Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-234.html)

Make : Renault
Model : Duster
Variant : RXS 85PS
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 24 Aug 2016
Color : Golden Brown
Expected Delivery Date : 30 Aug 2016 clap:
City : Kolkata
Freebies : Reverse parking sensor with camera (and not a thing else )
Discount : Total of around 92K plus a good resale of my out of state Heartbeat

So I move from American to French :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4043814)
The other thing, Jettas spend some time at the customs so any Jetta at the time of delivery is already a few months old.

I thought Jetta was CKD production and not CBU. Confused how customs could be involved here!

Congrats!! Good choice, please share the overall experience and photographs of your new car once you get the delivery!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4045186)
I thought Jetta was CKD production and not CBU. Confused how customs could be involved here!

That was my doubt too. My guess is the VIN number is assigned to the unit in Germany and hence the first letter is W. In that case shipping and customs duration is a definite time lag. Experts, please clarify where and when VIN is assigned. This could help me to take up wity dealer.

After negotiations I got some discount (can't disclose in public) and took delivery of the Blue beauty (Jetta 1.4 TSI CL) yesterday.
Overall dealership experience 8/10. Detailed ownership report to follow. Thanks everyone for their contribution to this decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by promit (Post 4027430)
Our third Hyundai is coming soon.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Creta
Variant : 1.6 SX+ MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 31st July 2016
Color : Sleek Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 4-6 weeks
Dealer & City : Safdarjang Hyundai, Gurgaon
Freebies : None
Others : None

The car was scheduled to come in the second half of September. Just changed my booking today to the Automatic variant. On road is now Rs 14.73L. The wait just got a bit longer. :uncontrol

After a delibration of close to 6 months and test drive of many auto transmission cars and going through every single new car review page of t-bhp; I have finally booked a Jazz V CVT today

Dealer: Whitefield honda
Model: Jazz V CVT
Color: Perl Orchid White
Ex showroom price: 8,39,599
RTO/Roadtax: 1,30,474
Registration handling charges: 600
Insurance+RSA: Will be done outside. Dealer cannot match the Royalsundaram quote
Offers: 10k dealer discount + 10k worth of accessories
Waiting period: Aug manufactured Car is in transit; shall be made available in next 10 days

For the record test drove the following petrol automatic cars before zeroing on Jazz.
- Ecosport (discarded due to narrow front seats and bumpy back seat)
- Polo GT TSI (family did not like the back seat space)
- Duster AMT (family liked the backseat a lot; but I could not bear the gear jerks)
- Creta (too costly for my need and wife felt motion sickness in back seat)
- Baleno Zeta CVT (6 months waiting period quoted)

Did not consider any sedans because I already have another sedan (2015 city zx)
that my wife drives for short commutes

With this booking I will be looking for a new owner for my excellent and peppy
2012 A-star Zxi(o) done only 23k km. Sad to let it go; but with worn out knees due
to aging and with mild left shoulder arthetis I cannot drive the Manual car any more
especially with bad traffic on outer ring road

Make : Honda
Model : Brio
Variant : VX AT. Facelift, hopefully.
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 11-Sep-2016
Booking Amount : 35k (on the higher side)
Color : White/Silver/Whichever comes first.
OTR : No idea. Dealer doesnt know. Honda doesnt tell. For the pre-facelift , it was 7.61L.
Expected Delivery Date : No idea. Dealer doesnt know. Honda doesnt tell.
Dealer & City : Deccan Honda , Pune.
Freebies : Coffee and Water.
Others : May get a better HU when the car comes due to ultra basic nature of the factory fitted one. A Honda OEM touchscreen system goes for around 34K, may opt for that during delivery.

The car is for my dad, who is a senior citizen. Cars shortlisted and TD'd were the Honda Brio MT (since AT wasnt available) , Jazz CVT and the Nissan Micra CVT.
Out of the above, the Micra easily had the best build quality and a better equipment list. It was also the easiest to drive for senior people, given its gentle throttle response and ultra smooth transmission. The good, VFM price tag is another bonus.:thumbs up
There is a 2+ L difference between the Jazz and the Brio in Pune, which kinda made the choice tough. The S CVT version, which we drove , was simply too barebones for our liking, and lacked basic safety features. Also, the TD car seemed to have appalling build quality with the rattles, squeaks and the broken trim bits, and made my Swift look well built. It had ~16k on the odo. None of the above were deal breakers though , the price was.
The Brio had a grabby clutch, but no loose bits , because there isnt much in there to begin with. The car rode better than I expected, and was easy to drive and maneuver in the city. The boot reminds me of the small metal compass boxes we used to carry pencils in school. It is seriously tiny and unusable.
Anyway, the wait now begins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 4054937)
The car is for my dad, who is a senior citizen. Cars shortlisted and TD'd were the Honda Brio MT (since AT wasnt available) , Jazz CVT and the Nissan Micra CVT.
Out of the above, the Micra easily had the best build quality and a better equipment list. It was also the easiest to drive for senior people, given its gentle throttle response and ultra smooth transmission. The good, VFM price tag is another bonus.:thumbs up

Just curious to know, why did you not opt for Micra when you liked everything about it. Especially since you have not even TD the Brio AT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulfi hansi (Post 4054965)
Just curious to know, why did you not opt for Micra when you liked everything about it. Especially since you have not even TD the Brio AT.

Because of the lack of focus (or rather, the reports of it here on Tbhp) Nissan India shows towards its Indian operations. The dealership I had TD'd the car in had already changed owners twice because of lack of business, and I did not want my parents to run around for basic things if I am not in town in the future.
Its a wonderful product at the right price though , and I wholeheartedly recommend it to people who wouldnt mind Nissan's shortcomings.

Finally, he takes the plunge! :D

Congratulations to you and your parents in advance, Ojas.

Quote:

OTR : No idea. Dealer doesnt know. Honda doesnt tell. For the pre-facelift , it was 7.61L.
Expected Delivery Date : No idea. Dealer doesnt know. Honda doesnt tell.

Not too far away. At most I would say 2 weeks.

Quote:

Freebies : Coffee and Water.

rl:

Quote:

May get a better HU when the car comes due to ultra basic nature of the factory fitted one. A Honda OEM touchscreen system goes for around 34K, may opt for that during delivery.

Don't.

Much better aftermarket options are available for that budget or even lesser. I would suggest a Pioneer or JVC unit.

Quote:

The car is for my dad, who is a senior citizen.

The Brio had a grabby clutch, but no loose bits , because there isnt much in there to begin with. The car rode better than I expected, and was easy to drive and maneuver in the city. The boot reminds me of the small metal compass boxes we used to carry pencils in school. It is seriously tiny and unusable.

It's very nimble footed, easy to park/maneuver around, and has good road manners - 3 essential must-haves for every urban car. The CVT is very smooth when driven with a light foot on the accelerator - a fact which your Dad will love (I know because my Dad loved it too).

The boot space is limited but elder folks rarely use them, except for a few stuff they would pick up every now and then. My Dad never brought more than a parcel or two home in his Swift, and as such the boot stays unused 90% of the time.

For everything else, the Brio is an excellent car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 4054969)
Because of the lack of focus (or rather, the reports of it here on Tbhp) Nissan India shows towards its Indian operations. The dealership I had TD'd the car in had already changed owners twice because of lack of business, and I did not want my parents to run around for basic things if I am not in town in the future.
Its a wonderful product at the right price though , and I wholeheartedly recommend it to people who wouldnt mind Nissan's shortcomings.

Most valid since your parents are going to use it. A female collogue uses a manual since automatic was not available then. She is very happy with the service here in Bangalore. Micra is not know to have any niggling issues in first 5 years.

Many thanks Avinash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4055001)

Much better aftermarket options are available for that budget or even lesser. I would suggest a Pioneer or JVC unit.

Oh Okay, I will certainly check if there are options floating around. And here I was , falling for the dealers "5k off on the upgraded HU" line.

Booked a Ray-Blue Maruti Baleno Delta CVT version yesterday at Jayabheri NEXA - Gachibowli, Hyderabad.

On-road price quoted - 8.47 lakhs (inclusive of zero dep insurance, nexa loyalty card of Rs. 1150 and accessories of Rs. 6370)

I will not be taking the Nexa loyalty card mostly and the dealer has agreed to my choice of accessories and its corresponding price.

I will also be transferring my 50% NCB from my earlier insurance and hence another 7-8k of the on-road price would be reduced.

Official waiting period quoted is 31 weeks. Since, I have booked an automatic, the dealer has mentioned the possibility of a delivery in 3-4 months. (I am the 4th in list for a Ray Blue CVT variant at this dealership).

Booking amount is Rs. 13,000/- (fully refundable upon cancellation).

And now the waiting period begins :)

Need: Comfortable 5 seater. Automatic preferable. Able to handle bad roads.

Choice: After many TD's and discussions, hours poring over TBHP forum threads, many automotive sites and magazines, we went and booked a comet grey Duster 110ps RxZ AMT.

Make : Renault
Model : Duster
Variant : 110ps RxZ AMT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 5th September 2016
Color : Grey
Expected Delivery Date : Early October (need time for corporate process)
Dealer & City : Trident Renault Palace Orchards
Freebies : None
Others : 40,000/- Cash Discount + 7K Corporate Discount. Renault website lists special discount of 20,000/- additional on select stock.
OTR: 15.51L quoted. Insurance extra (~32K)

Make: Volkswagen
Model/Variant: Polo GT TSI
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 14-Sep-2016
Booking Amount: 5k (Refundable)
Color: Candy White
Ex showroom: 7.94L from Ahmedabad through CSD. There are no discounts on GT TSI (as usual)
Expected Delivery Date: Dusshera weekend
Dealer & City: Volkswagen, Ahmedabad.
Freebies: Don’t know yet, will only get to know when I go there to take the delivery of my car.
Others: Car will be registered in Pune. Will be driving to Mumbai and then to Pune post-delivery. Opting for extended warranty (Approx 13k) and most probably will go in for RSA as well (Approx 4500)
Insurance: Plan to take it online and not through dealer. (Zero Dep)

GT TSI will be my daily driver and it’ll replace my beloved SX4 Petrol (clocked 60k kms) which served me without any complaints. I have thoroughly enjoyed my highway trips with the SX4. It’s really made for long distance running. But heavy steering and hard clutch make it slightly difficult to drive in stop and go traffic so decided to replace it with a fast, zippy automatic and I didn’t have too many options.

I was also considering a pre-owned 2011-2013 Altis 7 speed CVT but they are hard to find. After 2 odd months I did manage to shortlist one and it was in pristine condition (clocked just 19k kms) but it was out of my budget. The guy’s last offer was 9.5L so I gave it a pass.

I am still looking around for pre-owned Altis or any car model that I can purchase from CSD but I’ve not been able to find anything better than GT TSI.

But in case there is confirmation regarding Baleno RS launch by Oct/Nov 16, then I will cancel my GT TSI booking. I want to test drive the RS once before taking the plunge with GT TSI since international reviews are highly positive for the Baleno boosterjet version.

So, let’s see what comes home. :)