Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-289.html)

I finally took the plunge and did the pre-booking of the New Creta 2020 after the reveal of the same during the Auto expo

Make : Hyundai
Model : All-new Creta 2020
Variant : SX (O)
Fuel : 1.4 L Turbo Petrol
Booking Date : 09/02/2020
Color : Mulberry Red or Polar White
Expected Delivery Date : April 2020
Freebies : None
Accessories Planned: None
Price : Rs 17L ex-showroom (tentative)
Booking Amount : Rs 10,000/- (fully refundable)
Dealership : Advaith Hyundai, Bellandur, Bangalore

Other contenders were
i. Compass Longitude (O) Petrol
ii. Current Gen Creta
iii. Kia Seltos

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4760445)
Model : All-new Creta
Booking Date : 12/02/2020

Cancelled the Creta booking earlier in the morning today, after getting to see live images and videos from sources on Whatsapp & Facebook.

The new Creta isn't to my tastes, features & panoramic sunroof notwithstanding. Give me a better looking car with lesser features and a solid engine.

For the same (tentative) pricing, the Harrier XM or the XUV500 W7 make better sense. Heck, even the XUV300 top-end is much better.

My Harrier booking stands. Let's see how things develop till April.

Booked New Creta on Sunday:

Model : All-new Creta 2020
Variant : SX (O)
Fuel : 1.5 L Petrol
Booking Date : 08/02/2020
Color : Polar White
Expected Delivery Date : No idea
Accessories Planned: None
Price : Awaited
Booking Amount : Rs 25,000/- (fully refundable)
Booking Mode : Online
Dealership : Fortune Hyundai, Greater Noida, UP

Booked New Creta last week

Make: Hyundai
Model: Neo Creta 2020 (from what they wrote on the booking form)
Variant: SX(O)
Fuel: Petrol 1.4 L Turbo AT
Booking Date: 12/03/2020
Color: Mulberry Red
Delivery date: Unknown. No clue whatsoever.
Accessiories: Mats (maybe).
Price: 20 L appx (OTR)
Booking Amount: Rs 25,000/-
Booking Mode: offline
Dealership: Karma Hyundai, Noida

Saw some vloggers putting up their walk around videos of the Creta this week and I just do not like the wheels on the Turbo variant. Making me think once more. :)
Look at something else maybe.

To people who have booked new cars, any ideas as regards to, if the RTO offices are open to register the car. I live in Mumbai and booked a Superb which was to be delivered on 25th but now there is no clarity on it's delivery. Anyone have any idea if they will register the car before 31st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishaanranderia (Post 4775784)
To people who have booked new cars, any ideas as regards to, if the RTO offices are open to register the car. I live in Mumbai and booked a Superb which was to be delivered on 25th but now there is no clarity on it's delivery. Anyone have any idea if they will register the car before 31st.

Kinda off-topic since I booked a scooter and not a car, but the result is more or less the same.
Booked a TVS Ntorq on 13 March and was scheduled to take delivery tomorrow, on the occasion of Gudi Padwa.
Got the OTP for confirmation of mobile number though I haven't received any message regarding the registration details. This hints at RTO's being closed. Dealer was pushing me to take delivery on TC plates but I refused. I don't think there's any possibility of registering before 31 March.
The BS4 deadline is also expected to be pushed ahead owing to Coronavirus. Let's wait for an official confirmation though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torque_Curve (Post 4775852)
Kinda off-topic since I booked a scooter and not a car, but the result is more or less the same.
Booked a TVS Ntorq on 13 March and was scheduled to take delivery tomorrow, on the occasion of Gudi Padwa.
Got the OTP for confirmation of mobile number though I haven't received any message regarding the registration details. This hints at RTO's being closed. Dealer was pushing me to take delivery on TC plates but I refused. I don't think there's any possibility of registering before 31 March.
The BS4 deadline is also expected to be pushed ahead owing to Coronavirus. Let's wait for an official confirmation though.

Yup same here got the BS4 car, don't think they can register the car post 31st unless they extend the deadline, which i am sure a lot of dealerships will push for, otherwise they will get stuck with a lot of old stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishaanranderia (Post 4775784)
I live in Mumbai and booked a Superb which was to be delivered on 25th but now there is no clarity on it's delivery. Anyone have any idea if they will register the car before 31st.

I don't think they will be able to register before 31st given the current scenario.Which variant is yours? and what was the final deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagpatel (Post 4776081)
I don't think they will be able to register before 31st given the current scenario.Which variant is yours? and what was the final deal?

They only had a couple of BS4 superb left booked the L&K petrol. Final discount was about 4.5 lakhs plus an additional 50k loyalty discount from Skoda because i have an Octavia.
Seemed like a good deal cause the facelift looked like it only had some updates that i could live without.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagpatel (Post 4776081)

So I am sure you've heard, the Supreme Court has allowed the car manufacturers to sell their BS4 stock for 10 days post the lockdown so those who have booked their cars will be able to get it by 25th april

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishaanranderia (Post 4778367)
So I am sure you've heard, the Supreme Court has allowed the car manufacturers to sell their BS4 stock for 10 days post the lockdown so those who have booked their cars will be able to get it by 25th april

yes now they will be able to register after the lock down period is over. congratulations.

BS4 registrations seem to have begun.
I got a message from the RTO earlier today confirming the payment of road tax for my scooter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishaanranderia (Post 4778367)

So, is your care registered now? one of the dealer messaged that they can register, but i was not interested in these testing times where My car would sit idle for 2 months plus not a good time to spend 30-35L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagpatel (Post 4780124)
So, is your care registered now? one of the dealer messaged that they can register, but i was not interested in these testing times where My car would sit idle for 2 months plus not a good time to spend 30-35L.

Yeah, I got the message the car was registered on 27th, but delivery will happen only on the 15th after the lockdown. While booking didn't know the lockdown was going to happen. Hopefully the car is kept in a proper condition till then.

I had booked a Hyundai Venue 1.5L, CRDI, BS6 , SX (Optional) on 19th February 2020.
I was told in beginning itself that BS6 diesel version will take around 30-35 days as it was not yet launched at the time of booking. Earlier I had booked Forest Green shade but had to change to Denim Blue on 25th February.
I was told that color change won't make changes in delivery schedule and the tentative delivery date was between 26 to 31 March. In the meantime, lockdown happened and last I heard from SA was that vehicle was yet to be dispatched from Chennai. Means that even if lockdown lifts on 15 April, and car is dispatched on 16th, still it won't be reaching before May first week or even mid May. I sold my car and now I am back on 2 wheeler. Don't have any idea when will it come.

Brand- Hyundai.
Car- Venue.
Engine variant- 1.5 CRDI, BS6.
Model variant- SX (Optional)
Color- Denim Blue single tone.
Total cost - 12,10,210. On road. ( Including cost of HSRP)
Insurance- Dealer didn't insisted on insurance and told i was free to opt from outside. Insurance quote. From dealer was 65K, got it from outside for 39k with Zero depreciation, Engine protection,return to Invoice riders.
Accessory supplied in essential kit - 3d car mats with boot mat, Non illuminated scuff plates, Car cover,Door visor, Car perfume.
Dealership - Devbhoomi Hyundai, Mandi (Himachal Pradesh). It's the same dealership from where the clip of a girl driving out with a Hyundai I20 from display and banging outside cars originated some time back.
Reason for selection of Dealership- Simple. No other dealer in entire district. Whatever small and rural outlet are present, all belong to this primary dealer.

Pros of dealer - No fake assurances of assured early delivery, Despite lockdown the Sales Advisor rings up every 10 days.
Cons of dealer- Despite repeated requests, had to accept the handling charges of 4100. SA was personally known and instead of revoking handling charges, he talked to management and agreed to provide complimentary fourth and fifth year extended warranty worth somewhere around 15k. After this complimentary extension, I too relented and let go off my demand for waiver of handling charges.
What is strange is that 15k extension warranty was agreed but 4100 handling charges were not waived. Strange but anyhow, I am benefiting, why bother?
Updated date of delivery - No idea. SA too clueless till lockdown lifts.