Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2018, 12:12   #3931
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
After 5 years of driving around the Figo and a great experience with the Figo and Ford, the upgrade itch has bitten me and the Ecosport it is ! Made a stretch for the S for the all black treatment,those super sweet ...
Great choice friend! I saw those black/dark grey alloys in person and they look amazing. By far, the best set of wheels on a sub-20 lakh vehicle! I feel in love with the vehicle just because of the wheels, besides other features.

Be careful though. Our pothole ridden roads will give the low-profile tyres a tough fight.
typlo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 08:43   #3932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
That engine did it for me. And a very sweet deal just made sure the Ford comes home.

Make: Ford
Model: Figo Aspire
Variant: Titanium MT
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: June 27, 2018
Color: Moondust Silver
Expected Delivery Date: June 29, 2018
Dealer & City: Tricity Ford, Panchkula, Haryana
Discounts: 1,35,000/-
Final On-Road Price: 7,37,000/-
Others: Got an interest free loan of 4,00,000/- from Ford Credit for 3 years. This saves another ~50,000/- (approx. figure for interest earned on fixed deposit of 4,00,000 over a period of 3 years, did not really calculate though) and exchanged the Swift 1.3 Petrol (2007) for 1,20,000/-.
Hi,

I am getting similar deal with discount of 1.45 in Delhi. Couple of questions if you can help me with -

Zero percent means EMI of 400000 divided by 36 months or there is come catch?
What accessories you got installed? I am thinking about parking sensor.
Discount that I am getting on is at on-road price, I am not sure how to get benefit of 50% NCB from previous car

Thanks for your help !
Old 23rd July 2018, 18:27   #3933
BHPian

Do you know if we have to make some payment before we get VIN ?

Garuda Autocraft, Banaswadi (Nexa) says I need to at least make half payment to get the VIN and check out the car.

I'm not too keen on paying them until I see the car in flesh and get the VIN.
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:15   #3934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
Do you know if we have to make some payment before we get VIN ?

Garuda Autocraft, Banaswadi (Nexa) says I need to at least make half payment to get the VIN and check out the car.
Absolutely NOT. Once you have booked a car, you have the right to check out the VIN and Form 22 of the car you will be delivered. Think of it as 'just browsing' through the inventory of a grocery store and checking out date of manufacture of a consumable. Insist on the VIN because it is only logical. Tell them you may refuse the delivery of the vehicle on the delivery day if something is fishy, insist that they provide you the VIN in advance. Call Maruti customer care if required. You have the right to check the car out before signing registration paperwork (and disbursing the loan amount in some cases), but you can surely ask for the VIN. The dealer may or may not agree to you visiting the stockyard for security reasons. Just tell them that it would save you and the dealership a lot of hassle if they provide you the VIN in advance. My advice is to get your point across and make the dealer conform to your request and be an informed customer, especially if the dealership is acting like a hard nut to crack. You are the king because you're the customer.

Harpreet Ford had the audacity of hiding VIN from me and presenting me a doctored Form 22. After insisting on the VIN, they gave it to me. The manufacturing dates on Form 22 and via the VIN decoding method didn't match, a phone call to Ford solved all the problems and I cancelled the delivery. Got the vehicle through another dealer. Beware.

Last edited by typlo : 23rd July 2018 at 19:20.
typlo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:39   #3935
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Hi,

I am getting similar deal with discount of 1.45 in Delhi. Couple of questions if you can help me with -

Zero percent means EMI of 400000 divided by 36 months or there is come catch?
What accessories you got installed? I am thinking about parking sensor.

Thanks for your help !

There's no catch. Its a straight forward caalculation of 400000 divided by 36 months.
I got seat covers, door visors, parking sensors installed. I'm looking for a parking camera with display on IRVM. Just not able to find one with auto-dimming mirror.

Quote:
Discount that I am getting on is at on-road price, I am not sure how to get benefit of 50% NCB from previous car
Its an easy process. Your SA can help you with this. Just call the insurance agent who did the policy for your older car. They will issue an NCB letter. You need to submit that to the agent from whom you're buying your new car's insurance. This article will help you clear all your doubts.
Old 25th July 2018, 23:46   #3936
BHPian

Make: Mahindra
Model: XUV 5OO
Variant: W7 AT
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: July 2, 2018
Color: Pearl White
Delivery Date: July 22, 2018
Dealer & City: A2Z Autowheels, Muzaffarnagar, U.P.
Discounts: Free 2 Year Extended Warranty and RSA, Body cover, Idol, Perfume
Booking amount : Rs. 5000/- (m2all.com) and Rs. 50000/- cash to dealer
Ex-Showroom Price: 14,95,000/-
Insurance - Self from PolicyBazaar.com @ Rs. 37000/- (Zero Dep)
Others: Temporary Registration = Rs.3000/-, RTO Registration = Rs.1,28,608, TCS = Rs. 14,195/-. Sold 2012 model 1,17,000 kms driven XUV 5OO W8 @ Rs. 5,40,000/-
Accessories - OEM Side Steps (Rs. 5000/- discount through m2all online booking offer), Reverse Parking camera, Fog Lamps (All ordered through m2all), Tyres swap to Michelin Primacy @ Rs.3600/- each after exchanging OEM Apollos at local tyre shop, Four alloys @ Rs. 25000/-
Planned upgrades - Seat covers and Speakers
superbhikari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 00:54   #3937
BHPian

Quote:
I got seat covers, door visors, parking sensors installed. I'm looking for a parking camera with display on IRVM. Just not able to find one with auto-dimming mirror.
Ford has an official accessory that includes auto dimming IRVM with integrated camera display + back up camera. Sells around for Rs. 12,000. Ask your dealership about it (They may try to due to lack of stock, or push with a 3rd party option, insist on Ford Genuine; comes in a box with service part number mentioned on top of it). If they refuse, call up Ford on the customer care. It is an OFFICIAL accessory.

Edit: THIS?

Last edited by typlo : 26th July 2018 at 01:03.
Old 26th July 2018, 10:07   #3938
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Ford has an official accessory that includes auto dimming IRVM with integrated camera display + back up camera. Sells around for Rs. 12,000. Ask your dealership about it (They may try to due to lack of stock, or push with a 3rd party option, insist on Ford Genuine; comes in a box with service part number mentioned on top of it). If they refuse, call up Ford on the customer care. It is an OFFICIAL accessory.

Edit: THIS?
Reviews for this accessory are not good. This does not have auto-dimming IRVM even though it claims to have. BHPian @skanchan95 has shard his experience in this post.
Old 26th July 2018, 10:53   #3939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ford has an official accessory that includes auto dimming IRVM with integrated camera display + back up camera.
Quote:
Reviews for this accessory are not good. This does not have auto-dimming IRVM even though it claims to have.
+1

I have the Ford-authorized integrated reverse camera IRVM on my EcoSport; fitted by the dealer before delivery. It does not have auto-dimming.

Funny thing is, 9/10 people in the accessories division don't even know what auto dimming is. My SA categorically said they cannot enable auto-dimming on those IVRMs.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 11:54   #3940
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
+1

I have the Ford-authorized integrated reverse camera IRVM on my EcoSport; fitted by the dealer before delivery. It does not have auto-dimming.

Funny thing is, 9/10 people in the accessories division don't even know what auto dimming is. My SA categorically said they cannot enable auto-dimming on those IVRMs.
So does it have a manual dimming toggle or is that absent as well? I have seen some Chinese examples where the mirror doesn't even come with a manual adjuster.
Old 26th July 2018, 11:58   #3941
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
So does it have a manual dimming toggle or is that absent as well?
It doesn't; you suffer with the high beam. I checked a lot of reputed accessories shops; none have a integrated display + auto-dimming IRVM. They all say, it does. But when you ask them thrice, they finally think and admit it doesn't.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 12:27   #3942
BANNED

Quote:
I'm looking for a parking camera with display on IRVM. Just not able to find one with auto-dimming mirror.
Quote:
Ford has an official accessory that includes auto dimming IRVM with integrated camera display + back up camera. Sells around for Rs. 12,000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I have the Ford-authorized integrated reverse camera IRVM on my EcoSport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
So does it have a manual dimming toggle or is that absent as well? I have seen some Chinese examples where the mirror doesn't even come with a manual adjuster.
FYI guys, not sure if the one in the below link would work on the car.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32601798045.html

Can someone post the image with OEM stock IRVM removed from its mount?

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-2.-oem-bracket__01.jpg
Old 26th July 2018, 13:11   #3943
BHPian

Wow. This is horrible. What is the button on the IRVM supposed to do then?

EDIT: Are you sure it is a Ford accessory? My dealer tried to rip me off by fitting a third party accessory on my car. Had to get it removed from the dealer and get the official one refitted. Could any one list the vendor? (Ex-Autocop manufactures the reverse parking sensors for Ford)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th July 2018 at 15:02. Reason: Corrected as requested.
Old 26th July 2018, 13:48   #3944
BANNED

Quote:
Wow. This is horrible. What is the button on the IRVM supposed to do then?
As per official Ford Accessory link or even link I have provided in the above post, the button on the IRVM will let you 'ON/OFF' the auto dimming function.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 14:35   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As per official Ford Accessory link or even link I have provided in the above post, the button on the IRVM will let you 'ON/OFF' the auto dimming function.
Just read that thread. I am pretty sad at sorry state of affairs. Why is Ford lying about the accessory list then? Do they simply not care or are unaware (sigh! *cough* skoda *cough*)

I'm glad to have dodged a bullet. I almost purchased that accessory, I'm glad I didn't. Will search AliExpress for a viable solution (hopefully an android auto infotainment + subwoofer too).

By the way, just noticed that the Ford's official website no longer lists auto dimming in the IRVM section even though a button similar to that is in the image.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks