Team-BHP - The "I Booked my Car" Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   What Car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/)
-   -   The "I Booked my Car" Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/89063-i-booked-my-car-thread-82.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sathya_sc (Post 2182533)
After a FIAT.. Its always a FIAT!

Congrats Satya.
Very true. Once a FIATian, always a FIATian

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilisanil (Post 2180801)
You cancelled a figo booking? Sorry to hear that!! Something might have gone really fishy and congrats on your buy and cheers for going with ABS!! And you seem to have got a nice deal too!! :thumbs up

Thanks Anilsanil. I cancelled the Figo not because of any lapse from the company or the dealer - it was because I had to suddenly travel to Japan on business and my wife did not want to take delivery without me being present

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sathya_sc (Post 2182533)
Make : FIAT
Freebies : Mats and basic acc.
Others : No

Only Mats and basic acc. even at year end! But I can prefectly understand the urge to get the machine ASAP :)

Excellent choice indeed.

After four months of serious analysis and reading thru GBs of data, I ended up in booking VW Vento.
Make : Volkswagen
Model : Vento
Variant : Highline
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 08-Dec-2010
Color : Shadow Blue / Red
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of Feb-2011
Dealer & City : Ramani Cars, Coimbatore
Freebies : None
Others : None
Booking amount : 75K
On Road Price : ~11L (After the recent announcement of 3% increase in price)
For me it was quite a search for a car. I was looking for a diesel car with ABS and airbags. Here goes my search story in short. As we all are well aware of the positives of the cars which I mentioned below, I am only giving the points which made me to go against each of these.

Tata Manza (AURA +, QUADRAJET90 BS IV)

The main and the only reason was the plastic quality. I loved the car when I first saw the add in TV and I loved even more when I read the GTO's review. The only point that bothered me from GTO's review was about the plastic quality. I watched several video reviews and I was not able to jump to a solid conclusion. Later when I saw the TD vehicle, my heart almost broke. The plastic looked dead cheap. May be it was because the car was not maintained properly and neatly. But still I don’t want that plastic to be that cheap. The TD car already clocked 8K kms and some of the plastic parts near the B pillar and door panels came out already. The engine was way too noisy. The funny part is that, when I asked the sales rep about this, he said the vehicle was not serviced properly and the new vehicle would be 50% less noise than this. Nothing to say after this.

Hyundai i20 (Asta, CRDi)

Even though I was looking for a sedan, this car always disturbed me a lot. So thought of giving it a try. I tried and I fell for this. In short this is a wild beast which you will always want to ride on. I convinced myself to go for this premium hatchback against any sedan. But I was not successful enough to convince my dad. He always wanted a sedan as we already have a hatchback (Santro ZipPlus). So, no words against his wish.

Hyundai Verna Transform (1.5 SX, CRDi VGT (BS IV))

I liked everything, except for the reason that there are no air bags even in the top end variant. Safety first!!! So up goes the next…

Fiesta (1.4 Duratorq, Sxi)

It’s a good car with driving pleasure, solidly built, proven performance and high reliability. But as the new version of fiesta is just around the corner, I don't want to fall for the big discounts.

VW Vento (Highline, TDI)

Finally, after doing lot of homework and reading the wonderful review by GTO decided on the VW Vento and booked it. I wanted the car for my marriage, which falls on Feb-14th (That’s a different story:)). For the colors white and silver, the waiting period is 6 to 7 months. But if I go for red or black, I will get my car by 1st week of Feb-2011 for sure. But I insisted on my sales rep to get me a show blue color. I was informed by the sales rep that the Shadow blue will be under production only from Jan-2011. Any idea whether I will be lucky to get the shadow blue by 1st week of Feb-2011?

Cheers!
Giri

booked my car
fiat
punto 90 hp diesel
bnw
booking amount 20k
garyson motor ,ludhiana
expected delivery 3 days
6.76 lac + registration

Congrats rupinder! Please do the PDI properly according to TBhp checklist and start a ownership report!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giri.R (Post 2183483)
After four months of serious analysis and reading thru GBs of data, I ended up in booking VW Vento.
Model : Vento
Booking Date : 08-Dec-2010
Color : Shadow Blue / Red
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of Feb-2011
Dealer & City : Ramani Cars, Coimbatore
Others : None
Booking amount : 75K
On Road Price : ~11L (After the recent announcement of 3% increase in price)

HI Giri,

You will need to start a new ownership thread where you can contribute as to why you chose the car you booked. This thread is only for car bookings and lets try to keep it that way.

BTW Congratulations on your Vento Booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalesh (Post 2180254)
Hi People!!

After reading through a lot of review for a hatchback at Team-bhp, with a very restricted budget, I have booked a Chevy Spark LT (top model without ABS & Aigbags) Velvet Red colour. I think the discount season in December gave me a decent deal.

Congratulations, Kalesh.
What was the on-road price?

Model : Polo 1.6
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 24th December 2010
Color : Red or Black
Expected Delivery Date : 2 - 4 months
Dealer & City : Volkswagen Chennai
Booking amount : 50K
On Road Price : ~7.1L (excluding accessories)

today i got the delivery of my bnw punto 90 bhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rupinder (Post 2186091)
today i got the delivery of my bnw punto 90 bhp.

Congrats Rupinder. I'm eagerly waiting for your 'ownership report'. Do click many pics from all possible angles.

Make : Tata
Model : Safari
Variant : GX, BS IV, 4 X 2
Booking Date : 15th Dec 2010
Color : Quartz Black, Dual Tone
Date of PDI : 24th Dec 2010 ( thanks to T-BHP Check list and a very co-operative dealer )
Expected Delivery Date : 27th Dec 2010
Dealer & City : Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore.
Freebies : The regulars ( mud flap, idol, floor mats, Extended warranty )

Make : Fiat
Model : Linea
Variant : Emotion
Booking Date : 24 Dec 2010
Color : Bossa Nova White
Expected Delivery Date : 1st week of January
Dealer & City : Hyson Motors, Thrissur
Freebies : Mats, Flaps, Sunfilm (Garware)
Others : Insurance, Extended warranty and RSA for Rs.3000 and Parking sensors for Rs. 2000
Cash discount : Rs.15,000
Total discounts: ~ Rs.50,000
Booking amount : Rs.10,000
On The Road Price : Rs.8,68,000

Booked

Make: Mahindra
Model: Scorpio
Variant: VLX - Airbags - 4WD
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 22-Dec-2010
Color: Diamond White
Expected Delivery Date: within 3months (as a policy of Zulaikha Motors)
Expected Delivery Date (as per Mahindra): within 6 weeks
Dealer & City: Zulaikha Motors, Velachery, Chennai
Freebies: Offers prevailing at the time of delivery
Others: No other offer - assured PDI at the Yard.

A dream of 7odd years of owning a Mahindra Scorpio is about to be realized.

Special thanks to Team-BHP and BHPians.

Congrats!! on living your dream Sir. Once you get the delivery of the vehicle, please post your ownership report and lots of pics.

Wish You a Very Happy Scorpio..:thumbs up

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS (Post 2187913)
Booked

Make: Mahindra
Model: Scorpio
Variant: VLX - Airbags - 4WD
Fuel: Diesel
Booking Date: 22-Dec-2010
Color: Diamond White
Expected Delivery Date: within 3months (as a policy of Zulaikha Motors)
Expected Delivery Date (as per Mahindra): within 6 weeks
Dealer & City: Zulaikha Motors, Velachery, Chennai
Freebies: Offers prevailing at the time of delivery
Others: No other offer - assured PDI at the Yard.

A dream of 7odd years of owning a Mahindra Scorpio is about to be realized.

Special thanks to Team-BHP and BHPians.