Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-278.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniyo (Post 4560554)
Finally after so many test drives booked the car.

Make : Tata
Model : Nexon

They have an accessory front corner parking sensor worth 4.8K. Is it sensible to have this.

Any inputs on Car seat covers, Showroom guys have quoted 9.5K for Artificial Leather.

My advise would be to get seat covers done from an independent store from outside Tata, you will get more varieties to choose from and customised service. If you don't want the additional expenditure of time, you can get it done from the showroom itself.

Front parking sensors are a waste of money in my view. Have never felt the need for it on any car that I have ever driven, unlike rear parking sensors which are really useful. Would suggest not to go for these.

I am surprised at the lack of discounts, given that this is March where dealers usually are more amenable to giving discounts before the financial year end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4560752)
I am surprised at the lack of discounts, given that this is March where dealers usually are more amenable to giving discounts before the financial year end.

I did get some discount but not to the extent I expected. All I got was a cash discount of 25K approx, waiver off logistics charges, corner bumper protector and floor mat and mud flaps.

I was expecting they will include extended warranty in the deal. None of the dealers in Bangalore budged despite me willing to book on spot. Got the best deal from Concorde motors so booked it from them.

Time for the 12yr Old trust worthy Wagon R to give way for cute little KWID climber 2019 model

Make : RENAULT
Model : KWID AMT
Variant : CLIMBER 2019 new features Driver side Air Bag,ABS,Apple car ...etc
Fuel : Petrol
Color : Blue
Booking Date : 23 March 2019
Expected Delivery Date : Mid May.
Dealer & City : Bangalore
Price On-Road : ₹5,94,000
Booking Amount : ₹5000.00
Freebies: none
I was also told that there will be a 3% hike .

There were absolutely no discounts offered,As the AMT model is in demand .
Any feedback/suggestion is welcome as it will help me to negotiate with them.

I booked new car!:)

Make: Ford
Model: Ecosport
Variant: Titanium
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Diamond White
Booking Date: 31 March 2019
Expected Delivery Date: Mid April
Dealer & City: Moharir Ford, Nashik
Price On Road: 11,00,000/-
Booking Amount: 10,000/-
Discount: 20,000/-(Cash) + 10,500/-(Of spare wheel cover) + 5,000/- (Corporate Discount)

The actual on-road price was ~11.38 Lakhs but it's now reduced to 11 Lakhs. I think it's a fairly good deal because I heard Ecosport doesn't usually get any cash discount but I'll try for more discount at the time of payment.

I'm told I'll get car cover, mud flaps, carpet mats (4+1) . I asked for illuminated scuff plates, smart ambient lighting but SA told me it's of no use and I shouldn't pay for such accessories.

Finally, I booked my new car. After researching for more than 9 months, considering also every single SUV below 30lakh, booking and then cancelling Harrier, I finally ended up with Duster. Yes - Duster in 2019 :)

Make: Renault
Model: Duster
Variant: RxZ AWD
Fuel: Diesel
Color: Cayenne Orange
Booking Date: 31 March 2019
Expected Delivery Date: 10th April
Dealer & City: Renault, MG Road, Gurgaon
Price On Road: 14,60,000/- (inc. extended warranty, basic kit, bumper to bumper insurance, fast tag.)
Booking Amount: 10,000/-
Discount: Around 62k

Can't wait to get hands on it and take it for a long, long drive!!! lol:

Make : VW
Model : Polo
Variant : GT TSi
Booking Date : 3rd April 2019
Color : Lapiz Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 20th April 2019
Dealer & City : Vidyut Motors, Shivajinagar, Pune
Price On Road: 11.31 lakhs
Booking Amount: 50k
Discount: None
Freebies : None
Others : None

Finally after test driving some 7 Automatic cars(8L to 12L OTR Bangalore) over more than a month zeroed in on the Jazz CVT. The beige fabric seats and the boring alloys were to be changed anyways so instead of VX went for the exclusive edition that comes with perforated artificial black leather seats, black spoiler (from previous model), blackened alloys & door step illumination garnish. Extra 20k for these changes over standard VX seems OK. :)

Make : Honda
Model : Jazz
Variant : VX CVT exclusive edition
Booking Date : 15 Apr, 2019
Color : Orchid white
Expected Delivery Date : 26th April 2019
Dealer & City : Dakshin Honda, Bangalore
Price On Road: 11.38 L(includes zero dep insurance+1 year RSA+4th year extended warranty+engine protector)
Booking Amount: 5k
Discount: ~73k
Current car exchange offered(Zen Estilo Lxi BS-IV 2010): 1.7L (inclusive of 15k exchange bonus). Looking for other options if possible.

Looking forward to my first Automatic experience. Anything specific I need to check before delivery? please:
Planning to do a PDI in a couple of days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4575501)
Finally after test driving some 7 Automatic cars(8L to 12L OTR Bangalore) over more than a month zeroed in on the Jazz CVT.

Congrats! Follow the detailed TBHP PDI checklist and you should be good to go.

On another note, it is unbelievable how expensive cars have become today. Even after the substantial discount that you received, the on road price is almost touching the (fairly loaded) V variant (manual) of the Honda City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4575653)
On another note, it is unbelievable how expensive cars have become today. Even after the substantial discount that you received, the on road price is almost touching the (fairly loaded) V variant (manual) of the Honda City.

That On road was before discounts(11.38L). Post discounts its around 10.65L. Heck both i20 and Baleno CVTs as well are crossing 11L OTR Bangalore. Compared to those two Jazz struck a much better balance in terms of engine/transmission, build, features, space(this is sedan category, period!!!lol:) . And post discounts it turned out around 40k cheaper than both which I believe is not bad.

But yeah agreed these hatches are substantially more expensive now. Never the less, for manuals, there are still a lot of options out there around this price. Ecosport,Nexon,Verna,City etc. But sadly for automatics you barely have any. The AMTs are just not done if you are paying a million bucks :Frustrati

P.S: Got the VIN. Manufaturing month Feb,2019.

Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Ciaz
Variant : Delta (Manual)
Booking Date : 20th April 2019
Color : Snow White
Expected Delivery Date : May First Week (as requested by me, vehicle is available for immediate delivery)
Dealer & City : NEXA Baner, Pune
Price On Road: 10.78 Lakhs (Before all the discounts)
Booking Amount: 31k
Discount: 1.48 Lakhs (Exchange Bonus+Corporate+Consumer Offer for MY'18 Cars)
Freebies : Reverse Camera+Under body & Engine Protection
Others : None

Team, Need an advice.
The Vehicle is October 2018 Manufactured and the dealer has received it during January 2019 Second Week.
Should I go for it if the PDI seems okay?
I can shift my booking to a MY' 2019 car as well but the discounts seems too good and the final on road price of 9.3 is very attractive.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsyKing_775 (Post 4578537)
Team, Need an advice.
The Vehicle is October 2018 Manufactured and the dealer has received it during January 2019 Second Week.
Should I go for it if the PDI seems okay?!

If you are satisfied with the PDI & vehicle is untouched then definitely take the discount.

Idle age won't matter much if all things checks out ok in PDI.

Try to make sure you get the extension of warranty. Peace of mind even if anything goes wrong in long term. If you can squeeze in the warranty extension as free bee then it will be cherry on top.clap:

Dear TBHP'ians,

Very happy and proud to share that after having bid a goodbye to my City, and having agonized over the head-vs-heart dilemma, and having faced a heartbreak with the much-anticipated new Civic, I have taken the leap of faith, and booked an Octavia 1.8 TSI.

Make : Skoda
Model : Octavia
Variant : 1.8 TSI Style
Booking Date : 21 Apr 2019
Color : Candy White
Expected Delivery Date : 15 June 2019
Dealer & City : Autobahn Skoda, Andheri West, Mumbai
Ex-Showroom : Rs 20,59,000
OTR : 27,91,775 (Corporate Registration)
Freebies : None
Others : Only corporate discount of 25k, and a minor reduction in the cost of B2B (extended maintenance) nothing else offered for free

I have opted for extended warranty (offered by Skoda) for 5th and 6th year (4-yr comes standard) which cost 55k extra.

Also opted for the 4-year full maintenance package (offered by dealer) called the B2B package which cost me a further 1.23 Lacs. As per the dealer this covers all maintenance and service, apart only from Tyres and Battery. They claim that any kind of consumables, replaceables, oil, brake pads, coolant, parts repairable - everything will be taken care of. So basically (as per Dealer's promise), for 4 years, apart from battery conk-off or tyre replacement, I will have to pay only for fuel, and nothing else. One, I'm hoping nothing goes wrong, and two, I hope these promises hold true in case things go bad.

I've read enough and more on TBHP about how the Octavia "makes you smile" and "plasters a grin on your face" etc. What I'm discovering now, is how the Octavia makes a believer out of you. I'm praying like I've never prayed before, and the painful two month period of waiting will hopefully enable me to rack up enough brownie points with the Powers That Be, to assure a fuss-free 6 years of ownership with the Skoda.

Will keep you all posted on the developments.

Cheers,
R_S

What a surprise!! I was reading your post on Civic thread and just after that, see this! I can literally understand your thoughts on Heart vs mind, I am in similar dilemma where in Octavia vs Tucson I am thinking!

Anyway congratulations and your further updates helps me to fine tune my decision sooner by few months!

after lot of research, booked creta for auto diesel ..

Make : Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: SX AT
Color : White
Booking date : 22 Apr
Expected delivery : 22 May
Dealer : Safdarjung Hyundai gurgaon
Ex Showrrom 15.2
OTR : 17.35
Feebies: None. No discounts, as 4-8weeks waiting

I was looking for a Diesel automatic. After a lot of confusion between Honda Amaze Diesel CVT and Hyundai Verna Diesel AT (yes, I had confusion between cross segment cars with ~6 lakhs price difference). When decided to go for Verna, had a lot of suggestions for other cars. People hardly recommended Verna, including my family members. Still went ahead and booked.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Verna
Variant: SX(O) AT
Manufacturing year: 2019
Color: Polar White
Booking date: 23rd April 2019
Expected delivery: 07th May 2019
Dealer: Kothari Hyundai, Shankar sheth road, Pune
Ex-showr0om: 1404671/-
OTR: 16,44,000/- (including 1-year own & 3-year third party zero depreciation insurance with engine protection, return to invoice, key protection. 4th & 5th year extended warranty. RSA, RMK (Rubber mat kit), handling charges).
Discount: 95039/-
Freebies: None.