Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-183.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by indikid (Post 3400164)
After running around from dealer to dealer, I finally settled on Maruti! :D Booked my car a few days back...
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Swift
Variant : Zxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 24th March 2014
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 31st March 2014
Dealer & City : C.A.R.S India
Freebies : Side moulding with swift embossed on it
Others : 20K discount
Salesmen were very stubborn about dropping the price any further. Checked with other dealers but seems like the dealership association has fixed a max of 20k discounts on the car. All dealers seem to be singing the same song! :Frustrati Trying to get some more discounts through a contact. Car comes with 3yr warranty and Zero depreciation insurance...

Hi Indikid, Congrats on the purchaseclap:. Quite surprising to see that a discount was offered on Swift and side moulding offered as freebie! Lucky for you!!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh.n (Post 3400957)
Hi Indikid, Congrats on the purchaseclap:. Quite surprising to see that a discount was offered on Swift and side moulding offered as freebie! Lucky for you!!:)

Thanks Adarsh! I'm eagerly waiting for the delivery! :D The dealer gave me a 10k discount due to the cut in excise duty (most other manufactures have given 15k for the segment) and another 10k to take the car before the month ends. Hope I get the car by then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by A350XWB (Post 3392410)
Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV 500
Variant : W8 AWD
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 13-Mar-2014
Color : Dolphin Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 4-Apr-2014
Dealer & City : Anant Cars, BG Road, Bangalore
On Road Price:
17.52L (After discounts)

Hey..Congrats!!! Excellent upgrade from Figo. I did couple of long test drives and like it a lot. Had it not been for the budget, I would gone for it.

I am sure you will be going through sleepless nights awaiting for this beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raviacc2825 (Post 3393552)
I got the booking changed to diesel SX(O).

Delivery date will be 20 April for my xcent. He is giving me an option for verna 1.4 petrol CX model for 8 lacs 90 thousand. Xcent is costing me 8lacs 31 thousand.

My First car

Make : Hyundai
Model : Xcent
Variant : S
Booking Date : 30th March 2014
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 30th April 2014
Dealer & City : Kun Hyundai Anna Nagar Chennai
Freebies : None
Others : None

Booked my car after mulling over lots of options..

Variant : S(O)
Booking Date : 31th March 2014
Color : Whitw
Expected Delivery Date : After 1.5 months
Dealer & City : Ketan Hyundai Nagpur
Others : against 100% refund on cancellation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3401166)
Hey..Congrats!!! Excellent upgrade from Figo. I did couple of long test drives and like it a lot. Had it not been for the budget, I would gone for it.
I am sure you will be going through sleepless nights awaiting for this beast.

Thanks a ton Arun. Actually, my housing loan got over just now and that's the reason I could afford it :D
Anyway, got the vehicle last Friday (28th March) and am just back after a trip to Thirthahalli. 1050 kms in the first 3 days and am all smiles. Now spotting time :)

I finally booked Mars Red Titanium(O) on 30th March. The Ganges Ford SA promised me delivery at the end of May which sounds too good to be true. The other dealer (Kaikan) SA was laughing when he heard the 2 month quote while he called me up today to enquire about my booking :eek:Few things bothering me now are:Lets see what happens, only time will tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 3402620)
Booked my car after mulling over lots of options..

Variant : S(O)
Booking Date : 31th March 2014
Color : Whitw
Expected Delivery Date : After 1.5 months
Dealer & City : Ketan Hyundai Nagpur
Others : against 100% refund on cancellation.

Congrats on the booking.
Didn't know Xcent came in a diesel as well. Is it the same as the Grand i10 diesel's motor?

Quote:

Didn't know Xcent came in a diesel as well. Is it the same as the Grand i10 diesel's motor?
Yep its same motor, but with minor tweaks.

Had to replace my 10 year old Wagon R, which hasn't been the same since it met with an accident an year ago. Needed a smallish hatchback for my office commute and local errands. Evaluated a few options, test drove some of those and decided to go with either the i20 or Grand i10. The price tag and the fact that i20 is due for an overhaul tilted me towards the Grand i10.

Model : Grand i10
Variant : Asta (O)
Booking Date : 05-Apr-2014
Color : Wine Red
Expected Delivery Date : 2 weeks
Dealer & City : KUN UNITED, Kondapur, Hyderabad
Ex-Showroom Price : 551,053
On Road Price : 642,997
Discounts : None
Freebies : Mats, Seat Cover, Teflon coating, Underbody coating
Insurance : The salesperson was categorical that I need to get it done through them for at least first year. Planning to shop around for zero-dep and ask them to match.
Logistics & Facilitation Charge: Nearly 9 K. Is this normal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by A350XWB (Post 3402895)
Thanks a ton Arun. Actually, my housing loan got over just now and that's the reason I could afford it :D
Anyway, got the vehicle last Friday (28th March) and am just back after a trip to Thirthahalli. 1050 kms in the first 3 days and am all smiles. Now spotting time :)

No house loan is a big relief any time. Sure, I will look around for your ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Notyetgrey (Post 3407666)
Evaluated a few options, test drove some of those and decided to go with either the i20 or Grand i10. The price tag and the fact that i20 is due for an overhaul tilted me towards the Grand i10.
Logistics & Facilitation Charge: Nearly 9 K. Is this normal?

Congratulations.
How much have they quoted for insurance?
The handling charges in Gurgaon is 7990. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by promit (Post 3408620)
Congratulations.
How much have they quoted for insurance?

For a non zero dep insurance, they are quoting nearly 19K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by promit (Post 3408620)

Isnt that illegal? There was an SC ruling which banned the dealers from charging the logistics/handling/faciliatation (Whatever you call it) charges. I thought the owners are going to oppose it but I see here people willingly paying it. Beats me.