Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-282.html)

After a long contemplation, multiple test drives, hour-long discussion with family, between 3 very different cars (Tiago JTP, Freestyle 1.2, Ecosport 1.5P), went ahead and made the booking

Make: Ford
Model: EcoSport 1.5
Variant: Trend
Fuel: Petrol
Colour: Race Red
On-road price: 10.30L (including 3YR TP+1YR OD and Zero Dep)
Discount: 12k Insurance + 4k Accessories + 5k corporate
Booking date: 12th August 2019
Expected Delivery Date: 4-6 weeks
Dealer: Cauvery Ford (Bangalore)

This is going to be the first car I personally own (registered to my name).

I shopped around with multiple dealers, but the rough offer was same everywhere. They had some deals on old stock, but since I plan to keep the car for a long time, I didn't want to compromise on my preferences.

Booked a new car on Saturday, 10th August 2019.

Make : Škoda
Model : Octavia
Variant : 1.8 TSI AT Laurin & Klement
Fuel Type : Petrol
Booking Date : 10th August 2019
Color : Candy White
Expected Delivery Date : 28th August 2019
Dealer & City : Malayalam Skoda, Trivandrum
Ex-Showroom : Rs 23,59,599
OTR : Rs 29,34,048, original quoted OTR was Rs 30.55L without any discounts.

Freebies : Essential kit.

Discounts : A loyalty bonus of 50K, a cash discount of 50K, and a minor reduction in the insurance cost.

We have also opted for extended warranty for 5th and 6th year which costs about Rs 55k and this is also included in the OTR amount.

The car replaces our 2012 Vento TDi that has done 70K KMs. We also have 50% NCB on the Vento, which will be moved to the Octavia. The Vento is already sold, but still with me as a good friend is buying the car from me. I will be handing over the car to him by the end of this week :(

I believe the total reduction in price would be to the tune of about Rs 1.5L :)

Finally, my first post (for India) in this thread. The purchase is for my parents. The choice was between Tigor JTP/Skoda Rapid (Rider special)/Elite I20 Asta(O)/Baleno (Glanza) Alpha. Due to bad sales experience at Tata and Skoda, only Hyundai and Nexa were in contention but was blown away by the sales experience with Honda. Hence, the Jazz got selected out of nowhere and I realized that I had not even considered this wonderful no-nonsense practical car.

Make : Honda
Model : Jazz
Variant : VX MT
Fuel Type : Petrol
Booking Date : 10th August 2019
Color : Golden Brown Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 15th September 2019
Dealer & City : Capital Honda, Chennai
Ex-Showroom : Rs 7,89,000
OTR : Rs 8,70,00 original quoted OTR was Rs 9.16L without any discounts.

Freebies : Essential kit, Insurance, Mud flaps, Floor mats

Discounts : Cash discount of 30K, Corporate Bonus 10K

Make : Isuzu
Model : MU-X
Variant : 4x4
Fuel Type : Diesel
Booking Date : 30-July-2019
Color : silver then changed to black but finally taking white
Expected Delivery Date : 14-Aug-2019
Dealer & City : Mahavir Isuzu, Hyderabad
Ex-Showroom : Rs 29,21,987
OTR : Rs 29,43,751 (after discounts)
Freebies : None
Discounts: 1,00,000 on ex-showroom, price-match on insurance

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts1506 (Post 4637322)
After a long contemplation, multiple test drives, hour-long discussion with family, between 3 very different cars (Tiago JTP, Freestyle 1.2, Ecosport 1.5P), went ahead and made the booking

I shopped around with multiple dealers, but the rough offer was same everywhere. They had some deals on old stock, but since I plan to keep the car for a long time, I didn't want to compromise on my preferences.

Update:

Switched my booking out for Titanium variant, as it is readily available in Race Red/Petrol combo.

The car is of May 2019 manufacture, so the feature set should be identical to the current produce.

Make: Kia
Model: Seltos
Variant: HTK+
Fuel: DIesel
Booking Date: 26th August
Color: Glacier white pearl, all black interior
Expected Delivery Date: 1-2 months
Dealer & City: NCS Kia
Ex showroom price: 12.2L
On road price: 14.6L (Including accessories kit and 2 year extended warranty)
Freebies: 3 years warranty. I'm expecting some freebies from Kia since I prebooked. There were some posts in team-bhp which mentioned that Kia is planning a surprise for people who prebooked, but I have no information regarding the same.
Others: Added Accessories kit worth 8k. I'm not sure what's included in the accessories kit. Even the SE had no idea. I'm expecting things like floor mat, neck support.

Make : Maruti
Model : Dzire
Variant : ZXI AMT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 17 August 2019
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 2 September 2019
Dealer & City : Popular Wheelers, Ahmedabad
Ex-showroom: 7.79L
On road price: 8.61L
Freebies : Tea/Coffee, cold drinks
Discounts: 20k Cash discount includes extended warranty upto 5 years worth 13k. 20k exchange bonus (Got a total of 190k for Dec'2014 Eon Era+), 5k corporate discount, 1k MGA voucher and 3k Discount if installed MGA worth >15k

Quote:

Originally Posted by moshel (Post 4648051)
Freebies : Tea/Coffee, cold drinks

Definitely got a chuckle out of me.:) Even though no freebies, the discounts seem to be decent. Congrats on your new car!!

Make : Honda
Model : Wrv
Variant : VX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 31 August 2019
Color : R.Red
Expected Delivery Date : 8 September 2019
Dealer & City : Prime Honda, Delhi
Ex-showroom: 10.39
On road price: 10.70
Freebies : floor mat, gear lock.
Discounts: official discount was 20, 000 + 20, 000 exchange bonus. negotiated hard, exchanged my swift. hence the final low on road price including extended warranty, zero dep insurance.

Make : KIA
Model : Seltos
Variant : HTK
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 16 Jul 2019
Color : Steel Silver
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of Oct - deliberately postponed by me to see the outcome of the GST meeting on 20th Sep.
Dealer & City : Advaith KIA, Bengaluru
Ex-Showroom : 9.99L
OTR : 12.31L
Freebies : None
Others : 2 years extended warranty, accessory kit (idol, neck cushions, bumper protectors, boot mat, mud flaps, floor mats) and comprehensive insurance with unlimited claims included. I plan to install the official side step from the dealer. I’ve also asked them to get the alloys from HTK+, which they’re reluctant to commit to.

Here I am taking the plunge

Make: Honda
Model: Jazz
Variant: V AT
Booking Date: 22nd September 2019
Color: Modern Steel Metallic
Expected Delivery Date: First week of October
Dealer & City: Crystal Honda, Pune
Ex-Showroom: 8.75L
OTR: 10.51L
(includes
Honda Assure Insurance (1+1) + Additional 2 years TP insurance + Zero Dep.+ Engine Protector + Key protector = 23,112 + 10,432 + 7,656 = 41,200
Floor Mats + Cushion Pillows: 3199
HYP: 1500
Fast tag: 500
Reg. Charges: 99,281
Extended warranty (4th and 5th year) = 11,838
Number Plate: 1024
RSA (4 years)): 4,834

Freebies and Others: The car is to be registered on my SO's name, so a discount of 5K
Accessories: 25,000
Insurance: 25,000
Corporate Discount: 4,000
Total discount: 60,000

Make: JTSV
Model: Tigor
Variant: JTP
Booking Date: 20th September
Colour: Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date: 7th October
Dealer & City: Concorde Motors, Bombay
Ex-showroom: 7.59 L
OTR: 8.80 L
Freebies: None
Total Discount: 5000 on ex-showroom price and 15000 on insurance.

Make: Jeep
Model: Compass
Variant: Limited Plus
Fuel: Diesel
Color: Magnesio Grey
Expected Delivery Date: 07 Oct 19
OTR: 26 Lakhs
Discount: Matched insurance to online quote

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts1506 (Post 4637322)

Hey, firstly I would like to congratulate you on booking of your new car. Secondly, I would like to ask you if the Ford Mahindra JV has affected your decision of buying an ecosport in any way? Have you considered the affects, pros and cons of this JV on you as a consumer? Actually my uncle is on the same boat as yours and booked an ecosport a week back and expecting the car to be delivered within a week or so but this news coming up made him think again that whether he should continue with the deal or look out for something different. Your inputs would be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Aakarsh

Months of cross-shopping between the segments and we finally chose "The Worthy" replacement to our Bruno (a 2010 Ford Figo 1.4L TDCI). Here are some more details of the car we've booked :

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Polo
Variant : GT TSI Facelift
Colour : Candy White
Actual OTR : Rs.11.8 Lacs
OTR after discounts : Rs.11.35 Lacs
Freebies : Floor mats, mudflaps, car cover, Teflon coating (decided not to go for it), Zero depriciation add-on on insurance worth 8000 bucks
Expected Delivery Date : October 9th 2019 or earlier

Going to see the car today in flesh (for the PDI). Super excited about the first German in our family and I hope the TSI makes me smile everytime I take the wheel over (still having a tough time to get to reality after a very long Test Drive day before yesterday).