealer stating the VIN number. The car is manufactured in Jan 2013. I immediately called him to ask why is it a Jan model - his reply was that the D90 is not a fast selling car and hence its production is slow. Any inputs anyone ?

Look at other dealers if that is an option. a TATA car lying idle for almost 8 months is not worth the money you are spending. Just my 2 cents.

If this is the only option, bargain hard for more discounts.

After much deliberation and thought, couldn't muster enough courage to go for a European car (After sales woes etc.) and went with the national engine of India :)

Make : Maruti
Model : Dzire
Variant : Zdi (No compromises with security)
Booking Date : 23 August
Color : Glistening Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 28 August
Dealer & City : Acer Motors, Hyderabad
Freebies : None except a corporate discount of Rs.6000/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by smanis (Post 3215802)

Hello Everyone,

Have been looking for a car for the family for long hauls
|
|

Cheers & Thanks

I believe there is a updated version coming out of the XUV in the sense of fixing the small niggles( No cosmetic update) so you might as well wait a month and try to source a newer model!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg (Post 3216963)

I believe there is a updated version coming out of the XUV in the sense of fixing the small niggles( No cosmetic update) so you might as well wait a month and try to source a newer model!

Thanks for the tip. I will be visiting the dealer today, will check it out. Only catch is that I have 2-3 major runs planned from 15th Sept and the only way to get delivery by 10th is to book now (as per dealer). As per him, he doesn't have stock of the reqd Colour / variant and has to load an order and get, so will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best

My mom is going to replace her 9 year old Xing with ;

Make: Hyundai
Model: Verna
Variant: VTVT 1.6 SX (O) (Fully Loaded) with the New Verna Alloys.
Transmission: Automatic
Color: Phantom Black
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 23rd August
Expected Date of Arrival: 15th September
OTR Cost: Approx. 12 lakhs.
Freebies and discounts: 5k discount for loyalty (My mom bought her Xing from the same dealer ) and another 15k for something else. Total 20k discount.
10k worth holiday package also included. No details on that.

All the new Vernas are going to come with the new wheels. Took a pic of the alloys of a white Verna that was going to be delivered soon.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-new-verna-rims.jpg

Model : Polo
Variant : GT TSi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 27th August 2013
Color : Black
Delivery Date : 8 weeks
Dealer & City: KSM Motors (Chembur - Mumbai)
Freebies : none.. will match insurance quote from 3rd party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smanis (Post 3216977)

Thanks for the tip. I will be visiting the dealer today, will check it out. Only catch is that I have 2-3 major runs planned from 15th Sept and the only way to get delivery by 10th is to book now (as per dealer). As per him, he doesn't have stock of the reqd Colour / variant and has to load an order and get, so will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best

Hi, just got the VIN from the dealer today - it is MA1YT2HJUD6HXXXXX - from what I can decode it looks to be an August 2013 manufacture, crossing my fingers and going ahead!��