Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-277.html)

So finally after a lot of search and research, I've now booked another car after the previous Ignis booking did not go through.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Elite i20
Variant : Sportz+ <- this is a new facelift from 2019 which carries over most of the features from Asta.
Fuel : Petrol
Color : Red
Booking Date : 20 feb 2019
Expected Delivery Date : 15 mar 2019
Dealer & City : Pune
Price On-Road : ₹8,45,000
Booking Amount : ₹25,000
Freebies: none

There were absolutely no discounts offered. I asked multiple dealers and everyone gave me the same answer. They even included rubber mat thing in the price. :Shockked:

No hopes on getting anything for free later at the time of delivery either.
:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandey.jai (Post 4517193)
Model : Ignis
Booking Date : 24th Dec, 2018
Price On-Road : ₹7,31,454

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandey.jai (Post 4551021)
So finally after a lot of search and research, I've now booked another car after the previous Ignis booking did not go through.

Congrats on the booking :) Any specific reason as to why your Ignis didn't go well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4549155)
Car is good, the petrol is a hoot to drive, but at nearly 14L OTR for the fully-loaded W8(O) it's not VFM at all.

How does the petrol XUV compare with the petrol Ecosport? Are they comparable in terms of (1) real world driving pleasure and power (leaving aside the power figures on paper for a moment) and (2) ride quality and comfort?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 4552212)
Congrats on the booking :) Any specific reason as to why your Ignis didn't go well?

The dealer promised a newly manufactured ignis at the time but ended up allocating one which was manufactured 6months ago. Walked out of the deal after giving him additional chances to sort it out.

I’d booked a SKODA rapid Monte Carlo on Feb 20 th. Expected delivery by March 10. Dealer says it’s MY2019 car made in 2019.

Make : Ford19
Model : Aspire
Variant: Trend+
Fuel : Diesel
Color : Smoked Grey
Booking Date : 04 March 2019
Expected Delivery Date : 10 March 2019
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Delhi
Price On-Road : Rs 8,53,680
Booking Amount : Rs 10000
Freebies: Rs 20000 (cash discount) + Rs 8000 (insurance discount) + Rs 3323 (free essential kit) + Rs 3000 (corporate discount)

Model : Creta
Variant : E+
Fuel : Petrol
Color : White
Booking Date : 08 March 2019
Expected Delivery Date : 28 March 2019 (SA said 3-4 weeks, we asked for it to be delivered on 28th)
Dealer & City : Mumbai
Price On-Road : ₹11,03,000 (excluding insurance)
Booking Amount : ₹25,000
Freebies: Floor mats and Mud flaps

Current drive a Honda amaze 2013 model and in exchange getting around 2.5lacs for the car. Chose creta after deciding between the XUV 300 w8 variant or the creta. Went to a different dealership to enquire about the XUV and upon returning, saw a Hyundai showroom. Went there with dad and he loved the car. Test drove both the diesel and petrol but considering our usage and having always owned petrol cars, we went ahead and booked the petrol variant once again. After adding some accessories as well, the on road price will still be lesser than the XUV. Although I loved the XUV, we took into account that it's still a new product and Creta is still a safer bet. Plus its a bigger car and with adequate boot space which was a concern for XUV.
Overall happy with the car! The 3 week wait is going to be long but hopefully the end result is nice. Any pointers for a first time Creta owner?
Thank you!

Hey lazyboy. Please whenever possible do write up an ownership review of the petrol creta. It will be the first review of the E+ petrol on this forum

Hi all, finally booked the Hexa today.

Make : Tata
Model : Hexa
Variant : XT 4X4
Color : Tungsten Silver with Infinity Black roof
Booking Date : 09 March 2019
Expected Delivery Date : Before 31st March 2019 (Will be using contact in Tata Motors to try and push the vehicle delivery)
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Baner, Pune
Price On-Road : Will update once extended warranty and gold AMC amount is declared by Tata for the new model.
Down payment : ₹3,75,000
Freebies: Floor mats and Mud flaps
Discount: 25,000.
Insurance: Will be purchased directly by me to claim no-claim bonus.

I never thought I would bring a compact sedan home. We have been looking for a proper automatic to replace the jerking queen Maruti Celerio. This will be the primarily car for home minister.

Make : Ford
Model : Aspire
Variant: Titanium
Fuel : Petrol AT
Color : Ruby Red
Booking Date : 14 Feb 2019
Expected Delivery Date : 17 March 2019
Dealer & City : JSP Ford, JP Nagar, Bangalore
Price On-Road : Rs 10,48,721
Freebies: Rs 3323 (essential kit)

Did you get to test drive the new Aspire automatic (torque converter) before booking the car?

Make : Ford
Model : Ecosport
Variant : Titanium S
Booking Date : 16-Mar-2019
Color : Lightning Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 12-May-2019
Dealer & City : GK Ford, Raipur
Price : 13,99,000
Discount : Nearly 1 lakh
Freebies : Just the floor mats, which anyway come with the car
Final OTR : 13 Lakhs

So after a lot of dilemma and dillydallying on whether to go for Diesel or Ecoboost, chose the diesel. Followed my heart, loved the Ecoboost, but finally better sense prevailed and chose the diesel due to my usage.

Haven't opted for Extended Warranty yet. Trying to negotiate for its inclusion in the 13 Lakhs OTR but I think it will not go through. Might opt at a later date. Just waiting for the blue beauty to come home now!

Finally after so many test drives booked the car.

Make : Tata
Model : Nexon
Variant : XZ+
Booking Date : 17-Mar-2019
Color : Glasglow Grey
Expected Delivery Date : 7-Apr-19 (promised 2019 batch, have asked for the VIN)
Dealer & City : Concorde motors, Bangalore
Price : 11,31,000 (excluding insurance which I will get it myself)
Discount : Hardly any. Tried and checked will all dealers and Concorde gave the best deal
Freebies : Just the floor mats, and Corner protection pads
Final OTR : 11,31,000 + insurance cost

They have an accessory front corner parking sensor worth 4.8K. Is it sensible to have this.

Any inputs on Car seat covers, Showroom guys have quoted 9.5K for Artificial Leather.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACFT (Post 4557901)
Did you get to test drive the new Aspire automatic (torque converter) before booking the car?

Yes, JSP Ford Bangalore has a test drive car. Even Cauvery Ford offered a test drive. Please check with either of them in case you need one.

The long explorations on "which car next", i.e. my second car, have finally come to the point of decision-making. I have been car-less for over 25 days, depending on public transport and the new metro in the city (it has fun of its own, though the fun doesn't serve all the purposes).

Also, realisation, once again, is that it is no easy to zero in on a particular car, though that is what eventually you have got to do. Thus, there have been contenders till the other day, till I decided, this is it.

Thanks to a number of Team Bhp-ians who have given confidence to me on this, especially since I have been an out and out Ford driver, having driven a Fiesta diesel for over 120000 kms, and since I have had apprehensions about every other car in the price range I would imagine.

The car I have chosen and booked now...

Model : Verna
Variant : SX(O) MT
Color : White (it has some special adjective, as the practice is)
Booking Date : 17 March 2019
Expected Delivery Date : 30 March (they say it takes approx 10 days for the new car to arrive at the dealership)
City : Lucknow
Booking Amount : ₹10,000
Freebies: I will get a few essential accessories such as floor mat etc. But I have declined their standard accessory package in which they sell "temple" too. I have also declined teflon coating but have chosen underbody coating. Among the paid category, I will be taking neck pillows, door scuff-plates, etc.

And I have also decided to purchase the 5th year/140K kms extended warranty.

There was, of course, not much discount offered by most dealers here. Still, some negotiations through a personal reference seem to bring about something in the range of 30K.

So the wait has begun.