Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-250.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cogWheel (Post 4251816)
Make : Fiat
Model : Abarth Punto
Variant : -
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 03-08-2017
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 15-09-2017
Dealer & City : Hanuman Cars, Mangaluru

What is the OTR. What is the best deal available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulfi hansi (Post 4251842)
What is the OTR. What is the best deal available.

The OTR price quoted was Rs.11.57 Lakhs.
Have been offered cash discount of 45K and was able to negotiate insurance pricing to actual market values. So total offer amounts to 57K off the original OTR quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goswami.j (Post 4251714)
Congrats on the booking.
I had enquired with the local dealership & they are offering the following on the XUV 500 across models.
1. 22,000 cash discount
2. 10,000 corporate discount
3. 15,000 exchange bonus

All this without any negotiation or promise to buy, so check if you can get a better deal at your end. It helps if you have multiple dealers.

Thanks !
All issues related to dealer flip flops have been rectified, to an extent.;)
There are about 3 Mahindra dealers in Goa but all are owned by the same company, hence no dealer side discounts.

Whatever discounts offered are from Mahindra.
So discounts offered are:
25,000 cash discount
8000 corporate discount ( cheque)

Tried to negotiate for free mats, they aren't budging, perks of being a monopoly.

So final otr inclusive of 15,000 paid accessories: 16.30 lakhs
Expected delivery 21 August
Regards

Went to Volkswagen Ahmedabad to check out the Polo GT TDI but due to unavailability and amazing offers on the Vento, ended up booking the Vento today after a huge round of negotiations.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Vento
Variant: Highline Plus M/T
Colour: Carbon Steel Grey
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 16/08/2017
Expected Delivery Date: End Of August
Dealer: Automark Volkswagen, Ahmedabad
Got an amazing offer!
PM me for details.

There has been an update. The SA claims that the ahmedabad dealership has exhausted their quota of ordering a Vento in the said configuration and has ordered from their Rajkot dealership as it is owned by the same company.
The SA informed me that they would send a driver who would drive down the car from Rajkot to Ahmedabad, which means the car would be delivered with almost 300 KMs on the ODO!! Should I allow him to drive the car down to ahmedabad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforjeeps93 (Post 4253817)
There has been an update. The SA claims that the ahmedabad dealership has exhausted their quota of ordering a Vento in the said configuration and has ordered from their Rajkot dealership as it is owned by the same company.
The SA informed me that they would send a driver who would drive down the car from Rajkot to Ahmedabad, which means the car would be delivered with almost 300 KMs on the ODO!! Should I allow him to drive the car down to ahmedabad?

Sounds like some stupid story. Never heard of a quota on cars from a dealership.

Have you verified the VIN? Is this car manufactured in the last 2-3 months?

Quote:

As mentioned above, try getting to know the manufacturing month of the car. Also, you can try bluffing the SA and ask him if you can go to the Rajkot dealership and accompany the guy who will be driving from Rajkot to Ahmedabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifu (Post 4253842)
Sounds like some stupid story. Never heard of a quota on cars from a dealership.

From what I know, there is definitely a quota especially on the popular, most-selling models. But this quota is reset every month so the dealership should be able to get more cars in the next month.

Quote:

I would prefer to have them transport it by a car trailer. Driving 300km without insurance and registration is also a concern.

Quote:

Should I allow him to drive the car down to ahmedabad?

If it is ok for you, ask them if you can take delivery from their Rajkot facility. This helps in verifying the dealer is genuine, not conning with some car in stock that's driven 300 km.

I met the SA today.
After the delivery issue, the SA had confirmed at the time of booking that the car will come with 16" alloys. He mentioned that only the automatic versions come with 16" alloys and the manual Highline Plus gets 15" alloys only!

Regarding the delivery I proposed accompanying whoever drives the car down to Ahmedabad and told him that i would prefer the car comes in the container to Ahmedabad.
He says that the car will come in a container 99% as he has talked to his management about this. I am a little doubtful. Is there a way to disconnect the ODO and drive it down to Ahmedabad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayans80 (Post 4254049)
If it is ok for you, ask them if you can take delivery from their Rajkot facility. This helps in verifying the dealer is genuine, not conning with some car in stock that's driven 300 km.

I asked him if that was possible but SA insisted that paperwork would be processed from Ahmedabad showroom and delivery could be taken in Ahmedabad only :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayans80 (Post 4254049)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifu (Post 4253842)

I have not received the VIN for the car yet. Would receive the details upon dispatch of the car from Pune.

Moderator's note - Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforjeeps93 (Post 4254090)
Is there a way to disconnect the ODO and drive it down to Ahmedabad?

Yes, it is possible. Recently, we took a test drive of the Honda City and the whole instrument cluster was disconnected. It is a common practice, in fact when my uncle took the delivery of Hyundai Verna back in 2008 the speedometer wasn't working. We had to take the car right back to the service center and the *issue* got rectified in couple of minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforjeeps93 (Post 4254092)
I asked him if that was possible but SA insisted that paperwork would be processed from Ahmedabad showroom and delivery could be taken in Ahmedabad only :Frustrati

Once you receive the VIN, you could do the PDI at Rajkot, so you know its not 300 km at the first place. Make your payment only after this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayans80 (Post 4254132)
Once you receive the VIN, you could do the PDI at Rajkot, so you know its not 300 km at the first place. Make your payment only after this.

After telephonic discussion today, SA has assured it will be transported in a container to Ahmedabad. I told the SA that if there is any chance the car is driven down with a disconnected ODO, I would prefer accompanying the car.
The car is expected to reach on 27/08/2017 at the dealer stockyard. I have already taken out the PDI checklist printouts and made it explicitly clear that I will be inspecting the car thoroughly before making payment.

The SA had also promised carbon fibre wrap for the rear view mirrors and matt black alloys. After enquiring at the 3M store, they said Vento mirrors could be wrapped in carbon fibre for INR 800 which is much lower than the cost that SA said the showroom had to bear for a black wrap. SA also refused to paint the alloys. Need suggestions for an effective after-market solution.
Bargained for a lip spoiler which i planned to get wrapped in the same carbon fibre wrap as the mirrors.

Make : Tata
Model : Nexon
Fuel : Diesel
Variant : XZ+ likely
Color : Will decide on the color after all the other colors get unveiled at the launch.
Booking Date : 19/08/2017
Booking Amount : Rs. 5OOO/-
Dealer: A K Gandhi Cars, Nagpur
Date of delivery: The dealership is as clueless about it as anybody.
This dealership, I was told, has 25+ bookings as of now. The other dealer in the city had more two weeks back.

As per the online reviews, Nexon seems to offer more bang for the bucks (given Tata doesn't goof up the launch price.) Hope, the Team-bhp review comes before I get to test drive the car. Also keeping a close eye on the SCross facelift as well. Since Scross is a known entity and facelift wouldn't be any different driving wise, will decide only after getting the feel of Nexon in person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveforjeeps93 (Post 4252912)
Got an amazing offer!
PM me for details.

Can you please PM me the deal you got from the dealership?