Old 23rd July 2017, 16:38   #3706
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Make : Tata
Model : Nexon
Variant : 1.5L XT
Many congratulations on booking the Nexon RavenAvi , but this is coming as a surprise to me. I know for sure your were pursuing the Jeep and I thought that it would make it to your garage very soon. How come this sudden change?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:46   #3707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations on booking the Nexon RavenAvi, but this is coming as a surprise to me. I know for sure your were pursuing the Jeep and I thought that it would make it to your garage very soon. How come this sudden change?
That is on my radar too, my friend. But that depends on the final pricing for the diesel Compass, and I have a hunch it won't be within my striking range. Hence I didn't book it yet, until the final pricing is out. But still, following the lead up to the official pricing reveal.

If, in the end, the diesel Compass turns out to be out of my range, I shall postpone my Creta replacement till BS-VI kicks in.

Plus, the stonker of a diesel engine which the Nexon is coming with, makes it an irresistible option.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd July 2017 at 16:48.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:24   #3708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Fuel : Diesel
Congrats! So this would be the replacement for the cancelled DZire booking?

Your words on the diesel engine performance (as per your sources) is very tempting indeed. Nexon is currently my Plan B as well depending on Jeep Compass pricing, however my purchase will only be towards mid 2018 in case it's Nexon and even later if it's Compass. Lost confidence on the furture of the 1.6 DDiS and as per your words, the new TATA 1.5 Diesel might be the one to watch out for.

So we're in the same boat.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:32   #3709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats! So this would be the replacement for the cancelled DZire booking?
Thanks, bud!

Indeed. The Swift will be out by next year so this one will take over. (Dad has stopped driving it altogether these days, except for very few & short in-town bursts)

Quote:
Your words on the diesel engine performance (as per your sources) is very tempting indeed. Nexon is currently my Plan B as well depending on Jeep Compass pricing, however my purchase will only be towards mid 2018 in case it's Compass. Lost confidence on the future of the 1.6 DDiS and as per your words, the new TATA 1.5 Diesel might be the one to watch out for.

The Compass diesel range will come in at a slight premium. Plus, I foresee supply-demand issues with FCA during the initial hoopla.

Couple that with the petrols coming later, and more importantly, the very delightful Trailhawk version by next year, and it's best that one waits it out till the hardcore, top-of-the-line Compass variant is actually here. That would most possibly be by mid-2018, so it makes sense to wait it out.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:58   #3710
MCR
BHPian

Quote:

Now the long wait begins!

Congrats on the booking.

Quote:

Even I am in the same boat. Have shortlisted 4 cars. The order of preference is as below;
1. Compass
2. Nexon
3. Vitara Brezza
4. S-Cross

But the biggest suspense is the Compass pricing.
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 18:02   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You already decided on the trim too? No XZ variant on the Nexon? Other than the touchscreen HU do you have information on the equipment (most importantly on the safety side) on the top end diesel?

Ever since the official powertrain announcement of the Nexon, its a serious candidate alongside Ecosport Tdci and S-Cross 1.3. Much depends on the official reviews and what Tata offers at what price.

Last edited by narayans80 : 23rd July 2017 at 18:04.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 19:04   #3712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
OTR for Elite i20 Petrol was 7.07L? That sounds like a fantastic deal to me. When I checked here in Chennai, they were quoting 7.4-7.6L.
It dropped quite a bit after introduction of GST. Used to be around 7.3L. Right now, the Asta model is at 7.7L OTR in Kolkata.
Old 23rd July 2017, 19:14   #3713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Booking Date : 23/07/2017
Color : 1) Red or 2) White
Expected Delivery Date : September 1st week, 2017 (from the 1st lot)

Wow that was fast RavenAvi! The nexon will be a great choice and I am sure that it will meet 90% of the same criteria as the Compass, except foe brand and 4x4. I know people will shoot me for this and when I am saying it after booking the Compass! I am also waiting for the Compass prices and if the LTD 4x4 exceeds 20 Lex showroom, I will also cancel my booking and would rather go with an Innova Crysta instead in VX or GX AT trim. I am not really into offroading and end of the day the reliability and practicality of the Crysta would beat the 4x4 ability of Jeep for my long drives. Now just waiting till July 31st for the final decision. After the GST cut the Crysta has become more affordable than earlier.
If Tata launches the Nexon soon, they may just shoot the Compass in the foot(or tyres!) as the Nexon will offer what most users are looking for at half the price!
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 19:15   #3714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You already decided on the trim too? No XZ variant on the Nexon? Other than the touchscreen HU do you have information on the equipment (most importantly on the safety side) on the top end diesel?

Ever since the official powertrain announcement of the Nexon, its a serious candidate alongside Ecosport Tdci and S-Cross 1.3. Much depends on the official reviews and what Tata offers at what price.
If the XZ variant comes within my budget, I might shift to that. For now, I am sticking to the second top. Should be fairly well loaded too.

No confirmed information yet on the safety features. We will know all in the coming week.

With all due respect to the Ford and the Maruti, both of them (99/205 & 90/200) stand no chance against the Nexon's output figures (110/260), at least on paper. (link)

Combine that with a killer price, and it's just the brand perception which will stand between Tata's compact SUV and it's sureshot chance at instant success.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 20:04   #3715
BHPian

Quote:

- Final purchase decision rests solely on the Team-BHP official review + my extensive TDs.

Congrats Ravenavi for the booking.

I'm not sure if we can have the official review by the time first lot delivers (remembering the Tigor fiasco), but hoping for Hexa (important points shared gauging the enthusiasm). I'll have to talk to my dealer as well to make that booking (yeah, unofficial one)
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 20:54   #3716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
It dropped quite a bit after introduction of GST. Used to be around 7.3L. Right now, the Asta model is at 7.7L OTR in Kolkata.

Even post -GST prices for all variants appear to be 30k higher in Chennai compared to Kolkata.
Old 23rd July 2017, 23:18   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Even post -GST prices for all variants appear to be 30k higher in Chennai compared to Kolkata.
I was checking on carwale's OTR estimator, and the ex-showroom price is 6.43L in Chennai and 6.45L in Kolkata.

The Road tax however, is 39k in Kolkata and 66k in Chennai
Old 24th July 2017, 00:43   #3718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahushrc View Post
I didn't see any long term ownership reviews for the elite i20 (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Sure there are, but for the diesel variant. There's a BHPian who has done 50K+ on this facelifted version itself.

Quote:
With all due respect to the Ford and the Maruti, both of them (99/205 & 90/200) stand no chance against the Nexon's output figures (110/260), at least on paper. (link)
Combine that with a killer price, and it's just the brand perception which will stand between Tata's compact SUV and it's sureshot chance at instant success.
I am sold on the specs, am just waiting to see how they play out on the actual car. Have already read through the entire Nexon thread, so am current with whats already been shared here.

My prospective booking is still at least a month or 2 away. I am pretty sure Team-BHP official review and lot of first drive feedback (including yours ) will be out by that time, in time for me to pull the trigger
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 06:39   #3719
BHPian

Quote:

Booking Date : 23/07/2017
Color : 1) Red or 2) White
Expected Delivery Date : September 1st week, 2017 (from the 1st lot)
Freebies : Lucky, if I get any!
Accessories Planned: Will decide during delivery
Price : Around Rs 10.5 lakhs OTR (guesstimated by dealership)
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000/-
Dealership : Jagdalpur Motors
Other Details :
- First booking of the Nexon in my dealership. Unofficial, of course!
- Dealership expects their launch by the 3rd week of August.
- Demo car is expected to arrive in the first week of August. (billing has already been done) Not sure if it will be available for TD, although dealership promises it.
- Keeping White as a colour option, in case Red is not immediately available. If there's a dual-tone one on offer (like in the ads/Geneva edition), I might go for it.
- Final purchase decision rests solely on the Team-BHP official review + my extensive TDs.

Please accept my best wishes on putting your money where your mouth is/was. I think there are only products which gives a sense of premium for mass Market folks such as myself. Nexon is one of 'em. Hope you get a pleasant experience.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 08:46   #3720

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Sure there are, but for the diesel variant. There's a BHPian who has done 50K+ on this facelifted version itself
Actually the first time I looked for the long term reviews for the elite i20 I didn't find any, but I found them a few just a few days ago, both for diesel and the petrol variants.

However, now I'm planning to cover the difference between the dual tone variant n the normal Asta.

Most Viewed