Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-271.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 4494815)
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Ertiga
Variant : ZXi AT/ZXi+
Color : White/Grey

UPDATE on the booking - final choice

Variant: ZXi AT
Colour: White

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4498520)
May I know if you have got your vehicle delivered? If yes, can you please post some pics.
Most Creta's I have seen are white. What made you choose black?

The reason why I am asking is am confused between what color to choose for Creta when I book (soon!)
Black
Blue
Silver
Red

Yes we got the car home on 03/11/18. We already had a white Creta in our home, so white was not going to be the choice this time around. My father is quite fond of cars in black shade, we have owned many cars in that colour in the past. Black looks absolutely lovely in Creta, but its a difficult colour to maintain, do take that into account.

These are some random pics which were forwarded to me by my father, as I’m currently in UK and will only get to drive the new car in Jan/Feb next year when I visit home.

Make : Hyundai
Model : CRETA
Variant : SX(O) MT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date: 21.11.2018
Color : Confused with colour
Expected Delivery Date : max 30 days from booking
Dealer & City : Golden Hyundai (coimbatore, TN)
Freebies : Mud flaps and inside mat
Price : -

Booking Amount : ₹ 10, 000

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameOfCars (Post 4499086)
We already had a white Creta in our home, so white was not going to be the choice this time around. My father is quite fond of cars in black shade, we have owned many cars in that colour in the past. Black looks absolutely lovely in Creta, but its a difficult colour to maintain, do take that into account.

Congratulations!

Just a question.Why the different registration states?Is there a significant cost difference between PB and CH?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4499156)

Finally, decided on the color.

Color : WHITE

Quote:

Originally Posted by octane1002 (Post 4499159)
Congratulations!

Just a question.Why the different registration states?Is there a significant cost difference between PB and CH?

PB registration is a temporary one which is valid for one month as we got the car from a dealership at Ludhiana. This was mainly because no dealer in chandigarh had the particular variant in black shade available with them and were quoting a waiting period of upto 6 weeks. We have already applied for a permanent registration with Chandigarh RTO so the car will bare a CH registration only.

Regarding cost difference between the registration, I don’t think there is much difference between the two. Earlier Chandigarh registration used to be extremely low(Rs.2500 for most 4 wheelers) but it has been brought on par to the nearby states in the last 3-4 years.

Make : BMW
Model : 5 Series
Variant : Sports
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date: 10.11.2018
Color : Imperial Blue with Cognac.
Expected Delivery Date : December 1st
Dealer & City : Gallops Autohuas, Ahmedabad
Freebies : inside Matting

Booking Amount : ₹ 100,000

I needed a hatchback for daily urban commute in NCR, strictly a petrol due to my lower monthly running, so spent an entire week test-driving all cars in my budget and finally zeroed on the Freestyle petrol.

Make : Ford
Model : Freestyle
Variant : Titanium
Color : Absolute Black
Booking Date : 23rd November 2018
Expected Delivery Date : Most likely in the 1st week of December 2018
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, MG Road, Gurgaon
Total Discounts : ₹20,000
Freebies : None
Price On-Road : ₹7.44 Lakhs
Booking Amount : ₹15,000

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4499156)
Model : CRETA
Variant : SX(O) MT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date: 21.11.2018
Expected Delivery Date : max 30 days from booking
Dealer & City : Golden Hyundai (coimbatore, TN)
Freebies : Mud flaps and inside mat

Not sure if this is the right thread for this post.

Dealer called me now and told the car is allotted and he said he has the engine number and chassis number. He said he will share in a short while.

He is asking me to release the fund from the bank (-loan) and pay him tomorrow as it is month end so that they can allot the car to me as I am special case for them, already 6 people are waiting in line it seems :).

I know they are simply lying. Before doing PDI, do I need to get the bank money released and give the check to them? Whatever amount which I am gonna put from my hand can be paid later is what he is telling me.
As an icing on the cake, the Sales person told the car will be shipped from the plant only after partial payment. :)

Please guide or point a thread where I will get details on when to make payment..etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deemash (Post 4503634)
Not sure if this is the right thread for this post.

Dealer called me now and told the car is allotted and he said he has the engine number and chassis number. He said he will share in a short while.

He is asking me to release the fund from the bank (-loan) and pay him tomorrow as it is month end so that they can allot the car to me as I am special case for them, already 6 people are waiting in line it seems :).

I know they are simply lying. Before doing PDI, do I need to get the bank money released and give the check to them? Whatever amount which I am gonna put from my hand can be paid later is what he is telling me.
As an icing on the cake, the Sales person told the car will be shipped from the plant only after partial payment. :)

Please guide or point a thread where I will get details on when to make payment..etc.

Big and emphatic No.
Don't fall for this You are special line. It won't even get a Tinder Swipe let alone a few Lakhs. Release the payment only after VIN check and PDI.
Always be vary of this jumping the queue and giving preference to you type of SA's. They are cheating not just one prospective customer but many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Haddock (Post 4469918)
Model- Punto evo powertech emotion
Make- FCA
Fuel- Diesel
Booking date 15th September
Dealer- Deedi Automobiles
City- Trivandrum
On road price-7.7 lakhs
Offer- 90k
Extra costs- Underbody coating, seatcovers
Insurance- 3 years bundle paid
Expected delivery- 3rd week of November
Why delay- Out of town for business purpose
Why booked earlier- Heard last lot of Puntos on offer
Finance- 3 lakhs downpayment rest 5 year loan
Colour- Magnesia grey

Small update on this- The stock for 2018 emotion variant has run out. Deedi is promising a 2019 model, I believe this could be one of the last batches of Fiat being rolled out in India. Expected delivery date pushed to Jan 19 2nd week

Model : Ertiga
Variant : VXi MT
Color : Oxford Blue
Booking Date : 29/Nov/2018
Expected Delivery Date : 2nd Week of January
Dealer & City : Pillai & Sons Maruti Arena, Thanjavur
Total Discounts : Nil
Freebies : Nil
Price On-Road : ₹9,72,000
Booking Amount : ₹11,000

I would like to request all members posting their booking details to also mention the Discounts they have managed to get. I see a lot of posts here where that part of the booking detail is left blank. I think it would of great help for fellow members considering the same car across the country. If you feel uncomfortable or have a commitment to the dealer for not sharing the deal, you can instead skip the dealer name and city you have booked the car in. Just a thought.

Make : volkswagen
Model : ameo
Variant : TDI TRENDLINE
Fuel : DIESEL
Color : polar white
Booking Date : 01/Dec/2018
Expected Delivery Date : 1st Week of January
Dealer & City : autobahn automotives, nerul, Navi Mumbai
Total Discounts : 1,00,000
Freebies : Nil
Price On-Road : ₹742,000
Booking Amount : ₹10,000

Quote:

Originally Posted by shifu (Post 4494362)
I have decided to cancel this booking. I didn't like the fact that I have to chose between safety (2 airbags) and convenience (AMT). Tiago XZA(top-end) after about 40k discounts was priced same as Santro Magna AMT. So decided to take the Tiago instead. But by the time I could make up my mind, the discounts on Tiago were gone. So waiting to see what next.

So finally, I booked a Baleno Delta CVT last Sat. Planning to take the delivery this Wed.

I went over many AMT threads, and was not very convinced about buying a AMT car. Wanted to buy something smooth for my father. Convinced that CVT is the way to go, zeroed down to i20, Baleno and Amaze. All of them were between 8L to 8.5L. Baleno was the cheapest with the features that I felt are necessary, except the driver height adjustment. Will adjust without that, no pun intended :).

I got the VIN from the SA today - it is Nov 2018 manufactured. Tomorrow morning will visit the showroom for the PDI armed with the TBHP check list.

Model : Baleno
Variant : Delta CVT
Color : Nexa Blue
Booking Date : 08th Dec, 2018
Expected Delivery Date : 14th Dec, 2018
Dealer & City : RKS Nexa, Jubilee Hills, Hyd
Total Discounts : Close to 60k including corporate discount, cash discount, etc
Freebies : Floor mats, boot mats and mud gaurds
Price On-Road : ₹7,99,000
Booking Amount : ₹11,000

The first Maruti car in my garage. Not overly excited, but happy that the car search is finally over!

Will be heading to the "I Booked my bike" thread soon - hopefully ;).