Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-67.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1997611)
@Spadix. Many congratulations for finally taking the plunge. I am happy to know someone who has done his research as thorough as you.:)

Thanks a lot, mobike008! I don't know about the quality of the research I've done. Until there is a counterfactual you just have to be content with what you have, else you'll forever suffer from analysis paralysis.

Also a big thanks for helping me along during the final stages of the research!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008
I guess we should be taking deliveries just days apart. Btw, i am surprised by the color you chose as i was sure you will go with White. Hope you have a caretaker who can spend 15 minutes each day.

Yeah, congratulations to you too!

We kind of figured that white is as bad to maintain as black and since both of us (wife and I) wanted black to begin with, we just took the plunge. It was almost a last-minute change.

That caretaker will be me. As you said, it's only 15 minutes and when you spend that figure in lacs, spending it in minutes to keep the car spick and span *shouldn't* be a problem :).

By the way, I saw an Olympia White Cruze a few hours after I placed the order. I will stop at saying I envy you terribly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008
Care to share the final OTR price that you have to pay?

It's 1526991 landed. I'm going to get the registration done through AASI, otherwise it would have been another 3k. I've decided not to get any accessories fitted rightaway. I'll get some window tint after I get the permanent registration done.

Regards,
spadix

Make : Maruti
Model : Ritz
Variant : Zxi
Fuel : Petrol, Diesel
Booking Date : Some time in early July 2010
Color : Silky Silver
Expected Delivery Date :29 July 2010
Dealer & City : Chowgule / Pune
Freebies : Just discounts
Others :

Posting his booking details for a colleague who booked VW Polo ages ago and is holding on...

Make : VW
Model : Polo
Variant : Higline
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : Last week of March 2010
Color : Glacier Blue
Expected Delivery Date :2nd Week of Aug 2010
Dealer & City : Pune
Others :

^ It could be anything. Left over stock in the dealership or the plant. It could be some test drive cars too. Some of the tbhpians were the first to get them and have had no issues whatsoever. 3.29 ex would be roughly 3.6 on road, you wouldnt get a 2 year old SDX for that price. Even if it had some minor glitches, buyer need not bother too much. It anyways comes with free additional warranty and insurance.

If I got a chance to buy a 2008/2009 at the above said killer prices, I would have closed my eyes and bought it. I guess the worst affected would be the ones who got the Palio few months before the price slash.

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : Exi - Tdci
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 21-07-10
Color : Diamond White
Expected Delivery Date : 29-07-10
Dealer & City : Mody Ford, Hyderabad
Freebies : Getting the essential kit for free
Others : None

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishaan_1990 (Post 2001415)
Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : Exi - Tdci
Booking Date : 21-07-10
Color : Diamond White
Expected Delivery Date : 29-07-10
Dealer & City : Mody Ford, Hyderabad
Freebies : Getting the essential kit for free

Congrats Ishaan of the Figo. Its a wonderful car and a pleasure to drive, a typical Ford car feature. All the best, I hope you have the PDI check list ready for today's action.

@Ghodlur- Thank you!

Make : Mahindra
Model : Scorpio
Variant : LX
Booking Date : 2 weeks back
Color : Fiery Black
Expected Delivery Date : 2nd Week of August
Dealer & City : MPL Automobiles, Chennai
Freebies : 50% insurance, 10k exchange bonus and expecting a few more

Make : FIAT
Model : Grande Punto
Variant : 90HP VGT
Booking Date : 29th July 2010
Color : B.N.White
Expected Delivery Date : 2nd week of August 2010
Dealer & City : Hyson, Thrissur
Freebies : None other than the usual mats, mud flaps etc

finally picked up my Ritz yest evening(Its already midnight)... Had lot of issues with RTO... Heard from the dealer that most of the cars had been rejected yesterday due to address proof inspite of having affidavits. Made it in the end to pick the car in the evening (everything went against TBHP's PDI). Fortunate enough to get the car with just 20 kms on the meter. Will post in detail on the ownership thread. Overall a great experience...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayaksrinivasv (Post 2003240)
finally picked up my Ritz yest evening(Its already midnight)... Had lot of issues with RTO... Heard from the dealer that most of the cars had been rejected yesterday due to address proof inspite of having affidavits. Made it in the end to pick the car in the evening (everything went against TBHP's PDI). Fortunate enough to get the car with just 20 kms on the meter. Will post in detail on the ownership thread. Overall a great experience...

Congrats. Its time to change signature now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu (Post 2002861)
Model : Scorpio
Variant : LX
Booking Date : 2 weeks back
Color : Fiery Black
Expected Delivery Date : 2nd Week of August
Dealer & City : MPL Automobiles, Chennai
Freebies : 50% insurance, 10k exchange bonus and expecting a few more

Congrats ! what is the final Onroad price ? And whats the loan deal you got, if you have gone for one. Thanks

@2theMax, thanks. Final on road price is around 8.66 lakhs. Loan amount is yet to be decided. Wifey is a banker, so am waiting for some offers to be rolled out

Model : Xylo
Variant : E8 ABS
Booking Date : Last week
Color : Java Brown
Expected Delivery Date : just got loan approval. So as soon as funds are available, I guess
Dealer & City : Sireesh, Bangalore
Freebies : Tint, mudflaps, carpets, ganesha idol, scent etc
Others : leather (22k) and bull guard (8k)

Make : Fiat
Model : Palio Stile Multijet
Variant : SDX
Booking Date : 31 July 10 (today)
Color : Infinity Black.
Expected Delivery Date : 6 - 8 weeks
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Hyderabad
Freebies : Free Insurance, Free 2 Additional years extended warranty, Free 50 months Road Side Assistance
Others : Discounted Ex-showroom price : 3,89,000. Estimated on-road price : 4.4L