Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-302.html)

Make : Honda
Model : City
Type: Preowned
Manufactured : July 2018
Variant : SV Edge Edition
Fuel : Diesel
Mileage: 28600 Km
Color : Pearl White
OTR : 9,00,000 (Excluding Insurance)

After selling my Swift, I was on look out for a diesel , either Scross/Nexon , though could not find one at a proper price.

After a brief search, one of our own bhpian, @Varun_HexaGuy , directed me to a immaculately maintained Honda City. I was initially hesitant about the GC , but I was bowled over by the space and premiumness offered by the "king of the Indian Sedans" when I took it for a test drive. After checking its service record, I paid the advance and within 1 week , I took the delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poised2drive (Post 4950182)

Great buy, the City still has a very strong resale value in the Indian market, and the car has really earned its stripes with its potent combination of performance, reliability and comfort/spacious nature. These core virtues are much more important to me compared to a boatload of fancy features and gizmos. Enjoy your new car, the white colour looks very good.:thumbs up I was torn between the white and grey shades when picking up mine last year and finally settled for the grey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_chandan (Post 4947360)
As I am planning to buy insurance from outside and very first time I will be buying insurance for a new car, Request anyone to kindly help me to know that, for a new car when I have to buy the insurance, is it after car registration? Or after PDI? And what information I have to share with Insurance company. (Little worry about it, will it be a hassle free experience?) please:

Or should I buy insurance from Dealership itself after negotiation.

No, the insurance has to be obtained before registration. You have the option of taking insurance of a brand new car, on any of the online sites (e.g. Policybazaar). Once you get the insurance copy, furnish it to the dealer who will then use it for the registration process. It is a completely hassle free experience to purchase insurance online, and you will save big bucks. You just need to provide the make and model number of the car, and if I am not wrong, the VIN as well.

Before that, just check with the dealer if they are able to match the quotes you are getting online. If yes, then definitely take it from the dealer, otherwise go ahead and purchase on your own.

(Note to Mods: Request to merge back to back posts, apologies for the same.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by poised2drive (Post 4950182)
Manufactured : July 2018
Variant : SV Edge Edition
Mileage: 28600 Km

After selling my Swift, I was on look out for a diesel , either Scross/Nexon , though could not find one at a proper price.

After a brief search, one of our own bhpian, @Varun_HexaGuy , directed me to a immaculately maintained Honda City. I was initially hesitant about the GC , but I was bowled over by the space and premiumness offered by the "king of the Indian Sedans" when I took it for a test drive. After checking its service record, I paid the advance and within 1 week , I took the delivery.

Congratulations man! Hope you're enjoying your new car and I'm glad I could be of some help to you. Here's to many more years of happy mile munching and yes, your treat and our roadtrip is due :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetancm7 (Post 4949821)
Make: Kia
Model: Sonet
Variant: HTK+
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Intense Red

I booked it on 12th November. my wife had insisted on this date being Dhanteras so instead of gold i booked Sonet. The waiting period is as usual 6-8 weeks, and I am in regular touch with the SE to update me on the delivery status. Keen to buy a 2021 model which the SE informed would be available only after Jan 15th of 2021.

Now the waiting period has increased to 18-19 weeks for those of you who have booked in Dec'20The "I Booked my Car" Thread-sonet.jpg. The Sales Executive but assured me that whomsoever has booked it prior to Dec will get as per their earlier intimated timelines.

Make : Skoda
Model : Rapid
Variant : Ambition AT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 09th Dec 2020
Color : Brilliant Silver
Expected Delivery Date : Before 25th Dec 2020
Dealer & City : Jai Auto Vehicles, Mathura Road, Delhi
On-Road Price: 13,06,549/-
Freebies : 90k cash disc + Drive Assure Economy package (11,390/-) + Registration Charges (8030/-) + Essential Accessory kit (8548/-)
Others : Gonna do PDI in coming days. Will pen down an ownership review once I get the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akash86M (Post 4950808)
Freebies : 90k cash disc + Drive Assure Economy package (11,390/-) + Registration Charges (8030/-) + Essential Accessory kit (8548/-)
Others : Gonna do PDI in coming days. Will pen down an ownership review once I get the car.

Congrats!! I got my booking done too, almost same deal as yours.

Model: Skoda Rapid
Variant: Onyx AT
Color: Lapiz Blue
Dealer & City: PPS Skoda, Bangalore
On-road price: 14.41 lacs (before discounts)
Discounts: 96k inclusive of essential kit & handing/registration charges
Freebies: Additional drive assure economy package included in above price.
Dealership doesn't have the vehicle in stock yet, expected to reach them by last week of December. Apparently brown and blue colours are a rarity and even this was the last car within these two colours in this/Ambition trims for the month here. PDI and registration by end of month or Jan first week.

Quote:

Congratulations on the purchase. You got a very good deal.

Booked it on Tuesday and gave a token amount of Rs. 25,000 while we sort out the loan.

Make : VW
Model : Polo
Variant : Highline MT
Booking Date : 08th Dec 2020
Color : Sunset Red
Expected Delivery Date : 25~ December
Dealer & City : Autobahn Nerul
On-Road Price: 9,64,859-/
Discount : 19,500 manufacturer discount + 14,859 dealer discount + 10,000 + 12,000 (delivery kit removal)
Final price : 908500

Looking at the exhaustive list of items I get in delivery kit, I'm contemplating if I should get that now :D. Nonetheless, super excited to get my first car!

The shortest time span that i could think of in deciding a car.
5th Dec thought of selling 15 yr old santro and getting a new one 11 Dec , got our new santro delivered.

Make : Hyundai
Model : Santro
Variant : Magna Corporate Edition
Booking Date: Dec 8th 2020
Color : Aqua Teal
Delivered Date : 11th Dec 2020 :)
Dealer & City : KUN , Chennai
Freebies :Seat cover , car cover , floor mats , mudflaps , door visors
Others : Exchange bonus, cash discount

Initial Ownership
Vehicle looks so premium for the color and interiors . Rear AC and Touch screen infotainment , air purifier all makes cabin look like a premium car
OTR : 6.74 , After Exchange and Discounts paid 5.35

So convenient for city drives , 100 odd km done with 11.6 kmpl avg
Upside
* Premium looks and interiors
* loved the Corporate edition badging
* Aqua Teal paint work is too good
* Light steering , ensures easy driving in city , not checked on highways yet

Downside
* Power window buttons in center console will get time to get used to it
* No chrome for H logo in steering
* Could hear the gear box in your ears when you lower your windows and do a reverse , it is bit scary though.
* Gear shifting pretty obvious but i dont mind it.

If any one plans to buy a santro , pls do it before end of december for great offers .
But You never know auto industry they will have another discounts in Jan too :)

Will post my ownership review soon after first service !
Cheers

Quote:

Took delivery of car 3 days back. Have driven about 150km, It's been smooth and enjoyable drive so far (fingers crossed). Delivery experience was as expected, good. Only thing missing was welcome kit lol: Was told they are out of stock and will be receiving new stock next week. Will be posting ownership experience thread soon. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4924817)
Make : Mahindra
Model : Scorpio :D
Expected Delivery Date : End of November (hopefully)

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4938684)
...but what is worrisome is that the dealer is not giving a delivery date yet. Says, will get back shortly and ensure will deliver before mid Dec...

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4945516)
...As expected, it has ended by like this. No delivery on end of November...

All right, got it finally. The wait was worth it.

Kudos to Mahindra to expedite it once after I escalated to some heads as I needed it before Dec 25th due to an upcoming out of station trip and not returning for a month probably.

Awesome dealership experience and gestures too with receiving a tree sapling as a gift and a fuel voucher of 7 liters.

Quick snaps below, shall post more on an ownership thread.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-whatsapp-image-20201217-18.50.59.jpeg The "I Booked my Car" Thread-screenshot_20201220095836_whatsapp.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenoed_ (Post 4958617)
All right, got it finally. The wait was worth it.

Congratulations for your new ride! Wishing you many happy long drives with it.

With this mean machine by your side, I am expecting fewer posts from you on the Bangalore traffic rants thread.lol:

Finally took the plunge and booked a white superb sportsline. It was a little over my budget but got a mouth watering discount and was getting restless over the delays in launch of octavia. Taking the delivery on Tuesday and hoping that I don't become a victim of skoda horror stories. This time heart won over head and I am still keeping my 1.6sxi Fiesta for few more years.

Booked the 5th Gen Honda city V CVT last week. Expecting a delivery by end of this week.

First I booked the manual variant but later changed it to the CVT. This would be my first Auto Transmission car, so really excited (and mentally prepared for the downsides of it too).

Also checked Sonet. Though the interior looks are definitely drool worthy (even better than the Seltos), but price is way too high for (mostly) the gimmicky features that I wouldn't be using much anyways. Plus, the rear door specially felt too light so not very confident about the built quality either (Seltos crash test "failure" is big in my mind too). Plus (and most importantly), the sales advisor was not keen to sell. The success has gone to their heads I think. They promised me the test drive vehicle at home next day but no one called me back. By the time they did (about 10 days later) I had already booked the City.

Ecosport (my first love) felt too narrow, specially in the rear seats. However, it is still the best looking and quite well built (my wife had to use both hands to close the door!). Sad to let it go, but the interior space plus that "Fly" Audio HU seemed too much of a compromise. Here too I was not given a test drive car as promised.

Last year I booked the Verna (previous gen) and both me and my wife absolutely loved it, inside out. The new one however is not so good looking from the front anymore, and it has gone up in price while offering all the same "useful" features as earlier one in the SX variant.

City was never in consideration list but availability of all safety features in the base variant (only thing missing is the two curtain airbags), eager and courteous sales person and decent amount of discounts bought us in. Test drive was arranged at home the very next day and all queries handled promptly.

Make : Suzuki
Model : S-Cross
Type: New
Manufactured : Oct 2020
Variant : Zeta AT
Color : Arctic White
City: Bhilwara
OTR: 11,18,442 (ex showroom) + 43,200 (insurance) + 1,30,938 (RTO) + 400 (Fastag) + 20,050 (3 year ext warranty) + 13,356 (seat cover, mats, body cover, plates, steering cover, boot mat, floor mat ad mud flaps) = 13.26 lakhs minus discounts
*TCS extra (not including it in OTR)

I finalised on S-cross after a very fruitful discussion on "What car" thread - Link

Need help on one thing - I did not like the black+blue+white color combination of floor mats sold by Nexa. Is there any suggestion for online order of S-cross mats? I want simple rubber ones (need not be fancy 3/5/7D mats). I checked out on Amazon and Flipkart but could not figure out which are the good ones. I am okay to pay up to 2000/- for this (what Maruti is charging for really bad ones).