Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-185.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by confused_soul (Post 3423004)
OTR Price: Rs. 881,097
Delivery in 3 weeks

Congrats on the Thar. Hope you won't face any problems. My daily ride to college is a Thar. We haven't faced any significant issues apart from the coolant finishing too fast. Also my friend had bought it for 8,20,000 in August. So Mahindra has raised the price by 50k it seems.

Hope you enjoy your Thar!
Cheers.

PM if you want to go offroad with us any time.

Hi everyone. First post on Team-BHP. Take it easy on me if I step on any toes unintentionally. My name is Amit and I currently live in Chennai.

I've booked my car recently and am awaiting delivery. I wanted a practical no-nonsense car which anyone in my family could drive, was easy on the pocket but not a downright drag. Had to be spacious for occupants with good visibility all around and small turning radius. Plus it has to have a good resale as I will be leaving Chennai in a couple of years, so I intend to dispose off the car here; God willing, will be able to afford a better car by then back home. This is the first car I am buying, and despite it being a regular car-of-the-masses hatchback, it holds a special place in my heart. My wife is expecting and the baby's due in August. I wanted the freedom to be able to take my wife to the hospital without depending on anyone else / taxi and to bring my precious child back home in his/her papa's own car. That may sound a bit stupid and immature, but that's how I felt. I'm sorry I'm not eloquent enough to explain, but I'm sure some here will understand the feeling. Anyway, it's a Maruti Wagon R.

I'm not a "car" person, at least not yet, and consider myself more of a biker. I've been riding since I was in 8th standard when I managed to con my dad into handing over his Yamaha RX 100 to me (on the premise that i could attend school and tuition more punctually and save time for self study... meh!) That bike liberated me like nothing I had felt before and I will always have a special place in my heart for it. This was followed by a Pulsar in 2002 (college) and then I graduated to more serious biking in 2008 with a Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 5S. Am still madly in love with the Bullet and love going out for trips whenever I can. Haven't done the Himalayan Odyssey yet but mostly 300-500 km trips as my profession doesn't allow me to be away from work for very long. Plus, I'm a very leisurely rider (I roll rather than rip) and a Bullet loses it's grand appeal when you try covering distance in haste.

I came to know of Team-BHP during my research for a car to buy, and was hooked. The quality of this community is exceptional and I knew I had to be part of the family. I've only parasitized information from the site so far for my own education, but I hope one day I can start contributing to this community.

So once again, Hello everyone. Nice to meet you.

Quote:

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Wagon R
Variant : VXi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 22 April 2014
Color : Glistening Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 10 May 2014
Dealer & City : Kapico Maruti, Chennai
Freebies : Mud Flaps, Floor mats, Full body cover, Perfume, Steering Cover (Will try haggling for more during PRI)
Others : Rs. 25000 off (Consumer offer by Maruti Suzuki); Have opted for Bumper-to-Bumper zero depreciation Insurance Cover from Dealer; Extended Warranty 2+2 = 4 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrthodocX (Post 3426513)
Hi everyone. First post on Team-BHP. Take it easy on me if I step on any toes unintentionally. My name is Amit and I currently live in Chennai.

I'm not a "car" person, at least not yet, and consider myself more of a biker.

The quality of this community is exceptional and I knew I had to be part of the family. I've only parasitized in

Welcome to the community Doctor saar.

Best of luck on your booking of the car and hope it serves you well. :)

And all the very best to you and your wife for becoming proud parents in a few months' time. :)

And BTW, like you, I am also a biker rather than a car enthusiast, though the occasional drive does give me a kick.

Hi Folks,

After going through some wonderfully informative and detailed ownership reports, official reviews, my search of @ 6 to 8 months has ended. Decided to follow my heart - booked the new Fiat Linea 2014. Details below,

Make : Fiat
Model : New Linea 2014
Variant : Emotion
Booking Date : 5th May 2014
Color : Magnesio Grey
Expected Delivery Date : @ 1 month max.
Dealer & City : Pandit Auto, Pune
Freebies : under discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSD2122 (Post 3428570)
Hi Folks,

After going through some wonderfully informative and detailed ownership reports, official reviews, my search of @ 6 to 8 months has ended. Decided to follow my heart - booked the new Fiat Linea 2014. Details below,

Congratulations on the Tjet. Its a cracker of a car. What is the final OTR ? No discounts ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by F150 (Post 3428580)
Congratulations on the Tjet. Its a cracker of a car. What is the final OTR ? No discounts ?

Thanks F150. Final negotiations underway for freebies & discounts. Expecting Final OTR a little under 9L after considering exchange of my old car.

Excuse any typos as I am replying from my note II.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSD2122 (Post 3428570)
Hi Folks,

Congrats on the Linea.
BTW, are you buying the older 1.4 FIRE or TJet ?
Sreehari

Thanks shk 8896. New Linea 2014 comes only with Tjet if I am not wrong.

Gents,
Ive just booked a Swift ZDI

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Variant: ZDI
Color: Grey
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 07/05/2014
EDD: 3-4 days
Dealer: Bharat Motors, Mangalore

Final OTR: 8.17L excl. Ext Warranty

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 3423108)
Congrats on the Thar. Hope you won't face any problems. My daily ride to college is a Thar. We haven't faced any significant issues apart from the coolant finishing too fast. Also my friend had bought it for 8,20,000 in August. So Mahindra has raised the price by 50k it seems.

Hope you enjoy your Thar!
Cheers.

PM if you want to go offroad with us any time.

Facing problems with the delivery of the Thar. Was promised delivery in three weeks time I.e. by the 8th of May. Checked with them today and got to know the delivery date being pushed to mid June :Frustrati. Raised a fuss so will get a final confirmation by Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik Mathur (Post 3426579)
Welcome to the community Doctor saar.

Best of luck on your booking of the car and hope it serves you well. :)

And all the very best to you and your wife for becoming proud parents in a few months' time. :)

And BTW, like you, I am also a biker rather than a car enthusiast, though the occasional drive does give me a kick.

Thank you Karthik.

Went for PRI yesterday. Saw the car for the first time. Looks perfect. Love the color. Was worth waiting for. Checked the VIN and decoded using Team-BHP tool. Date of manufacturing turns out to be April 2014, so fresh out of the oven! Signed Form 20 and picked out accessories for fitment.

1. 4 Sensor Reverse Proximity Sensor with Display
2. Art Leather two-tone Beige and Black Seat covers
3. Full Body Cover
4. Floor Mats
5. Mud flaps
6. Perfume

(All MGA)

They'll send it for registration tomorrow, number plates will be ready by tuesday. I'm stuck with work till tuesday anyway, so will take delivery on Wednesday.

Another pleasant surprise was that Maruti has upped the discount from 25000 in April (at booking) to 30000 this month, so I got an additional 5000 off.
Am going to use that to get myself some accessories like a phone charger, as well as a dash mounted phone cradle. I use a Note 3, so the cradle has to be big enough; and I don't want a windscreen mounted cradle for multiple reasons. Any suggestions for both?

Quote:

Originally Posted by confused_soul (Post 3431325)
Facing problems with the delivery of the Thar. Was promised delivery in three weeks time I.e. by the 8th of May. Checked with them today and got to know the delivery date being pushed to mid June :Frustrati. Raised a fuss so will get a final confirmation by Monday.

We too were given delivery after a lot of delay. The car was supposed to be delivered by mid-July but they postponed it to August 15! There is not much you can do about it.
Hope you get the delivery soon.
Btw whose your dealer? Ours was NBS andheri west.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean5545 (Post 3431826)
We too were given delivery after a lot of delay. The car was supposed to be delivered by mid-July but they postponed it to August 15! There is not much you can do about it.
Hope you get the delivery soon.
Btw whose your dealer? Ours was NBS andheri west.

Have booked it with G3 Motors Kandivali

I'm a little bit late to post the booking details. Still, here goes...

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : Ecoboost Titanium Plus
Booking Date : 19th Oct 2013
Color : Moon-dust Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 16th May 2014
Dealer & City : Kairali Ford, Thrissur, Kerala
Freebies : None
Others : None

Got delivery of the car today. All in all it was a pleasant experience. The staff was very courteous and I couldn't sense any intention to con me so far. There was only one hitch... the owner's manual had a lot of overwriting (they had used correction ink and written over it). They tried to pass it off with a signature certifying the changes in the manual but I refused to take the manual in that condition and have asked them for a fresh one without any overwriting. The dealer said they don't have spare manuals as each comes with its respective car. So to get a fresh one they have to apply to Maruti (Delhi) Is this true? They've promised to furnish the same within 2 weeks time. I got them to write the same in the delivery challan and got signature and stamp from dealer.

At delivery, one the sales executives took a snap me with the car and disappeared. One of the staff came and did a proper Puja and aarti, and I handed over the box of sweets I had taken with me to the staff there as a token of thanks. Just before I was about to drive off the guy who had taken my pic came back with a the photo in a nice glass frame with a stand! It was a nice gesture and I appreciated it. With that, I thanked everyone and drove straight to the petrol pump and filled her up. Next thing was tyre pressure check and just like team bhp members had predicted, tyres were overinflated with an average pressure of 48! Got all 5 tyres inflated to 32, took her out for a spin and had a wonderful time. I wonder why these guys put in such a high pressure?

Next agenda is getting myself some essential aftermarket accessories. So anyway, my first car is home, and I'm a happy man...