Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-66.html)

Hi!
An update-
Quite surprisingly and well ahead of time, I got a prompt call from the Sales Manager, Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon regarding delivery of my vehicle. They told me that my car would reach their stockyard tomorrow evening and that I can take away my car on 23rd July if I pay by cash. But, the problem is that I wouldn't be paying in cash, so, my father decided that we shall get our car on Sunday but, maybe I shall convince him to get it earlier, he went on a business trip to Mumbai today and will return tomorrow evening, let's see how it goes. I can't WAIT!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekshukla (Post 1987238)
Booked a Fiat Linea 1.4 Petrol Emotion+ without ever taking a test drive on 10th July at KHT Motors, Bangalore

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1991049)
Never ever book a car without driving it yourself first. Don't go by my reviews, nor by anyone else's.

Guess what ! he has been allotted a January 2010 Vehicle . May be the dealer thought he has nothing to do with car. But he found it and raised the alarm. Fiat intervened and now he got allotted a June 2010 Car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 1991439)

Make : FIAT
Model : Palio Stile 1.3 SDX
Variant : SDX (Top-end)
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 21st Jul 2010
Color : Furnace Red
Expected Delivery Date : October 2010
Dealer & City : Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road, Bangalore
Freebies : None. Price was already dropped by Fiat by over a lakh.

Thought came, researched, finalized, BOOKED! All in under 16 hours. What do you guys think about the decision I made?

Amazing story! Congratulations!!

Being a Palio owner myself, I can relate to your liking of Palio :) Given that recently Palios are selling in single digits, you are likely to create a big jump is nationwide Palio sells for the month of October (or hopefully sooner)!

Jokes apart, do you seriously think Palio MJD is a good buy today given that it does not have ABS and airbags? One thing that I did not like in my Palio is the brakes; they are quite poor. I believe if Fiat adds all the safety features to Palio, it will become a very good buy even today. It is definitely more spacious than a Punto.

^ I am very very content with my booking being a hard core fan of Fiat. I am also a co-founder for Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore, motto and vision is to save good old Fiats and Padminis and help members maintain and source parts for them.

When it comes to safety, I am still dated. I definitely wouldnt mind not having ABS and airbags. I still drive the good old Fiat 1100's and 118 NE's at break neck speed and never felt the need of safety.

YOU and ANYBODY would be surprised to know that 2 of my collegues too booked the SDX today. Their decision was made in a hours time after I told them about mine in the morning. Mind you, both were not looking to buy a new car. One drives a WagonR and other a Palio petrol. Without hesitation, the booked. My knowledge about this helped. We spent 10 minutes at the dealership, period. 6 of the minutes were waiting for the receipts.

Dealership also confirmd that they already have had 3 bookings in last week. In 6-8 days, 6 bookings are superb! Moreover, many more at my office are considering to buy the Palio SDX. Will update you in couple of days on the progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 1992834)
^ I am very very content with my booking being a hard core fan of Fiat. I am also a co-founder for Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore, motto and vision is to save good old Fiats and Padminis and help members maintain and source parts for them.

My apologies for not knowing this. Great to hear from a hard core Fiat fan! Hope to meet you sometime in Bangalore. I too love my Palio and in spite of being in search of a new car, I am planning to keep my Palio as long as it can live!

Quote:

YOU and ANYBODY would be surprised to know that 2 of my collegues too booked the SDX today. Their decision was made in a hours time after I told them about mine in the morning. Mind you, both were not looking to buy a new car. One drives a WagonR and other a Palio petrol. Without hesitation, the booked. My knowledge about this helped. We spent 10 minutes at the dealership, period. 6 of the minutes were waiting for the receipts.
Yes, I am indeed very surprised. But in a pleasant way! Good to know that people are still buying Palio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1991725)
Guess what ! he has been allotted a January 2010 Vehicle . May be the dealer thought he has nothing to do with car. But he found it and raised the alarm. Fiat intervened and now he got allotted a June 2010 Car.

I have been driving for several years and several cars, so know a lot about cars in general. Though, I test drove almost every other car, it was one or other thing that kept pushing my decision in favor of Linea. I took a test drive of SX4 and didn't feel much difference when I held the steering wheel as compared to my current ride - WagonR (I have changed the steering wheel to the new design). Even the drive was very similar; suspension setup, turning radius are typical Maruti except the surge in power. I didn't choose Fiesta because it is now an old design. I want to keep the new car for atleast another 4 years and didn't want to see a new car being labeled an old model in the next 6 months, if a refreshed Fiesta is launched.

ANHC though drives well but found way too light to hold and drive. Moreover, my wife doesn't like the looks so it was ruled out.

I have been following every thread on the forum on Linea and now know the car in and out and never missed not driving the car while booking. Last saturday dealer finally brought the car to my home and I took a long test drive almost 50 kms - and boy! I loved the car. I will post test drive, purchase and ownership experience when I get the car.

Many thanks to Wildon for helping me out with the VIN.

^^ @ Dr.AD: Thanks a lot. I will be glad to meet you. Hope you keep the Palio chugging for many many more years to come by. I will invite you whenever we conduct the next rally for Fiat 1100 cars. You could meet me and many more die hard Fiatians and also witness many beutiful Fiat cars.

Another update: One more friend of mine is joining the bandwagon of Palio. He will book it shortly. We have also sent out a mailer to all our Fiat club members stating its the last chance to own a Paio if anyone had interest. Lets see how it goes.

Booked my dream car today.

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : V-MT
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : July 24th, 2010
Color : Polished Metal Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : 31st July
Dealer & City : Magnum Honda, Bangalore
Freebies : Reverse Sensors, Llumar Sun Films
Others : Exchanged my 2004 Baleno LXi with them.

Booked my car yesterday.

Make : Fiat
Model : Punto 1.4
Variant : Emotion Pack
Booking Date : 22/07/2010
Color :Exotica Red
Expected Delivery Date :10th August 2010
Dealer & City :Galaxy Motors, Mumbai
Freebies :Garware Sunfilm, Mudflap, Floor mats
Others : they threw in a Reverse Parking Sensor at 50% discount (ie at Rs 2500)

Booked my car today

Make-Maruti
Model-swift ddis
Variant-Vdi
Booking Date-25th july 2010
Color-Pearl metallic mystic white
Expected delivery date-25th september 2010
dealer & city-Sai service,andheri east,mumbai
Freebies - none
others-earlier thought of exchanging with my 12yr old zen vx,later decided to retire it to my native place,as it has hardly done 50k:).

Make :Fiat
Model : linea
Variant : MJD motion pack
Fuel : diesel
Booking Date : July 25th, 2010
Color : bossa nova white
Expected Delivery Date : 2-3 days
Dealer & City : tayal motors faridabad
Freebies :Mud flaps, floor mats, perfume, car cover, FREE INSURANCE
others: getting the car through CSD so saving almost Rs75000

inspected the car: found everything ok. will check as per team bhp at time of delivery.

[quote=Dr.AD;1992822]Amazing story! Congratulations!!

Being a Palio owner myself, I can relate to your liking of Palio :) Given that recently Palios are selling in single digits, you are likely to create a big jump is nationwide Palio sells for the month of October (or hopefully sooner)!

Fiat Palio is a very good and sturdy car. If you wish to use the car for 5plus years it is worth buying. The draw back is the re sale value.

After a lot of deliberation, waiting, watching, planning, thinking and deciding I finally booked my new car yesterday (effectively today). Here are the details -

Make : Honda
Model : Civic
Variant : V M/T
Booking Date : 26/07/2010
Color : Crystal Black Pearl
Expected Delivery Date : 31/07/2010 (I've requested for this - my personal PDI will be on 28/07/2010 hopefully)
Dealer & City : Pride Honda, Hyderabad
Freebies : You know Honda. Given the scheme they have now (please see below) they were reluctant to part with anything else. I'll hopefully get the car cover they promised for free.
Others : Re. 1/- insurance (Honda scheme on Civics in July 2010), corporate discount of Rs. 7500/-

The waiting and watching began in 2006 when the Civic was announced. In the interim my status changed from a single graduate to a married post-graduate. After 4 years I said enough is enough and started the hunt for a used Civic, but couldn't find any pre-worshipped examples over the past 3-4 months.

I'm OK with buying new, however, considering I'm going to keep the car for at least 8 years (more likely 10-12). The plan was to wait until April 2011 if I had to buy new but I couldn't wait any longer and the insurance offer just added to the urge :).

Regards,
spadix

@Spadix. Many congratulations for finally taking the plunge. I am happy to know someone who has done his research as thorough as you.:)

I guess we should be taking deliveries just days apart. Btw, i am surprised by the color you chose as i was sure you will go with White. Hope you have a caretaker who can spend 15 minutes each day.

Care to share the final OTR price that you have to pay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 1989081)
Guys, I received my car's VIN Number on Monday and was happy to know that it is a July, 2010 manufactured vehicle. This month is very special for our family as 23rd is my Mother's Birthdate and on this date itself we got our first car home back in 2000clap:.
The Sales Manager told me that I shall get my car on or around 26th July. Is this delay okay considering that the car would be coming from Chennai to Gurgaon,Haryana :confused:?
I tweaked my deal a bit again and finally, this is what it is-

Delivered!!!
Here is the ownership thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1997582