Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-77.html)

After months of procrastination and one cancelled car booking (i20), finally booked my White Scorpio A/T 2WD at India Garage, Bangalore. Hoping to get delivery this weekend (for Dasara), earlier than expected. Exchanging my Santro A/T.

Make : Tata Motors
Model : Safari
Variant : LX
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 13-Oct-10
Color : Black
Expected Delivery Date : 10-12 Days
City : Gurgaon
Freebies : Mud flaps, Floor mats + Some Cash Discount.
Accessories : Front Fog Lamps, Tata Minda Central Locking, Planning to put After market Alloys.

Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model : Gypsy King
Variant : BS IV (G13BB or K12M uncertain)
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 07/10/2010
Color : Silky Silver Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : Hinted at 3 months, before retirement hopefully.
Dealer & City : Bimal Auto, Old Airport rd, Bangalore
Freebies : Free air in tyres, extra air for backup - they are providing a spare 5th wheel for that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2105861)
Make: Maruti Suzuki
Model : Gypsy King
Variant : BS IV (G13BB or K12M uncertain)
Booking Date : 07/10/2010
Color : Silky Silver Metallic
Expected Delivery Date : Hinted at 3 months, before retirement hopefully.
Dealer & City : Bimal Auto, Old Airport rd, Bangalore
Freebies : Free air in tyres, extra air for backup - they are providing a spare 5th wheel for that

Great! the same engine in A-Star etc right?

How much would it cost you OTR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2105863)

5.49lacs ex showroom + 84K Road tax + 23K Insurance makes roughly 6.58 lacs

HTH

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2105863)

Same as Swift's engine.
A* come with a 1000 cc engine if I remember correctly.

Make: FIAT
Model : Linea
Variant : Tjet Plus
Booking Date : 14/10/2010
Color : Tuscan Wine
Expected Delivery: 2-3 days after loan clearing.
Dealer & City : Concorde, prabadevi, Mumbai
Freebies : None

^^Whoa! First T-Jet Plus of Team Bhp?!! PLEASE start a ownership thread once you get your FIAT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshaymahajan (Post 2106153)
Same as Swift's engine.
A* come with a 1000 cc engine if I remember correctly.

The Swift comes with a K12M. The local sales manager @Maruti Bangalore is "certain" on a personal hunch that if its a BSIV Gypsy its has to be K series engine. Beyond that, he has no clue and is too lazy to call Gurgaon plant and check for me (called him 6 times in last week, and he was not picking up my calls most of the time).

Then although the showroom and website leaflet/printout advertises G13BB, the salesman verbally mentioned 85bhp and 1200CC after "checking" internally, which is the K12M specs! Unless the G13BB has been tweaked to meet Euro-4 - but there is no global public news of such a development.

The suspense continues ...

--R

Finally i Booked My car :)

Make : FIAT
Model : Grande Punto
Varient : 1.2 Emotion
Booking date :14th October 2010
Color : Exotica red
Expected date of delivery : 6th Nov 2010
Dealer : Concorde Motors , Mysore road , Bangalore
Freebies : Door mats , Mudflaps , Sunfilm, Idol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 2106207)
The Swift comes with a K12M. The local sales manager @Maruti Bangalore is "certain" on a personal hunch that if its a BSIV Gypsy its has to be K series engine. Beyond that, he has no clue and is too lazy to call Gurgaon plant and check for me (called him 6 times in last week, and he was not picking up my calls most of the time).

Then although the showroom and website leaflet/printout advertises G13BB, the salesman verbally mentioned 85bhp and 1200CC after "checking" internally, which is the K12M specs! Unless the G13BB has been tweaked to meet Euro-4 - but there is no global public news of such a development.

The suspense continues ...

--R

Only if they surprise you by plonking a SX4 engine into your Gypsy.
BTW: It's a little weird buying a car and not knowing what heart it will come with. But then there are no other options to a Gypsy.

We booked 3 cars in 3 days, all for our company use.

1) We had an old 2003 model 800 here in mumbai which was being used by a staff. It was high time we gave him a new car. I shortlisted Ritz P, Ritz D, i10 Kappa 2, Swift P & Swift D for him. We left the ultimate decision on him since he would be the person who would be driving the car more than us! He found the Swift very cramped & dint like the looks of the i10, so it was the Ritz. Since his usage was quite low & he was used to petrol cars, he selected the Ritz VXi!. On-road price - Rs. 5.46 lakhs

2) We had an old Indica in kerela which we used sparingly & had given to a staff. Since the vehicle was prone to issues, even the staff reluctantly used it! Finally, we decided to replace it. It was a 2002 model Indica V2. We were to replace it with a Ritz or Figo diesel. but when we were about to sell the car, the local market rate we got was 80k max! Amazingly, TATA dealer promised us a deal of Rs. 1.5 lakh on an exchange offer, that is, if we buy an indica vista from them. I was a bit hesitant earlier but then considering the huge savings & the fact that, this car will be very rarely used by us, we booked the Indica Vista. Indica Vista Quadra is booked but I forgot which variant was booked, so i'll update on the pricing later.

3) Ours is a construction company & we needed a 7-8 seater SUV/MUV for carrying staff & labours from our sites. the vehicle needed to be rugged with good GC. This one was simple as the only options were Sumo/Spacio, Bolero & Trax. TATAs were rejected as they are not fit for such abuse (our personal experience) & we have one Trax Cruiser but their A.S.S is bad. so it was the bolero. we booked a Non-AC DI 2WD BS-3 Bolero. On-road price - 5.8 lakhs

I"m late to announce this here, but anyway I'm still waiting for my car to get billed at plant and leave plant, so here it is:

Make : Tata
Model : Safari
Variant : EX
Booking Date : 18-SEP-2010
Color : Mountain Green, Pearl White, Arctic Silver, Cycus Grey (Order of preference)
Expected Delivery Date : Hopefully before end of October
Dealer & City : True Sai Works, Hosur, Tamilnadu
Freebies : 5K Corporate discount, and 5K accessories

This has been a long wait, and still waiting, but let me give some insight:
After months of thinking, finally booked Mountain Green LX Safari on 18-Oct. At that time I told dealer I want ONLY Mountain Green and nothing else. The dealer called back after a week and said Mountain Green is not available and what is my next preference. I ordered Cycus Grey then. They seemed to be trying hard until late night on Sept 30th, but they couldn't get a Cycus Grey either billed at plant.

Then, first week of October, I told them I'll go for EX if EX is immediately available. And I also gave them several color choices - Pearl WHite, Mountain Green, Arctic Silver, Cycus Grey in that order of preference for EX.
Nothing happend, and on Oct 7th, I called the sales guy again for status, and he didn't pick the phone but smsed that he is in meeting and will call me later. He never called, I tried 3 times that day and he didn't pick the phone.
After returning from office that day I called him once more and someone else picked and said he is in meeting. I said I'm coming to the dealership to meet him in person.
I went there, met him, he got me seated, then went into manager's cabin, and there seemed to be a heated discussion with the sales guy seemingly in receiving end from the general manager. Then he came out and said I can speak to the manager.

I went in, the manager was quite polite, and apologised for the delay.. I cooled down, then asked them when is the car expected. They said in 10-15 days time they'll get it billed. The main reason he gave for delay was, upto Sep 30th, there was LX green not available, then I changed to EX. If I had decided on EX before that, he would've got it by now. Anyways, he promised to get a EX billed in 10-15 days time, and will also add some more freebies to compensate delay. I have also given the huge choice of colors, told them get me any EX except arctic white or mineral red. Any other color is OK.

I left with some assurance. A week later, 14th Oct, I called again, and sales guy said they're going to get it billed in 2 days time.

Today is 18th Oct, one month from date of booking. Has been a long wait, and I'm hoping things will progress this week or latest by month end I should have it. If nothing happens in another 2 weeks, I'll cancel booking. This is the only dealer in Hosur. :-(

PHEW!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishsegar (Post 2106167)
Make: FIAT
Model : Linea
Variant : Tjet Plus
Booking Date : 14/10/2010
Color : Tuscan Wine
Expected Delivery: 2-3 days after loan clearing.
Dealer & City : Concorde, prabadevi, Mumbai
Freebies : None

Congratulations! We went to Condorde motors in Chennai and we were told that Linea T-Jet is only being released in Mumbai, Pune and in Delhi. I'm sure the car will be awesome!

Booked! expecting delivery today
Make : FIAT
Model : 1.3 MJT
Variant : ACTIVE
Booking Date :22nd OCT
Color : MEDIUM GREY
Expected Delivery Date : 26OCT .. toDAY!!
Dealer & City : CONCORDE MOTORS , MYSORE ROAD , BANGALORE
Freebies : Same old story , Mats , perfume , idol and body cover.
Others : Insurance , extended warrenty free.. Had to Pay Rs 3000 to AVAIL the offer.:eek:

Story goes like this...
I Had a Fiat Adventure 1.6 sport, my first car.. was in love with it.. Bought a Swift LDi first MJT engine thinking with a fiat engine one could not go wrong.. repented from the first day till the last but one.. why?.. because the day i sold it i sold it for a bomb! 4lac 7000 to a dealer! like the famous quote goes " whats the use of power without control " true example I believe is the Yucky Swift.. ( I can say that 'cause I was spoilt by the Adventure)

test drove a few i20's , figo's , Vista and others.. nothing comes close to a Fiat... No close competitors..

buying the basic variant and planning to beef it up with good interiors, HYUNDAI central locking (lol:) thats the only one that fits in a Fiat (without issues due to some wire kinda mechanism) PETES (post 5000Kms) , Blisten suspension (all four) , and Torox brakes (front) .. let me know ur thoughts guys..