Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-256.html)

Pocket Rocket
Booked my city run around Flash Red Polo GT TSI from Downtown VW Mumbai
Booking done on 27th expected delivery on 3rd Jan
Nov 17 manufacture
Discounts not much
Dealer service and promptness was awesome
Experience was better than 2013when i got my Jetta from them
Have set my eyes on the Tiguan once it gets a better n more powerful engine

Finally my first post in this thread !

Booked Ford EcoSport Titanium diesel variant at Cauvery Ford Mangalore. Yet to finalise the colour. Gave lightening blue as first choice and canyon ridge as second. Expected delivery is Feb 1st week. Just hope Ford doesn't increase the price and place it above 10lakh.

My colleague booked a Tiago Petrol recently. Expresso brown colour. Dealer was KHT Motors, Brookfield, Banagalore.
Today we went for PDI at their stockyard. Checked everything with the help of T-BHP PDI checklist.
Everything was fine with the vehicle. ODO stood at 7kms.
Discounts provided: Free 1st year insurance, Free basic accessories (mud flaps & floor mats), Zero Logistic charges, Rs.3000 Corporate discount

Extended warranty bought for Rs.6030 (2 years in addition to 2 years normal warranty)
Mandatory Fastag: Rs.600

Total on-road price Rs.576,633 after all discounts.
Booking amount paid earlier was Rs.10,000. We paid the remaining Rs.566,633 today.

All in all a very good booking experience. My colleague plans to take delivery around 15th January.

One other thing, KHT motors used to have their stockyard near Ryan International school, Brookfield. But, now their stockyard is in Mahadevapura very near to MLR Convention Hall (road beside Decathlon). This is a huge building/facility with construction still in-progress. We did PDI in the terrace of the building where there were nearly 100 Tiagos:Shockked:
The Hexas and Nexons were given better treatment - they were kept in the Ground, 1st and 2nd floors with a roof over them :)
On enquiry they told me that this building will soon be host to a KHT Showroom + Service Center + Stockyard. Their existing service center near Akme Encore (Kundalahalli Colony) is likely to move out here sometime in mid-2018.

Not just booked but bought as well. This is my mom's city runabout. Shall be mostly driver driven

Make : Hyundai
Model : i10 Grand
Variant : 1.2L Asta
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 28/12/2017
Color : Blue
Delivery Date : 29/12/2017 (already delivered)
Freebies : Mudflaps, mats, 1.5L discount after scrapping a 19 year old maruti zen
Price : Rs 6.0L OTR
Booking Amount : Rs 5000
Other Details : Last car in their stock. We wanted a good deal and dealer wanted to sell. So got a good discount.

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model: S Cross 1.3
Variant: Zeta
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 03/01/2018
Color: Granite Grey
Expected Delivery date: By 4th week of February
Others: N/A

I booked my S Cross zeta in Granite Grey for 2018 model with booking amount of 11000/- yesterday on 03/01/2018 and received the wait period of 6 to 8 weeks but expect the delivery by 1st week of February at the earliest.

Prices are expected to be updated by 8/01/2018 so on road prices, insurance and accessories will be negotiated later.
SA confirmed that the insurance quote will be matched, with my 45 % NCB it will be a sweet deal for sure.

Mods/changes to be done:
1) Stock JK UX Royale looks fine, but if members share any reason to get them exchanged, I will definitely consider it.

2) I'll be following the 5 tyre rotation so alloys are definitely in the cards (First, I'll try to source additional alloy for the spare wheel and if prices are acceptable, then the car will be run on stock alloys, if not then I have saved enough for proper alloys)

3) Zeta variant was not available in the showroom so cannot comment on the seat cover, but we tend to change the covers so chances of getting them are good.

I searched the forums for quite a while and although S Cross 1.3 was least preferred by our family and wanted to go for Hyundai Creta SX, but even after getting it and getting Alloys, reverse parking camera to name a few, it was going way out of our budget and contemplating between need and necessity, we settled for S Cross.
I asked the SA for getting the hopeful news for 1.5 Diesel, but he simply denied any news.

Now waiting for the newest member of our family.

I received a warm welcome in the community, and within a week I got an infraction (sorry GTO), so rectified the mistake and installed a spell checker. I've scanned the post in a spell check, if any fault appears I'll chew the app developer for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhaji (Post 4318826)
Make : Maruti
Model : Baleno RS
Booking Date : 26 Nov
Expected Delivery Date : 15 Dec
Dealer & City : Magic Auto, Gazipur, Delhi
Freebies : None

They called up a couple of days ago to say I should pay Rs. 1 Lakh in advance. Their logic was if they get a car and I don't buy it, it will become old in a month and nobody else will buy it. I told them they should have told me this at the time of booking. Then they wanted a written undertaking that I will buy the car if it has no defect. I refused again. I told them they can order my car in Jan 18 if they are so worried. Now it seems they want to deliver soon. I will wait and watch.

Car was delivered on 27th December. Manufactured on 17th. I got a PDI done and then made the payment. Total cost 9.52 inclusive of a basic accesories kit, 5 years/1 lakh km warranty, zero dep insurance with engine protection and return to invoice. Got 2.30 for my old Toyota Liva GD 2011, 83k kms driven. Car is running fine, done 700 kms. First so-called service due at 1K kms.

Make : Mahindra
Model : TUV3OO
Variant : T10 AMT DT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 21/12/2017
Color : Red/Black
Delivery Date : Was supposed to be end of Dec, now it is 10-Jan-2018 - PDI was done on 30th Dec 2017
Freebies : None - Discount negotiated 48000 INR
Price : Rs 11.86 OTR (approximately)
Booking Amount : Rs 20000
Insurance : Taken outside from Royal Sundaram - 30K vs 49K quoted from Dealer (so additional 19K saving here)
Other Details : Car manufactured on 14th Dec and due to bungling in booking delay in delivery as exchange bonus etc not entered in the system and had to threaten to cancel to get this sorted out. Also taken this as a company lease which was an added complication and the dealer was not well versed in processing lease booking.

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : Titanium Plus AT
Booking Date : 7th Jan 2018
Color : Lightening Blue
Expected Delivery Date : First week of March
Dealer & City : Rudra Ford, Mira Road, Mumbai
Others : After receiving the quotation from HDFC ergo for 29,000 they agreed to bring down the cost of insurance to 35,000

Make : Maruti
Model : new swift 2018
Variant : Zxi
Booking Date : 09/01/2018
Color : Red
Delivery Date : to be intimated later on. probably end feb or early march
Price : Rs 7 lakhs (expected)
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000

Make : Land Rover
Model : Range Rover
Variant : LWB Vogue SE
Booking Date : 5/01/2018
Color : Fuji White
Delivery Date : 17/01/2018
Discount : 10L
Price : Rs 2.50Cr OTR

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4337209)
Make : Land Rover
Model : Range Rover
Variant : LWB Vogue SE
Booking Date : 5/01/2018
Color : Fuji White
Delivery Date : 17/01/2018
Discount : 10L
Price : Rs 2.50Cr OTR

Congrats! Any idea what the discount on the regular Vogue currently is?

10L off on seems like pocket change on a car with that big a sticker price!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 4337360)
Congrats! Any idea what the discount on the regular Vogue currently is?

10L off on seems like pocket change on a car with that big a sticker price!

No discounts as such, some discount is better than no discount at all. I wasn't expecting much any which ways. Now scouting for another car with similar budget stupid:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 4335730)
Make : Mahindra
Model : TUV3OO
Variant : T10 AMT DT
Booking Date : 21/12/2017
Color : Red/Black
Delivery Date : Was supposed to be end of Dec, now it is 10-Jan-2018 - PDI was done on 30th Dec 2017
Freebies : None - Discount negotiated 48000 INR
Price : Rs 11.86 OTR (approximately)
Booking Amount : Rs 20000
Insurance : Taken outside from Royal Sundaram - 30K vs 49K quoted from Dealer (so additional 19K saving here)
Other Details : Car manufactured on 14th Dec and due to bungling in booking delay in delivery as exchange bonus etc not entered in the system and had to threaten to cancel to get this sorted out. Also taken this as a company lease which was an added complication and the dealer was not well versed in processing lease booking.

Congrats on your booking ! clap:

I am also considering getting the TUV300 T10 AMT variant.

Had a couple of queries -

1. Did you opt for extended warranty considering the car is an AMT ? Does the extended warranty cover AMT unit as one of the dealer in Pune said it doesn't, so wanted to confirm.

2. If you dont mind, can you provide the breakup of the OTR price and the breakup of the discounts you got ?

Thanks,
Maddy3008

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddy3008 (Post 4341879)
1. Did you opt for extended warranty considering the car is an AMT ?
2. If you dont mind, can you provide the breakup of the OTR price and the breakup of the discounts you got ?

1. Yes have taken the extended warranty at about 15.5k for years 4 & 5. Would have taken it even if not AMT. Will enquire if the warranty covers the AMT unit or not and revert.
2. Paid 11.86 to dealer for vehicle, TCS, registration fee. Took insurance outside for 30k. Purchased basic accessories from the dealer which has cost me ~20k and the extended warranty for ~15k. All in all approximately 12.5L.
I actually got to drive the car just for one day and had to leave on a holiday. I would recommend you try the AMT on a slope in stop and go traffic before opting for it. I wasn't comfortable with it and am yet to really take the car out for a spin. I did just about 5km runs three or four times before I left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diyguy (Post 4342339)
I would recommend you try the AMT on a slope in stop and go traffic before opting for it. I wasn't comfortable with it and am yet to really take the car out for a spin. I did just about 5km runs three or four times before I left.

Thanks for the info.

I have driven an AMT T8 variant for about 2500 kms, on all types of roads. Even I wasn't comfortable driving the AMT initially but found it ok later. Just need to get used to the quirks of the AMT unit. Combine that with the non-linear power delivery of a diesel turbo, you sometimes just cannot predict if the vehicle will move exactly as you want it to.

However, looking at the current traffic trend in cities like Pune, I think the AMT unit will be better than manual. If this vehicle was a pure weekend drive for me, I would have considered the manual.