Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-210.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 3766346)
Congrats my old and dear friend on your new purchase. Have a great time, drive safe, and do get ahead in life.

Thanks Vasudeva! Got the car today, and its awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlocked (Post 3766470)
Even we are running on the stock 165. Try to get the car with Bridgestones tyre, they are slightly better than the other OEMs.

Also don't put any seat covers as of now. The stock seat covers are one of the best. On some Swifts with seatcovers put on what I have noticed is that it takes away the side bolstering and there is no longer the feeling that the seats kind of hugs you. stupid:

Congratulations once again and wish you all the very best for your purchase!!
Though I am no expert but if you have any question, do ask me.

I got a car with JK tyres. Felt a bit disappointed, but in our Wagon R also the OE tyres were JK. They served well, I expect the them to serve me well on Swift too. If budget permits, shall upgrade to 185.

No seatcovers for an year or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3766498)
Great pricing for the Grand car!

Before making the final payment ask the SA to get you Bridgestone S248 or else look at Earth-1 in the stock size (they are priced around 3200 per tyre).

Avoid MRF and JK Tyres.

Could not get Bridgestone tyres, but got JK. JK on Wagon R served us well for quite sometime, even after deteriorating ride quality and noise, the grip was still good. If my budget permits, I shall upgrade to 185 section tyres of either Brigestone or Michelin. But not for a month or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 3766500)
Congrats on the car :)
Grand i10 was not too happy an experience ?

Grand i10 was not a pleasant experience, and after driving Swift today, it seems leagues apart and Swift actually seems to be an Upgrade!

@All : Thanks for your well wishes and support. Took delivery of White Swift today evening. Except one minor glitch, all is fine.
Drove the car for 30 kms. after evening and its awesome. More on it on Swift thread. Just one image here for reference. Sorry for image quality, taken from cell phone. Waggie and Swift parked in front of my home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 3767578)
@All : Thanks for your well wishes and support. Took delivery of White Swift today evening. Except one minor glitch, all is fine.

Congrats once again.

Can I know what is the 'minor glitch' you are referring too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sephiroth (Post 3767483)
Congratulations on your booking.

How long is the estimated wait?
I reside in Thane, and the VW dealer here estimates upwards of 6 weeks only for the GT TDI variant. All other variants would be available within 2 weeks.

Also, did you test-drive the regular TDI and GT TDI before you made a choice. I was only able to test-drive the regular variant since a GT test drive vehicle was not available.

I plan to book the GT in the next two weeks or so (probably without a test-drive) since I really liked the feel of the regular diesel and the additional price of the GT over it (high-line trim) is not too much to miss out on that added power.

Hey

I have already received the delivery of my Red GT last week. I did a TD of the regular Highline, the new vento that has the same engine tune as the GT as well as a GT TDI of a fellow BHPian Supriyo. Really liked the extra punch in the GT, and so bit the bullet. With zero cash discounts on the GT, compared to the over 50K discounts on the regular Polo, it was quite a big bullet to bite! stupid::)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigvishnu (Post 3770089)
I have already received the delivery of my Red GT last week. I did a TD of the regular Highline, the new vento that has the same engine tune as the GT as well as a GT TDI of a fellow BHPian Supriyo. Really liked the extra punch in the GT, and so bit the bullet. With zero cash discounts on the GT, compared to the over 50K discounts on the regular Polo, it was quite a big bullet to bite!

Great to know you already received delivery. Wish you countless thrills in your new beast. I'd be eagerly awaiting your initial ownership reports.

I also get why you decided to bite the bullet. A wallet 50k lighter is any day better that regretting settling for ones second choice. There would always be the question of "what if?"

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: Celerio
Variant: Zxi AMT
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 29th July 2015
Color: Silver
Delivery: End of August or early September
Dealer & City: ABT Maruti, Coimbatore
Freebies: None

Price Breakup:
Ex-Showroom: 5,09,313
Insurance: 17,431
Total On Road: 5,96,333

This is the 2nd car for local run-abouts, mainly to be used by wife. The main requirement was it has to be an AT. In the first round, evaluated the Nano AMT, K10 AMT and Celerio AMT. Ruled out Nano for the poor NVH and poor braking. Ruled out K10 AMT due to cramped rear legroom. Celerio looked like a good choice. But as AMT was only available in Vxi and there was no airbag/abs option available in the Vxi, expanded the search to Grand i10 AT, Brio AT and Micra CVT.

Of the three, Micra CVT scored well in safety, features and driveability. However, as the mileage is going to be very low - maybe 200 to 300km a month, wife rejected the idea of spending 8L on the Micra.

At this time, the Maruti SA called me and said Celerio Zxi variant now has AMT. This variant has driver side airbat (no ABS still). As the car is never going to be used on the highway, decided to compromise on the ABS and passenger airbag and finally booked the Celerio Zxi AMT. The waiting time is about 4 weeks. So, expecting delivery by end of August or early September.

Ok Guys
After much deliberation and lot of reading, booked my car as under :-
Make: Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: 1.6 VTVT SX +
Booking Date: 06th Aug 2015
Color: Stardust
Delivery: First week of September
Dealer & City: Berkley Hyundai, Chandigarh
Freebies: None

My thanks to all in forum for assisting me in my choice and special thanks to Raven Avi for his ownership thread and his many PMs with me.
After delivery, i plan to immediately take a long drive from Chandigarh to Raipur .
Am sure would be fun.
Will keep you update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3758567)
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : S Cross
Variant : DDiS200 Zeta
Booking Date : 14/07/2015
Color : Granite Gray
Expected Delivery Date : September 2015
Booking Amount : 11,000/-

Confirmed booking and updated

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20150809_142611.jpg

After a month of delibration, finally booked a Polo GT TDI. Details below:

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Polo GT
Variant : TDI
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 16/08/2015
Color : Carbon Steel (Preference)
Dealer & City : Global Gallarie - Volkswagen Thane
Freebies : Cost of essential accesories waived (mats, mudflaps, seat-cover, body-cover)
Others : 3k corporate discount

Pretty much everyone in the family were in two minds over Flash Red vs Carbon Steel. Turns out we are inherinly inclined towards sobriety. Carbon steel it is!!

Today being a sunday, will know by tomorrow if I have the colour of my choice in the stockyard. SA told there are 2 of the variant in the stockyard, but was not sure about the colours available.
A long wait (completely my doing). I get only weekends for bank business. Hope to have the loan sorted in 2 weeks time and delivery sometime first week of september.

Nore: Prices gone up by 10k since last month when I first took a TD. Not sure if I'll get the rumoured new features. link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3774461)
Confirmed booking and updated

Attachment 1401592

Congratulations!!

When is the expected delivery??
Also can the projectors on the alpha variant be fitted on the Zeta??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3781151)
Congratulations!!
When is the expected delivery??
Also can the projectors on the alpha variant be fitted on the Zeta??

Thanks. Expected delivery from the 2nd batch of cars, mid September.

HID projector and position lights as accessory is currently not available, speculations are will be available in a month or two.

Accessories too are not yet available or dispatched for dealers to know the exact details of each. Guess will take some time for the full list to be available.

Most important for me is the change of alloys and tires, the rest can wait:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3781251)
Thanks. Expected delivery from the 2nd batch of cars, mid September.

HID projector and position lights as accessory is currently not available, speculations are will be available in a month or two.

Accessories too are not yet available or dispatched for dealers to know the exact details of each. Guess will take some time for the full list to be available.

Most important for me is the change of alloys and tires, the rest can wait:)

Congratulations Volkman10! The wait is not too long and we will like to see your ownership review soon.:)

Am waiting for my Audi Q3Premium Plus white ,booked from Audi Kochi,hoping to get delivery this friday.Going to write a detailed report, soon as i get hold of the vehicle.

Booked my XUV500 W8 FWD -Sunset Orange today. Expected delivery in 1st week of September.

Booked the Ecosport today. The details:
Make: Ford
Model: Ecosport
Variant: Titanium 1.5 TiVCT AT
Color: White
Dealer & City: Talera Ford, Yerwada, Pune.
Discounts & Offers: Ecosport 200000 festival -12K cash
Comprehensive insurance at 34K down from 40K previously quoted.
Expected delivery: 30th August.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashua (Post 3785016)
Discounts & Offers: Ecosport 200000 festival -12K cash

I scratched me eyes twice while reading this. I guess you maybe added an extra 0 there.

Edit- my bad. Did not realise this is the 200k vehicle sold discount.