Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-254.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4275260)
Aahh.. Long term Maruti owner shifting to a Hyundai. Will be interesting to read your Hyundai thread when it comes up.

Careless thinking from Maruti to discontinue the 1.6L DDiS in the S-Cross facelift. :Frustrati This decision by them has made me look elsewhere.

The next best offering in the market I could think off was the Creta 1.6 CRDi SX (O) after the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha.

Make : Renault
Model : Duster
Variant : RXS CVT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 17th Sep 2017
Color : Pearl White (Fiery Red apparently has a waiting period of 2 months :-/)
Expected Delivery Date :29th Sep 2017
Dealer & City : Renault Whitefield, Bangalore
Freebies : Nada
Others : Discounts on accessories

My first ever post on the forum. And I am glad it's on this thread!

Make : Hyundai

Model : Creta

Variant : SX+ AT

Fuel : Diesel

Booking Date : 28/08/2017

Color : Red Passion

Expected Delivery Date : 1 to 1.5 months waiting

Freebies : Floor Mats, Mud Flaps

Accessories Planned : Plan to wrap the roof black

Price : 17.05 Lakhs on road.

Booking Amount : ₹ 50,000/-

Dealership : Sai Auto Hyundai (Borivali)

City : Mumbai

My 4th booking and 2nd update on this thread since a member.

Make : Suzuki
Model : Baleno
Variant : Zeta CVT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 06th Sep 2017
Color : Premium Silver (Initially booked Granite Grey, but changed to silver due to earlier availability)
Expected Delivery Date :30th Sep 2017
Dealer & City : Vishnu Nexa, Chennai
Freebies : Negotiating
Others : None (feeling lucky considering waiting period)

Make: Hyundai
Model: Verna
Fuel: Diesel
Booking date: Oct-4-2017
Color: Fiery Red
Expected Delivery: Oct-15-2017
Dealer and City: Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Freebies: none
booking amount: 1 lakh

Booked my car today

Model : Ford Ecosport titanium optional 1.5 tdci

Colour : Diamond White

Expected delivery : within 7 days

I would be exchanging my first car, a yellow & white Vitara Brezza zdi+, and opting my second favourite.
Out of the 30,000 kms driven, almost 90% has been on highways with kids in the rear seat. As such, I am going for a safer car, most importantly with curtain airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead (Post 4276566)
My first ever post on the forum. And I am glad it's on this thread!

Make : Hyundai
Model : Creta
Variant : SX+ AT
Booking Date : 28/08/2017
Freebies : Floor Mats, Mud Flaps
Accessories Planned : Plan to wrap the roof black
City : Mumbai

Congratulations SedateMotorhead on your new booking.
And for having your first post on this forum being the one about your booking.

One query, while going through the new Verna thread, i found that Floor Lamination is listed as an accessory - not clear whether it is dealer provided or official accessory.

Would it make sense to go for this via the dealer or do it from outside. The advantage of getting dealer to fit this would be that fitment would be better but doing it outside would mean it would be cheaper.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithaca (Post 4284260)
One query, while going through the new Verna thread, i found that Floor Lamination is listed as an accessory - not clear whether it is dealer provided or official accessory.

Would it make sense to go for this via the dealer or do it from outside. The advantage of getting dealer to fit this would be that fitment would be better but doing it outside would mean it would be cheaper.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Ithaca!

Well, floor lamination was not mentioned in the list when I booked the Creta, so I'm assuming it is probably dealer provided and not official accessory.

If it certainly is at the dealer level, I doubt the figment would be any better than one would get outside. So if I were you, I'd do it outside and save a few bucks.

Having said that, here are a few disadvantages of floor lamination which I have experienced when I got it done for my Swift:-

1. The floor mats don't stay still and keep moving around because of the smooth surface of the lamination.

2. After a couple of years, the lamination would tear from the edges and dirt would get in from these tiny tears. It became impossible to clean under the lamination and seeing all the dirt just sit there drove me insane!

3. Fortunately, I never actually spilled any liquids on the floor; Neither did I face any flooding which would make water seep into the cabin. So, basically I didn't really experience the advantages of the lamination stupid:
Now I know that is like saying "I bought a life cover, but did not die. Hence, the insurance premium pair was a total waste". All I'm saying is that I wouldn't get it done again because I feel I'd rather get the carpet cleaned or changed once in case I happen to face with any flooding issues, instead of facing the problems listed above, on a daily basis.

Oh and yes, I did get rid of the lamination on my Swift eventually. Its lovely to see the Velcro under the floor mats actually working!

I'd suggest if you can actually see a car with floor lamination, do check it out before taking a decision.

Cheers!

Make : Volvo

Model : V40 Cross Country

Variant : D3

Booking Date : 21/10/2017

Color : Denim Blue

Expected Delivery Date : November 15th

Freebies :Zilch. Trying for a discount on the Polestar Performance Upgrade

Accessories Planned : It comes with literally everything as standard

Price : 37,33,000 after discount of 3 Lakhs

Booking Amount : ₹ 3,00,000/-

Dealership : Artemis Volvo

City : Chennai

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriyanCAR (Post 4284241)
Booked my car today

Model : Ford Ecosport titanium optional 1.5 tdci

What's the offer you got for your car.

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : S-Cross 1.3
Variant : Zeta
Booking Date : 27/10/2017
Color : Nexa Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 4-6 weeks
Freebies : What is that??
Accessories Planned : Auto IRVM, Floor Mats & Leather wrapped steering
Price : ₹ 12,15,000
Booking Amount : ₹ 11,000
Dealership : Mandovi Nexa
City : Bangalore

Make : Maruti Suzuki

Model : S-Cross 1.3

Variant : Zeta

Booking Date : 14/10/2017

Color : Nexa Blue

Expected Delivery Date : 20th Nov

Freebies : Nope

Accessories planned: lather seat covers, steering cover, illuminated door sills (will decided while making payment)

On road Price : ₹ 11,98,592

Booking Amount : ₹ 11,000

Dealership : Nexa JP Nagar

City : Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT3 (Post 4291544)
What's the offer you got for your car.

Got the titanium+ at on road price of 10.5 lacs along with freebies like essential pack and reverse camera.

Also got an exchange price of 8.5 lacs for my 1.5 years old 30k kms run Vitara Brezza zdi+

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 (Post 1442127)
I have Booked a White colored Toyota Fortuner , expected to be home, some time in September only as the delivery schedules have not been declared as yet by Toyota & nor has the exact pricing been declared.

Just waiting for its launch on the 24'th now.

However I do expect it to be around 18.5 lacs ex showroom New Delhi.

18.5 lacs for a Toyota Fortuner? Wow I thought it would be almost 2x this price on the road!

EDIT: I now realize this post is a few years old - has Fortuner price doubled this soon?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundeep (Post 4296771)
18.5 lacs for a Toyota Fortuner? Wow I thought it would be almost 2x this price on the road!

EDIT: I now realize this post is a few years old - has Fortuner price doubled this soon?!

I don't even remember making that post. However, I did buy a Black Fortuner(4x4, manual) in Delhi in March 2010 , for roughly 21 lacs on road.

I am looking to buy the new one now & its a whopping 37 Lacs ( Auto 4x4) now.,

This I believe is a major reason, besides reliability for the high resale prices of Fortuner & Innova.