Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-39.html)

Pretty decent looking car though IMHO I dont like the black colored door-handle. May be, either body colored or chrome :)

hpzone, Whats the OTR in your location (Cochin ?) ?

Prem.

waw. First Polo already book! That was very quick booking hpzone!
Any idea how many have already been booked with your dealer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 1751404)
Pretty decent looking car though IMHO I dont like the black colored door-handle. May be, either body colored or chrome :)

hpzone, Whats the OTR in your location (Cochin ?) ?

Prem.

I am planning to use this as a second car mainly driven my wife and no long highway plans. Hence Trendline, which is 5K cheaper than SWIFT Vxi in Cochin. Time to give way Maruthi SWIFT!

Here is the insurance quote from VW cochin, Rs 23219 for a 4.34L car:Shockked: They say it is covered from bumper to bumper including tryres. I will get a quote from someone else and hope half the VW rate. Also see the handling charges of Rs 5025, which they say is standard for all VW range. I dont know what they are charging that for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpzone (Post 1752202)
Also see the handling charges of Rs 5025, which they say is standard for all VW range. I dont know what they are charging that for?

This is becoming standard for many dealers. For me, the Chevrolet dealer at Hyderabad charged Rs 6000 for "logistics and handling" - yours is essentially the same thing.

Not sure if this is a legit charge! :Frustrati

Quote:

Here is the insurance quote from VW cochin, Rs 23219 for a 4.34L car:Shockked: They say it is covered from bumper to bumper including tryres. I will get a quote from someone else and hope half the VW rate. Also see the handling charges of Rs 5025, which they say is standard for all VW range. I dont know what they are charging that for?

+
The insurance for a car with showroom price .4.34lakhs can be around
Rs.11000 (Rs.100-200 plus/minus) i.e the calculation is around 2.5% on
showroom value plus tax. So the dealer is charging almost double the amount:Shockked:

Make :VW
Model : POLO
Variant : Trendline
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date :25-02-2010
Color : Candy White
Expected Delivery Date :Mid march 2010
Dealer & City :Vidyut Motors VolksWagen
Freebies : Nothiing,
Others : Dealer didnt share the on road price as expected to increase due to excise revision Just gave the initial booking amount of 50k

Quote:

Originally Posted by recshenoy (Post 1751503)
waw. First Polo already book! That was very quick booking hpzone!
Any idea how many have already been booked with your dealer?

40 bookings in Cohin on day1, many are waiting for Diesel it seems.

Make :Chevy
Model : Spark
Variant : 1.0 PS
Booking Date :20-02-2010
Color : White
Dealer & City :Trident Chevrolet, Bangalore
Freebies : Mudflaps, Floor mats, Perfume, Idol, Remote locking.

The insurance amount for the Spark quoted by the dealer is around 10k odd. Is this correct or should i look outside for insurance please?

I am off to get the Delivery of my much awaited Chevy Cruze Automatic ( Diamond White).......Felling at the top of the world :D

& I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night!!!

Make :Maruti Suzuki
Model : SX4
Variant : ZXI (without leather)
Booking Date :27-02-2010
Expected Delivery Date :As soon as loan gets processed
Dealer & City : Kothari Wheels, Pune
Freebies : Mudflaps, Floor mats, Reverse Parking Sensors, Wheelcover, Seat cover (faux leather)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suprateep (Post 1754206)
Make :Maruti Suzuki
Model : SX4
Variant : ZXI (without leather)
Booking Date :27-02-2010
Expected Delivery Date :As soon as loan gets processed
Dealer & City : Kothari Wheels, Pune
Freebies : Mudflaps, Floor mats, Reverse Parking Sensors, Wheelcover, Seat cover (faux leather)

Congrats on your purchase. Its a great vehicle. What colour did you choose? I have a couple of comments about the freebies.
Mudflaps: Body coloured mudflaps are part of the standard package for the ZXi version, dont need to be purchased separately
Floormats: See if you can get the transparent ones, those look really nice.
Wheelcover: You will be getting alloy wheels with the ZXi so not sure where the wheel cover comes in (or do you mean the steering wheel cover)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logical (Post 1752634)
Make :VW
Model : POLO
Variant : Trendline
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date :25-02-2010
Color : Candy White
Dealer & City :Vidyut Motors VolksWagen
Freebies : Nothiing,
Others : Dealer didnt share the on road price as expected to increase due to excise revision Just gave the initial booking amount of 50k

How much is the insurance and handling charges at the dealer? any mention on warranty period?

Quote:

Insurance is calculated at 95% of ex showroom price.

23219/- is high for a 4.34lac vehicle. They say bumper to bumper i don't see whats special about bumper to bumper insurance care; bumper to bumper is the norm. Ask them how much they will pay for plastic parts and tyres, for the high premuim you're paying you should et 100% on everything. Even for a brand new car, insurance companies will pay only 50% of the plastic parts price for regular comprehensive policies.

Anyways check out with an insurance company on your own, you'll get an idea.

Hi

I booked my first car. Its a Chevy Beat LT variant (Cocktail Green). I booked it on Feb 5th 2010 from KUN Automobiles Hyderabad. Still waiting on it.

Booked and recieved new I20 asta 1.2