Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-62.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1966027)
+
Good bargain!
but the insurance amount as shown by you, Rs.23000 is too high.
It will be around Rs.13000/-

Thanks for your wishes Nairji.

And regarding the insurance amount, well I checked the price list again which mentions-

COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE- Rs. 23878

What to do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1966108)

And regarding the insurance amount, well I checked the price list again which mentions-

What to do?

+
In anycase you have nothing to worry because Insurance is free Ford
but they are showing a big amount to prove that they have give so much
freebies:D.
Comprensive Insurance for my car (I too got free offer from Ford) was Rs. 17,666/- from Bajaj Allianz (on road price of my car was Rs.711,512). And I have seen in some other members thread wherein the member has opted for their own insurance arrangements and the premium amountwas less than what I paid.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Polo
Variant: Comfortline
Fuel: Petrol
Booked on: 8th May'10
Colour: Black
Genuss Motors - Chandigarh
Corporate Discount- 8000
Expected Delivery date: Dealer said (and wrote on app form) 18 Weeks (mid-end of Sept):Frustrati . BUT there is a twist...When I had booked the car, my booking number was ~270 and by then Genuss motors had delivered 35 Polos. By end of May the nos rose to 60. During my talks with SM I got to know that Genuss will be getting 109 cars in June and 126 cars in July...So 60+109+126 >> 270. During my recent talks with SP I communicated this info to him. I also told him that my car loan has been approved and I will deposit full payment within 15 days...He has assured me that my car's delivery will happen in July last week OR at max in 1st week of August...SP sounds like a nice person and I too trust him, but if things do not go as per plan, then he might see other side of me:)

@Subaro123
- In your booking details you have mentioned about corporate discount (10000). Even I booked the same car, and I'm getting 8K. Can you please tell me which organization you belong to ? I am from Infosys. When I had booked the car, SP told me comfortline had 8K discount, and highline had 10K discount. Have the figures changed after that of was I taken for a ride!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1966289)
Comprensive Insurance for my car (I too got free offer from Ford) was Rs. 17,666/- from Bajaj Allianz (on road price of my car was Rs.711,512). And I have seen in some other members thread wherein the member has opted for their own insurance arrangements and the premium amountwas less than what I paid.

That is because they had the NCB carried over from the previous car. 18K is the correct amount for the 1.6L petrol. It's about 15K for the 1.4L diesel because 3rd party insurance costs much more for cars above 1.5L. Ford can claim any amount as insurance when they are giving it for free. Mine says 28K.

So that means the dealers are showing more amount than what actually costs for the insurance to give a feeling to the buyer that they are getting high discount for the car plus freebies from the particular dealer ! - Just a sales technique?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1965485)
Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta
Variant : 1.6S (Sports)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 19th Jun 2010
Color : Sea Grey
Expected Delivery Date : End of July, 2010
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon
Freebies :
1. First Year Insurance worth Rs. 23000 (By Ford)
2. Corporate Discount- Rs. 15000
2. Essential Kit (Genuine Ford Floor Mats- Black)
3. Genuine Ford Dicky Mat
4. Ford Approved Gear Lock
5. Spare Alloy Wheel
6. Underbody Rust Treatment by 3M

Final Price including everything- Rs. 7,34,000
LOL! The ex-showroom Price is Rs. 7,33,000clap:

Hey BHPians! How is this for a deal?:)

Hi Abhipura,

Congratulations:thumbs up. Its raining "S" on the forum and esp sea greys. You have stuck Gold my friend. Thats a fantastic deal. I think sea grey is the new in thing for the Fiestas;). Recently there was a booking of Figo in the same colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1968045)
So that means the dealers are showing more amount than what actually costs for the insurance to give a feeling to the buyer that they are getting high discount for the car plus freebies from the particular dealer ! - Just a sales technique?

Absolutely, they do it all the times. In my case the argument for an inflated insurance amount was maintaining the showroom:Shockked:. I was stumped initially wondering why would I pay for the showroom maintenance. Hence decide to take insurance from outside. Costed me 18K.:thumbs up

Quote:

What to do?

Congratulations on new buy!

Insurance amount depends on Ex-showroom price! So what was the Ex-show room price? Amount you have quoted is same in most cases, it is given by ford. Usually it cost around 18K for Comprehensive insurance from Bajaj, Drive assure costs another 6K more. Advantage with drive assure is plastic, fiber and Glass items are covered 100%. If you can strike deal with ur dealer ask for Drive assure (remember any case of accidents, its side mirror & bumper are most likely to get affected), even if you have to pay. It is worth to have drive assure with our mad traffic sense.

Another trick I have seen by ford dealers are claim ex-show room, and actually show another amount. friend of mine when he went with free insurance deal (as is case with most non-corporate customers), he has been told ex-showroom 6lakhs, and when he got registered car it has been shown 4.995 lakhs to get benefit of road tax. With this the change amount in road-tax, insurance etc pocketed by dealer himself. When friend asked, dealer told it will be benefit to m friend as he doesn't have to pay much tax. But my friend forgot to do simple maths that he already paid road tax amount to original price, add to that his vehicle is already deprecated (from insurance point of view!).

Before signing Form 22 (for registration) demand copy of invoice. Demand covering note of Insurance.

Congrats SidzPolo, The SP is right on corporate discounts. 10K is for HL.

Quote:

What to do?

No doubt the insurance amount quoted above is super inflated. They do it to make you feel they give a huge discount "if requested" or they most of the times make a killing with that amount with gullible customers.

I got a similar quote (Rs.24K) for a D Segment car which was brought down instantly from Rs.32,500. So posing questions will always help:)

So for a Fiesta 13K seems like the right amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1969099)
No doubt the insurance amount quoted above is super inflated. They do it to make you feel they give a huge discount "if requested" or they most of the times make a killing with that amount with gullible customers.

I got a similar quote (Rs.24K) for a D Segment car which was brought down instantly from Rs.32,500. So posing questions will always help:)

So for a Fiesta 13K seems like the right amount.

13K is less unless you are take it from ICICI lombardo!. Bajaj Allianz, IFFKO Tokio and National Insurance (ford recognized insurances) all have in the range of 17.5K to 18.5K assuming ex-showroom is Rs 6.5lakhs. I got these quotes when I bought my Fiesta in May 2010!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaguHolla (Post 1970345)
13K is less unless you are take it from ICICI lombardo!. Bajaj Allianz, IFFKO Tokio and National Insurance (ford recognized insurances) all have in the range of 17.5K to 18.5K assuming ex-showroom is Rs 6.5lakhs. I got these quotes when I bought my Fiesta in May 2010!

Even ICICI Lombard have something in the range of 18K, which I had got done in Nov 2009 for my Fiesta. This was after my NCB of previous car and ARAI certified security discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1965485)
Make : Ford
Model : Fiesta
Variant : 1.6S (Sports)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 19th Jun 2010
Color : Sea Grey
Expected Delivery Date : End of July, 2010
Dealer & City : Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon
Freebies :
1. First Year Insurance worth Rs. 23000 (By Ford)
2. Corporate Discount- Rs. 15000
2. Essential Kit (Genuine Ford Floor Mats- Black)
3. Genuine Ford Dicky Mat
4. Ford Approved Gear Lock
5. Underbody Rust Treatment by 3M
Others: *Spare alloy wheel at a special rate (Deducted 3500+ 5-6% of MRP from the price)*
Final Price including everything- Rs. 7,36,000 maximum instead of the previous 7,34,000
LOL! The ex-showroom Price is Rs. 7,33,000clap:

Hey BHPians! How is this for a deal?:)

My deal got tweaked a bit!
Changes in bold italics. The spare alloy wheel is being given at a discounted price.
Does it sound worth it now? Comments please.

The dealer is still to call me for confirming the amount to be paid by me. For the time being, can somebody post the cost of the spare alloy wheel for the "S" version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaguHolla (Post 1970345)

For an ex-showroom of Rs.11.60 Lakhs, i got an insurance quote from HDFC bank for Rs.24,500.

Compared to above, 18K for 6.5 Lakhs ex-showroom seemed quite expensive.

MAKE Hyundai
MODEL i20
VARIANT Sportz
FUEL Diesel
BOOKING DATE 14th June 2010
COLOUR Dark Grey Metallic
EDD End of August
DEALER & CITY KUN HYUNDAI, Pondicherry FREEBIES NO SHIT:Frustrati
PRICE 6.70 LAKHS
stupid: