Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-303.html)

Booked a new car on Saturday, 21st December, 2020.

Make : Tata
Model : Tiago
Variant : 1.2 Revotron XZ+ Single Tone
Fuel Type : Petrol
Booking Date : 21st December 2020
Color : Daytona Grey (Single Tone)
Expected Delivery Date : 70 - 90 days from the date of booking, irrespective of colour / variant :)
Dealer & City : Trivandrum Motors, Trivandrum
Ex-Showroom : Rs 6,13,000
OTR : Rs 7,11,780 (includes extended warranty till the 5th year, and AMC charges for the 1st year).

Freebies : Essential kit.

Discounts : A cash discount of 15K, corporate discount of 3K.

We might consider opting for the 5 year Gold AMC which costs ~33K.

The car replaces our April 2014 Alto 800 VXi that has done only 23.5K KMs since new. However, we are upgrading since we want a safer and more spacious car for use within the city.

The NCB available on the Alto's insurance will also be moved to the Tiago before it gets registered. The Alto is being exchanged at Tata Motors Assured, since we do not want any hassles with regards to ownership change that we might have to encounter if we sell to an individual. Over and above the price they will give for the Alto, there is also an exchange bonus of 15K which I have currently not reduced from the OTR price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YashD (Post 4903775)
Make : Kia
Model : Seltos
Variant : 1.5 HTX IVT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 6/10/2020
Color : Aurora Pearl Black
Expected Delivery Date : 25/10/2020
Dealer & City : SPL Kia, Kolkata
Freebies : None
Others : Dealer Belongs to a friend hence got a Good deal, Can't disclose the price.

Forgot to update the thread! The Seltos is here. :p

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-img20201209wa0056.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by YashD (Post 4963038)
Forgot to update the thread! The Seltos is here. :p

Attachment 2097145

Congratulations. Looks stunning.
Why not the Creta SX IVT if I may ask?

Booked my FIRST car ever after saving up for 5 years! :Cheering:
Make : Maruti Suzuki Nexa
Model : Ignis
Variant : 1.2 Zeta AMT
Booking Date : 12th December 2020
Color : Nexa Blue (Single Tone)
Expected Delivery Date : 27th December, 2020
Dealer & City : Jagrut Motors, Kudal (Maharashtra)
Final Price : 7.56 L (with 10k discount, company yet to be in corporate list so didn't get the extra 6k discount) /
Freebies: approx 3k discount on accessories (Rearview camera, floor lamination and mats including boot mat)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator (Post 4959679)
Booked the 5th Gen Honda city V CVT last week. Expecting a delivery by end of this week.

Update: got delivery on 24th. Planning to have an ownership review of sorts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodak (Post 4958845)
Finally took the plunge and booked a white superb sportsline. It was a little over my budget but got a mouth watering discount and was getting restless over the delays in launch of octavia. Taking the delivery on Tuesday and hoping that I don't become a victim of skoda horror stories. This time heart won over head and I am still keeping my 1.6sxi Fiesta for few more years.

Got the delivery on the 22nd and did a delhi-agra-delhi journey via Yamuna expressway. Happy to answer any queries and looking forward to connect with fellow superb owners.

Make : Tata
Model : Nexon
Variant : XZ
Booking Date : 27th Dec 2020
Color : White
Expected Delivery Date : 10 weeks waiting, opted for 2021 model
Dealer & City : Key motors, Bangalore
Freebies : discounted accessories, to be decided closer to invoice date
Others : No offers available, final pricing not published yet for 2021 model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator (Post 4963334)
Update: got delivery on 24th. Planning to have an ownership review of sorts.

Congratulations! Please do put up an ownership thread. I don’t think we have one on the new City CVT yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 4963847)
Congratulations! Please do put up an ownership thread. I don’t think we have one on the new City CVT yet?

Thanks. Sure will try to publish as soon as possible. I'm driving with a temporary number right now, so not taking it any further than the city limits. Once I get the permanent one, will go some distance to ascertain overall driving experience.

So far I have driven around the city about 50 odd Kms only. Just making myself acclimatized with the auto transmission. Initial observations- certainly not very sporty with instant push (I am not using S mode), but no slouch either. Picks up speeds with slight hesitation of about half a second, with speed following a bit behind the RPM increase initially. Any lag is well compensated by linear acceleration in traffic conditions and you can easily zip past other "normally" driven cars. Not bothersome in city driving at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadAxe (Post 4963265)
Congratulations. Looks stunning.
Why not the Creta SX IVT if I may ask?

Purely due to Aesthetics.
Be it in terms of the interiors or exteriors, Seltos excels! Ot had that "Wow" factor which is missing in Creta. The interiors too even though of good quality felt generic in Creta. Another reason being, I got the Seltos IVT for much cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavSam (Post 4963298)
Booked my FIRST car ever after saving up for 5 years! :Cheering:

UPDATE:
Got the car delivered yesterday on 27th December, 2020
The grinning hasn't stopped yet :D
What a day! One of the best day in my life making my childhood dream come true!
Absolutely loving it. :Cheering:
Final OTR with chosen accessories (not the decorative freebies) came to 7.65 L

Presenting the "Special One":

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123532.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_164205.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123935.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123918.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123913.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123906.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123900.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123603.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123558.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123552.jpg

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20201227_123543.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavSam (Post 4964576)
UPDATE:
Got the car delivered yesterday on 27th December, 2020
The grinning hasn't stopped yet :D
What a day! One of the best day in my life

Your post brings back memories from a decade back! It's a lovely feeling isn't it?!

Congratulations! We literally could sense your happiness!!

A nice fun to drive, efficient car, nice colour and wishing you lakhs and lakhs of km of safe and joyful driving. :thumbs up

clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana (Post 4964654)
Your post brings back memories from a decade back! It's a lovely feeling isn't it?!
clap:

Yes indeed brother! :) Even paying the booking amount gave me butterflies! rl:

Since it is more of a very long term dream for me rather than a need or an item of prestige; to explore India on our very own four wheeled vehicle and also to have the one which makes me look at it back again after I've parked it. Also, had to avoid the temptation of buying any other car (used or entry level) just for the sake of owning one for last couple of years.

Must say, it is worth the wait. Also, the lesser number of Ignis' on road makes it even more unique and special and I can't get enough of its looks (yes, even the angry eyed rear!) Enjoying the time with it.

Thank you so much for your wishes!

I know it's the "wrong" time to buy a new car with covid and all that, but sometimes the heart rules over the head. Finally pulled the trigger on the Mini Cooper. I had commented on Quickdraw's post about a year ago that failing any game-changing small hatch that can change my mind about the Mini, I would most likely book one, well the deed is done!

Make : Mini
Model : JCW
Booking Date : 15th Dec, 2020
Color : Rebel Green
Expected Delivery Date : 31st Dec 2020
Dealer & City : EVM Autokraft, Kochi
Freebies : 3rd year extended warranty and Basic service pack (which I upgraded to Basic Plus by paying the diff)

Got married this year, till now have been driving Dad's cars (Alto (2009-2017) and Baleno (2017-present)). Was considering a purchase for the last 6 months and after a lot of research, went with the heart :)

Booked a new car on Sunday, 27th December, 2020.

Make : Honda
Model : City (5th Gen)
Variant : ZX MT
Booking Date : 27th December 2020
Color : Pearl White
Expected Delivery Date : 1st Jan 2021
Dealer & City : Ring Road Honda Peeragarhi, New Delhi
Ex-Showroom : Rs 13,20,900
OTR : Rs 15,20,413 (includes Zero Dep Honda Assure Insurance, Road Tax, Fast tag, Tax collected at source)

Freebies : Nothing yet

Discounts : A cash discount of 35k, corporate discount of 7k - total 42k

Will get the PDI done today (30th Dec 2020), super excited!