Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 13:16   #5101
BHPian

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Make : Suzuki
Model : Ertiga
Variant : 6 AT , ZXI with option for upgrade to ZXI+ .
Fuel :Petrol
Booking Date : 23 October, 2022
Color : Nexa blue
Expected Delivery Date : Expected Feb 2023 as i wanted a MY23 car. Waiting time is 6 months.
Dealer & City :Competent motors Hamirpur
Freebies : Nothing, Not even a corporate discount. Hope to negotiate something at the time of delivery.
Quoting myself. Switched to XL6 Zeta 6AT in Dec 2022. Car indent raised on 2nd feb to MSIL by dealer. Meanwhile ex showroom price have shot up by another 12 K to 12.90 Lakh Ex-showroom.

As Usual, no ETA on delivery.
Old 18th February 2023, 11:53   #5102
BHPian

Make: Tata
Model: 2023 Harrier
Variant: XZA+(O) w/ADAS
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 17 Feb 2023
Colour: Orcus White
Expected Delivery Date: End of March
Dealer and City: KHT Motors, Domlur, Bangalore
Freebies: None
OTR Price: TBA

Will be first in line for this particular variant and colour combo as all other bookings so far have been for the Dark Edition. Prices expected at the beginning of March and Delivery at the end of March. Will be replacing our 5 year old Ecosport.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 18:05   #5103
Distinguished - BHPian

Always a delight to be posting in this thread.

Make : Tata
Model : Punch
Variant : Adventure Rhythm Pack
Fuel : Petrol
Transmission : MT
Booking Date : 18th Feb 2023
Colour : Atomic Orange
Expected Delivery Date : 4 to 6 Weeks as per standard answer, but I always got my tatas delivered within 2 weeks
Dealer & City : Kaveri Tata & Trichy
OTR Price : Rs. 8,56,000
Discounts : Rs. 17,000
Effective OTR : Rs. 8,39,000

Usage : 500 to 1000 km a month, chauffeur driven for dad. I might use it only during refills and occasional work trips. So performance took the last seat in list of priorities.

Honestly only 3 priorities :

1. Should be safe & have strong build

2. Should be spacious enough with sufficient underthigh support in back bench

3. Should look good

Replacing my 2021 Celerio. Dad was in a minor accident, where a 2-wheeler rear-ended the celerio and the bumper just tore off. He was so disappointed with the build quality that we decided to let go of the car.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20230218_104213.jpg

Choice of colour took us back to 2009, when dad wanted to get the sunset orange of Sumo grande. But then, they told waiting period for that colour was 3 months. We wanted the car sooner and settled for blue. I had the tropical mist (same sky blue colour as in my Sumo Grande) for the Punch. But this orange display car impressed dad.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th February 2023 at 21:29. Reason: Typos
PrasannaDhana is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 21:51   #5104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Replacing my 2021 Celerio. Dad was in a minor accident, where a 2-wheeler rear-ended the celerio and the bumper just tore off. He was so disappointed with the build quality that we decided to let go of the car.
I have been actively following your Altroz thread, I was actually suprised to know that you own a Celerio. I am glad you decided to replace it with Punch.

Suggestion: Why not get the automatic variant? It's just 60,000 more I guess. The chauffeur might not be available all the time, in case your dad has to go somewhere urgent, there is no hesitation in driving.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 22:00   #5105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
I have been actively following your Altroz thread, I was actually suprised to know that you own a Celerio. I am glad you decided to replace it with Punch.

Suggestion: Why not get the automatic variant? It's just 60,000 more I guess. The chauffeur might not be available all the time, in case your dad has to go somewhere urgent, there is no hesitation in driving.
Thank you! I always had one or two marutis and one or two tatas since 2000. Celerio was bought in December 2021 as a replacement to our 2016 celerio. The build quality has seemed to go even further down now. This is the first time in 28 years that my garage has no Maruti in it. Kinda feel sad in a way. I have owned 8 marutis so far. Punch will tally the Tata number to 8 now.

The "I Booked my Car" Thread-20230220_142256.jpg

I gave him the same suggestion. But he wanted MT and didn't want to go for AMT. One reason being, the driver will have to drive the Punch as well as the Storme v400. He is worried AT to MT transition on alternate days can be confusing to the driver. And he prefers stick shift over AMT himself.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th February 2023 at 22:06.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:33   #5106
BHPian

Hello all,

We actually booked two cars.

Brand: TATA/ HYUNDAI
Model: ALTROZ/ VERNA
Variant: XZ+/ SX(O)
Transmission: MT/ MT
Fuel: 1.5 DIESEL/ 1.5 TGDi
Shade: OPERA BLUE/ FIERY RED
City: Chennai

Reason for booking both Altroz & New Verna:

We were looking for a replacement of our decade-old workhorse Tata Manza. Our running majorly requires the diesel motor. So made a booking at the nearby dealer, with the condition of punching the order only when Tata launch it with the appropriate features which was shown at the auto expo'23. Why replacing a sedan with a hatchback? I got you, will explain everything after owning one. Just out of curiosity, after seeing the design sketches of the New Verna, we booked that one too right away(New car bug hits me high, right?). Why Verna then? If Tata decides to prolong the relevant updates to ALTROZ, then thought of switching to the VERNA.
Maxton07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:02   #5107
BHPian

I booked Kia Carens Smartstream G1.4T-GDI 6MT Luxury 7 Sparkling Silver on August 20, 2022. Delivery in 18-19 weeks was indicated by Kia. Dealer was Lohia Noida Sec 63.

But now, it is almost 30 weeks yet neither the car has been delivered nor any information from Kia has come about delivery date. I have been sending WA msgs/emails, visiting dealer showroom, sending DM on twitter to Kia but no info on delivery is forthcoming.

I am in a fix. Wanted to know if others have also faced similar issues with Kia and wrt Carens delivery?
Old 22nd February 2023, 12:05   #5108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbksc View Post
I booked Kia Carens Smartstream G1.4T-GDI 6MT Luxury 7 Sparkling Silver on August 20, 2022. Delivery in 18-19 weeks was indicated by Kia. Dealer was Lohia Noida Sec 63.

But now, it is almost 30 weeks yet neither the car has been delivered nor any information from Kia has come about delivery date. I have been sending WA msgs/emails, visiting dealer showroom, sending DM on twitter to Kia but no info on delivery is forthcoming.

I am in a fix. Wanted to know if others have also faced similar issues with Kia and wrt Carens delivery?
In anticipation of Carens delivery in Dec '22, I sold off my XUV 500 Diesel in Dec '22 before expiry of 10 years limit imposed on diesel cars BS III in the NCR region.
Old 24th February 2023, 10:41   #5109
BHPian

A little late in posting!

So, I booked my Mahindra XUV300 W8(O) Turbosport on Dec 18th 2022, at India Garage, Palace Cross, Bangalore. Although the vehicle was available for delivery in a couple of weeks, I had to wait for the auspicious date till after Sankranthi.

I was looking to replace my age old Ikon 1.6 and my clear requirement was that the car I'd buy should drive like that. In short, the engine in this Turbosport variant blew my mind. I picked the car up on 23-Jan-23.

Make : Mahindra
Model : XUV300 Turbosport
Trim : W8(O)
Colour : Pearl White
Transmission : 6S manual
Engine : 3 cylinder 1.2lt T-GDI
Torque : 230Nm (Momentary overboost upto 250Nm ) @1800 RPM onwards
Power : 128 BHP @ 5000 RPM
Dealer : India Garage, Bangalore
Accessories: Parcel tray (correct), mud-flaps
On road price : 15.1 lac

I'll write more about the pros and cons in a review section maybe.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-whatsapp-image-20230224-09.58.52.jpeg  

subramanyam84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 20:02   #5110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Make: Tata
Model: 2023 Harrier
Variant: XZA+(O) w/ADAS
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 17 Feb 2023
Colour: Orcus White
Expected Delivery Date: End of March
Dealer and City: KHT Motors, Domlur, Bangalore
Freebies: None
OTR Price: TBA

Will be first in line for this particular variant and colour combo as all other bookings so far have been for the Dark Edition. Prices expected at the beginning of March and Delivery at the end of March. Will be replacing our 5 year old Ecosport.

Things have started moving much faster than expected. With prices being announced today, the dealer has informed that they have a white XZA+ (O) dispatched to them today. Car expected to arrive at the dealer yard late next week. If PDI goes well, it should be part of the garage in early March.

OTR Price- 30,01,544 (with extended warranty)
rahulcmoulee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 13:21   #5111

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8liner View Post
Make : Hyundai
Model : Venue
Variant : N8 DCT
Fuel :Petrol
Booking Date : Jan 11th 2023
Color : Thunder Blue
Expected Delivery Date : Around April last week
Dealer & City : Trident Hyundai, kudlu, Bengaluru
Freebies : Nothing. SA told he will discuss on accessories once car arrives at dealership.
Total On-Road Price: 17.16 Lakh (13.44 lakh ex showroom price)
Others : SA mentioned there will be price hike in April
...(removed rest of post)
2 updates:
1) prices are already increased. On road price is 17,53,305 (excluding registration fee of 10k & additional accessories)
2) I got a call from SA that car has arrived in stockyard. Completed PDI yesterday. It has arrived 2 months early
There was another buyer who has come with us to stockyard for PDI of creta knight (Manual). He also got it 1-2 months earlier than expected.

Here is the pic of my new car.
Attached Thumbnails
The "I Booked my Car" Thread-whatsapp-image-20230226-12.54.18-pm.jpeg  

N8liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 14:17   #5112
BHPian

Make : MG
Model : ZS EV
Variant : Exclusive
Fuel : Electric
Booking Date : February 26th, 2023
Color : Aurora Silver - Dark Grey Interior
Expected Delivery Date : Subject to PDI, sometime this week, they have a few in stock.
Dealer & City : MG Gachibowli Hyderabad
OTR Price : 27,90,000 (Planning to get insurance from Acko and dealer was cool with it)
Discounts : Nil
Freebies : Pushing for Mats, Mudflaps and maximum possible discount on Ceramic coating.
Old 27th February 2023, 17:15   #5113

I have booked my NexonEV Prime XZ+. I got a 2022 model with 60K discount. Total OTR is around 15.55L excluding insurance.

Since the car was already in stock it got delivered within 5 days.
Sivanguhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 18:51   #5114

Make : Hyundai
Model : Aura
Variant : SX+ AMT
Booking Date :01 March 2023
Color : Aqua Teal/Starry Night (Whichever is allotted earlier)
Expected Delivery Date : 6 Weeks (SA says generally Starry Night and Aqua Teal colours are fast moving so fingers crossed)
Dealer & City : Trident Hyundai Whitefield, Bangalore
Freebies : Negotiated a 15k discount on top of ongoing 10k cash offer. Insurance from showroom was around 50k and I showed them 2 quotes for 30k with more bells and whistles. I asked them nicely to try and match the market quote as much as possible.

Took a short test drive few days back and a slightly longer 2 hour drive in bumper to bumper traffic today.

We are getting a sub-4 meter car, refined 1.2L engine + AMT, decent showroom experience, un-matched interiors and ride quality for overall budget of 10lakhs OTR.
Old 1st March 2023, 23:15   #5115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbksc View Post
I booked Kia Carens Smartstream G1.4T-GDI 6MT Luxury 7 Sparkling Silver on August 20, 2022.

But now, it is almost 30 weeks yet neither the car has been delivered nor any information.

Wanted to know if others have also faced similar issues with Kia and wrt Carens delivery?
Not super helpful, but here's how it worked for me. We had booked Kia Carens Diesel Auto on March 30th 2022 and got delivery on December 30th 2022. Mainly because I insisted on the original blue color I booked. They had offered white and black but I held firm. It also helped that I didn't really "need" the car or have an urgency.

So there you go, the record for the longest waited Carens is probably me. A whole 9 months.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks