Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-55.html)

Hi Guys,

I just booked an i20!!!

Model: Sportz
Variant: Petrol
Color: White
Dealer: Blue Hyundai
On Road Price: 647500/-
Features: It is fully loaded but for Rear Wash/Wiper and Defogger, Fog Lamps, ABS and Passenger Airbags

Freebies: 3M Sunfilm, Chasis Under Coat, Teflon Coating and OEM Body Cover with a discount on fitting fog lamps.clap:

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadri007 (Post 1879591)
My car hunt is over at last. I booked the Skoda Fabia. I know its a big suprise for all here. Despite reading all the reviews I still went ahead with the biggest risk since I found the car worth of it after taking TD. I know many of you here may differ with it. Will soon post a detailed review on my nearly two months of car hunt.

Make : Skoda
Model : Fabia
Variant : 1.2 Classic
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 10th May 2010
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 15th May 2010
Dealer & City : Vinayaka Skoda, Bangalore
On road price: Rs 6.13 Lakhs

Hi Kadri,

Congrats on the booking.

Does the fabia classic comes with ABS & Airbags ?

hey congrats Ravi Krish, Which dealer did you book it from in bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravi Krish (Post 1880507)
Hi Guys,

I just booked an i20!!!

Model: Sportz
Variant: Petrol
Color: White
Dealer: Blue Hyundai
On Road Price: 647500/-
Features: It is fully loaded but for Rear Wash/Wiper and Defogger, Fog Lamps, ABS and Passenger Airbags

Freebies: 3M Sunfilm, Chasis Under Coat, Teflon Coating and OEM Body Cover with a discount on fitting fog lamps.clap:

cheers

@Ravi Krish Did Blue Hyundai(The one in Mysore Road, near RTO) offered all this freebies.. When I asked the sales executive for i20 Asta he said that he cannot give any of the freebies!! How did you manage to crack this deal.. ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seagull76 (Post 1884022)
Hi Kadri,

Congrats on the booking.

Does the fabia classic comes with ABS & Airbags ?

Thanks Seagull.

I took the base model. All models of Fabia comes with Airbags which is actually impressive and also comes with Power steering, power windows.

Safety: Front & Rear Impact beams, Rear wiper & Defogger, Engine Immobilizer, Pre tension seat belts, Collapsible steering, child lock, side beams, Shear bolt, crumple zone, Fuel cut off in case of accident,

Others: Rear Fog lamps, Rough road package, Tilt & Telescopic steering, Rear AC Vent, Central locking, Inbuilt Music system, Hand sensors windows, foldable rear seats, boot light, Front glove box with cooler, MFD screen, etc

Thanks Raghav,

I booked it in Blue Hyundai on Mysore Road in Bangalore. It is just a few meters ahead of Concorde Motors.

Thanks Kiyon,

as for carcking the deal...shall we say some 'persuasive' negotiation? did the trick? Actually I didnt know Hyundai guys offer nothing with the 'i'. Lucky me then!!!:D

infact i bargained hard for free fog lamps! didnt work though. Now i guess what i have got is not bad after all!!!:thumbs up

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmalts (Post 1879761)
Hi,

I booked a new Golf here in Germany. I already started my countdown to take the delivery in 2 weeks. Will give more details on the buying experience here soon.

Make : VW
Model : Golf VI (Team)
Variant : 1.4 TSI (122PS)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 22nd March 2010
Color : Candy White
Delivery Date : 24th May 2010 (delivery to be taken from VW Factory at Wolfsburg)
On road price: 20,948 EUROs (roughly Rs.12 Lakhs)
Others: 28.5% Discount through "internet broker"

Congrats ...on the new 'Golf', do start a new ownership thread and post some pics ..have heard its a got a lovely dash!

WOW.. neat & cooool buying experiance, when can we expect this in india!!!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmalts (Post 1879960)
Internet brokers (or Internetvermittler) are getting more popular here in Germany. It is just an extension of the broker system. Just that these brokers exist only on internet. You don't need to pay the broker any commission. They get it directly from the car dealer (because they do bulk orders).

Here is how it works:

1. You go to the webpage of the internet broker and configure your car. The configurator will show the listed price of the car and the flat discount the broker will offer. These discounts are normally huge as these brokers don't have expenses in maintaing a showroom, catering to test drives, support etc. The dealer in my city gave me a max discount of 13% (where was I got 28% from the internet broker).

2. You get a confirmation from the broker immediately by email. You need to sign this and email/FAX it to the broker.

3. The broker then forwards this to a normal dealer. If you are lucky you get the contact of a dealer nearby your city (In my case, I wasn't that lucky). But for test drive etc., you could go to any dealer in your city. You would do this for service later too.

4. In a weeks time you get the contract from the dealer by post with a tentative delivery period. The broker is no more in picture. You do everything with the dealer from then.

5. You send the signed contract by email (to speed up things) and also by post back to the dealer.

6. In around 2 weeks time you get the confirmation directly from car manufacturer with full order details and the date from when the delivery could be taken.

7. You could then call up "Autostadt" (This is the VW factory in Wolfsburg) and plan your deliver date. You basically pick up your car from the factory. You and your family get a nights stay in Ritz Hotel and a factory tour free.

8. Two weeks before delivery you get the car documents from the dealer.

9. You take these documents, together with a insurance you purchased, to the registration authority in your city and register your car. You will immediately get your registration documents and your number plates. Remember that you haven't paid broker or the dealer any money until now (and the car is already in your name :) )

10. You get the bill from the dealer after this and you pay the money online (or through a bank)

11. The dealer will now email you your car pickup certificate. With this and the other documents + number plates you could pickup your car on the planned date from the factory.

12. Once you are at the factory you could hand over the number plates and other things like child seat etc. They would have it fitted to the car when the car is brought down in a elevator to you.

13. You drive back home with your beauty :)

The time taken for the whole process is not more than the time you would take if you go to any dealer here (in my case it happened to be lesser). This is because the broker is no more in picture from the second day on.

Nirmal

Just Booked a Scorpio.

Model-Mahindra Scorpio
Variant-SLE
Colour-Diamond White.
Expected Delivery Date-20th May
On road Price-~9L

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1884475)
Just Booked a Scorpio.

Model-Mahindra Scorpio
Variant-SLE
Colour-Diamond White.
Expected Delivery Date-20th May
On road Price-~9L

Congrats Akshay

Mahindra Scorpio looks best in Diamond White. I had actually test driven the new MHawk topend with the grand prix type graphics; I had almost bought this beast! I just loved it in that white.

All the best with the car's delivery. Hope everything goes well.

Cheers

I had booked my i20 asta(o) 1.2 in white in the last week of april, still waiting for the delivery. Booked it through Hyundai Motor Plaza in delhi. Still waiting for the delivery. But, all the dealerships in ncr say that there is a waiting of 25 - 30 days minimum on the asta variant and asta(o) is only on order. But, as i knew the sales head in HMP, so getting the option pack in about the same time. So, i should get one by 20th, hopefully.
I hope it turns out to be a good car, i mean as good or better than a honda, as i drive a civic, therefore the comparison. If this car turns out to be good, I would surely book the upcoming 2011 elantra, its "uber" sexy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayer87 (Post 1884807)
I had booked my i20 asta(o) 1.2 in white in the last week of april, still waiting for the delivery. Booked it through Hyundai Motor Plaza in delhi. Still waiting for the delivery. But, all the dealerships in ncr say that there is a waiting of 25 - 30 days minimum on the asta variant and asta(o) is only on order. But, as i knew the sales head in HMP, so getting the option pack in about the same time. So, i should get one by 20th, hopefully.
I hope it turns out to be a good car, i mean as good or better than a honda, as i drive a civic, therefore the comparison. If this car turns out to be good, I would surely book the upcoming 2011 elantra, its "uber" sexy.

Congrats Slayer!

i20 is IMHO the best hatch back today in India barring of course the Beetle and the Fiat 500! But in its class...the i20 not only wins but also puts to shame some sedans in interiors and cabin/boot space.:thumbs up

Have you booked a diesel or a petrol one?

all the best with the delivery of the car...hope it comes soooon!

cheers

last month i sold my 1.3 getz off after 4+ years of use. and we were looking for a hatchback, which is economical to run, since the getz gave crappy mileage.

so i have booked the fiat punto 1.3 MJD emotion pack, in medium grey. delivery should be sometime this week. i think that is the most vfm hatchback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1887008)
last month i sold my 1.3 getz off after 4+ years of use. and we were looking for a hatchback, which is economical to run, since the getz gave crappy mileage.

so i have booked the fiat punto 1.3 MJD emotion pack, in medium grey. delivery should be sometime this week. i think that is the most vfm hatchback.

Congrats!! Akshay, whats the on-road price you got & additional discounts you got.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arishi1 (Post 1889083)
Congrats!! Akshay, whats the on-road price you got & additional discounts you got.

well the insurance was free and we got some other discounts so the on road was apparently 7.05. good price i guess. will confirm with you though.