Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-246.html)

Pre-booked the new Skoda Octavia facelift. No idea about a lot of stuff but already very excited.
Make : Skoda
Model : Octavia 2017 facelift
Variant : No idea
Transmission: Auto
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 26 April 2017
Color : No Idea
Expected Delivery Date : 10 weeks from Launch
Dealer & City : Viraaj Auto, Pune
Booking Amount: Rs 100,000
On-Road Price : No idea
Discount: Not negotiated yet

Make : SKODA
Model : Rapid
Variant : Ambition
Transmission: Manual
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 04 June 2017
Color : Carbon steel
Expected Delivery Date : 16 June 2017
Dealer & City : Gurudev Motors, Ambattur, Chennai
Booking Amount: Rs 25,000
On-Road Price : Rs. 11.5L
Discount: 1.4L

What a way to put my 1000th post here on Team BHP. Finally the dream of owning a BMW has come true here in US and cant wait to get my hands on the Ultimat3:D

Make : BMW
Model : 330i xDrive
Transmission: Auto
Booking Date : 02 June 2017
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 09 June 2017

Ola vs second car - second car wins !!!

Make : VOLKSWAGEN
Model : POLO
Variant : COMFORTLINE
Fuel : PETROL
Booking Date : 14 June 2017
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 30June 2017
Dealer & City : Volkswagen kun, Alandur, Chennai
Booking Amount: Rs 6,50,000
On-Road Price : 6,50,000
Discount: 70,000

Quote:

Originally Posted by irdevanand (Post 4217447)
Ola vs second car - second car wins !!!

Make : VOLKSWAGEN
Model : POLO
Variant : COMFORTLINE
Fuel : PETROL
Booking Date : 14 June 2017
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 30June 2017
Dealer & City : Volkswagen kun, Alandur, Chennai
Booking Amount: Rs 6,50,000
On-Road Price : 6,50,000
Discount: 70,000

Nice to see you could get better discounts finally,
And that too on a lower variant. Is it pure cash discount? Or did they do something with accessories or something?

Pure cash.
Volswagen offers 50k cash discount. Rest i think the dealer squeezes from insurance margin and accessories margin. I said no for car cover, seat cover etc and opted for cash discount.
Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4217452)
Nice to see you could get better discounts finally,
And that too on a lower variant. Is it pure cash discount? Or did they do something with accessories or something?

I've always wanted to own a used car for various reasons but a sudden and unexpected series of events (good ones).
I booked an S-Cross 1.3 Zeta in Granite Grey with a promised delivery in 5 working days and a discount of around 60k.

Taking delivery in 2 days. Mixed feelings. Excitement - Fear - Disbelief stupid:

Booked granite grey Brezza Ldi(O) from Suraksha today.
Later today got a call from them saying that a car is ready for delivery tomorrow. It seems that from tomorrow next 1 month is not auspicious and parents have asked not to take delivery. He asked me to make full payment in next few days and take the car delivery after 1 month.

Also, when I asked about GST benefits, he told me that it will be applicable only from July 1st and no refund will be applicable if bought before.

Is it wise to make full payment and take the delivery after 1 month?

Thanks,
Krishna

Booked Jeep Compass Ltd (O) 4x4 in Silver and Black Dual tone. Expecting delivery by mid-Aug.

Booked a Renault Kwid RXT (o) variant. Following are the details:
Car: Renault Kwid
Variant: RXT (o)
Transmission: AMT
Engine:1.0 Sce
Booking date: 25th June, 2017
Expected delivery date: 28th June, 2017
Total OTR(corporate): Rs. 5,31,169
Colour: White
Accesories: None

The dealer has agreed to deliver the car at home as my dad won't be present to take delivery. Will have a PDI checklist though.

The dealer has also said he will have to drive it down from his yard in Rajkot, which means the car will have about 300 Km on the odo at the time of delivery. Had to agree since he is the only Renault dealer in town.

Regards,
Vishy

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishy76 (Post 4223111)
The dealer has also said he will have to drive it down from his yard in Rajkot, which means the car will have about 300 Km on the odo at the time of delivery. Had to agree since he is the only Renault dealer in town.

Regards,
Vishy

I don't think you should agree to that. Seems a little fishy that a relatively large city like Baroda doesn't have a yard, and direct delivery of Renault vehicles.

If I were you I would consider getting car from Ahmedabad etc. which is little over an hour away or maybe go for some other brand.You could easily get a good variant of Celerio or Tiago considering ongoing offers at a similar price point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autorahul (Post 4223220)
I don't think you should agree to that. Seems a little fishy that a relatively large city like Baroda doesn't have a yard, and direct delivery of Renault vehicles.

If I were you I would consider getting car from Ahmedabad etc. which is little over an hour away or maybe go for some other brand.You could easily get a good variant of Celerio or Tiago considering ongoing offers at a similar price point.

I agree with you, but the Tiago and celerio are out of budget for the automatic variants. Don't want the Alto due to Maruti's AMT woes.

He has promised me that the car will be in perfect nick. He said he doesn't prefer stocking vehicles in his yard and Rajkot is the main dealer base for him. The variant I have booked is a 2016 December one, so it is at Rajkot. He has promised me it is not a test drive car. He had also agreed to give me access to the car for a PDI, until he came to know it was at Rajkot. I will be armed with the PDI checklist. Anything else I need to look out for?

Booked a Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta Automatc at Fair Deal Nexa, Noida sector 10 on 4th July, 2017.
Color-Autumn Orange
waiting time quoted as 18 weeks though I've been told it'll arrive much earlier
Queue Number told- 12 for delta automatic(new showroom)
Ex showroom price-702500
Insurance-will carry over my NCB from my old honda city(2004)
They will match price quote of insurance they told me
No nexa kit
On Road Price- unknown due to no announcement of post GST prices, expected around 7,85,000

Booked a Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz to replace our Sail U-VA today.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Elite i20
Variant : Sportz
Booking Date : 07 July 2017
Color : Passion Red
Expected Delivery Date : 01 August 2017
Dealer & City : Mohan Motors Salt Lake, Kolkata
Booking Amount: Rs 20,000
On-Road Price : Rs. 7.07L

Got 3rd and 4th year extended warranty for Rs 7800. Dealer promised delivery by end of month, although I'm expecting it around mid August. None of the dealers in my city had the car in stock in Red color, mostly they have White and Blue in stock.

Booked a Innova Crysta ZX MT on 5th July,2017.

Make :Toyota
Model : Innova Crysta
Variant : ZX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 05 July 2017
Color : Garnet Red
Expected Delivery Date : 25 th July,2017
Dealer & City : Saini Toyota, Kolkata
Booking Amount: Rs 50,000
Ex Showroom:-Rs 19,06,200
Road Tax and registration:-Rs 1,08,686