Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Make : Skoda

Model : Superb VIN20 MY21

Variant : L&K

Colour : Candy White

Booking Date : 15th Feb, 2021

Expected Delivery Date : 15th March, 2021

Dealer & City : PPS, Bengaluru

What was the discount on the ex-showroom you got ?
Old 11th March 2021, 11:56   #4652
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
After losing my Fiesta 1.6 sxi petrol in the deluge in Hyderabad last October, I shied away from booking a replacement as i had a Figo tdci 1.4 in the household, apart from a Verna (1.6 diesel owned by my son). And all 4 of us were working from home from last March.
Congrats sir for getting another Ford! I hope that the Ecosport will not give you any niggles, just like your Fiesta and Figo, which is trouble-free.

And, one thing, I'm waiting for the ownership review of your Ecosport as well.

And, which cars did you consider before booking the Ecosport?

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th March 2021 at 20:10. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 13:56   #4653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Congrats sir for getting another Ford! I hope that the Ecosport will not give you any niggles, just like your Fiesta and Figo, which is trouble-free.

And, one thing, I'm waiting for the ownership review of your Ecosport as well.

And, which cars did you consider before booking the Ecosport?
Thank you so much. I certainly will put up a review after a month or so.

I am basically a sedan lover, but I hate compact sedans on sale now due to the sub-4 meter rule. And my budget was below 15 lakhs. The Honda City is way too over-priced.

This apart, my wife always wanted a CSUV. And with me being a Sr Citizen, the ingress and egress becomes easy---on my son's Verna and pal's Rapid, I need to crane my neck sideways during ingress. Therefore >4 meter sedans were ruled out, though I did think of the Rapid petrol turbo.

Among the CSUVs, I liked only ES, Brezza and XUV300 on the looks front---did not like the S Cross, Sonnet and Nexon from the rear angle. The XUV was eliminated owing to scarce boot space. So between the ES and Brezza, the diesel ES ticked the right boxes. The Brezza is available only in petrol and was not that involving to drive---the low end was good, but mid range was not that good. And it had a lack lusture dashboard and switches. Only advantage it had was better rear room (width) and no rumors of the company exiting India.

Though the petrol ES was great to drive (almost as involving as the Fiesta and good grunt too), the FE was not that great---a drive on Necklace Road showed instant FE of 8.5 kmpl!! The diesel ES was better to drive (except a hard clutch) and had decent FE. It is a proven 4-cylinder engine too.

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th March 2021 at 13:57.
vnabhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 14:13   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
After losing my Fiesta 1.6 sxi petrol in the deluge in Hyderabad last October, I shied away from booking a replacement as i had a Figo tdci 1.4 in the household, apart from a Verna (1.6 diesel owned by my son). And all 4 of us were working from home from last March.

Congrats sir on your Ecosport . We too had got our ES Titanium AT delivered through Vibrant Ford. Any updates on the delivery?

Last edited by Sheel : 11th March 2021 at 14:58. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Shiftlock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 23:38   #4655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Congrats sir on your Ecosport . We too had got our ES Titanium AT delivered through Vibrant Ford. Any updates on the delivery?
Thanks. Got it this evening. Just got back from a lovely drive on Necklace Road.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 02:22   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
To my good luck, another person who had booked the same variant and colour (Canyon Ridge) a month ago was allotted the car a week ago, but his bank loan was getting delayed. I was offered that car instead. I rushed to the stockyard for PDI with my son and found that it ticked all boxes. Per VIN, it was manufactured in Feb 2021.

Confirmed to take delivery tomorrow, after he gives me the final quote for insurance. I've asked for corporate discount too--heard it was a meager 3 k at the time of booking.

Will update tomorrow. Very excited!
Congratulations vnabhi ! Wishing loads of (s)miles with the Ecosport.

Lucky you, getting the car so quick. Mine is getting billed from the factory today and hopefully I will have her by next week. I know you have already taken delivery but what was the final insurance amount you paid ? My dealer’s price list mentioned zero dep insurance for the S Diesel at 40k and they offer close to 7k discount even before you bargain.

I have been accessories worth 5k free and am still bargaining to get a bit more.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 09:03   #4657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Got it this evening. Just got back from a lovely drive on Necklace Road.
Many congratulations, for the car and for the unexpected quick delivery - what a pleasant surprise when most are on the wait list for a couple of months! Please post a few pictures while you continue to work hard on the ownership review Wish you a great ownership experience. I have been enjoying my blue S TDCI for over 3000 kms now and the drives are getting better each passing day as the engine slowly but surely continues to break in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

My dealer’s price list mentioned zero dep insurance for the S Diesel at 40k and they offer close to 7k discount even before you bargain.
I got a cool INR 31 K off from my insurance amount - all I did was tell them that I would take the insurance from outside and they matched the quote given on Policybazaar, right in front of me at the showroom itself. The final insurance amount I paid for zero depreciation insurance was INR 34 K on a list price of INR 65K. Of course, this was 3.5 months back.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 12th March 2021 at 09:05.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 10:10   #4658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

Lucky you, getting the car so quick. Mine is getting billed from the factory today and hopefully I will have her by next week. I know you have already taken delivery but what was the final insurance amount you paid ? My dealer’s price list mentioned zero dep insurance for the S Diesel at 40k and they offer close to 7k discount even before you bargain.

I have been accessories worth 5k free and am still bargaining to get a bit more.
Wish you good luck. I was told that even I would have got my car by the end of next week, had i not taken the one yesterday.

When did you book it, and what colour? I got 10k off additional accessories i chose like wheel arches, door visors and illuminated scuff plates--paid them around 4500 after the 10K discount. The wheel arches are not in stock, but will be fixed next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Many congratulations, for the car and for the unexpected quick delivery - what a pleasant surprise when most are on the wait list for a couple of months! Please post a few pictures while you continue to work hard on the ownership review Wish you a great ownership experience. I have been enjoying my blue S TDCI for over 3000 kms now and the drives are getting better each passing day as the engine slowly but surely continues to break in.

I got a cool INR 31 K off from my insurance amount - all I did was tell them that I would take the insurance from outside and they matched the quote given on Policybazaar, right in front of me at the showroom itself. The final insurance amount I paid for zero depreciation insurance was INR 34 K on a list price of INR 65K. Of course, this was 3.5 months back.
Thank you Arindam. I too was quoted 64k initially, but was told that it could be reduced to 39k at the time of booking. This was a zero dep policy. But I sent them my 50% NCB Certificate that I had got when I sold my WagonR 2 years ago. And I told them i was getting better rates from Policy Bazaar. And i wanted Engine protection and Return to Invoice also.

They checked and gave me a Bajaj Allianz policy with all the above for Rs 32099, after an NCB discount of Rs 5376.

BTW, i was thinking of swapping the stock Good Year Assurance tyres with Continental UCs, but as the dealers do not have stock profile tyres in stock, I am thinking of retaining the Good Years for around 40k kms. Any thoughts?

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th March 2021 at 10:11.
Old 12th March 2021, 10:18   #4659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They checked and gave me a Bajaj Allianz policy with all the above for Rs 32099, after an NCB discount of Rs 5376.

BTW, i was thinking of swapping the stock Good Year Assurance tyres with Continental UCs, but as the dealers do not have stock profile tyres in stock, I am thinking of retaining the Good Years for around 40k kms. Any thoughts?
I could not avail of my earlier NCB, so the best I could do was 34K in Bangalore - seems that you got a good enough deal on insurance. .

The Goodyear Assurance is holding up quite well thus far, do not have any real complaints with them. Most users have said that they are quite hardy and last well over bad roads, so I have chosen not to change them (even more so because of the imported tires embargo). In terms of comfort, they are decent but not as good as the Michelins on my Honda City. Overall, the Goodyears have been a good enough tyre and should work fine for the time being.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 10:25   #4660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations for another Ford! Please do share some pictures, maybe on your Red Injun thread showing the successor.

It feels great when you get unexpected early delivery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have been enjoying my blue S TDCI for over 3000 kms now and the drives are getting better each passing day as the engine slowly but surely continues to break in.
I know this is very off topic but I couldn't resist asking.

Since I have you both as owners of two nice powerful NA petrol cars and are now dabbling with turbo-diesels, which one do you like?

The reason I ask is simple. My brother in law owns a 2015 Honda City petrol manual, 33k run and we'll maintained. I have a Seltos diesel. My father in law has a Freestyle diesel. After driving all these cars, both me and my BIL have found the City to be....rather underwhelming.

In the petrol, the action kicks in post 4k rpm but the engine note also increases exponentially. In comparison, diesel drama starts very early (and ends early too!) and is fairly muted at those revs. Even when I redline it, the diesel feels more refined which is not something I have dreamt of.

Last edited by ashis89 : 12th March 2021 at 10:26.
Old 12th March 2021, 11:52   #4661
BHPian

Those looking to register next week; banks may be closed on Mon/Tue. Ask your dealer to apply for the DD's meant for RTO, today itself.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 12:39   #4662
BHPian

Needed a 7 seater. Considering all the pros and cons booked an Ertiga.

Make : Maruti
Model : Ertiga
Variant : Vxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 8th Feb 2021
Color : Magma Grey (looks more like brown to me if you ask)
Expected Delivery Date : 6 months waiting
Dealer & City : Kothari Wheels, Pune
Freebies : None
Others : No offer
patel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 15:45   #4663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Many congratulations for another Ford! Please do share some pictures, maybe on your Red Injun thread showing the successor.

It feels great when you get unexpected early delivery

I know this is very off topic but I couldn't resist asking.

Since I have you both as owners of two nice powerful NA petrol cars and are now dabbling with turbo-diesels, which one do you like?

The reason I ask is simple. My brother in law owns a 2015 Honda City petrol manual, 33k run and we'll maintained. I have a Seltos diesel. My father in law has a Freestyle diesel. After driving all these cars, both me and my BIL have found the City to be....rather underwhelming.

In the petrol, the action kicks in post 4k rpm but the engine note also increases exponentially. In comparison, diesel drama starts very early (and ends early too!) and is fairly muted at those revs. Even when I redline it, the diesel feels more refined which is not something I have dreamt of.
Let me provide you an off-topic response.

I have also driven my friend's Honda City 2014 petrol model. The car suffers from lack of low end grunt, but has a great top end. On the contrary, the 1.5 tdci as well as the 1.4 tdci from Ford has decent low end grunt, and a fabulous mid-range. The top end grunt on the 1.5 tdci has not been tested by me yet, but the 1.4 has a mediocre top end, unless remapped.

This apart, the diesels are not affected much by the number of passengers in the car, unlike the petrols.

But the Fiesta 1.6 had a fantastic grunt both at the low end and mid range---and that set it apart from the diesels. The peak torque of 146 nm was at 3400 rpm, unlike the City where it is much higher in the rpm range. And this could be the reason why I feel the Fiesta 1.6 petrol is way better than the new and old diesels from Ford India.

I've no idea of the Seltos--but the Creta and Verna 1.6 have great grunt at all ranges of the tacho.

Just my thoughts. Sorry for the OT post.

Edit: I agree that petrol engines make a roaring noise at high revvs, while being super quiet at low revvs. Quite unlike the diesels.

Last edited by vnabhi : 12th March 2021 at 15:47.
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 19:11   #4664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

In the petrol, the action kicks in post 4k rpm
Ha ha..this is like asking to choose a favourite child Frankly I love both, the City for high revving action and Ecosport for nice mid range punch. But I have to disagree slightly, the iVTEC is very responsive right from 1500 RPM onwards especially with one or two passengers on Board. I have never had to see north of 3500 RPM on the City actually, there is enough and more power below 3000 RPM in general usage and with my not too aggressive driving style. Perhaps if one is a more aggressive driver, one might need to see the higher revs.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 16:44   #4665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I had contemplated about buying a new car exchanging my Punto evo 90hp that has run close a Lakh km in ODO. Choices were ES and SCross and paid booking amount towards both. There was a thread in this regard as well to help me in taking a decision. Thanks for all members who gave their input.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post5001983 (Punto 90HP replacement | Ford EcoSport vs Maruti S-Cross)

After detailed discussion with family decided on:
Our 2015 Punto to remain home as we cannot expect such a well built car at such a price in India anymore. Ignis that is the beater of family will be replaced by another petrol car primarily used by my wife. The replacement will be SCross.

Booking details:
SCross 1.5P Caffeine Brown Zeta
Booking amount 25000.
Delivery: Unknown
Discount: to be finalized based on month of delivery either in March or April of 2021.
Selling procedures of our Ignis delta is going on.

Congrats. I booked a Nexa Blue S-cross Zeta as well. March offers are really good -
15000 discount + 10000 corporate discount + 20000 exchange bonus. I got a good deal on old Swift as well.

Insist on delivery in March as they will apply the offers in the month of delivery. April offers are unlikely to be so good.

It is not yet shipped. So don't know when it will arrive
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks