Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-176.html)

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model :Ertiga ZXI
Fuel : Petrol
Colour : Firebrick Red
Booking Date : 28-12-2013
Delivery Date : 04-01-2014
Original Price : 9.21 Lakhs
Freebies : 40k Cash Discount
10k Accessories ( Chose Seat Cover and Rear parking sensor,Floor Mats)
3rd and 4th year Extended Warranty Free

Paid Accessories : Rear Spoiler , Under Body anti Rust Coating (3M) ( 9,500 Rs)

Total Price after discounts : 8,89,500 Rs.

Booked a Silver Hyundai I20 Asta at Vinayak Hyundai Madras for my parents.
October 2013 model. Asta variant with 2 airbags, ABS and all the bells and whistles.
Vinayak Hyundai Madras is owned by the same people as Vinayak Skoda Bangalore from whom I bought my car.
Price: 7.43 on road.
Exchanging 8 year old Indica diesel DLG Turbo 2006 model.
Benefits - about 2.5l including the old car being exchanged. Plus some regular freebies.
Likely delivery of vehicle - third week Jan 2014.

i am announcing it a bit late; as i did my booking in december 2013.
anyways booked a vento tsi in shadow blue or black colour (
which ever was available at the earliest.(heart goes for the black since i already own a black i10 magna automatic with kappa engine.)paid 75k, expecting to finalise things soon. otr 12.41lacs in chennai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3341869)
Booked a Silver Hyundai I20 Asta at Vinayak Hyundai Madras for my parents.
October 2013 model.
Price: 7.43 on road.
Benefits - about 2.5l including the old car being exchanged. Plus some regular freebies.

Great deal IMO. I assume this is i20 CRDi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaureanBull (Post 3327515)
Lots of consideration...ups and downs... cancelled Ecosport and booked XUV5OO W6! Make : Mahindra Model : XUV Variant : W6 Fuel : Diesel Color : Moondust Silver Expected Delivery Date : Mid-March (by choice and as per requirement) else available in 3-4 weeks Dealer & City :Pratik Automobiles, Ranchi Freebies :Not yet finalised. Others : Through CSD

Can you please help me understand how the offer from CSD works?
My father in law is an ex serviceman, and he was mentioning we don't have to pay tax and he is not sure how much percentage or how this is calculated.
So my questions are what is the percentage of benefit from CSD is that the road tax and registration fees?
Should the car be registered on father in laws name?
If not can the vehicle be registered on my wife's name she holds a smart card / ID card for CSD purchase?

Cheers!

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Swift
Variant: Vdi
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 07th Jan 2014
Colour: White
Expected Delivery Date: 17th Jan 2014
Dealer & City: Rana Motors Private Limited, New Delhi
Freebies: Yet to negotiate. On the delivery day.
Others: Discounts close to Rs.40, 000/- (Loyalty discount for already owning an Esteem (applies on any car from the Maruti Stable) + I have opted for a Dec 2013 make)

I have applied for the finance a little later. By chance, if the 17th Jan delivery date is missed, the "D" day will move to 1st week of Feb. My parents are very particular about it because of the auspicious reasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3284745)
Make : Honda
Model : All-new 2014 City
Variant : TBD
Fuel : Earth Dreams i-DTEC Diesel
Booking Date : 04/11/2013
Color : Either Urban Titanium or Bold Beige
Expected Delivery Date : January 2014
Freebies : None what-so-ever
Accessories Planned: None
Price : ~9.50-10.00L OTR
Booking Amount : 21,000/- (fully refundable)
Dealership : Shubh Honda

This booking stood cancelled as of 19/12/2013, and received the booking amount as full refund on 27/12/2013.

Instead, went to the Hyundai showroom to check out their two bestselling premium hatches and finalised this for my wife:-

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta (O)
Booking Date : 17/01/2013
Color : Bronze Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 06/02/2013
Freebies : Car cover, floor mats, perfume, underbody anti-rust (in writing)
Discounts : 20,000 Exchange Bonus, 10,000 Loyalty Bonus, 15,000 Consumer Offer = Total 45,000/- off (in writing)
Accessories Planned: None, since it's the topmost variant
Price : 7.94 OTR, but 7.49L after discounts.
Dealership : Shivnath Hyundai

^^Why you cancelled your booking? Not impressed with the car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sameerg001 (Post 3347903)
^^Why you cancelled your booking? Not impressed with the car?

Yep. I had blindly booked it on 07/11/13, and the 25/11 unveil + subsequent checking-it-out-in-person in December didn't impress me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3347912)
Yep. I had blindly booked it on 07/11/13, and the 25/11 unveil subsequent checking-it-out-in-person in December didn't impress me.

Congrats on the i20 ,Avinash. The new Honda City did not impress me too. Especially the looks.BTW, are you replacing replacing any of your current cars?I have read you will go for some compact SUV selling both your cars.
Regards
Sreehari

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3342202)
Great deal IMO. I assume this is i20 CRDi.

The Petrol Asta was preferred being much more refined and comfy to drive around daily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shk 8896 (Post 3347916)
Congrats on the i20 ,Avinash. The new Honda City did not impress me too. Especially the looks.BTW, are you replacing replacing any of your current cars?I have read you will go for some compact SUV selling both your cars.
Regards
Sreehari

Thanks, my friend.

We will be selling off our second M800, which has seen a 10-year successful run.

All our newer cars will be retained - 2011 DZire ZXI, 2012 City CE, 2012 Ritz VDI and 2013 i20 Magna O.

I was thinking of getting rid of the Ritz since our daily runs doesn't warrant a diesel and getting the EcoSport, but the package wasn't that impressive in person.

Glad I didn't go ahead with the booking there or I might have had to wait till 2015 or 2016 to get the car at twice the original price!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
Make : Honda
Model : All-new 2014 City
Variant : TBD
Fuel : Earth Dreams i-DTEC Diesel
Booking Date : 04/11/2013
Color : Either Urban Titanium or Bold Beige
Expected Delivery Date : January 2014
Freebies : None what-so-ever
Accessories Planned: None
Price : ~9.50-10.00L OTR
Booking Amount : 21,000/- (fully refundable)
Dealership : Shubh Honda
This booking stood cancelled as of 19/12/2013, and received the booking amount as full refund on 27/12/2013.

Instead, went to the Hyundai showroom to check out their two bestselling premium hatches and finalised this for my wife:-

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : Asta (O)
Booking Date : 17/01/2013
Color : Bronze Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 06/02/2013
Freebies : Car cover, floor mats, perfume, underbody anti-rust (in writing)
Discounts : 20,000 Exchange Bonus, 10,000 Loyalty Bonus, 15,000 Consumer Offer = Total 45,000/- off (in writing)
Accessories Planned: None, since it's the topmost variant
Price : 7.94 OTR, but 7.49L after discounts.
Dealership : Shivnath Hyundai
Congrats, on this booking. I have a similar variant of i20 and I rarely see people going ahead and buying Asta(o). I can assure you that you will not regret the decision of buying and owning this car, it is a delight to drive. I have done more than 30000kms in one and half years and the ownership has been trouble free till date and I see no major issues in future as well. When are you taking the delivery. My experience says most dealers order it from the factory when they have confirmed booking with them as the car is hardly in demand as most of the buyers settle for Asta variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mints21 (Post 3347956)
. My experience says most dealers order it from the factory when they have confirmed booking with them as the car is hardly in demand as most of the buyers settle for Asta variant.

Absolutely right. And the only reasons (in our particular case)for this choice are;
1. Two to three month waiting period post booking
2. Sunroof which don't really need
3. No disc brakes at rear in the petrol MT variant
I also like the Asta (O) and the fifty grand extra is not too much to swallow. But the Asta normal just wins by a short head, as they say in horse racing circles!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mints21 (Post 3347956)
Congrats, on this booking. I have a similar variant of i20 and I rarely see people going ahead and buying Asta(o). I can assure you that you will not regret the decision of buying and owning this car, it is a delight to drive. I have done more than 30000kms in one and half years and the ownership has been trouble free till date and I see no major issues in future as well. When are you taking the delivery. My experience says most dealers order it from the factory when they have confirmed booking with them as the car is hardly in demand as most of the buyers settle for Asta variant.

Thanks, my friend. I was a bit apprehensive about the sunroof, it's maintenance and its utility in our climate, but 6 airbags is a tough feature to overlook. There's no cost for safety, given the wafer-thin build of the current generation Asian cars, and we thought the additional cash was worth it. Plus, the dealership owner turned out to be an old acquaintance of Dad's so he gave us a great offer on discounts, which made us feel we are getting the Asta (O) at almost the Asta's pricing!

The dealer quoted 3 weeks since there was a Bronze Asta (O) available at the Chennai plant as per his knowledge, but will clarify the same tomorrow and give us an exact date. He said that the Asta (O) was usually made-to-order, but there were some last-minute cancellations in December and as far as he knew, at least 2-3 Asta (O) variants are available, one of them in Bronze.

Final clarification by tomorrow. If all of them are allotted/gone, and there's a 2-3 month waiting, we shall revert to the Asta. Shade stays the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3348007)
Absolutely right. And the only reasons (in our particular case)for this choice are;
1. Two to three month waiting period post booking
2. Sunroof which don't really need
3. No disc brakes at rear in the petrol MT variant
I also like the Asta (O) and the fifty grand extra is not too much to swallow. But the Asta normal just wins by a short head, as they say in horse racing circles!

Yes, it's a dampener that the highest variant doesn't get discs at the rear (Hyundai should have provided them IMO, could have made the 50K difference a bit more VFM). 6 Airbags + Sunroof + rear discs would have made the Asta (O) 100% perfect.