Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-202.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINTAIL (Post 3708384)
Whoa- That's superb! :)

20k cash discount is a bit low. My SA in Pune was talking about giving a 90HP; 2015 model year- at 7.9 lakhs.

In exotica red; as well :D

Wow. That's a great price for a Punto 90hp. Is the Punto cheaper in pune ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusionbang (Post 3708102)
Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV5OO
Variant : W8

Congratulations and best wishes, fusionbang. Explore and enjoy your silver Cheetah. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3684837)
Make : Maruti

Model : New Alto K10

Variant : VXi AMT

Fuel : Petrol

Booking Date : 13th April, 2015

Booking Amount: Rs 5000/-

Color : Fire Brick Red

Expected Delivery Date : Mid-May, 2015

Dealer & City : Varun Motors, Hyderabad.

OTR Price: 4.87L

Freebies : Mud Flaps, idol/perfume.

Accessories planned: Seat cover, steering cover, foot mats, Remote central locking.

Congrats!
Cars have become expensive nowadays. OTR price of my Swift vxi in 2008 was 4.8 lacs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 3708406)
Congratulations and best wishes, fusionbang. Explore and enjoy your silver Cheetah. :)

Thank you so much sir😊 You are one of them in this forum who has indirectly helped me in acquiring this cheetah, your enthusiasm has blown me away.

Will get in touch with you for any queries, I have your contact number😁 and if possible meet you in person. Thanks once again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusionbang (Post 3708413)
You are one of them in this forum who has indirectly helped me in acquiring this cheetah, your enthusiasm has blown me away.

Thanks a lot for the compliments and nice words, fusionbang.

Quote:

if possible meet you in person.
You are always welcome. I will be in Bangalore for another month or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj (Post 3708386)
Wow. That's a great price for a Punto 90hp. Is the Punto cheaper in pune ?

Well; in theory; the Punto should be cheaper in Delhi. You know; buying a car in Delhi is extremely cheap- as compared to buying the very same car; say in Bangalore.

But; turns out the 90HP Punto in Pune is cheaper than the Punto 75 in Delhi!

How is it so?

Well- I can only attribute the following :

A] The Punto is made in Poona. :p

B] The relationship you have with the salesman. I've been pestering him for over six months to get a good deal; you know.

If I do end up buying; it'll be in October-November timeframe. You know; even more discounts.

But why am I not buying the Punto now itself?

It so happens that a dear friend has put up his W211 for sale. E200 Kompressor. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourabhzen (Post 3708412)
Contrasts!
Cars have become expensive nowadays. OTR price of my Swift vxi in 2008 was 4.8 lacs!

Thank you sir.

---------------------------------

An update: Sad one I feel,

Quote:

Make : Maruti

Model : New Alto K10

Variant : VXi AMT

Booking Date : 13th April, 2015

Color : Fire Brick Red

Expected Delivery Date : Mid-May, 2015
Still awaiting information regarding the car and its tentative delivery dates.

Same problem is with the colour choice. Brick red, cerulean blue and Orange are the least booked colours for the Alto as the major demand is for Silver, White and Grey. Due to this all the dealers in Hyderabad are ordering only for Silver, white and Grey.

We have contacted two more dealers to help us source the Brick red. The next latest lot of cars to be received in Hyderabad is in last week of May. In that lot if there is a brick red that will be delivered to us else we have to settle between White or Silver. :Frustrati:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3708541)
Thank you sir.

---------------------------------

An update: Sad one I feel,

Still awaiting information regarding the car and its tentative delivery dates.

Same problem is with the colour choice. Brick red, cerulean blue and Orange are the least booked colours for the Alto as the major demand is for Silver, White and Grey. Due to this all the dealers in Hyderabad are ordering only for Silver, white and Grey.

We have contacted two more dealers to help us source the Brick red. The next latest lot of cars to be received in Hyderabad is in last week of May. In that lot if there is a brick red that will be delivered to us else we have to settle between White or Silver. :Frustrati:Frustrati

Do give a complain to any of the regional offices of Maruti or at Anytime Maruti.
While purchasing Swift for Mom, we were having difficulties in getting a ZXi, One mail to Maruti did the trick and our car came within a week to the dealer stockyard.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3708880)
Do give a complain to any of the regional offices of Maruti or at Anytime Maruti.
While purchasing Swift for Mom, we were having difficulties in getting a ZXi, One mail to Maruti did the trick and our car came within a week to the dealer stockyard.

I have written to them already and have spoken to a guy from their head office too.

They are trying to get me the car by this month end and of my colour choice preference.

They are silent as to why this delay for the K10 in Red/Blue/Orange. May be the demand here is low for these colours hence shipments are low too to avoid dead inventory.

Booked the new Tata Nano XTA AMT in the new red shade for my SIL.

Make : Tata
Model : Nano (AMT)
Variant : XTA
Booking Date : 17/05/2015
Color : Red (forgot the exact name of the shade)
Expected Delivery Date : 30/05/2015
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Pune
Freebies : None so far
Price : ~ INR 3.5 lakhs OTR
Discount : None so far

Am I the first one to book the new Nano AMT?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusionbang (Post 3708102)
Update: Changed the booking to W8 version

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV5OO
Variant : W8
Expected Delivery Date : 18/05/2015

Congrats @Fusionbang, finally you took plunge and decided to go ahead with W8. Indeed you have made the right decision by going ahead with W8. Anyways I wish you have a great ride in days to come and don`t forget to start your ownership thread :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3709086)
Make : Tata
Model : Nano (AMT)
Variant : XTA
Booking Date : 17/05/2015

Am I the first one to book the new Nano AMT?:)

Congratulations sir BTW.

No I guess. Many have booked but not put an official booking entry in this thread.

I have booked it already and still in dilemma between K10 AMT and Nano AMT.

Awaiting your Nano's ownership report! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3709097)
I have booked it already and still in dilemma between K10 AMT and Nano AMT.

What is the price difference between them? They are very different cars, only thing common is AMT.
Nano is high on practicality, space, ease of sitting and driving, lower running costs.
K10 is fun to drive, power, refinement, better built quality.
All these qualities are exclusive to them, which means each one of it is absent from the other. Its your choice what you want from your car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulfi hansi (Post 3709114)

What is the price difference between them? They are very different cars, only thing common is AMT.

Alto K10 - 4.9L
Nano - 3.8L.

Almost a lac difference but the overall feel and ownership experience COULD be better with the Alto.

I am looking for a city car for my wife who currently drives an Alto LXi (2009 model). Though she doesn't like the Nano even a bit since it's launch, I'm considering it ONLY because of the AMT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonHawk (Post 3709096)
Congrats @Fusionbang, finally you took plunge and decided to go ahead with W8. Indeed you have made the right decision by going ahead with W8. Anyways I wish you have a great ride in days to come and don`t forget to start your ownership thread :).

Thank you so much DragonHawk, even I am happy with my decisionclap: Sure, I have already started my ownership thread as in Decision process, dealership experience and will complete the remaining things once I put my hands on the cheetah.lol:

Update: Will take delivery on 20th