Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 12:23   #3376
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Congratulations Rohit.

Are you getting the 4th year warranty as well (for free)? Or is that in lieu of the cash discount?

Thanks,
Ajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV500
Variant : W8 FWD
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : March 12,2016
Color : Volcano Black
Expected Delivery Date : One Week
Dealer & City : Automotive Manufacturers Pvt.Ltd, Hyderabad
Freebies : Nothing (Pre-hike vehicle)
Others : Corporate Discount,Cash Discount(still negotiating for other discounts)
Old 14th March 2016, 12:29   #3377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Congratulations Rohit.

Are you getting the 4th year warranty as well (for free)? Or is that in lieu of the cash discount?

Thanks,
Ajay
Hi Ajay,

I will include that as well as part of my negotiations. I am bargaining real hard for some discounts. For now I have been promised the following:

Cash Discount - 10k
Corporate Discount - 8k
Price hike discount - 50k
Accessories - 15% off

Requested for freebies like Mud Flaps, Floor mats, Rain Visors, side moulding, but the dealer is not budging.

Anything else do I need to include as part of my bargaining ??

Last edited by rohit.joshi : 14th March 2016 at 12:30. Reason: Incomplete sentence
Old 14th March 2016, 12:31   #3378
BHPian

Congrats Rohit! That seems to be a very good deal!
Old 14th March 2016, 12:36   #3379
BHPian

Thanks Rohit.

Do keep an eye on the insurance amount he quotes.

I booked a W8 AWD Silver, in Mid-Feb in Bangalore. The final price was Rs. 19.10 lacs. It included the following:

1. Zero dep bumper to bumper insurance
2. 4th yr warranty
3. Accessories like- side steps, rear bull bar, reverse camera
4. Standard accessories like floor mats, idol, perfume bottle

Now the dealer is saying that he cannot offer me the 4th year warranty due to the post budget hike (some instructions from Mahindra) . I have written to Mahindra customer care, lets see what they say.

My vehicle was supposed to be delivered by end-Feb, if I am lucky, may get it by this weekend.

Cheers,
Ajay

Quote:
Hi Ajay,

I will include that as well as part of my negotiations. I am bargaining real hard for some discounts. For now I have been promised the following:

Cash Discount - 10k
Corporate Discount - 8k
Accessories - 15% off

Requested for freebies like Mud Flaps, Floor mats, Rain Visors, side moulding, but the dealer is not budging.

Anything else do I need to include as part of my bargaining ??
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 12:46   #3380
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rohit.

I booked a W8 AWD Silver, in Mid-Feb in Bangalore. The final price was Rs. 19.10 lacs. It included the following:

2. 4th yr warranty

Cheers,
Ajay
Hi Ajay,

The dealer has said he will match the insurance amount for whatever quote I get from outside. I am unable to decide which insurance company to go with. Did multiple searches in BuyInsurance& PolicyBazaar websites. I am getting one for 39k by Universal Sompo which includes, Zero Dep, Road side assistance and an IDV of 13,87,000(deducted 5% from ex-showroom). How's that insurance company in terms of claims and other insurance related incidents. Also can you please quote your insurance amount. Is the dealer giving standard accessories for free??Also dealer has tie up with SBI and they are offering SBI car loan for the same interest. Shall I go with them/ other branch of SBI. Please help me.

Sorry too many questions

Last edited by rohit.joshi : 14th March 2016 at 12:47.
Old 14th March 2016, 12:48   #3381
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rohit.

2. 4th yr warranty

Now the dealer is saying that he cannot offer me the 4th year warranty due to the post budget hike (some instructions from Mahindra) . I have written to Mahindra customer care, lets see what they say.

My vehicle was supposed to be delivered by end-Feb, if I am lucky, may get it by this weekend.

Cheers,
Ajay
A friend bought W8 AWD last year in March with similar accessories, after discounts it cost him 17.5, and now it is costing 1.5 L more, what a man got to earn to buy a decent car in this country.
Old 14th March 2016, 13:04   #3382
BHPian

Hi Zulfi,

Did he trade-in his existing car? Or was it the older model and hence he got a good discount? I guess between last March and this, prices have increased due to multiple reasons. I think Mahindra themselves raised the prices atleast once.

Hi Rohit,

Not sure about this insurance company. My dealer said that ICICI is a good one, but he also mentioned that they have 4 providers, and that they rotate policies among them. He came down to 44K, whereas, Policy Bazaar was giving a quote of ~40K for Bharati Axa. The dealer threw a google of "cashless" claims, and proceed to reduce some amount from accessories as compensation.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
A friend bought W8 AWD last year in March with similar accessories, after discounts it cost him 17.5, and now it is costing 1.5 L more, what a man got to earn to buy a decent car in this country.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 14th March 2016 at 13:07.
Old 14th March 2016, 13:40   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Zulfi,

Did he trade-in his existing car? Or was it the older model and hence he got a good discount? I guess between last March and this, prices have increased due to multiple reasons. I think Mahindra themselves raised the prices atleast once.

Hi Rohit,

Not sure about this insurance company. My dealer said that ICICI is a good one, but he also mentioned that they have 4 providers, and that they rotate policies among them. He came down to 44K, whereas, Policy Bazaar was giving a quote of ~40K for Bharati Axa. The dealer threw a google of "cashless" claims, and proceed to reduce some amount from accessories as compensation.
Cheers
Hi Ajay,
Mahindra raised it twice. Second time at the time of facelift. No old car in exchange and 2015 car bought in 2015. He had got a discount cash plus accessories worth about 80 k. BTW Bharati AXA gave me a good offer of cash less claim on my E280 CDI which is 8 years old as compared to other I checked.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 20:34   #3384
BHPian

Make : Maruti
Model : Celerio
Variant : ZXI AMT Option (Twin Airbags & ABS)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : March 10,2016
Color : Silver
Expected Delivery Date : Two Weeks (In transit since March 8)
Dealer & City : CARS India, Chennai
Freebies : Accessories worth 12000
Others : Corporate Discount,Cash Discount(15000)
Old 14th March 2016, 23:05   #3385
BHPian

Make: BMW
Model: 320d LCi
Variant : Prestige
Fuel : Diesel
Colour : Imperial Blue
Booking date: 12/3/16
Delivery planned: March End
Dealer : Bird Motors, Gurgaon
Quoted price : 40.9 OTR
Discounts: 6.4 lacs (includes Corporate + IMA+ Exchange bonus)
+ Insurance transfer of NCB (Approx rs 20K)
Old 17th March 2016, 10:20   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ajay,

Cash Discount - 10k
Corporate Discount - 8k
Accessories - 15% off
Hi Rohit,

Any updates. Any further discounts, especially around the extended warranty?

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 17th March 2016, 10:26   #3387
BANNED

Quote:
If I can answer on his behalf, He is been offered a Jan manufactured one, no discounts/freebies other than listed by him. Just decoded the VIN.

The dealership isn't responding to phone calls etc for arranging the car for the PDI.

IMO they are not happy to sell the car now as it will be the pre-price hike one.

All dealers are holding up stocks postponing deliveries etc to April 1st where the extra tax etc shall be levied.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 10:30   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If I can answer on his behalf, He is been offered a Jan manufactured one, no discounts/freebies other than listed by him. Just decoded the VIN.

The dealership isn't responding to phone calls etc for arranging the car for the PDI.

IMO they are not happy to sell the car now as it will be the pre-price hike one.

All dealers are holding up stocks postponing deliveries etc to April 1st where the extra tax etc shall be levied.
Ah ok. I was offered free 4th year warranty on my XUV500, and now the dealer says that I have to pay for the same. He says that this is as per instructions from Mahindra, inspite of the fact that mine is a mid-Feb booking. An email written to customer care last Saturday has been forwarded to their RSM in Bangalore on Monday, but remains unresolved.

My XUV is in transit, and lets see if they figure out a way to delay it further.

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 17th March 2016, 11:22   #3389
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rohit,

Cheers,
Ajay
Hi Ajay,

Unfortunately they scrapped the 10k cash discount, reason being I'm taking insurance from outside and they can't offer that discount. Rest all they have promised to deliver. Let's see what happens.
rohit.joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 12:13   #3390
BHPian

Time to bid goodbye to always humble, ever eager to serve, ABSOLUTE fuss free, supreme work ethics, never a let down, never attention seeking and a sheer darling...my Maruti 800 AC 2003. And of course my first car, my pride.

She was serving wifey dear while I moved on to the sheer delight called Ford Fiesta Zxi (rechristened as "Classic" before fading away) in 2010. Any interest in reading about that? you can read it here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ot-fiesta.html

Now that the Maruti was 12 year old, and being a Delhi registered car had a legal ~3 year life left, it was time to decide "when" rather than "should" we replace it.

Mechanically, and based on the condition of the car, it could very well add another 50K kilometer to the Odometer which is reading 85K as on date. The car does an average of 15 kilometers a day and is used to pick kids from school or to run some errands.

Buying a car has never been easy and it wasn't easy this time too. I am giving a quick summary of which options we looked at and why did we not go for that.

1. Renault Kwid : There is a lot of noise around this car with long waiting periods. Had a few spotting on the road and yes it's presence is definitely felt.

Dear folks, it took us a total of 5 minutes in and out of Renault showroom. The car is a con. Sounds like an aluminium canister when you close the doors. To make the matters worse, the display car was loaded with all "macho" accessories including chrome on front grill and what not.

The quality did not satisfy me and the looks horrified my wife. So thank you Renault, but this one is not for us.

2. Hyundai Grand i10 The car ticks most boxes. Of course looks very good (must add we did not look at old i10 at all primarily for its looks and being dated) and comes with very descent interiors and build quality.

It came very close to us (read "me") buying it but for my wife. She find herself very comfortable in a car that is sized not too big. Without getting too technical in size comparisons, let me just say she thought it was a tad bigger for her liking.

On top of that, the trim/variant that I thought would make sense was stretching the budget I had in mind. The Asta is 5.8 Ex-showroom and Asta AT is 6.5

Hyundai Eon and Maruti Alto K10 Her first inclination was towards these two cars only. More towards Alto K10 because she thought Eon looks way too puny and small on the road.

Honestly speaking, we did not spend too much time on these two cars. Did take a look at both of them while in the respective show-rooms but deep inside we knew that there has to be at least some "upgrade" when you are changing a car after 12 years.

Ford Figo The car is a stunner, for me it looks way better than even Grand i10. The 1.2 Trend MT variant was offering a lot of what I had in mind too at 5.2 Ex show room price. And being a Ford owner I knew the car is going to be nothing but pure fun to drive.

A few factors that went against Figo were, first of course that was true for Grand i 10 too..the size. A tad too bigger. I must add here that neat, state of the art gadgets inside the cabin does not matter much for wifey. She is clear in what she wants, needs a reliable car which takes her from point A to point B comfortably and to the extent safely.

And than the world famous apathy of Ford Dealers who takes forever to respond to queries let alone being pro-active.

And now the winner...

Maruti Suzuki Celerio Zxi AMT (or AGS )

Truth be told, Celerio came as an after thought. Asked her to check out the Automatic. Though to begin with she thought she doesn't need an automatic. After all she has to drive a maximum of 15 kilometers a day in non-peak hours. But one test drive and she said...."Yeah..I could get used to it "

The Official review page on Team-BHP said only Zxi make sense and I can't agree more. However, I wanted a Zxi Optional that comes with two airbags (instead of one in the Zxi) and an ABS. I rang up all Maruti Dealers in Gurgaon and Delhi and none had that in stock. To make the matter worse, none were committal as to when they can make one available. Promises ranging from one month to more than two months.

After a week long deliberation, I settled for Zxi. Thank you for reading the long post, now to the customary details.

Car: Maruti Suzuki Celerio Zxi AMT
Color: Glistening Grey
Dealer: Rohan Motors, Gurgaon
Ex Showroom: 510160
Discount: 22000 + 2100 (corporate)
Waiting Period:3 weeks
Going to be on the company vehicle lease plan, so my employer would be the "official" owner for 3 years and than it will be transferred to my name after I pay a buyback amount.

Happy motoring folks.

Last edited by New.Novice : 18th March 2016 at 12:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks